Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:42:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723640 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 11:48:46 PM

oh thats so weak and sad Sad

Set a limit price at where the profit pays off your loan. When you wake up you can claim the rest as BTC
Ichthyo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:40:02 AM

oh thats so weak and sad Sad

there is a difference between a trading platform and algorithmic trading. The latter is way more elaborate, challenging and dangerous.

Bitfinex has an API, so you can implement your own trading automaton.

But besides that, it is an interesting question to what extent it makes sense to build some arbitrary automatic trading features right into a trading platform. At first sight, this question might look like "yes I want it, why don't you give it to me!"

But for a proper answer, you should try to understand what makes algorithmic trading so challenging: Just adding some arbitrary price bound mechanism won't do the trick, since for every winning pattern, there are a dozen other patters where the same mechanism will cause you losses. Thus, in the end, most simple automatic features won't pay off: they don't relieve you from the necessity of constantly watching your position on a short timeframe.

Consider for example a limit order, which is the simplest possible automatic trading feature: Your limit order can be placed just a tiny amount too high, so the market doesn't touch it, then changes direction, turns down to create you a huge loss. Or you set a limit order lower, get it filled, and then the market breaks through the next resistance, shots up through the roof, leaving you with a ridiculously small gain and watching the backlights.

Now you could come up with lots of elaborate schemes of combining orders, but you'll just add complexity without changing the basic situation: most times you loose, unless you manage to adjust your orders to the real market situation constantly.
cw92

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:17:15 AM

Haven't traded litecoin here until tonight, has anyone else had issues with low volume and order book manipulation? 
meh32123

Activity: 111

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:31:13 PM

Might be worthwile to make the website function properly on an iPad, for example the cancel button for the orders are below the account overview, and therefore cannot cancel my orders from an iPad.

Greets
sangaman

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 05:27:47 PM

Haven't traded litecoin here until tonight, has anyone else had issues with low volume and order book manipulation? 

What do you mean by order book manipulation? If by that you mean big market buys and sells, then yes those happen but that's hardly manipulation or a problem. I trade litecoin there every now and then, largely to arbitrage with other exchanges. The volume isn't huge but it's better than it used to be and I've never had any problems trading there.
accord01

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:28:17 AM

What's going on with bitfinex?  I was in the middle of an order and it has gone offline or something.
8fold

Activity: 391

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:41:48 AM

Up again. I suggest you close your positions, as BFX now is unreliable (DDOS, not DDOS, hardware errors, no idea), the idea is that it may go down any second now. It was UP DOWN multiple times in the last 2 hours.

I got burned as well for not being able to close a position.

Proceed at your own risk. I'll stay away... There are few things more aggravating than losing due to external factors, outside your control.

Bitrated user: 8fold.
accord01

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:58:53 AM

Up again. I suggest you close your positions, as BFX now is unreliable (DDOS, not DDOS, hardware errors, no idea), the idea is that it may go down any second now. It was UP DOWN multiple times in the last 2 hours.

Proceed at your own risk. I'll stay away... There are few things more aggravating than losing due to external factors, outside your control.

sigh, is there another site that offers margin trading?  besides btc.sx, where you ahve no idea what price they are going off of and how the spread works.
wilfried

Activity: 288

ManualMiner

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:33:05 AM

sigh, is there another site that offers margin trading?  besides btc.sx, where you ahve no idea what price they are going off of and how the spread works.

btc-e.com with metatrader

on
https://btc-e.com/news/183
it states
"after you open a trade, you will see the round turn commission charged "
that means the commission is due when a order is placed???
8fold

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 09:03:58 AM

The unreliability is really annoying.

When I try to set a limit order and the site does not respond then I of course reload the page.

After reloading the price has been set to lowest ask/bid.
I then have to reenter my limit price. Is this new? I hate that I have to enter the price each time.

See a few posts up.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:10:06 AM

Stop loss orders for your lower limit and Limit orders for whan to take the profit... you can set them from right at the beginning when starting your position...

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
CambioBTC

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 11:47:58 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 12:05:25 PM by CambioBTC

Anyone home at Bitfinex.com ?

No one from BFX has posted here in 3-Days now, 11-29-2013, I sent a Bank Wire on 11-28-2013,
that is the same night that the Bitfinex.com website CRASHED, when I returned home from the Bank
the Bitfinex.com website had crashed already disabling my ability to enter the amount ($6002 USD)
on the Bitfinex.com "Notification Screen", therefore I sent the amount via normal email to all of your
EMails listed on the Bitfinex.com support page:

https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/support

Contact us

Don't hesitate to get in touch:

For Support / support@bitfinex.com
For Suggestions / feedback@bitfinex.com
For Compliance / compliance@bitfinex.com
For Business / info@bitfinex.com

Do you guys take the weekend off ?, three days have passed and I have had "No Response" from anyone
at Bitfinex.com.  I understand that Bank Wires only count "Business Days" not including weekends, but I
assumed that at the very least that someone from Bitfinex.com would have acknowledged that you received
my EMail regarding having sent the Bank Wire during your "WebSite CRASH and not being able to enter the amount".

Strange enough within the same time-frame another BitCoin Exchange that I was considering instead of Bitfinex.com
has contacted me FIVE times in simply helping me reset a password, and I have not even sent them any cash, I sent
the cash to Bitfinex.com, but have not heard a word from Bitfinex.com, ZERO.

Appears it's time for an "UP-TICK" in Bitfinex.com's "Customer Service" wouldn't you agree ?, especially when it comes
to USD / Bank Wires. Have a heart and keep us "SMALL GUYS" in mind here.

Goes without saying that, having sent a Bank Wire during your WebSite Crash and then receiving NO RESPONSE is a
"UN-COMFORTABLE FEELING"

"Any Response is Better Than No Response"
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:35:31 PM

Dude, it's Sunday and you sent your bank wire on Thursday (Thanksgiving + national holiday in the USA, if you're from there your bank won't send it).

It is quite likely that your bank didn't even send them any money yet... Anyways, faster support times would be nice, you however decided to spam them AND not just simply wait a little bit and try again to fill the web form with the correct amount and now are acting up because they didn't answer on the weekend. Why?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
accord01

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:46:05 PM

how come bitfinex hasn't run out of funds on bistamp for several days?  they couldn't have possibly deposited THAT much money on bistamp....
CambioBTC

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:19:05 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 12:26:59 PM by CambioBTC

Dude, it's Sunday and you sent your bank wire on Thursday (Thanksgiving + national holiday in the USA, if you're from there your bank won't send it).

It is quite likely that your bank didn't even send them any money yet... Anyways, faster support times would be nice, you however decided to spam them AND not just simply wait a little bit and try again to fill the web form with the correct amount and now are acting up because they didn't answer on the weekend. Why?

Actually "Raphael Nicolle" responded to my personal EMail,
after sending a EMail via the Forum contact forum.

Listen, I'm not sure about what world you are living in, but
in my world, "Money does not take a REST", wish we all had
the luxury of taking the weekend off and not answering customer's
questions, and I repeat:

"I assumed that at the very least that someone from Bitfinex.com would have acknowledged that you received
my EMail regarding having sent the Bank Wire during your "WebSite CRASH and not being able to enter the amount"

and

"Strange enough within the same time-frame another BitCoin Exchange that I was considering instead of Bitfinex.com
has contacted me FIVE times in simply helping me reset a password, and I have not even sent them any cash, I sent
the cash to Bitfinex.com, but have not heard a word from Bitfinex.com, ZERO."

Make that SEVEN times now that the other exchange has contacted me now, also had to reset my 2FA with the other
exchange, there is a lot to be said about support, regarding countries, it's said that "Countries can be judged by the
way they treat their Have-Nots", I'll expand on that and say that "Companies can be judged by the LEVEL OF SUPPORT
that they PROVIDE their customers"

After sending them $6000 USD during their Website CRASH,
you are DAMM Right I contacted them to be assured,
WHAT FREAKING WORLD ARE YOU LIVING IN ?

If you have any arguments to that I would love to hear them,
in addition to selling you some SWAMPLAND IN FLORIDA.

Also who died and made you "Chief Commentator" ?, for Christ's Sake !, incredible.

I was born at night, but not last night !

Not only that, but if I had SPAMMED them as you put it,
then it would have been posted in over 5000 article directories,
Internet Marketing is my expertise, trust me when I say that  I did not SPAM them !

"Dude, it's Sunday and you sent your bank wire on Thursday (Thanksgiving + national holiday in the USA, if you're from there your bank won't send it)."

CURRENTLY I'M NOT IN THE U.S.A., SO THANKSGIVING DAY IS NOT RELEVANT, I'M IN CANCUN, MEXICO, ANY OTHER QUESTIONS ?
8fold

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:07:13 AM

Stop loss orders for your lower limit and Limit orders for whan to take the profit... you can set them from right at the beginning when starting your position...
I don't want to sound disrespecting, but you are confusing me with a beginner. Thank you for your intention though.

urwhatuknow

Activity: 446

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 12:22:21 PM

how come bitfinex hasn't run out of funds on bistamp for several days?  they couldn't have possibly deposited THAT much money on bistamp....

That's really hilarious.... I would never have expected somebody complaining about us not running out of funds on Bitstamp!
Is there something we can do in order to please you all?

Cheesy

Have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
CambioBTC

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 12:30:43 PM

That's really hilarious.... I would never have expected somebody complaining about us not running out of funds on Bitstamp!
Is there something we can do in order to please you all?

Cheesy

Have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

+1, Kudos, LOL !
CambioBTC

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 01:18:15 PM

UpDate: Deposited Funds Credited

NEVER had any doubt in BitFinex for a moment,
I did my "Due Diligence / HomeWork" way in advance,
and they have PROVEN me CORRECT !

My only concern was having made the deposit during the CRASH
and not being able to enter the deposited amount on the notification screen !
But "Raphael Nicolle" explained that the "Notification Screen" is a secondary security process
and that the Transaction Number never changes, what's important is to make sure it's noted on your WIRE !

Moving FORWARD !
whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301

simply getting the job done

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 01:49:14 PM

The site is pretty unstable since last week.

I know bitfinex is already protected by Cloudflare. However, sometimes Cloudflare cannot reach your origin server (maybe it is down, timeout, whatever reason).

It is definitely not good for trading.....

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: