Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:10:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723577 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:38:23 PM

you may want to check whether there is something seriously wrong.  lots of asks coming through around 680 from bfx, and no other asks near the top of the book.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2389
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:59:34 PM

If this ever happens, please pre-announce it - because then I want to get out of there as fast as possible.

why?
how many % of Stamp's volume es actualy coming from Finex?
I guess a lot

Ichthyo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:20:08 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 04:32:29 PM by Ichthyo

how many bitcoin exchanges do we have? More so, if you count exchanges started by a small team with limited financial reserve.

but how many trading platforms to we have, which offer derivatives, an aggregated order book and link to other market(s)?

IMHO it doesn't make sense to give up the distinguishing features, unless they are relly threatening the substance. And, to be honest, the liquidity issue on Bitstamp is annoying and might put off some potential customers, but it doesn't endanger the platform or the business, right?
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:44:09 PM

If this ever happens, please pre-announce it - because then I want to get out of there as fast as possible.
why?
how many % of Stamp's volume es actualy coming from Finex?
I guess a lot

Why do you need to guess? Bitfinex offers an overview over their trades + volume via their API... I don't really care how much they trade externally since it was suggested that they only trade internal.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
urwhatuknow

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:09:05 PM

Kraken seems to be one of the most promising partner opportunities. This won't help with the Bitstamp situation directly, but might reduce risk.

Kraken daily volume is tiny. We can only trade on markets that are of the same order of magnitude.
In the last 24 hrs they traded 240 coins, we did 15,000.
It's like trying to squeeze an elephant in a Coca Cola bottle.

Thanks anyway

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:51:21 PM

Well, then trade 10k EUR there and not half a million... Roll Eyes

If you trade some small volume there, they might grow. If you wait until they are your size, it might be the case that you shrink to thier size while waiting... Wink

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:56:23 PM

Kraken volume is low because they are focused on compliance issues in 50 states of the U.S.
No one can get fiat in unless they are in one of the states where they are licensed as a money transmitter.
I personally think their management is stupid for jumping through imaginary hoops with no basis in law,
not that my opinion matters.  Anyhow, once their fiat leak grows, their volume will grow.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
wilfried

Activity: 288

ManualMiner

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:15:46 PM

Dear Customers

as stated several times, our servers experience a growing traffic.
Several days ago we took the decision to migrate to a new network approach called clustering.
The whole setup took a while and during this time our traffic kept increasing exponentially.
Waiting for the market to stabilize before moving to the new system wouldn't make much sense as we don't know if the market will stabilize and when ( it might go like a yoyo for weeks ) and, as our traffic keeps increasing we need to take action.
Yesterday we had about 2 hours of maintenance during which we couldn't complete the migration.
Due to market instability we decided to resume trading, in order to avoid mayor losses.
Today we tried again and the downtime was longer, about 3 hours something if I'm correct (it seemed like a century to us ).
As the new system was experiencing some slowness, we decided to resume the old one and fine tune it a little more.
So here we are, tired and frustrated, but not tamed.
We now go to sleep (it's 1 a.m. EU time) and we will resume operations tomorrow.
Tomorrow we will probably experience some down time again (it is not certain but there is a possibility until the system has completely migrated).
My personal suggestion to all traders and to everyone that has a grain of salt in his head and is not completely blinded by greediness yet, is the following:

- As volatility is high and we might have some downtime do NOT take leveraged positions until the move has been completed.
The dangers in this moment outpace by far the rewards
Spend time with your family, go for a walk, do some sport or become an expert in long distance pumpkin seed spitting.

Not necessarily in this order.

We will probably have some downtime.

I hope this helps

We love you too, but sometimes you make it really hard
Wink

Have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

youre beeing funny, no announcements on the website, good i came by this thread ...
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:21:12 PM

No one can get fiat in unless they are in one of the states where they are licensed as a money transmitter.
...or lives in the SEPA Zone. Roll Eyes A deposit is credited within hours, max. 1 day usually. Maybe you can fax checks in the US? Cheesy

jordan.dev

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 08:39:27 PM

...or lives in the SEPA Zone. Roll Eyes A deposit is credited within hours, max. 1 day usually. Maybe you can fax checks in the US? Cheesy

I personally have SWIFT wires credited in and out within 24 hours so long as I recognize US business vs. HK business hours. SO I instruct my bank to wire the money before the start of business US time, and than it is waiting when Asia opens (in the evening US) and I am typically credited that same evening / early the following morning.

So far I have had no issues with this. So cheers to BFX for doing such a good job with this! I'm sure it's no easy feat.

( The reverse is also true - withdrawing, but the hours are reversed obviously, because SWIFT is mostly manual for banks )

BLOG | PGP | Bitcoin Trading Professionals | Bitfinex Affiliate Code: kwr9f922HS - 10% of trading fees for 30 days | Live Bitfinex Charts
wilfried

ManualMiner

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:06:46 PM

not exactly, wire from one bank to another in sepa zone can take up to three days too, if it the transfer is inside one country, country to country transfers can take longer.
sepa transfers should be made on the next day, unless

-you wire close to, or at closing hours of the bank, then the bank is allowed to initiate the transfer only the next day, resulting in a 2 day transfer
-you wire friday night (or before a bank holiday), wire goes through monday or tuesday
-you wire with a bank that adds one or more "extra-day", thats not legal anymore, but a lot of banks do it.

btw sepa is nothing really new, everything works as before here in europe, sepa is just a harmonization done by the eu:

-every bank account in europe now has a "bic" and "iban" number, before that it was just any account number and any number to identifiy the bank and for that one had to give the bank name and the recipients full name and adress to allow proper identification of accounts; now its a fixed scheme: the iban number is the bank account number, it starts with a country identifier, i.e. DE..... for a german bank account, the bic number is the bank identifier and onlay needed if one transfers eu-nation to another eu-nation.
-costs of trans-europe transfer have a max now (which is MUCH lower, than what banks used to take). BUT there are SEPA countries, that are no EU-members and so they are not bound to the max cost-regulation, haha, Switzerland for example...
-there is a max duration for transfers now, but please show me one bank that was punished for not complying..
-some other things not directly related to wire transfers have been regulated, see http://www.europeanpaymentscouncil.eu/content.cfm?page=sepa_vision_and_goals (site run by some eu agency).
wilfried

ManualMiner

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:11:48 PM

didnt know of this thread until now, so i posted my questions here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309082.0

is anyone here who has some answers? thx
Tamis

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:23:21 PM

I just plainly can't believe what i'm reading here !

I've lost at least 20% of my bitcoins due to bitfinex bugs (some lost 85% on bugs (not bad trades but really bitfinex bugs !!)) ... and yet they go on as if everything was normal Smiley

Let me rape you (bitfinex) of 20% of your money you idiots... we'll see how you react !

You are a dying platform as the market matures and realize what you really represent ! You will very soon be out of the game for the best of everyone !
urwhatuknow

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:07:35 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 10:22:37 PM by urwhatuknow

I've lost at least 20% of my bitcoins due to bitfinex bugs (some lost 85% on bugs (not bad trades but really bitfinex bugs !!)) ... and yet they go on as if everything was normal Smiley

Let me rape you (bitfinex) of 20% of your money you idiots... we'll see how you react !

You are a dying platform as the market matures and realize what you really represent ! You will very soon be out of the game for the best of everyone !

The arrow is shot, the target is missed.
Who is to blame?
The archer?
Of course not, it's the bow's fault!

Yawn

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
)
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:16:11 PM

Yawn

Customer support or customer insulting?! Seriously what the hell do you think this accomplishes? Showing off how hard you work in the background? How excellent your platform is? If you have nothing nice or useful to say, say nothing! Even MPOE-PR knows when to not respond to trolls...

urwhatuknow

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:24:41 PM

Yawn

Customer support or customer insulting?! Seriously what the hell do you think this accomplishes? Showing off how hard you work in the background? How excellent your platform is? If you have nothing nice or useful to say, say nothing! Even MPOE-PR knows when to not respond to trolls...

He says we are idiots.
I yawn.
Customer insulting?
What the hell are you talking about, man?

Giancarlo

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
)
urwhatuknow

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:41:47 PM

Well, then trade 10k EUR there and not half a million... Roll Eyes

If you trade some small volume there, they might grow. If you wait until they are your size, it might be the case that you shrink to thier size while waiting... Wink

10k usd is now 12 BTC.
You really mean it?
Seriously?
Then either me or you just don't get things.
I let other readers judge.....

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
)
romantic1

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:14:14 AM

I sent 6 btc 3 hours ago, but still don't see it on bitfinex. I checked everything. My user name in bitfinex is romantic1. What's the problem ?
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:29:34 AM

Any support on?

My btc deposit isn't being shown as pending or credited after 8+ confirmation.

Progressive

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:47:05 AM

What does the new "Claim" button do? (in margin trading screen)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: