Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:04:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think we don't get quality Bitcoin users anymore?  (Read 2187 times)
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:49:26 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but I have the feeling that with Bitcoin price growth we have got a lot of new users who are not honesty and passionate interested in Bitcoin but only in fast, instant profit and if they don't get it they got disappointed and give up. Some of them don't even bother to get some basic knowledge about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general. That is also the reason why we see so much panic selling when the price dumps. Is that only my feeling or do you think that also?
Yeah, I also felt what you have feel with the new comers in the cryptocurrency world. Most of the new users here are just motivated by the certain news in the social media where they hear that bitcoin is very profitable that is why they come here but they only expect instant profit. Yes they are the ones who add to the many panic sellers when the price goes down. Being a newcomer and eyeing for the profit,  some of them are really not knowledgeable with what things are happening here that is why most of them are ending unsuccessfully.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jennyhoang293

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:49:31 PM

btc quality after previous, do not changed. I'm very fun in this field. And each month to be start to $ 1000
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:05:42 PM

no guys, it's the same as I think. many new users in the bitcoin world have no more understanding of crypto currency, especially bitcoin. they only follow euphoria when bitcoin prices are high. and hoping to make a fortune. but it turns out they got disappointed. because the bitcoin is back at the starting price. who is wrong.? not bitcoin, but those who do not learn about bitcoin. to get stuck.
Ever since the value of B8jumped through the roof, most of the people who started investing into it, where all about making profits.  They didn't care about the values of the crypto currency but rather all about making money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
furry04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:35:29 PM

I was thinking this issue and yes you are right, the newcomers have not any knowledge regarding even finance and why the prices go up or fall, the tech side is zero as well and the focus is only more and more gaining
edjames

Activity: 157

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:49:45 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but I have the feeling that with Bitcoin price growth we have got a lot of new users who are not honesty and passionate interested in Bitcoin but only in fast, instant profit and if they don't get it they got disappointed and give up. Some of them don't even bother to get some basic knowledge about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general. That is also the reason why we see so much panic selling when the price dumps. Is that only my feeling or do you think that also?

It's a double edged sword really. On one hand, it's good to have more users, as it helps bring crypto in to the mainstream, but on the other, the increase will bring in the less technical, and those that simply want to make a quick buck. Time will tell if BTC is robust enough to survive.
nikonova

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:18:26 AM

this is true. many just jumped on the bitcoin bandwagon thinking they will get rich instantly.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:05:03 AM

Nowadays the young bitcoin investors only want easy and fast profits they invest in short terms without knowing the history of the trend of the rates neither they care about the long term plans they just invest a lumpsum for a petty profit in a short time.

They just want to earn profit and nothing else there is no seriousness among the young investors , maybe this is a reason why the bitcoin’s future has diverted from being used as a currency to getting used as investment.
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:09:06 AM

I feel the same way, in late 2017 and early 2018 is the moment where bitcoin reaches its peak, and new bitcoin users are also increasing. But now, in mid-2018 they seemed disappointed with prices that continue to fall.

They may not understand the bitcoin circulation, the basic rules of the cryptocurrency market, etc. But I hope new users will learn more about what bitcoin is and the main purpose of bitcoin creation.

hasemase

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:10:47 AM

Agree but keep in mind bitcoin moves in cycles. The bear market will filter the not honestly interested people out and will make this a cleaner environment. In the next bull season the noobs will come back.
auliani2000aa

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:13:37 AM

Basically, new users will still be interested in value and money with Bitcoin, as time goes by, they are looking for more vision and mission knowledge about Bitcoin. As they continue to watch and understand the values of the Bitcoin currency, they will be excited again.
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:22:33 AM

I think so, most of them now is newbie that they joines bitcoin even though they really do not know what bitcoin is. Most of them asking questions that are too obvious to answer but still they keep asking. They do not how to use google. When i joined bitcoin i made sure that i am well educated about it.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
Eigig

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:24:12 AM

I think we can still get quality bitcoin users , I am positive ,I do not rely on negative comments because it can create a little by little damage to bitcoin reputation, there might be bitcoin users that are not of quality but I think its only few , I believe there are many responsible bitcoin users  than those unquality users , we just continue supporting bitcoin and never mind those users who are not responsible for their moves.
iotarocket

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:26:40 AM

I think the impatient, ignorant bitcoin investors will flee at the first sign of a bear market, so their influence should be discounted. Every market will have foolish, greedy people. It's a feature of every new technology that as it develops and becomes more user-friendly, less sophisticated people will be attracted to it.
Stavr1992

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:30:20 AM

Now comes to the crypto-currency market a lot less people, compared to the previous year. However, when the market begins to recover, there will be a new interest in crypto-currencies.
teklang01

Activity: 173
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:33:37 AM

You have a point there and I couldn't agree with you more because as far as i know, most people I know got involved in bitcoin because of the profit they get in bitcoin. They don't use it for the primary purpose why bitcoin was created.
ilovecoin1112

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:34:38 AM

Yes and No.
Yes, Using BTC to purchased real life goods and services are becoming more common everywhere.
No, BTC is too scarce to really replace money. If I always have to worry about buying a car now with 1 BTC or buying a house few years later then BTC is not really good as replacement for money.

There are others crypto which is more suitable for daily transaction. BTC is an investment/saving (sort of like Gold) for me.
ilovecoin1112

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:40:29 AM

Most of people dont know how cryptocurrency work. Hell, do you think more than a few percent of humanity know how "currency" work. They may have a general ideas but deep technical understanding is not necessary for them to live their daily lives.

I see no problems with people who dont have deep knowledge about bitcoin joining the trends. The problems is what their expectations are coming into the market. Too many people get into the crypto sphere only to make quick money; as they do not see the underlying benefit of crypto.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:30:06 AM

Maybe I'm wrong but I have the feeling that with Bitcoin price growth we have got a lot of new users who are not honesty and passionate interested in Bitcoin but only in fast, instant profit and if they don't get it they got disappointed and give up. Some of them don't even brother to get some basic knowledge about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general. That is also the reason why we see so much panic selling when the price dumps. Is that only my feeling or do you think that also?

Good observation! Smiley But not everyone does have the time to learn... And not everyone is a technical person yet they want in on bitcoin because of FOMO. But only time will tell how this all plays out
Agreeing to your point that not everyone is technical enough nor they have the time to study about bitcoins and are only trading bitcoin for the intention of earning profits , but this kind of people are the main reason why bitcoins are used more as an investment and not as a currency, nevertheless bitcoin is no ones property one can use it for trading or as currency its upto them but the younger investors don’t really opt for the later option.
auliani2000aa

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:48:51 AM

I think we all still benefit from Bitcoin users. Because Bitcoin is now superior to other coins with everyone and from time to time the use of bitcoin and rising prices. Bitcoin exposure has now started every day. Lots of people are asking new questions. If we have a problem, they will solve it. They will give us new information, which will help us move forward.
Totoky

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:14:46 AM

Bitcoin is now popular with everyone and day by day usage and price increases. Exposure Bitcoin is now getting on a daily basis. Many are asking new and new questions. If we have any problem, they will solve it. They will give us new information, which will help us to move forward. It is now more noticeable that we have many more people who are new.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: