Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:23:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think we don't get quality Bitcoin users anymore?  (Read 2187 times)
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:41:33 PM

A lot of people jump to Bitcoin because they saw a huge profit that they can earned through investing, they just follow friend's advice and just put the money, many of friends also do the same, they don't know that Bitcoin is a currency, and they don't care what is the potential of Bitcoin ,they just know they want to earn profit
I can confidently say that most of those who decided to invest into bitcoins for just the huge profits have all stopped due to the value dropping in recent months, Its only those who believe in the value and ideas of Bitcoins that are still in the game of investing.
Which is unfortunate because if those panic investors had remained they probably would stand to gain a lot. But then again we need them so that the smarter investors can make the lions share of profit. I go back and forth on whether I want quality users in Bitcoin right now, all I know is that I want quality in the end.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:48:47 PM

In my opinion, the users who bought BTC during the hype are those who just heard from their friends or mainstream media about BTC and do not really understand the purpose and technology behind it. Most of them have the misconception of 'get-rich-quick' scheme in crypto, causing a parabolic rise in price. They easily got affected of FUDs, resulting to panic selling. I am hoping for them to learn from their previous mistakes.
tot-o

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:54:18 PM

Well I agree with you, some just used all their savings to invest on Bitcoin to gain or to multiply their money, but on the process they got disappointed since they have to hold and wait and their patience run out then suddenly withdraw all their coins, turn it to fiat and return it to bank, its their fault in the first place not knowing the basic of all.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:58:08 PM

Yes the slot machine players have taken over and bankers have taken over the network
which you knew anyway when fees hit $55 per transaction but anyone who's still under the
false impression that "All is well" are advised to read the lightning white paper
https://lightning.network/lightning-network-paper.pdf which is a bit of a smog screen, just search for the
term "Fees" and "Savings Account"

Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g and here is a map of the current network
as inter-branch connections are being setup and tested https://lnmainnet.gaben.win/

You can contact Mr P Noon who's the project leader on Lightning Network with any concerns but he's not answering
any emails just now, I know because I tried that route already.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:02:40 PM

I agree there many users like me but we cannot deny the fact that bitcoin for the other is business as long as they get a profit they did not think that bitcoin can be more valuable for a long term investment and most of the users now did not know the cycle in this crypto world so the result they fear to lose their investment.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:05:57 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but I have the feeling that with Bitcoin price growth we have got a lot of new users who are not honesty and passionate interested in Bitcoin but only in fast, instant profit and if they don't get it they got disappointed and give up. Some of them don't even bother to get some basic knowledge about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general. That is also the reason why we see so much panic selling when the price dumps. Is that only my feeling or do you think that also?

Or it could be the case where people are not getting into the bitcoin as it is difficult to get enrolled at this very high point. The prices are already so high and whenever there is new person coming into the bitcoin then I am pretty sure they might be doing coupe of thousand investment initially and might just end up with max 1 BTC investment. Thats hell lot of money to put into stakes at least fro the new comers. So in general people are trusting the bitcoin but they are making investment in small chunks and thus the bitcoin is growing slowly and slowly all the time.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:11:51 PM

I partialy agree. It is true that many people here are only after money, they believe that Bitcoin price will continue to increase even though they don't know much about it. I'm kinda angry when I hear someone who tells everyone that he invests in Bitcoin but he can't describe it properly. Usually he gives some generic information which is not really correct. However, there are still many people who get really hyped up about Bitcoin as a future method of payment. I hope that there will be more people like that.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:55:59 PM

This is one of the problem why our community is getting worse because most of the people are just putting their money and getting into bitcoin without paying attention to the real essence of the cryptocurrency like bitcoin. If you ask them why they are here, then they will only tell you that they are here because they want profit and it is one of the trending investment which is a complete bandwagon person that is making the image of bitcoin worse.
erichall

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:58:46 PM

We are already there, my friend.

Crypto was created as an escape from the tyranny of big gov and banks.

Now people are salivating over centralized banking coins and paying taxes.

Crypto will always have it's true followers, but this is always what happens when things go mainstream.
lushlife

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:41:01 AM

Yes I totally agree with you, majority of the new users are "hypebeast". They bought bitcoin without knowing the essentials of it, but we can't blame them.
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:11:33 AM

I think it is normal. Bitcoin had a big hype in the last of 2017 when bitcoin price was sky high. Many Newbie user has come in that time but they don't know how bitcoin works, What is the Bitcoin. They came into the blockchain platform to make good money and some of them are hold bitcoin by hearing 30K USD hype and they are suffering now.
Day by Day, Lots of new user will come in Bitcoin Platform. We don't blame them, rather we should teach them what bitcoin is.

1C6fV5DtakfKANLJ8GUV7hCaA

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

Crypto Marketer For Whales

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:48:43 AM

Don't worry mate, there still exists a bunch of real Bitcoin supporters. I'm one of them. There are a lot of people here where I live who devoted their lives to mining.

Buy Reddit Accounts & Upvotes
Discord: Playerup#6929
Telegram: @redditfactory
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:03:22 AM

There are still a lot of quality bitcoin supporters in the market but now there is also a lot of bitcoin investors who do now understand the project or what bitcoin even is. They do not understand the chart and see that this is normal market movements and so any drop in price scares them ane they start to panic sell but the main bitcoin investors still remain

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
2start

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:18:33 AM

It's not just your feelings, I'm also aware of it. Now that bitcoin is popular, but its popularity is due to its benefits only, it would be nice if bitcoin is popular by its function.
Fatemablabla

Activity: 546
Merit: 180

I'm Matured Now

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 08:19:01 AM

You dnt fnd any one?brah im here 😁 i support it from the bottom of my heart.it is giving me money so its my holy dity to support it.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:26:59 AM

There are still a lot of quality bitcoin supporters in the market but now there is also a lot of bitcoin investors who do now understand the project or what bitcoin even is. They do not understand the chart and see that this is normal market movements and so any drop in price scares them ane they start to panic sell but the main bitcoin investors still remain
People who experienced both good and bad in bitcoin they will always support to Bitcoin because they know how this crypto market will work in real time. But because of this newcomers, half knowledge decisions making Bitcoin worse day by day. I think one day everyone will understand and support Bitcoin.
Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:33:11 AM

Yes there are a lot of bitcoin investors who doesnt have enough knowledge about bitcoin that can cause a panic selling when the price suddenly down because these investors are the type of investors who are wanted to join in the trend without having an enough study and learn all about the bitcoin that can cause them to loss money. It is important to know what bitcoin is all about so that we can use it to support bitcoin whatever news or happenings are happen that can affect the market and this knowledge also help us to hold bitcoin or buy more if the price goes down.

gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:37:39 AM

Maybe I'm wrong but I have the feeling that with Bitcoin price growth we have got a lot of new users who are not honesty and passionate interested in Bitcoin but only in fast, instant profit and if they don't get it they got disappointed and give up. Some of them don't even bother to get some basic knowledge about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general. That is also the reason why we see so much panic selling when the price dumps. Is that only my feeling or do you think that also?

i agree but let us not forget that bitcoin is mainly a business, users tends to buy for the purpose of earning, just like any businesses and investments, there are lots of investors who are dictated only by their own impulse, some are just testing the waters, so they can easily be frustrated if they have loose some amount, though there are so many users like this, let us also not belittle the pioneers who are still into bitcoin, who made bitcoin remains at the top crypto in the market today, they have survived from day one and up to this date. but all of these are part of the community that creates traffic and created bitcoin price movements, the more investors come, the more lousy traders are out there, the more we gain.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 08:39:46 AM

With all the hype that is generated by bitcoin I do think that most of the people who are newly joining are those people who just jumped right in without any research or without even any known facts about the cryptocurrency market that they are gettinng thenselves into. As such this results into a lot of back and forth and a very panic emotional climate once the going gets rough which I believe you are also leaning towards when you made this point

Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:47:09 AM

Its true that the current BTC users tend to panic alot and sell too soon. such are the reasons as to why the value drops.most of the new users are in BTC for the profits and do not really beleive in its project
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: