Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:31:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DAO PlayMarket 2.0 - App Store based on the blockchain and smart contracts  (Read 53549 times)
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:30:32 AM

Earlier in the thread, I've mentioned about free apps being published on the DAOPM App Store by developers, and I wonder if  what will be the implications with regards to this scenario.

Yeah good that you came up with this again, there hasn't been a statement on free apps with ads from any of the team so far.

I am not sure how would the profits would be distributed if devs got money via google ads for example. That would be confusing as hell to distribute and explaining in taxes why are using your income from google to buying cryptocurrencies and sending them to anonymous people.

What benefits can a developer obtain from the App store if his or her app is published for free and vice versa?
To start, it will be free to increase the number of users, and then make a fee.

Yes, it woul be nice. they must have a huge users base at first.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:31:31 AM

What is Playmarkets strategy to gain mass adoption of users? How will you attract new users?

I doubt they have a concrete answer to your question. The fact is google store have a massive support and user base and i will be hard to lure users to PlayMarket 2.0. I think we have to be patient.

Exactly out of the reasons you are stateing they should already have a strategy and concept how they want to get user into their PlayMarket, otherwise they will lose ground fast out there.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 05:19:32 AM

What is Playmarkets strategy to gain mass adoption of users? How will you attract new users?

I doubt they have a concrete answer to your question. The fact is google store have a massive support and user base and i will be hard to lure users to PlayMarket 2.0. I think we have to be patient.

Exactly out of the reasons you are stateing they should already have a strategy and concept how they want to get user into their PlayMarket, otherwise they will lose ground fast out there.

They are targeting all those app that cannot go in the official market i believe. Google has strict rule for example.
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:58:19 AM

Actually, they have already outlined in their whitepaper the measures how to attract users. Interesting, that they plan to involve celebrities  Smiley

"The main goal of this campaign is to increase loyalty and gain the trust of users. To achieve his goal, we will launch native advertising on thematic Internet resources of different languages with MAUs over 120 thousand and involve celebrities in our project"

The reason I am asking is, because it seems like a very hard job to attract google users to another platform. Advertising is the minimum of what they should do, but I was hoping for concrete plans on this. I think they should do more than just advertising. For example; Giving away free stuff/sponsoring developers with their apps and make it available only on Playmarket.

the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:22:58 AM

They are targeting all those app that cannot go in the official market i believe. Google has strict rule for example.

like what? black market apps? there is a downside to that you know.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:32:18 AM

like what? black market apps? there is a downside to that you know.

I don't think it is like that.

There are too many game apps that have the option to gain money from it and Google is not allowing that. There is probably some more area google don't let it but it is not the black market.

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:40:26 AM

How much fees they will charge from apps devepopers?

A lot less than Google and Apple, I need to find back the numbers.
Does anybody know how much Google and Apple charge? I think between 10-20%. Am I right?

I think it's 30% .. not 100% sure though.
Regarding the Apple issue, afaik it won't be possible to list the app on the IOS App Store, however via side loading it will be possible to get the app on your IOS device.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 06:53:09 AM

Google require a one time fee of 25$ to start publishing your apps. Then they get 30% of the profit generated by you app if any.
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:29:01 AM

Google require a one time fee of 25$ to start publishing your apps. Then they get 30% of the profit generated by you app if any.

I think it is good to ask for initial fee, otherwise everyone would dump their apps on the platform. But 30% of your profit seems like too much. If Playmarket can really lower that fee, like they promise, it may be attract a lot of developers.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:37:44 AM

I think it is good to ask for initial fee, otherwise everyone would dump their apps on the platform. But 30% of your profit seems like too much. If Playmarket can really lower that fee, like they promise, it may be attract a lot of developers.

If you want to avoid dumping apps at their platform 25$ is a bit low ... that's something a school kid can offord with his pocket money lol
To attract developer, sure it's one point to lower the fee, but also to have a big enough userbase. If they don't have enough user, why should developer go to PlayMarket? 25$ is nothing for an developer and if they have the chance to get much more income through the official app store, even with higher percentage, they probably will choose this. But maybe I am wrong. Maybe there is need for another store.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:41:49 AM

With DAO PlayMarket 2.0 you have a apps market on the blockchain with smart contract. Great.
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:56:43 AM

If you want to avoid dumping apps at their platform 25$ is a bit low ... that's something a school kid can offord with his pocket money lol
To attract developer, sure it's one point to lower the fee, but also to have a big enough userbase. If they don't have enough user, why should developer go to PlayMarket? 25$ is nothing for an developer and if they have the chance to get much more income through the official app store, even with higher percentage, they probably will choose this. But maybe I am wrong. Maybe there is need for another store.
Beside this, there is of course the need of an alternative to google in every case.  Smiley
And it would be good, to have two or three other stores with better conditions related to earn money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:57:00 AM

They are targeting all apps because google rules are not that strict that would decline many developers from uploading their apps to play store.

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:40:31 AM

Beside this, there is of course the need of an alternative to google in every case.  Smiley
And it would be good, to have two or three other stores with better conditions related to earn money.
yes an alternative is always useful anyway I believe migration happens by degrees first they will create a considerable user pool so with a lot of userbase and low fee they can attract developers to publish new apps on the market...
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:39:14 AM

They are targeting all apps because google rules are not that strict that would decline many developers from uploading their apps to play store.

that's fine , but there has to be some restrictions on the apps. there are rules for a reason.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:27:04 PM

that's fine , but there has to be some restrictions on the apps. there are rules for a reason.

They probably implement some but not they won't be strict like google.

martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:53:28 PM

They probably implement some but not they won't be strict like google.
Yes of course, that's what they are promoting on their videos
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:38:37 PM

Well user base is going to be the first hurdle that we have to tackle for sure. But if it is done cleverly by rewarding early participants or something, it is not a problem for long. I am pretty sure that this can't fight with google for the userbase but we only need a small share of it. The ones that user cryptocurrencies as a payment for starters.
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:58:31 PM

Developers of popular apps can sell them at a lower price on PlayMarket than on the official App Stores at no loss because of the lower fee. I don't know if that's against the TOS though.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:08:05 PM

Developers of popular apps can sell them at a lower price on PlayMarket than on the official App Stores at no loss because of the lower fee. I don't know if that's against the TOS though.

yes or lil indi games developer can bring their product on the man for a low price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: