Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:21:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723594 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wilfried

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

ManualMiner

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:58:30 PM

is the bitstamp-bitfinex link so that arbitrage is not possible? i.e. if bitstamp price is lower than you cant buy @ the bistamp price and vice versa; but then, how comes they have the same price-curves, how is the linking explainable practically? thx

it is there to add liquidity, not to prevent arbitrage. Arbitrage is something positive for the market and the trading sites.

ok, but how comes my orders @ bitstamp prices are never filled, if bitfinex prices are higher?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:00:07 PM

is the bitstamp-bitfinex link so that arbitrage is not possible? i.e. if bitstamp price is lower than you cant buy @ the bistamp price and vice versa; but then, how comes they have the same price-curves, how is the linking explainable practically? thx

it is there to add liquidity, not to prevent arbitrage. Arbitrage is something positive for the market and the trading sites.

ok, but how comes my orders @ bitstamp prices are never filled, if bitfinex prices are higher?

Because Bitfinex doesn't have funds 100% of the time on bitstamp. Also you have to calculate the spread that gets added. Trading fees on BFX <<<BSP!

wilfried

ManualMiner

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:00:48 PM

one thing about the darkcoin stuff going on on the site:

bitfinex guys, please tell us one/two days before you switch on that darkcoin trading,
cause the btc price on bitfinex will plummet then, because nobody trusts that darkstuff and that will cause a lot of margin calls and so a lot of liquidity beeing trashed, because as we all know all funds are insured by themselves..

Maybe they will add a feature so you decide what your BTCs can be lend for, is that possible?

no, i mean that people will get out of bitfinex as soon as that darkstuff is beeing switched on, just to wait and see how things develop and so it will cause a massive drop in bitfinex-btc-price (for example the kind of guys that think darkcoin is a scam or stuff and bitfinex is involved or other thoughts).
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:02:40 PM

bitfinex guys, please tell us one/two days before you switch on that darkcoin trading,
cause the btc price on bitfinex will plummet then, because nobody trusts that darkstuff and that will cause a lot of margin calls and so a lot of liquidity beeing trashed, because as we all know all funds are insured by themselves..

Maybe they will add a feature so you decide what your BTCs can be lend for, is that possible?

no, i mean that people will get out of bitfinex as soon as that darkstuff is beeing switched on, just to wait and see how things develop and so it will cause a massive drop in bitfinex-btc-price (for example the kind of guys that think darkcoin is a scam or stuff and bitfinex is involved or other thoughts).

Why would the price decline? People would cashout with BTC rather than USD. So price would climb, if anything happens.

wilfried

ManualMiner

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:04:23 PM

Because Bitfinex doesn't have funds 100% of the time on bitstamp. Also you have to calculate the spread that gets added. Trading fees on BFX <<<BSP!

thats not possible is it? they are routing the order to bitstamp after adding/substracting bitstamp fees, so one bitstamp order generates revenue for bitfinex? i think the fees bitfinex pays to bitstamp are included in the fees that bitfinex takes from the customers.
wilfried

ManualMiner

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:06:05 PM

Why would the price decline? People would cashout with BTC rather than USD. So price would climb, if anything happens.

we will see, but you dont know for sure, so i´d rather stop offering swaps thank risking them
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:16:11 PM

thats not possible is it? they are routing the order to bitstamp after adding/substracting bitstamp fees, so one bitstamp order generates revenue for bitfinex? i think the fees bitfinex pays to bitstamp are included in the fees that bitfinex takes from the customers.

No, look at it this way. You want to buy at 1000$ at bitfinex.

Bitfinex will either execute your order at 1000$ on finex or 1000+X$ on bitstamp. X = the difference between bitstamp fee - bitfinex fee. So for 0.4% - 0.2% = 0.2%   So X would be 1000 *0.002 = 2$

The order would only get filled on bitstamp if the price reaches 1002 there Wink

Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:19:55 PM

You guys realize that Bitifinex is looking at the $, which is what any exchange with half a mind would do.

Darkcoin has A Lot of buys/sell every hour, much less everyday. There are Buys in the 100s of BTC's, more than Litecoin....

Dark would bring Bitifinex a lot of new revenue...

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:21:04 PM

You guys realize that Bitifinex is looking at the $, which is what any exchange with half a mind would do.

Darkcoin has A Lot of buys/sell every hour, much less everyday. There are Buys in the 100s of BTC's.

Yes but I guess a lot of traders frown apon adding such a coin and will consider leaving this site. There aren't only upsides Wink

Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:22:04 PM

Darkcoin has A Lot of buys/sell every hour, much less everyday. There are Buys in the 100s of BTC's.

Yes but I guess a lot of traders frown apon adding such a coin and will consider leaving this site. There aren't only upsides Wink

The amount of traders coming in, with 100s of BTC and USD to trade DRK will far outnumber the # leaving because of ignorant reasons frankly..

Dark is traded more than Litecoin and DRK is the 2nd most traded coin besides BTC itself..

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:25:40 PM

The amount of traders coming in, with 100s of BTC and USD to trade DRK will far outnumber the # leaving because of ignorant reasons frankly..

Sure.

Don't call them ignorant reasons please.

1. DRK is a pseudo-anonyous coin, that hides transactions (ofuscating) and thus makes anonymous transactions possible. If a government/regulation wants to ban those, Bitfinex could get more trouble than would have been neccessar.y

2. DRK has a way-higher volatitlity and lenders don't want to lend to such a risky investment with margin. We know that bitfinex says the money is guaranteed, but we all know that it is only backed by the funds stored on the site, if the total amount available drops below the amount owed to lenders, then they can't pay without running fractional exchange.

traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:27:10 PM

Has this whole DRK thing been confirmed officially by Bitfinex or is all this speculation at this point?
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:28:26 PM

Sure.

1. DRK is a pseudo-anonyous coin, that hides transactions (ofuscating) and thus makes anonymous transactions possible. If a government/regulation wants to ban those, Bitfinex could get more trouble than would have been neccessar.y

2. DRK has a way-higher volatitlity and lenders don't want to lend to such a risky investment with margin. We know that bitfinex says the money is guaranteed, but we all know that it is only backed by the funds stored on the site, if the total amount available drops below the amount owed to lenders, then they can't pay without running fractional exchange.

I see your concerns. Many people also had the same concerns for BTC, it would be wise to not underestimate/be wary of coins because of new things they bring to the table.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:31:33 PM

I see your concerns. Many people also had the same concerns for BTC, it would be wise to not underestimate/be wary of coins because of new things they bring to the table.

What exactly are you talking about? I have not commented on the quality of the coin... I was talking about regulatory issues and market statistics..

Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:33:46 PM

What exactly are you talking about? I have not commented on the quality of the coin... I was talking about regulatory issues and market statistics..

I'm also talking about regulatory issues. I meant people thought BTC was an "anonymous" coin because you couldn't see who owned an address. DRK  takes the next steps with anonymity, I doubt it will get regulated, at least not anytime soon(for a few years) imo

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
jabetizo

Activity: 125
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:35:14 PM

Raphael said here that Bitfinex is no longer brokering Bitstamp orders

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:36:47 PM

I'm also talking about regulatory issues. I meant people thought BTC was an "anonymous" coin because you couldn't see who owned an address. DRK  takes the next steps with anonymity, I doubt it will get regulated, at least not anytime soon(for a few years) imo

Ok, now I get your angle.

The thing is, BTC doesn't go around screaming: "Hey use our coin to make anonymous payments".

But as you say, we will see, only future will tell.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:37:15 PM

Oh, sorry I missed that.

wilfried

ManualMiner

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:42:49 PM

Oh, sorry I missed that.

yeah, but very interesting posting indeed; correct me if i´m wrong: some days ago i read a post from raphael or giancarlo stating that they just met with the bitstamp guys and everything is fine with them and so on - and now the link is cut??? thats a major change - was there an annoucement or any news? or am i misunderstanding something?

edit: here´s the link to the post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=229438.msg6913625#msg6913625
Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:52:07 PM

Sure.

Plus DRK may just be all hype with little sustainability.

Adding DRK now would only fuel the bubble which is not healthy.

If they are serious about DRK, they should just wait a couple of months. See if people are still interested in it and then perhaps add it. Now is not the best time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: