Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:53:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be too big to fail?  (Read 5445 times)
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:48:08 PM

After spending much time as a guest on this forum learning all I can about Bitcoin, I finally decided to join. Glad to be here and thanks for all the great advice along the way!

Now I have a question I'd like to ask. Is Bitcoin going to get to the point where it is too big to fail? The government bailed out Wall Street to avoid a financial collapse. Can Bitcoin gain the same status as Wall Street? The market cap is steadily increasing making it a big player in the game and I'm looking forward to where it is headed.

Thanks in advance!
Anything could fail even that wall street but wont really be an easy thing to happen but on bitcoin it is possible but yet would depend if people would decide to dump all of their bitcoins and do look on other things which would people see that they can make money and more useful than on bitcoin but seeing on its current state its hard to believe that it would fall since it do have strong support from the community.

xBitHodler

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:02:52 PM

It's difficult to say whether Bitcoin is going to fail someday and replaced by some other cryptocurrency. I think that Bitcoin became too "popular" to be replaced. Even if the governments start to introduce their own cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin will stay with us as a universal currency which could be accepted by every merchant. That would be something interesting to see.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:18:47 PM

Now his value is big but he raise constantly without any big fall until now,i don't see reason for his fall if his values some day be 50 to 100k.
The day when bitcoin is going to reach those prices is very far away, so do not hold your breath but do hold your bitcoin since the only way to earn that amount of money in the future is by holding, in my country 100k is a small fortune one that can change your life and that is why I keep holding my bitcoin.
SupportBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 04:37:07 AM

Yes, the probability of failing with bitcoin is, but it is negligible. Bitcoin is becoming more stable, he has taken reliable roots in the economy, and he can not so easily take and disappear. And the growth of its price provides an excellent opportunity to earn.

Heard Amazon is buying some crypto names but still no plans to accept bitcoin. Do you think they will in the future? That would be a huge boost for Bitcoin and other popular cryptos.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/amazon-sparks-speculation-by-buying-three-cryptocurrency-themed-domain-names

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
thesosorr

Activity: 691
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:54:39 AM

Looks like not, if bitcoin gets big fail. Value that's happening now is the fact bitcoin is a hope and a new type investment for people in the world. Bitcoin will be even bigger than now.
AntonioE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:03:18 AM

The only things possible to happen is that the price can go back to $1 or go up to $1M or higher.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:21:24 AM

The only things possible to happen is that the price can go back to $1 or go up to $1M or higher.
  yes that two option has a possibility although theres a lot of prediction now adays about the fork. Lol but lets just pray that when that time happens i hope bitcoin value will never fall deep and stay above of 5k.  Haha
xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:10:03 PM

In its current situation where it falls down just after a banker says a few words about it I don't see it happening to be too big to fail.

South Park

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:15:08 PM

Nothing is too big to fail, if it's time to fail then all will fail. Nothing lasts, including success. Success and failure are unexpected. When the peak of glory, there could be things that can make you fall at once. That's life, like a spinning wheel, there are times when you're up, there's a time you're under.
The good news for all of us is that bitcoin is in fact very solid it does not look like it has any weakness that may harm it, this could change of course as governments of the world are not going to allow a project like bitcoin to keep growing without any kind of supervision.
Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:20:05 PM

Nothing is too big to fail, if it's time to fail then all will fail. Nothing lasts, including success. Success and failure are unexpected. When the peak of glory, there could be things that can make you fall at once. That's life, like a spinning wheel, there are times when you're up, there's a time you're under.
The good news for all of us is that bitcoin is in fact very solid it does not look like it has any weakness that may harm it, this could change of course as governments of the world are not going to allow a project like bitcoin to keep growing without any kind of supervision.
When government tries to manipulate btc whuch impossible for them to do may result for bannings that can affect btc failure to increase more in value, but without banning btc for sure can keep to stand for long.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:29:22 PM

maybe the current bitcoin is still at peak, but will it always be at peak ?? there must be times where they experience a failure of success and failure again ,, nothing is impossible, maybe there will be a replacement of bitcoin or bitcoin will last a long time
Yukyzu

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:45:38 AM

all things there must be down and up, btc for now still survive and hopefully will continue to survive in a long time. because no one can confirm the next btc situation. unstable growth due to its volatile.
slehbenzaied

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:48:18 AM

I think that all the people talking about the fall of BTC are really wrong Wink
Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 07:19:13 AM

Nothing is too big to be unsuccessful, even sometimes the broker street falls within the scope of a big fall, but it has never stopped, seeing the past performance of Bitcoin, it does not seem that it will be failed.ups and downs will comes continuesly in any field. but I think bitcoin will continue to go to high contineusly.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
South Park

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:12:14 PM

When government tries to manipulate btc whuch impossible for them to do may result for bannings that can affect btc failure to increase more in value, but without banning btc for sure can keep to stand for long.
I think it is possible that as we see bitcoin growing and governments begin to see that people are not going to pay their taxes because they are not forced to do it then we are going to see a massive ban of bitcoin around the world but even that will not be enough to stop bitcoin adoption.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:34:29 PM

I think that all the people talking about the fall of BTC are really wrong Wink
Yes, obviously they are wrong. The use of bitcoins have got to the highest of all possible levels and now most of the transactions are in the form of bitcoins. It is expected that after the last pump that cause the prices to rise up to more than dollar 7600, the value would shoot up to the level of ore than dollar 10k in the end of this year.

There are very little possibilities of bitcoins to go down in the upcoming many years but the opposite side is always possible in the world of virtual currencies.
HEWRA

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:41:18 PM

That's what I tend to think personally. Banks still have the power to buy back the full capitalization of the bitcoin, but they probably would have done so if it were in their best interest I really think that today, nothing can stop the bitcoin anymore... All we have to do is wait for the fork to find out more about its future!
I dont think there is any point at all for banks to "buy back" the capitalization of bitcoin. Indeed, having a lot of it would increase your control over it and also it would become less dangerous because less people might use it: but this is impossible. If banks would buy thousands of bitcoins, such a thing would be revealed surely. That is just a too big movement of funds from the financial sector to the cryptocurrency sector!
ross09

Activity: 202
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:14:01 PM

not really even big company fails even known bank fail ..yes its digital yes its from internet and yes theres always a way to fix it right away not now but we all don't know what the future will bring us.. I am not bringing negativity here let just say this fact that there is only one permanent  in this world which is CHANGE..  .I am not saying that its gonna fail now there is always a chance this happen.
..but ofcourse whats good in failures is we always learn from it. .we don't need to be afraid if bitcoin will fail atleast we all know how bitcoin helps as through things that  we think we can not.
OuterTech

Activity: 294

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:17:11 PM

I don't think Bitcoin will fail. It's the best cryptocurrency for now and after a dump it's always a big pump so don't worry. IMO maybe till the end of this month there will be a big pump for Bitcoin price it'll go through 7k$ and reach to a new peak 8k$

SupportBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 04:03:35 AM

Bitcoin dropped significantly today. Anyone worried about it? IMO it will rebound to even higher than before as it usually does. But we usually see a mass panic and sell off.

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: