Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:28:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be too big to fail?  (Read 5445 times)
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:42:40 AM

After spending much time as a guest on this forum learning all I can about Bitcoin, I finally decided to join. Glad to be here and thanks for all the great advice along the way!

Now I have a question I'd like to ask. Is Bitcoin going to get to the point where it is too big to fail? The government bailed out Wall Street to avoid a financial collapse. Can Bitcoin gain the same status as Wall Street? The market cap is steadily increasing making it a big player in the game and I'm looking forward to where it is headed.

Thanks in advance!

Like a bubble, the bigger it gets, larger the possibility it will pop and crash. I think bitcoin is no exception to this case since bitcoins is big enough to pop. Nothing is too big not to fail. There's always the posibility of failure despite the support of everyone.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
desklamp

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:49:57 AM

It could fail but slowly because there are solid supporters of bitcoin. They are going to refer people to bitcoin as many as they could to increase price and get profit on it.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:54:36 PM

In terms of failure there is no big or small company that they consider. In order to survive the company must learn from itself on how to cope and adjust from the demand of the consumers.
As long as the company of bitcoin maintain their operations and management all things will become stable.
steven.spearman

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:13:46 PM

Bitcoin will not fail, despite the extreme price decline, I'm sure it will go back up. The government can not beat bitcoin either.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 03:15:49 PM

when btc $300 people said btc fail and then regret coming .
Alaminshaikh

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:23:16 PM

Bitcoin will not fail.bitcoin is a legal crypto currency. Bitcoin price increased day by day.I thinks now price some down,but I hope will be get good UP.bitcoin price will go to 20K in the next year.will see bitcoin huge price,as soon as possible.
resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:24:50 PM

After spending much time as a guest on this forum learning all I can about Bitcoin, I finally decided to join. Glad to be here and thanks for all the great advice along the way!

Now I have a question I'd like to ask. Is Bitcoin going to get to the point where it is too big to fail? The government bailed out Wall Street to avoid a financial collapse. Can Bitcoin gain the same status as Wall Street? The market cap is steadily increasing making it a big player in the game and I'm looking forward to where it is headed.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think that there is no possibility for Bitcoin to fail even if it is too big. Bitcoin users plays a big role on Bitcoin's success today. If users will not patronize Bitcoin, it will probably fail. Bitcoin users makes Bitcoin on the line, we are all contributing to it's success and we can also make it fail; but then we are not about to do that right?
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:27:40 PM

Thanks in advance!

nothing lasts forever. it could be that bitcoin fails or is replaced by another coin. in the free market, everything can happen. it is already a risk for those who play bitcoin.

stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:45:40 PM

Nah man, "too big to fail" means a central agency is willing to bail out a failing entity. No such central agency exists for Bitcoin. It's the free market at its finest!

We should all be prepared for failure. But realistically the only thing that keeps bitcoin going is the fact that a community of people believe it has value. This same theory, reality applies to all currencies and things of value. As soon as people agree that it doesn't have value it will fail and that will be it!
no there are very less chance to price of bitcoin will not big to fall but there are chance to price of bitcoin to fall very less amount because there are countinously increasing in the price of bitcoin will reach the price of bitcoin will Maximum so there are chance to decrease in the price of bitcoin in the future . No one currency will always stable the fluctuation in the price will take place in the market.
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:36:42 AM

When the company builds a strong foundation and known in the whole world it is difficult to destroy because there are invulnerable and indestructible which is the company of bitcoin is.
It is impossible to happen that they fail because there are lots of people supports them.
Teagannr

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:52:19 AM

Nah man, "too big to fail" means a central agency is willing to bail out a failing entity. No such central agency exists for Bitcoin. It's the free market at its finest!

We should all be prepared for failure. But realistically the only thing that keeps bitcoin going is the fact that a community of people believe it has value. This same theory, reality applies to all currencies and things of value. As soon as people agree that it doesn't have value it will fail and that will be it!
If it failed, then forks will live, like Segwit2X now
Donawoite

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:28:51 AM

No, bitcoin is not too big to fail, Nothing is too big to fail in this world.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:32:34 AM

Never say never and nothing in this world is too big to fail or to fall.
Hope this wil not be the bitcoin destiny and so far it has come already, so bad things if they do will not happen over night. I still believe we will experinece only corrections not the crashes. Time is on the bitcoin side.

malaj
cloudbleron18

Activity: 203

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:35:42 AM

Thanks in advance!
no its a big not because bitcoin never to give up and also bitcoin is not in fail but cause it is it the powerful crypto currency ant i thought it is running to become a world one currency so bitcoin no to that big fail.

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:44:38 AM

Thanks in advance!

Do not expect that the government will do the same thing that it does to Wall Street. The Wall Street is a very powerful and influential body that it even controls the government in some ways. It does not allow itself to fail and collapse just like that. In the same manner that the government is also saving Wall Street because it also benefited from it. Both are helping each other because both have the responsibility and large stakes whatever happens to their own status. In Bitcoin and crypto, there is a different situation because generally, Bitcoin and crypto is the antagonist.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cutebat

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:01:20 PM

Bitcoin can change and is volatile, its price can drop anytime, however there is no central organization that holds it which is why it would not possibly fall altogether.
Coins and Hardwork

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:05:39 PM

Bitcoin is expensive and I think it is not that great or big to not have a possibility of failing but the question is what kind of failure? Failure in transacting? Failure on the improvement? Bitcoin has a possibility to be taken down but still, bitcoin with a lot of supporters or users, it will be really hard and that possibility is close to zero.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:13:55 PM

Thanks in advance!

Nope, anything big can  also fail. For example have a look at the world economy in 2018. Anything and everything can happen at any time. While bitcoin is looking fairly strong for now, anything can change for tomorrow.

However for sure it is a good investment now, but we know things can change. If the lightning network is not implemented at all, I'd say Bitcoin has a rather grim future ahead of itself.

Bitcoin can change and is volatile, its price can drop anytime, however there is no central organization that holds it which is why it would not possibly fall altogether.

Good start but wrong ending. It is exactly because of its decentralization that bitcoin can fail so quickly and drastically. There is no-one to hold it back unlike with the stock market.

Smiley
PatronRH

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:14:16 PM

I am not a fan of the expression too be big too fail. For the moment bitcoin is a very volatile currency so I dont think that the government will care that much to lose money in order to sustain bitcoin. Yet frankly speaking I don't know what the future holds because the situation seems very unpredictable.

.GlobeCas.The Turest Entertainment Journey
#Licensed  #Gambling #Experienced Team #All-in-One Platform #Live Streaming #Revulotion
[Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Facebook] | [Youtube] | [Twitter] | [LinkedIn] | [Medium]
prieaji

Activity: 152

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:28:30 PM

bitcoin will be the best and will not be long in the future of us all, bitcoin will not fail too big for it. bitcoin will be even greater than it is now the possibility of failure will be smaller. bitcoin keeps increasing its price but now still not as stable as there is wiling to buy in bulk when price goes down, it just down a bit and only opinion only.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: