Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:01:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be too big to fail?  (Read 5445 times)
spinno

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:23:15 AM

Even great nations rise and fall. Bitcoin would not be too big to fall, we should prepare our minds and enjoy the earnings and profits while it still lasts
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:23:21 AM

After spending much time as a guest on this forum learning all I can about Bitcoin, I finally decided to join. Glad to be here and thanks for all the great advice along the way!

Now I have a question I'd like to ask. Is Bitcoin going to get to the point where it is too big to fail? The government bailed out Wall Street to avoid a financial collapse. Can Bitcoin gain the same status as Wall Street? The market cap is steadily increasing making it a big player in the game and I'm looking forward to where it is headed.

Thanks in advance!

yes and no. bitcoin can become so "capitalized" that the incentive to let it fail would be too remote of a possibility. if your fortune was in bitcoin, and enough people had this same profit motive, then they simply would not allow the price to reach a certain low level. there very livelihoods are at stake. with the bank situation, it was cheaper for those that messed up to dimply allow the government to correct the error. if anyone had any criminal liability , this would have been a completely different story.

bitcoin will never gain institutional (government) backing, essentially insurance. but it can become so widely adopted that risk of ruin is nil.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:40:47 PM

Maybe but i think bch is going to take the throne. Too much manipulation and fees on btc chain.

People behind bch will never succeed any way whatever their desires for bch as bitcoin is too big to defeat.
Bitcoin has proven itself in the market or in the whole world how strong it is and how it stabilize.
And we're very fortunate to know bitcoin at the early stage of its adoption as we're now holding at least some decent amount that we can use for the future and when bitcoin goes to the moon.

As much as I myself want Bitcoin to retain its top position among cryptocurrencies, Bitcoib Cash has been very strong recently. If it doesn't crash to where it started from, it will be an undisputed winner for this round. And if it proceeds to gain strength over time, it will inevitably start eating away delicious chunks of Bitcoin's pie. This is not something which we should forget about or discard as inconsequential.
Marucya

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:25:09 PM

Bitcoin, like the entire decentralized crypto currency, is a supranational creation. It has no binding to any state. Therefore, if bitcoins have problems, then there is hardly a state that will support it tangibly. He will have to rely only on himself.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 10:37:06 PM

After spending much time as a guest on this forum learning all I can about Bitcoin, I finally decided to join. Glad to be here and thanks for all the great advice along the way!

Now I have a question I'd like to ask. Is Bitcoin going to get to the point where it is too big to fail? The government bailed out Wall Street to avoid a financial collapse. Can Bitcoin gain the same status as Wall Street? The market cap is steadily increasing making it a big player in the game and I'm looking forward to where it is headed.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, and the big companies and investors that have participated in investing to bitcoins knows that. That is why its value was so high today because of too many demands for bitcoins with limited supply. Bitcoin have grown so much that it has come to a point that everyone wants to invest with it.

DannaWonder

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:49:24 AM

Thanks in advance!

There are a lot of people who is now into bitcoin they are the one who is keeping bitcoin alive, and yes it is too big to fail at this point since it already surpass a lot of trials  and still it is increasing its price as time goes by.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:57:41 AM

I personally have same concern
How if someday bitcoin just poof, gone, like other scam coin
But for now we can rest assured because how big our community is

Javathon

Activity: 169

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:01:55 AM

We should consider bitcoin as the mother of all coins. Many coins are dependent of bitcoin by some reasons. I could say that it is really too big to fail. Many people was fooled by the bch pump earlier this week but it was just temporary. People are now going back to bitcoin and I can see bitcoin reaching 8k USD by next week. The possibility is clear haha.
Randian Hero

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:24:25 AM

You should not care if Bitcoin fails. It's obvious that it's developing. Because it is becoming implemented in more and more places around the world.
Oo ako to

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:00:03 AM

Why are you focusing on bitcoin's failure? Trust me it won't because only the bank industry are the only people who struggle to make bitcoin fail. Our numbers as bitcoin supporters is too many to bring bitcoin down by other people so let's just rejoice and set your worries aside.
florentinoobet

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:15:53 AM

I think maybe not as many that failed here and try also to as bitcoin
rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:48:53 AM

Thanks in advance!
If bitcoin will fail yes probably it was too big but i don't think it would happen,so far bitcoin has just started to recover and its price $7662.14 maybe it decreases to $200+ from its price yesterday but it cant be consider as a downfall.It will rise again and if you ask where it is headed most probably to its success and we are a  part of it who really knows bitcoins ability to make us have financial freedom someday.

Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:48:18 AM

Thanks in advance!

I guess as you spend much time being a guest on this forum you have noticed that so many are supporting bitcoin. From that fact, we could draw out a conclusion that bitcoin cannot be easily ruined. So just like what others say, bitcoin has created a great foundation and supported by great people. Nothing to worry about and to even predict its failure.
Fortress12345

Activity: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:03:54 PM

The volatility of bitcoin  is a great cause why no one can predict it’s next value as well as its future. But bitcoin manage to be on the top despite all the problem it encounters. Even Bitcoin is too big it still possibile to fail because nothing stays forever but for now it will not fail because bitcoin manage to survived for so many years and that is because people using bitcoin is continuously increasing.  If people stops making transactions bitcoin will absolutely fail.

megalith07

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:10:47 PM

some expect a BTC price reduction. well they might expect the altcoin price to go up high. maybe some people who are here withstand altcoin with a very large number but as the BTC price continues to rise it keeps the altcoin price up. well maybe the bitcoin price will go down.
ardhigalau

Activity: 316

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:37:49 PM

The biggest failure is when you ignore bitcoin, learn about bitcoin and you'll find something new that you've never thought of before.
GarryLouie

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:24:38 PM

I see a lot of positive news too about Bitcoin over the negative
 Still, most of the naysayers are corporate CEOs and people on Wall Street. I think a majority of them are worried about Bitcoin becoming bigger than their companies. Major example: Jamie Dimon with JP Morgan. What do you guys think?
sorrowfulnightcries

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 01:33:37 PM

It didn't fail when it is just small and starting to grow despite a lot of negativity and issues, plus being something new from a very untrustworthy source, bitcoin have managed to survive all its disadvantages and issues that is why I don't think at this point that bitcoin would be able to fail for a couple of years to come.

Sallysakky

Activity: 119
Merit: 14

Kawa

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:34:04 PM

Fundamentally, Bitcoin is very promising thing. Price can reduce, but it won't fail.

Tongue
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:46:52 PM

We should all be prepared for failure. But realistically the only thing that keeps bitcoin going is the fact that a community of people believe it has value. This same theory, reality applies to all currencies and things of value. As soon as people agree that it doesn't have value it will fail and that will be it!

If we are prepared for success we should also be prepared for failure. The only thing that keeps bitcoin functioning is because the community of people believe it has a value and that it's is important. If all the people who believed that it's a value and as soon as they're tired on agreeing, bitcoin will not have a value anymore and it will surely fail and that will be the outcome.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: