Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] VLB - The Ultimate Blockchain Fuel for the Vehicle Lifecycle Industy  (Read 49099 times)
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:43:47 AM

The ICO starts in 12 days, and only 20 days for token sale. Do you have plans of extending the ICO if it does not sell out?

In this case we return all the payments. But we are sure we'll gather all the necessary sum.

You plan to return fundings if you not sell out? So there is just a hard cap which need to be raised or do you have something like an soft cap for a minimal funding?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain - vlb.io

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 07:45:45 AM

The ICO starts in 12 days, and only 20 days for token sale. Do you have plans of extending the ICO if it does not sell out?

In this case we return all the payments. But we are sure we'll gather all the necessary sum.

You plan to return fundings if you not sell out? So there is just a hard cap which need to be raised or do you have something like an soft cap for a minimal funding?

Of course. The soft cap is 25,000 ETH.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:49:45 AM

Ok that sounds like something else. As I am waiting for the proof about Volkswagen I also saw that you have a partnership with uber. What exactly is this partnership about?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:52:57 AM

is there any partnership or deal with manufacture or company to pilot this?

Customers at the moment: all CarFix's current customers and partners, suppliers, services, the car owners, insurance companies.  They will use the blockchain using CarFix platform's existing interfaces.

Having an already working company makes you ahead of other icos I can definitely say that. You have the market, customers, partnerships etc. It's an amazing thing for an ico.

VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 08:03:57 AM

In the new blockchain how do you plan to have the information kept confidentially? Just the owner of the data ca read it?

The idea of this project is to make all the information about car clear and open. But there is no ready-made solution to achieving equilibrium between privacy
and decentralization. CarFix will commit a significant portion of the resources raised during the ICO to implementing a privacy protocol, which would be conducive to maximizing the number of
users of the CarFix developed blockchain while securing private and commercially sensitive information.
More detailed information you van find in WP page 37.

VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 08:07:03 AM

Interesting project, leading the history of the car. In Russia, it is necessary, but still I see some loopholes so that some information is not taken into account. For example, small external damages that are not fixed and that can be fixed without purchasing spare parts in a private service. But the car will be already broken and dyed and it will not be fixed in the system.

If a car owner fixes the car himself there will be no record. However, it's difficult to fix the car without any traces. If he goes to a service integrated to the VLB ecosystem there will be a record on the blockchain. If a repair shop is not integrated with the VLB there will be no record. However, in the future there will be less trust to this participant, which will be reflected in the price of insurance or car loan. The purpose of the project is to make the market more transparent so that honest players will benefit.

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:11:25 AM

Customers at the moment: all CarFix's current customers and partners, suppliers, services, the car owners, insurance companies.  They will use the blockchain using CarFix platform's existing interfaces.

Having an already working company makes you ahead of other icos I can definitely say that. You have the market, customers, partnerships etc. It's an amazing thing for an ico.

A lot of ICOs are just newly formed companies selling an idea. So yeah, the fact that there is already a working company behind the project, let it really stick out of the mass of ICOs.
VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 08:13:42 AM

Ok that sounds like something else. As I am waiting for the proof about Volkswagen I also saw that you have a partnership with uber. What exactly is this partnership about?

As we already wrote here before We are partnering with UBER and provide the special terms for car repair and maintenance on CarFix Platform. CarFix has API integration with UBER drivers interface.

themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:17:02 AM

Do VLB tokens comply with ERC-20/EIP-20 standard? Can they be transferred to an external ETH wallet?

Yes, VLB Token is based on Etherium ERC20 standard
Tokens can be sold on the exchange for ETH.

So, you will dont have own blockchain? Why in description you wrote: "VLB - The Ultimate Blockchain"  Huh

No, in the future, we will create our own blockchain.

The main reasons for creating your own blockchain are:
1) We do not want to depend on the ETH exchange rate and the gas price for confirmation of the transaction can become significant;
2) In blockchain Ethereum there is no way to ensure the confidentiality of private information.

Creating you own blockchain is very ambitious.

You will create it after ico and some time i guess. So probably you will have erc tokens and make a swap when blockchain is ready. Am i right?

I agree with you on that its quite ambitious to create your own blockchain but with the team that this project have and with the companies that supports them it's not impossible for them to create their own blockchain, they have the resources and the right funds to create a blockchain so they should probably create one. If this project will have its own blockchain, then it can really be a big advantage to its users, it can lessen fees and avoid worries that brings with the volatility of Ethereum. I didn't really find any information on the roadmap regarding creating a blockchain so is there any specific period of time that this will be possible? Because I think the best time to create a blockchain will be after the ico, in that way, the price of VLB can really skyrocket.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 08:27:15 AM

I agree with you on that its quite ambitious to create your own blockchain but with the team that this project have and with the companies that supports them it's not impossible for them to create their own blockchain, they have the resources and the right funds to create a blockchain so they should probably create one. If this project will have its own blockchain, then it can really be a big advantage to its users, it can lessen fees and avoid worries that brings with the volatility of Ethereum. I didn't really find any information on the roadmap regarding creating a blockchain so is there any specific period of time that this will be possible? Because I think the best time to create a blockchain will be after the ico, in that way, the price of VLB can really skyrocket.

Its in the end of Road map, 2018-2019 years. Please, check once again.

Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:46:32 AM

Very interesting approach with a real usecase, I like it.
In your screenshots are some typos, not a big thing, but you should change it if you have time:

in circle graphics: carmanufacturios
Blockchain Overview -> Car Factory -> Maintenace records

And I am also interested in the partnership with VW, are there more infos about it?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:53:37 AM

So you company exist for approximately 1 year and a half? So how many customers you have per month, if i get it correctly, you dont own those repair shops, you are just partners with them?

VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 09:38:43 AM

So you company exist for approximately 1 year and a half? So how many customers you have per month, if i get it correctly, you dont own those repair shops, you are just partners with them?

for the whole period its about 50 000+ customers. We can't say per month because the number is changing all the time.
Yes, we do not need to own these repair shops.

VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 09:49:40 AM

We are happy to announce that Igor Pesin became a part of our advisory board. Igor is a Partner at Life.SREDA VC, a global fintech & blockchain venture capital fund, headquartered in Singapore.

As an investment director at Life.SREDA Igor has executed more than 20 fintech deals across the globe – in the US, Europe, CIS and Asia. Life.SREDA's portfolio companies include well-know projects in the fintech space: Simple bank (sold to BBVA financial group), Moven, Fidor, Anthemis, SumUp, Allset, Rocketbank, Lenddo etc.

Igor also serves as a board member and an advisory board member at a number of companies such as SumUp (Germany), Allset (US), Fastacash (Singapore), SoftPay (Vietnam), Scorista (Russia), Lenddo (US), Ayannah (Philippines), Mobikon (India), Yolopay (Singapore).

Previous Igor’s background includes a mix of corporate and entrepreneurial experience: 5 years in management consulting and M&A (Strategy Partners Group, KPMG, IT businesses of JFK System) and 4 years as a serial entrepreneur, launching and managing startups in e-commerce and fintech.

Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:38:01 AM

An interesting tidbit in the VLB whitepaper:

Operations intrinsic to the blockchain with the interface developed by CarFix include: sale, insurance, warranty protection, emissions monitoring, repair and maintenance

I commend CarFix's effort to monitor emissions and increase transparency in the automotive industry.

In this regard I find it curious that VLB has partnered with Volkswagen Group, who have been less than willing to be transparent about emissions in the past years.
webwakko

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 10:39:22 AM

If this project will get www attention and is able to unfold it over the whole globe, this could be very very interesting.
glad I got my attention pointed out to this one.. following and extremely excited to read all about it.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:45:59 AM

i assume that the not sold tokens during the ico sale will be burned?

or do you not have planned this?
VLB_token (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 10:52:16 AM

i assume that the not sold tokens during the ico sale will be burned?

or do you not have planned this?

They will be destroyed.

Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:00:28 AM

I hope VLB can make a much needed change in Russia, but this does not give much hope.

A representative for the technical regulation agency noted that they have not run the environmental test on Volkswagen diesel cars and have no plans to do so, so the agency does not possess any data on violations.

https://www.rbth.com/business/2016/02/24/volkswagen-could-escape-punishment-for-dieselgate-in-russia_570395

Even if you can immutably store emissions data, provided they are reliable, there is still the government who do not take emissions seriously.

But hey, better than not trying at all.
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:37:29 AM

for the whole period its about 50 000+ customers. We can't say per month because the number is changing all the time.
Yes, we do not need to own these repair shops.

so you guys are basically building a franchise of sort , which the repair shops can adhere to.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: