Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:28:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723558 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 04:27:54 PM

hey, what about this:
RELEASE: PR7380-16  June 2, 2016
CFTC Orders Bitcoin Exchange Bitfinex to Pay $75,000 for Offering Illegal Off-Exchange Financed Retail Commodity Transactions and Failing to Register as a Futures Commission Merchant
http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/pr7380-16

Is Finex accepting US clients? That's dangerous.

We do accept US clients and have settled any alleged violations with the CFTC, made the changes required to become compliant and US customers can deposit fiat, trade on margin, and withdraw fiat same as before.

Acorrding to Fincen, you need to be a licensed MSB in each state from USA if you want to accept US clients; obvious you are not. more than that, you are not licensed in BVI (where your company is registered) too.
in short, you are running an illegal business Smiley   If not, please accept my apology and please provide us your financial license(s).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zanetackett

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 09:34:41 AM

hey, what about this:
CFTC Orders Bitcoin Exchange Bitfinex to Pay $75,000 for Offering Illegal Off-Exchange Financed Retail Commodity Transactions and Failing to Register as a Futures Commission Merchant

We do accept US clients and have settled any alleged violations with the CFTC, made the changes required to become compliant and US customers can deposit fiat, trade on margin, and withdraw fiat same as before.

Don't mind me asking, but can you prove that you are "Director of Community & Product Dev. @Bitfinex.com" ?

Sure, how would you like me to go about that? You can look at my history and i think it's pretty clear that I am who I say I am. But i'll post a comment in https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/4mlujc/daily_discussion_sunday_june_05_2016/ with my verified reddit account.

Acorrding to Fincen, you need to be a licensed MSB in each state from USA if you want to accept US clients;

This isn't entirely true, there are different ways you can go about it. For example, itBit doesn't have an MSB for every state but are able to accept US customers because they have a bank charter. As such we have addressed this issue a manner so that we remain compliant without going state by state getting MSB's.
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 11:29:54 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 11:46:11 PM by mayax

hey, what about this:

Don't mind me asking, but can you prove that you are "Director of Community & Product Dev. @Bitfinex.com" ?

Sure, how would you like me to go about that? You can look at my history and i think it's pretty clear that I am who I say I am. But i'll post a comment in https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/4mlujc/daily_discussion_sunday_june_05_2016/ with my verified reddit account.

Acorrding to Fincen, you need to be a licensed MSB in each state from USA if you want to accept US clients;

This isn't entirely true, there are different ways you can go about it. For example, itBit doesn't have an MSB for every state but are able to accept US customers because they have a bank charter. As such we have addressed this issue a manner so that we remain compliant without going state by state getting MSB's.

could you please provide that "bank charter" for your company? the product you offer(in your case, products) has to be owned by the bank to get the 50 States MSB exemption. also, if you get a trust charter in New York it doesn mean you qualify for all the STATES (and you accept clients from all USA).

The laws that permit banks to open branches in other states through nationwide reciprocity don't fit the operational model of "Bitcoin exchanger" or even a trust charter.

Example :Louisiana, requires an out-of-state bank to be a "federally insured depository" institution to qualify for a licensing exemption.  Smiley

Also, you operate in EU where a financial license is mandatory as well. Do you have a such license for European Union (as...Circle) ?

On your website, it's saying "a)   where you are a U.S. Person, BFXNA Inc.
BFXNA = a BVI company

BVI is a country who requires a financial license for your kind of activity. I did not find your company along  BVI Financial Services Commission's list.  Why?

How can  you have a bank charter in USA when your company is registered in BVI? If you own a trust/bank charter in USA you are require by the banking laws to provide this information on your website(in a visible place). I don't wanna go in details and to mention that you don't have any physical address on your website. A bank charter without office Huh Huh

Please provide the proof for your words: "As such we have addressed this issue a manner so that we remain compliant without going state by state getting MSB's"
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 06:27:26 AM

Please provide the proof for your words: "As such we have addressed this issue [in] a manner so that we remain compliant without going state by state getting MSB's"

I guess you ask too many questions, lol. You should read the last part as something like "we have written an answer to the CFTC (or whatever) allegations so we deem ourselves fully compliant to whatever claims they might further bring forward without doing anything else"...

Though I would like to hear something more coherent as reply myself

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:23:24 AM

Please provide the proof for your words: "As such we have addressed this issue [in] a manner so that we remain compliant without going state by state getting MSB's"

I guess you ask too many questions, lol. You should read the last part as something like "we have written an answer to the CFTC (or whatever) allegations so we deem ourselves fully compliant to whatever claims they might further bring forward without doing anything else"...

I m asking for some "support"(proof) for Bitfinex's words. It is not about CFTC . They said that they have a bank charter in USA and I am asking for a simple proof(document) of that. It is not a secret and you are required by law to inform your clients about this thing Smiley
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 10:21:21 AM

I m asking for some "support"(proof) for Bitfinex's words. It is not about CFTC . They said that they have a bank charter in USA and I am asking for a simple proof(document) of that. It is not a secret and you are required by law to inform your clients about this thing Smiley

By which law, I'm sorry? I'm only asking if you fully understand that Bitfinex (as well as many other such exchanges) may consider themselves as beyond (or above, lol) any law altogether. And now you are vexing them with these annoying questions...

I'm the law!

Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:21:39 AM

hey, what about this:

I thought BFX accepts US clients already.  Did they not accept US clients before?
zanetackett

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 04:19:34 PM

hey, what about this:

could you please provide that "bank charter" for your company? the product you offer(in your case, products) has to be owned by the bank to get the 50 States MSB exemption. also, if you get a trust charter in New York it doesn mean you qualify for all the STATES (and you accept clients from all USA).

The laws that permit banks to open branches in other states through nationwide reciprocity don't fit the operational model of "Bitcoin exchanger" or even a trust charter.

Example :Louisiana, requires an out-of-state bank to be a "federally insured depository" institution to qualify for a licensing exemption.  Smiley

Also, you operate in EU where a financial license is mandatory as well. Do you have a such license for European Union (as...Circle) ?

BFXNA = a BVI company

BVI is a country who requires a financial license for your kind of activity. I did not find your company along  BVI Financial Services Commission's list.  Why?

How can  you have a bank charter in USA when your company is registered in BVI? If you own a trust/bank charter in USA you are require by the banking laws to provide this information on your website(in a visible place). I don't wanna go in details and to mention that you don't have any physical address on your website. A bank charter without office Huh Huh

Please provide the proof for your words: "As such we have addressed this issue a manner so that we remain compliant without going state by state getting MSB's"

I never said we had a bank charter, you just jumped to that conclusion without reading the next sentence. I said that there is more than one way to approach regulation as opposed to you stating that the only way to be compliant is going state by state getting MSBs and then gave you an example.

As for asking for proof about being compliant, go read the settlement and order from the CFTC, then go read our ToS, and you can decide for yourself if you think we've done enough to be compliant. For a good idea of the context of the settlement and a bigger view I would suggest reading this: http://www.coindesk.com/cftc-bitfinex-enforcement-bitcoin-exchanges/

If you'd like to have a civil conversation i'm more than happy to, if you just want to ramble without actually reading what I write go for it, but I'm not going to waste my time responding.
zanetackett

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 04:21:10 PM

No, I have no problem answering his questions. I just don't frequent this forum, I spend most of my time on /r/bitcoinmarkets, if you message or mention me there I'll get back much faster. I've responded to him btw if you'd like to read it. Let me know if you have any questions.

I thought BFX accepts US clients already.  Did they not accept US clients before?

Yes, we did, and we still do Smiley
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:38:40 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2016, 06:04:46 PM by mayax

hey, what about this:

BFXNA = a BVI company

How can  you have a bank charter in USA when your company is registered in BVI? If you own a trust/bank charter in USA you are require by the banking laws to provide this information on your website(in a visible place). I don't wanna go in details and to mention that you don't have any physical address on your website. A bank charter without office Huh Huh

I never said we had a bank charter, you just jumped to that conclusion without reading the next sentence. I said that there is more than one way to approach regulation as opposed to you stating that the only way to be compliant is going state by state getting MSBs and then gave you an example.

As for asking for proof about being compliant, go read the settlement and order from the CFTC, then go read our ToS, and you can decide for yourself if you think we've done enough to be compliant. For a good idea of the context of the settlement and a bigger view I would suggest reading this: http://www.coindesk.com/cftc-bitfinex-enforcement-bitcoin-exchanges/

If you'd like to have a civil conversation i'm more than happy to, if you just want to ramble without actually reading what I write go for it, but I'm not going to waste my time responding.

You said : " As such we have addressed this issue a manner so that we remain compliant without going state by state getting MSB's."[/i]  

What's your solution to be compliant (approach regulation) with the US laws while you don't  have a bank charter and you are not a  MSB?

CFTC has no attribution related to  MSB. You may be compliant now with CFTC but you are not with FINCEN and with the Bank Secrecy Act who is requiring you to have a financial license in each state you operate(you have clients).
You are in the business of selling, buying, and exchanging bitcoin and you  definitely need an MSB license.

My questions were simple but you avoid to answer. It is a civil conversation. I am smiling and I am asking you friendly : Smiley

BFXNA = a BVI company

Last frindly question Smiley : do you have any financial license in any country that allows you to run your financial business?

Your clients must know what company they are using, if that company is in good standing and compliant with everything. It's not something rude from my part to ask NORMAL questions.

Thank you ! Smiley
zanetackett

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 08:19:38 AM

You're not reading my replies. First, you based all your points on the basis that you have to have an MSB, I showed you one way that's not true. Now you're assuming that the only two ways are obtaining MSBs or getting a bank charter. The thing you're missing is that there are multiple (as in more than two) ways of being compliant with fincen, as I said in my first and second comment (apparently you glossed over both) not just MSB or a banking charter. Your entire argument is based on flawed assumptions.
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:44:48 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 11:56:20 AM by mayax

You're not reading my replies. First, you based all your points on the basis that you have to have an MSB, I showed you one way that's not true. Now you're assuming that the only two ways are obtaining MSBs or getting a bank charter. The thing you're missing is that there are multiple (as in more than two) ways of being compliant with fincen, as I said in my first and second comment (apparently you glossed over both) not just MSB or a banking charter. Your entire argument is based on flawed assumptions.

I have read your replies but you are elusive.

You told me that you can have a bank charter without being MSB and I told you this only works in few states and not in all 50. Yes, it works if you are a bank charter in all the states. Are you? Smiley

I asked you how can you can be registered in BVI without having a license in BVI(as the local law requires) and so on. Smiley

You are welcome to explain in few words how you can work in USA, BVI or EU without being MSB or financial licensed. I am sure your clients and your potential clients want to know "who you are".

Compliant with Fincen it doesn't mean just being registered with them. Any company worldwide can register with Fincen but that doesn't mean that you are a MSB. That's why I am curious(I am sure that many others) about that.

Coinbase, Circle and others who already have licenses in almost all the USA(Circle in EU too) may be curious too. Are they and their lawyers so dumb to pay A LOT of money for being compliant in each state from USA? Smiley

Maybe they are and that's why please (in a friendly manner) explain.

Thank you.
Bonez0r

Activity: 141
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:13:43 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 04:26:21 AM by Bonez0r

Is it just me or is auto renew (in the margin funding tab) not working since today?

edit: seems to be working again.
Xantrax

Activity: 827
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:49:09 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 09:04:18 AM by Xantrax

Why so long BTC withdrawal processing? Already waiting more than 3 hours... Please support help process withdrawal quickly: Withdrawal 1085090

Already processed.

Thanks
Anastasios

Activity: 68
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:14:17 AM

Just a general question, I read some where some time that corporate users account for the majority of the volume on bitfinex, is this true?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994411.0 My simple price and metrics analysis
birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:09:07 PM

Just a general question, I read some where some time that corporate users account for the majority of the volume on bitfinex, is this true?
Anybody can register an LLC and a bank account under the corporate name. And you should, if you're gonna send big wires.
Opening a corporate account at finex isn't hard.  I did it.
A "corporation" can be a one-man operation, it doesn't have to be a big company.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 12:53:09 PM

Anybody can register an LLC and a bank account under the corporate name. And you should, if you're gonna send big wires.
Opening a corporate account at finex isn't hard.  I did it.
A "corporation" can be a one-man operation, it doesn't have to be a big company.

As I understand it, if registered as a business, you will have to fill out a lot of papers, even if you don't (officially) book any profits. So what's the catch and is it really worth it?

Does Bitfinex limit the amount of money transferable for an individual (not business)?

birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:45:20 PM

Opening a corporate account at finex isn't hard.  I did it.

As I understand it, if registered as a business, you will have to fill out a lot of papers, even if you don't (officially) book any profits. So what's the catch and is it really worth it?

Does Bitfinex limit the amount of money transferable for an individual (not business)?
You're talking through your hat, boyo.
There's no reason for you to do any research on the issue because you aren't a big player.
Try buying $800,000 worth of XBT over the course of a year, as a private person, and let us know how that works for you.
Bitfinex doesn't care how much money you send them, but your bank cares because it is regulated up the wazoo (at least in the U.S.).
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 02:52:52 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 03:44:36 PM by deisik

You're talking through your hat, boyo.

I asked a question (actually two). Just in case that simple fact failed to get through

Try buying $800,000 worth of XBT over the course of a year, as a private person, and let us know how that works for you. Bitfinex doesn't care how much money you send them, but your bank cares because it is regulated up the wazoo (at least in the U.S.)

I don't know about you, but in no circumstances I would buy $800,000 worth of bitcoins (even if I had $800,000, to begin with). Should I conclude that you habitually (or at least annually) buy and sell such amounts of bitcoins (dollars)?

Anastasios

Activity: 68
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:49:40 PM

Opening a corporate account at finex isn't hard.  I did it.
I understand that both account types can be made by the same type of user for the same purpose but I remember reading somewhere that the majority of the volume is done by corporate accounts, and I just wanted to check my sources Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994411.0 My simple price and metrics analysis
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: