Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:24:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be too big to fail?  (Read 5445 times)
morsuperuser

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:44:44 PM

Due to the million users of Bitcoin, it is hard to take it down, even if they say bad things about it, the actual transaction makes it more believable.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:13:17 AM

Bitcoin can change and is volatile, its price can drop anytime, however there is no central organization that holds it which is why it would not possibly fall altogether.

Good start but wrong ending. It is exactly because of its decentralization that bitcoin can fail so quickly and drastically. There is no-one to hold it back unlike with the stock market.

But it works both ways around. If Bitcoin is centralized it can be brought down by those controlling it as fast, if not faster, should they choose so. To me, the risk of this predicament or development is a lot higher in case of heavy centralization. In essence, Bitcoin would be at the mercy of someone or someones, and this is definitely not what we all want, right?
GoldMen

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:46:30 AM

I give an example which we all know, the titanic was a boat created and promoted for being so big and so strong that it would never fall and go surprise ... it sank ... So the same thing can happen with bitcoin. Nothing is too big and too strong to never fall.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:49:49 AM

As of now bitcoin sure is very big, but in my opinion even if you are big that doesn't mean that you are invincible, there will a time where bitcoin might face its biggeat challenge yet and might result in its downfall.
arcfaith

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

Work smart, Play hard

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:40:53 AM

If large MNCs are able to go bankrupt after being in the market for so many years, anything can happen. Although Bitcoin is going strong now, but we can never be 100% sure that 1 day, even if it is after 50 or 100 years, that it will not fall.

GeviraBrooks

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:42:09 AM

History shows that in digital world anyone can fail, especially those that invented something new. The biggest problem is to keep developing fast.
Latrix

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:54:38 AM

The rise of bitcoin has just started. So I reckon the huge plunge in value wont be anywhere near yet.
wendelKray

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:04:33 AM

Too big to fail is a bit too ambitious so i doubt that is possible. But bitcoin is making moves that may may it seem like it is here to stay but i wouldn't be too quick to assume that is the case.
ostrogoto2012

Activity: 1134
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:10:34 AM

Mah what to say, nothing is to big to fail, for sure without internet bitcoin would have hard time to be used! But off course the more the community is bigger the more hard to fails!

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
.PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance.
Wong Goblog

Activity: 310
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:33:18 AM

I think everything can happen, and I'm sure someday bitcoin will be abandoned by users so it's not worth it, but before bitcoin is worthless and failing we better make the most of it.
balakang00

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:08:10 AM

I think nothing is too big to fail. No matter how big the thing is there is no assurance that it will be successful. There is no certain in this world even the top things go down, however bitcoin is a different thing. Bitcoin, although also uncertain, will be successful as days go by. As long as people is open in investing and making the money circulate, it will always be alive.

ekolet

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:15:36 AM

I don't think you know what "too big to fail" means. Insurance companies might be too big to fail because they have tons of contracts with other parties and failing to fulfill these contracts might drasticly hinder whole economy. Thats not applicable to bitcoin.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:19:57 PM

You as an investor have different types of instruments as well as bonds, mutual funds, stocks and crypto currencies. I always understand that there is always a risk no matter how safe it is. I have seen large stocks 5 to 10 years ago that are worthless now. Cool
Puppey

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:36:31 PM

i think the answer is yes because if BTC fall down once it will step forward thrice
amadocuaresma

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:15:45 AM

Bitcoin is too big to fail but still there are some risk. You can't remove the risk in every business/investment but the bright is the big opportunity that waiting for you.
peterko

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:20:56 AM

Actually the bigger something is, the way it falls will be faster. Just like blowing a bubble, after it gets to a certain size it will burst.  Grin
But main thing is, being careful is the word to look out for. Nothing last forever. Even Facebook and Google has to look into their business model every now and then so they wont be eliminated.
russella31

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:29:21 AM

Nothing is too big too fail. If bitcoin can't satisy the needs of their customers then it would fail eventually. Right now, bitcoin is doing good. I hope  it maintains its good standing in the market. I'm still new in bitcoin but i am optimistic about it.
CohY4ohvoh

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:43:51 AM

bitcoin now is too big to fail. anything will destroy in future but bitcoin can stay for last day.
No one can say price will back to 0,5$ soon
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:57:35 AM

Any amount is possible to hit by bitcoin cause we dont know how far btc goes up same as going down .  Roll Eyes

We exactly don't know what will gonna happen. And it is true  that anytime bitcoin can rise or fall but I don't think it will  really on the bottom. We should enjoy our bitcoin life. Hold when it is low and its up to you to sell if it is high or will have a long term investment.
giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:38:14 AM

After spending much time as a guest on this forum learning all I can about Bitcoin, I finally decided to join. Glad to be here and thanks for all the great advice along the way!

Now I have a question I'd like to ask. Is Bitcoin going to get to the point where it is too big to fail? The government bailed out Wall Street to avoid a financial collapse. Can Bitcoin gain the same status as Wall Street? The market cap is steadily increasing making it a big player in the game and I'm looking forward to where it is headed.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think that bitcoin has the same status as wall street, and also it is not in possession of one country. Based on this facts I don't think that it is too big to fail, but anyway it will not fail in the nearest future, this is for sure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: