Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SELFKEY] ID Wallet for Citizenship, Incorporation, Fintech, Banking, Exchanges  (Read 37459 times)
CryptoConan

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:11:09 AM

This is one of the most clever applications of the Eth blockchain that i have ever seen.
And your Token is bound to mercilessly overshadow a big amount of othrr tokens,  because KEY provides a massive Utility!

Yes, This project is the most promosing of all the Digital ID projects out there right now.
 it will take some time to get the Awareness about it, but then theres no stopping it.

I mean look at Civic - people just buy it as another speculation object imho, the utility per se comes nowhere near SK.

One has also to say that this idea of national independency goes actually pretty well with satoshis vision.
Independence
JuanMD (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:09:45 PM

This is one of the most clever applications of the Eth blockchain that i have ever seen.
And your Token is bound to mercilessly overshadow a big amount of othrr tokens,  because KEY provides a massive Utility!

Yes, This project is the most promosing of all the Digital ID projects out there right now.
 it will take some time to get the Awareness about it, but then theres no stopping it.

I mean look at Civic - people just buy it as another speculation object imho, the utility per se comes nowhere near SK.

One has also to say that this idea of national independency goes actually pretty well with satoshis vision.
Independence

Exactly! One of our end goals is to give our users the freedom of choosing, just like Satoshi did but in a larger level Smiley
Anthony C. Stack

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:54:50 PM

Centralized Government digital ID with biometrics is not really a new thing though.
Check Malaysias MyKad system.  It was introduced in 2001 i think.
Centralized database of fingerprints and even iris scans.  Enrollment is compulsory and failure to comply can be punished by imprisonment.
Now imagine that.  And people have 0 control over their identity,  dont even kmow what gov or third parties are doing with  it....

Wow, that's rough. You think Selfkey and projects like it can help situations like this?
Robert M. Turner

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:51:47 AM

Selfkey's last blog post explained it a little bit. There's great potential here and we don't want to put it at stake!
CryptoConan

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:38:17 AM

Centralized Government digital ID with biometrics is not really a new thing though.
Centralized database of fingerprints and even iris scans.  Enrollment is compulsory and failure to comply can be punished by imprisonment.
Now imagine that.  And people have 0 control over their identity,  dont even kmow what gov or third parties are doing with  it....

Wow, that's rough. You think Selfkey and projects like it can help situations like this?

Their approach is of much transparency Anthony C. They've stated that the user does not store any data or documents on SelfKey's servers nor on the Blockchain but stored in the personal device of the user. Meaning; no centralized database.

Also their marketplace passport products go through citizenship by investment i think,  so there is no gov involved directly.  However i heard the dev state somewhere,  that direct coop with goverbemts is a real possibility in the future.  But i doubt that the malaysian gov would consent to decentralizing their  id system
DylerTurden

Activity: 67

PradBitt

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:25:44 AM

Independence

Exactly! One of our end goals is to give our users the freedom of choosing, just like Satoshi did but in a larger level Smiley

At larger level than Satoshi is a very modest statement Smiley
But in a way its true
PipiPoo

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:42:13 AM

Selfkey's last blog post explained it a little bit. There's great potential here and we don't want to put it at stake!

Omg what a cool project. How did I not see this earlier?
Dudes I wish you all the best, keeping a close eye on you
CryptoConan

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:16:01 AM

Cant wait for that bounty campaign!  You guys really like to build up anticipation huh?  Smiley
marcgv

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:59:50 AM

Cant wait for that bounty campaign!  You guys really like to build up anticipation huh?  Smiley

Bounty will be announced together with the token sale announcement and the new site launch,

stay tuned http://t.me/selfkeyfoundation
JuanMD (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:45:33 PM

hehe you need to create some hype to increase the happiness Wink
JuanMD (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:51:48 PM

https://blog.selfkey.org/selfkey-q-a-6c2c0773469c

Check this new blogpost!
CryptoConan

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:56:50 PM

Bounty will be announced together with the token sale announcement and the new site launch,

stay tuned http://t.me/selfkeyfoundation

I am supertuned on all channels!!  Smiley
LEXITco

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:22:40 PM

"Q: OK — So it’s a KYC wallet — can we also send ETH and receive altcoins from token sales to our SelfKey Wallet?
A: Yes — on our next release, we are adding ETH and ERC-20 tokens functionality"

Was just about to ask this same question. This looks amazing- great blog post and exciting project! Just joined your Telegram channel to get the updates first handed!  Cool
Kingofthe80ss

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:20:31 AM

Good one! Your PR is on fire!
DylerTurden

Activity: 67

PradBitt

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:27:32 AM

Their approach is of much transparency Anthony C. They've stated that the user does not store any data or documents on SelfKey's servers nor on the Blockchain but stored in the personal device of the user. Meaning; no centralized database.

Also their marketplace passport products go through citizenship by investment i think,  so there is no gov involved directly.  However i heard the dev state somewhere,  that direct coop with goverbemts is a real possibility in the future.  But i doubt that the malaysian gov would consent to decentralizing their  id system

Yes the scalability is endless here. SelfKey will act as the glue that keeps together new, decentralized tech and disrupted legacy systems
JordiDrago

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:42:28 AM

I think this will be my first Alt.
Seems like your Token will some asses of newly wealthy people once the apocalypse starts. Hope theres enough room on Vanuatu haha!
CryptoConan

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:05:16 AM

Man theres some interesting discussion on your subreddit going on.
Your marketplace feels like a shopping mall for global players
PipiPoo

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:21:07 AM

"Q: Why do you need a native token?

A: SelfKey will require participants to stake a certain amount of KEY tokens to access the network. This prevents spam, decreases the total amount of float, and encourages people to buy and hold KEY, and act in accordance with the trust framework (legal agreement) so that relying parties don’t for instance, misuse identity data — because if they do, they will lose their stake. Identity owners will need to hold a certain amount of KEY to unlock marketplaces also. We call this, proof of reputational stake and bonded notaries."

This is quite clever I have to admit
Robert L. Otto

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:36:40 PM

Man theres some interesting discussion on your subreddit going on.
Your marketplace feels like a shopping mall for global players
It's gonna be the next "Digital 'Mall of America'" metaphorically. There's plenty of potential around this project as a whole
Anthony C. Stack

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:46:27 PM

from the explanation or information of the project thread, I can conclude that this is a good project and have a good future. is there any item translation in this project

Their Whitepaper is available in English, Spanish, Russian, Korean and Japanese:

https://selfkey.org/whitepaper/
Nice, did you do all of those translations? Talk about being bilingual!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: