Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:25:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DAO PlayMarket 2.0 - App Store based on the blockchain and smart contracts  (Read 53545 times)
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

why it's better than usual App Store?

This will be a crypto market. But I think, devs must give good explain and comprasion beetween their competitors...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
loup

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:33:48 PM

That will be the central question. I think many people will need good reasons to change the app store.
They have some nice qualities like investing in apps, easy ICOs, decentralization, lower fees, but there will be indeed hard to attract a huge base of users to new app store.
All that seems great. Let's hope the people will find it and start to support it. I think we need more than 2 play stores.
Although there is a large monopoly there is always room for alternatives. They will have to know how to work their way in the market.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:50:58 PM

Very to see the first millions cap is reached, DAO Playmarket is a good project and deserve to raise a lot of money. I think the project can go really far.

I'm surprised that they managed to break 1mil so fast in this environment. It looks like there is strong interest in PlayMarket

yes, i was suprised to see this too. i would have not thought that there is a market and that they will raise so much in a short time OO"
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:22:56 PM

That will be the central question. I think many people will need good reasons to change the app store.
If I'm not mistaken, ordinary people can now have the chance to invest on a prospective app of their choice via the Playmarket. I think this is not possible with Playstore or App store.

they can invest and they will get dividends too from the developers of the app. that is a nice concept they have and i think thats why this is getting more investors now.
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:02:09 PM

If I'm not mistaken, ordinary people can now have the chance to invest on a prospective app of their choice via the Playmarket. I think this is not possible with Playstore or App store.

It's possible if you are a publisher Smiley

The idea to have normal users invest in apps right on the platform is neat but as I said before I wonder how much you can earn with the tiny commission. Or is there an investment fee on top of that?

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:19:45 PM

they can invest and they will get dividends too from the developers of the app. that is a nice concept they have and i think thats why this is getting more investors now.
dividends are always better, If you count how much profit make really good applications - it will pay off for early investors
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:30:09 PM

It will be very interesting to see how much backers in apps will be rewarded and how they will be rewarded, Dao playmaket can create an apps ecosystem, for investors and devs, I’m impatient to start using it.
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:32:12 PM

dividends are always better, If you count how much profit make really good applications - it will pay off for early investors

Do you have any data to back that up? An Android app's average revenue is $1125, heavily skewed by the top apps, and what is 1% of that shared with all other investors?

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:40:33 PM

I think this project is for a long time, so it is better to buy coins on the exchange.
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:37:26 AM

They have some nice qualities like investing in apps, easy ICOs, decentralization, lower fees, but there will be indeed hard to attract a huge base of users to new app store.
1 thing that interest me is we will see many other great apps that arent provided by google app store.
mmarry889

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:17:49 AM

is there  no exact date about the ICO/Crowdsale yet?
Hi! ICO DAO PlayMarket2.0 started 8 Nov. There are 5 stages, each stage lasts 10 days or if all tokens at each stage (450 000 PMT) will be sold the next stage is coming.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:08:47 AM

They want to attract developers already with an app on playstore to make a tokenized version of them on playmarket, also crypto apps. And they will have a centralized exchange iirc

The question is, will they be able to get a big enough userbase beside the ones who are using crypto? To develop an app needs money, so if developers now will make a second version of their app for an crypto-based PlayMarket, if they will get enough money in so that will be profitable? Beside that they need to attract non crypto users to come into crypto and use this store. I think this will be very difficult.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 05:19:14 AM

1 thing that interest me is we will see many other great apps that arent provided by google app store.

This is true, im using few that are not listed myself, nothing illegal, but they get censored for various reasons
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:31:19 AM

It doesn't need to be better. It just needs to be different i guess.

It's a huge market, everybody uses app stores, a different market can draw some interest easily.

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:10:33 AM

It's a huge market, everybody uses app stores, a different market can draw some interest easily.

It also give dividends for the token holder and has lower fees to list your apps. Moreover they are not going to stop apps from being listed there
viljy

Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:16:01 AM

They will have dividends? From what? From profit from sales apps?

Developers get profit from selling their apps, but users can invest in the development of an app and get dividend.

It seems not quite so, investors will profit from the store itself. And the profit from application developers will be if you buy developer tokens, which he can release himself and sell through the store.

So is the developer paying dividends manually or is it automatic system? Like when you buy an app, you are buying a shares or contract that allows you to get dividends from the investments of that app automatically?

If you buy the application, it does not give anything. If you buy tokens from the developer of this application, you get what the developer promises for his tokens. If you buy DAO tokens, then you become a store investor and have the right to profit from the store. As will be realized the payment of dividends automatically or manually, this information I have not seen.

But how many dividends could it possibly give when the commission is only 1% on PlayMarket compared to 30% on the official Play Store? Add in the high risk of releasing on a 3rd party App Store this looks like a high risk low reward investment.

Yes you are right. But first the store should attract buyers, maybe later they will increase the commission percentage.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:25:05 AM

It also give dividends for the token holder and has lower fees to list your apps. Moreover they are not going to stop apps from being listed there

adoption is the main issue in my opinion. having a store is fine and dandy but if people don't want to use it, then it's worthless. hopefully the crypto space will adopt it.

Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:30:06 AM

Yes, but I hope that devs are ready to wait some years, everything will not be done in a few months.
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:00:52 AM

1 million is a great accomplishment. This should be enough to get the project started, but I don't actually know what their soft cap is?

I asked this before and it seems like they don't have a soft cap but will work with every amount of money they can raise.

This is very good news, if it is true. More safe to invest if they can assure investors the project will work without soft cap demands.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:34:45 AM

adoption is the main issue in my opinion. having a store is fine and dandy but if people don't want to use it, then it's worthless. hopefully the crypto space will adopt it.

At least developers will probably want to use it because fees are too low comparing the others.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: