Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:50:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723594 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
accord01

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:20:57 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 08:36:43 AM by accord01

It doesn't say anything about opening orders, depositing anything besides "EgoPay"... whatever is NOT on there does not have a fee.

Thanks for the false information and no one correcting it.  I had unused funds and just got charged $21 out of no where when i logged in.  I don't know what it is, but it must be that.  I dont have any open positions.

giancarlo or raphael, may i get a refund for being charged a fee for unused borrowed funds?  It automatically gets added plus its never stated in the fee schedule, AND i'm told in this thread that i am not charged for it and no one corrected that false statement.

thanks.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:39:29 AM

It doesn't say anything about opening orders, depositing anything besides "EgoPay"... whatever is NOT on there does not have a fee.

Thanks for the false information and no one correcting it.  I had unused funds and just got charged $21 out of no where when i logged in.  I don't know what it is, but it must be that.  I dont have any open positions.

giancarlo or raphael, may i get a refund for being charged a fee for unused borrowed funds?  It automatically gets added plus its never stated in the fee schedule, AND i'm told in this thread that i am not charged for it and no one corrected that false statement.

thanks.
You did not get charged any fee on that, you got charged INTEREST - this is paid to the person you borrowed from, not Bitfinex.

Edit:
If you borrow something, you have to pay interest no matter if you trade with it or not, as it is you now to decide what happens with that money. Otherwise lenders would just borrow all money in the market to drive up interest rates.

How would you feel if someone borrows from you, but then does not pay anything because he actually didn't need the money after all?!

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:50:31 AM

If I had to guess at it, that's the reason why everyone is
routing their orders to BitStamp, just to be able to use
the good BitStamp charts that are available to trade on.
...which are? Tradingview only displays MtGox afaik.

I am actually also working on charting sites and so far there are no real Open Source ones that I found and the closed source ones don't really care to invest the work implementing yet another API to get a handful of Bitcoiners who want to trade 200 USD...

What trading/charting software would you like to use and is there an API available to stream data to this software that one can use freely? (e.g. Bloomberg, OpenMAMDA...)

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:54:48 AM

Well, it seems obvious that all borrowed funds cost interest. The lender is out of that money and can't lend it to someone else who would be paying in that time. Also, your local bank takes interest, and probably doesn't even know what you do with that cash to begin with?

Two feature requests:

- in the classic frontend we could sort tables for values. For example, sort the "borrowed funds" for "expiration date" or "interest". This isn't possible in the new interface yet..

- I can do a stop like "sell when the rate drops by xy". I would like to do a "buy when the rate drops by xy" too. And enter both  "37 USD" and "3.5%" maybe? At the moment I can only do fixed offers like "buy when the rate is 987 USD".

Besides that, I finally used the new GUI for some time now. I got used to it, after the first "hey, everything's looking different" "shock".

And I absolutely love the new "claim" feature! Thank you so much! :-)

Ente
CambioBTC

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:13:26 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 11:29:53 AM by CambioBTC

I am actually also working on charting sites and so far there are no real Open Source ones that I found and the closed source ones don't really care to invest the work implementing yet another API to get a handful of Bitcoiners who want to trade 200 USD...

What trading/charting software would you like to use and is there an API available to stream data to this software that one can use freely? (e.g. Bloomberg, OpenMAMDA...)

Actually if you type BTC into the "Symbol Box" at TradingView
AFTER bringing up the MtGox chart, it will return a list of all the
BTC pairs / Exchanges including :

BTChina
MtGox
BitStamp
BTC-e

Which can then be saved into the box directly below it creating a menu, or deleted later by the "X" that appears on the right side of line item.

"What trading/charting software would you like to use and is there an API available to stream data to this software that one can use freely? (e.g. Bloomberg, OpenMAMDA...)"

Not sure on that one, but I rather like the way the TradingView charts update in realtime changing colors from red to green on their Bar-Line (OHLC) charts and the host of other features they offer like comparisons and they also even have a "Troll-Box "

accord01

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:58:15 PM

What is this?  Some kind of a glitch?  It just stole like $14 from me.

accord01

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:05:40 PM

also i have .1 btc's missing...

Another problem: I had $20 deducted for settlement fees, when i didnt have ANY positions open.  Just out of no where it says settlement fee @ 1065 or something, lol.

how am I supposed to use this site right now when money is missing from my account?  for all i know, all my balance could dissappear out of no where if this is happening.

8fold

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:23:46 PM

@accord1
I've been using their service for a long time, and often, and never have they "stolen" anything. Settlement fees is when you have the account set up so the fees are taken from the USD account, but you have no more USD so the fees are deducted from BTC. Please check agaain, and not only USD tab in history, check BTC tab as well. I'm close to the point of vouching for the integrity of their financial engine.

Bitrated user: 8fold.
accord01

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:35:23 PM

look at my screenshot... it has to be a glitch.... I have $14 in my trading account, but when i try to transfer it to my exchange account, it says i have 0.
8fold

Activity: 391

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:42:28 PM

look at my screenshot... it has to be a glitch.... I have $14 in my trading account, but when i try to transfer it to my exchange account, it says i have 0.
Try clearing browser's cache... then relogin to your account... Or try logging in to the old interface at https://classic.bitfinex.com See if there the funds show up.

Bitrated user: 8fold.
accord01

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:48:16 PM

No, it still didn't show up.  I had 15.8 usd in my trading balance, i tried transfering that entire amt to exchange acct, and it only transfered 1.8 over, and the rest just disappeared.  but the 14 still shows up in the trading balance but in manage wallet it is 0 and i can't transfer anything to exchange acct.

also, as you can see, i should have 3.91  btc's... not 3.90093237 btc's
Drabla

Activity: 104

Pecunia non olet

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:04:33 PM

That is caused by rounding. The top right bar displays just 2 decimal places. The right amount is the one u see in your wallet (confused me too a bit at the beginning)
accord01

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:09:42 PM

That is caused by rounding. The top right bar displays just 2 decimal places. The right amount is the one u see in your wallet (confused me too a bit at the beginning)

uh no.  3.90093237 would round down to 3.90
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:17:54 PM

No, it still didn't show up.  I had 15.8 usd in my trading balance, i tried transfering that entire amt to exchange acct, and it only transfered 1.8 over, and the rest just disappeared.  but the 14 still shows up in the trading balance but in manage wallet it is 0 and i can't transfer anything to exchange acct.

Do you have any open orders?
accord01

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:48:56 PM

No, no open orders, no positions, no loans, nothing...
CambioBTC

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:19:10 PM

You could also use MetaTrader4 or MetaTrader5
if Bitfinex's API is compatible, it has really nice charts:

http://www.metatrader4.com/

http://www.metatrader5.com/

Other Exchanges use it and everybody loves it !
urwhatuknow

Activity: 446

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:37:45 PM

also, as you can see, i should have 3.91  btc's... not 3.90093237 btc's

Accord01

just relax.
believe me, we are not here to steal any of your money, especially 14 usd.
Wink
Raphael is now on a plane for the next 2 hours and we will be able to check your position within today.
No need to make so much noise for nothing.
If it's our mistake ( I doubt it ) money will be given back to you.
Otherwise we will explain what happened.

Talk to you later, meanwhile have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:55:00 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 04:20:54 PM by Sukrim

What is this?  Some kind of a glitch?  It just stole like $14 from me.
No, the 2 balances displayed are once for your trading wallet (~14) and once for the exchange (~1.8) wallet.
Also, if you actually care to read what is written on that screenshot(!) that you posted:
This is your available balance. If you have limit orders, open positions, pending loans or lent funds, this will decrease your available balance.
This means you have ~14 USD in your trading wallet, all of which are currently in use (covering for positions for example, maybe you still have money borrowed from someone?).

I am unsure if they do now just round up since people depositing less than 0.01 BTC were complaining their funds were gone... The exact balance however is the one that is correct. Once you have 0 open loans or positions, you will see all your funds down to the satoshi in there.

You could also use MetaTrader4 or MetaTrader5
if Bitfinex's API is compatible, it has really nice charts:

http://www.metatrader4.com/

http://www.metatrader5.com/

Other Exchanges use it and everybody loves it !
Metatrader is NOT an open API (they sue people writing servers for it and their business model is more or less forcing people to use their server software and pying for their consultants to connect it to your exchange). See http://www.metaquotes.net/en/metatrader4

accord01

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:09:54 PM

No, it still didn't show up.  I had 15.8 usd in my trading balance, i tried transfering that entire amt to exchange acct, and it only transfered 1.8 over, and the rest just disappeared.  but the 14 still shows up in the trading balance but in manage wallet it is 0 and i can't transfer anything to exchange acct.

Accord01

just relax.
believe me, we are not here to steal any of your money, especially 14 usd.
Wink
Raphael is now on a plane for the next 2 hours and we will be able to check your position within today.
No need to make so much noise for nothing.
If it's our mistake ( I doubt it ) money will be given back to you.
Otherwise we will explain what happened.

Talk to you later, meanwhile have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

I know you guys aren't here to steal 14 dollars.  it's not about the 14 dollars.  i need to make a few trades right now but i am scared to do it because i'm afraid something will go wrong and records lost.

also, i have no open orders, no pending orders, nothing...
sangaman

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 04:25:41 PM

also, do you get charge interest for funds under the unused borrowed funds tab?

Accord asks if interest is charged for unused borrowed funds, Sukrim tells him no.

Thanks for the false information and no one correcting it.  I had unused funds and just got charged $21 out of no where when i logged in.  I don't know what it is, but it must be that.  I dont have any open positions.

giancarlo or raphael, may i get a refund for being charged a fee for unused borrowed funds?  It automatically gets added plus its never stated in the fee schedule, AND i'm told in this thread that i am not charged for it and no one corrected that false statement.

thanks.

You did not get charged any fee on that, you got charged INTEREST - this is paid to the person you borrowed from, not Bitfinex.

Edit:
If you borrow something, you have to pay interest no matter if you trade with it or not, as it is you now to decide what happens with that money. Otherwise lenders would just borrow all money in the market to drive up interest rates.

How would you feel if someone borrows from you, but then does not pay anything because he actually didn't need the money after all?!

Then when accord gets charged interest on unused borrow funds and complains about the incorrect info given to him by Sukrim, Sukrim says yes you do get charged interest. Accord's first question was about interest, not about fees. Rather than type in CAPS to make it look like it wasn't faulty information, Sukrim could have at least apologized.

Of course though it makes sense that people would be charged interest on borrowed funds whether they use them or not, since the funds are borrowed after all. It would make sense for borrowers to close out loans that they're not using or don't have plans to use in the near future. I think it would make sense to refund accord given the circumstances and make the information on the website be more clear about unused borrowed funds, just my two cents.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: