Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:11:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pangolinminer & Whatsminer FAQs  (Read 25113 times)
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 08:17:21 PM

So, which is it? There is a lawsuit over the miner design, like you stated above, or the power supply circuit design?

Can you provide any source to these very speculative statements?

I said design, not miner design,

It's a bit odd that WhatsMiner has not sold anything directly for some time. You can only purchase from Pangolin and they are removing all branding from units and power supplies. They will not sell or ship to China, yet are located in China. Maybe the pending legal claims are why Kodak backed out of a purchase order if there is any truth to that either?

I apologize, beings that this thread is specific to the miner itself, I was under the impression that was the topic of your statement.

From what I could dig up, it appears the original designer(Yang) of Bitmain's "technology", who now works for his own company (bitwei)
and wants the rights for his invention:

Quote from:  from cryptovest
The technology, formerly created by Yang Zuoxing, former Bitmain director of design, is one of the keys making the Bitmain ASIC machines unique. But Zuoxing wants to revert ownership of the patent, and most probably use it to the benefit of his own company, Bitewei.

Reference to quote:

https://cryptovest.com/news/bitmain-patent-runs-out-will-this-change-the-face-of-mining/

Can't say that I blame Yang for wanting his work credited to him, nor would it be bad PR for his company.  Many mining companies
likely changed their business plans, because of the impending mining/electricity  restrictions coming out of China.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mgoz

Activity: 265
Merit: 232

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:40:52 PM

From what I could dig up, it appears the original designer(Yang) of Bitmain's "technology", who now works for his own company (bitwei)

Now that's speculative...lol. He is not listed as one of the inventors on the patent. There are 5 other individuals who are. The only reason he filed to have SIPO review and retract Bitmain's patent is because Chinese law gives you the opportunity to do so when you are sued for patent infringement. He said he didn't file it by choice, but in response to their lawsuit.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 08:56:36 PM

Now that's speculative...lol. He is not listed as one of the inventors on the patent. There are 5 other individuals who are. The only reason he filed to have SIPO review and retract Bitmain's patent is because Chinese law gives you the opportunity to do so when you are sued for patent infringement. He said he didn't file it by choice, but in response to their lawsuit.

I agree, it's ALL very speculative. I posted that link, to shed light on the other half of the different versions in Crypto Media.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
brenden2008

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:08:08 AM

hi i am kind of nervous about placing an order . Did anyone have to pay extra customs charges when delivering to UAE? Can someone please show me a tracking number with successful delivery so I can feel more comfortable about ordering. I can't afford to lose money or get scammed right now, my finances are pretty shitty.

i have an order shipment date 28th feb but has not been ship out yet, will update if i get the miners.
alikait

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:26:04 AM

hi i am kind of nervous about placing an order . Did anyone have to pay extra customs charges when delivering to UAE? Can someone please show me a tracking number with successful delivery so I can feel more comfortable about ordering. I can't afford to lose money or get scammed right now, my finances are pretty shitty.

Had two batches shipped out and waiting for the third.  Ordered for jan shipment, came a week late but no problem, ordered feb shipment and it came a week early.  Still waiting on march shipment but these guys are legit, customer service is pretty good too since I thought I had a busted power supply but it was user error.
mo750

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:41:16 AM

i have an order shipment date 28th feb but has not been ship out yet, will update if i get the miners.
my order was for feb batch too but they send the day before yesterday.two weeks delay!!!!
when i recieve my order i will update you
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 07:58:53 PM

hi i am kind of nervous about placing an order . Did anyone have to pay extra customs charges when delivering to UAE? Can someone please show me a tracking number with successful delivery so I can feel more comfortable about ordering. I can't afford to lose money or get scammed right now, my finances are pretty shitty.,

I can tell you from personal experience, there is no scam here. Go back a couple of pages, and you'll see pics of my machines. Also,
if you are "pinched" for money, mining may not be the best road to travel right now. I know some people call mining a passive income,
but there are things that will require your attention. Plus, 9 times out of 10, your electric bill will be due, before you can cash in BTC to
pay it. Either way, GOODLUCK!!!

ultimul

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:02:30 AM

team pangolinminer is not worth it; dont order the the first shipment available you'll never receive;
order the last batch and if you're lucky, doubt it, you'll have the miner;
and dont forget the shipping fee and paypal fee; which other dont have it;

really paypal fee? 100+ USD?
so the real price it not what you put in the cart
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 02:05:37 AM

team pangolinminer is not worth it; dont order the the first shipment available you'll never receive;
order the last batch and if you're lucky, doubt it, you'll have the miner;
and dont forget the shipping fee and paypal fee; which other dont have it;

really paypal fee? 100+ USD?
so the real price it not what you put in the cart

Blatantly false, and the other's don't have a PayPal fee BECAUSE THEY DON'T ACCEPT PAYPAL.

So go away troll...

ultimul

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:29:38 AM

seriously?
paypal fee when you receive money are 2.9%

1188 x 2.9% =34.54 they charge 102 (calculus for one, for 2 they charge 162, for 3 they want 208 and so on)

if they want those 65 difference , just put them in the price, on main page; ohhh, I know, would not look the same

fee or not fee the shipping problem remain: you pay 200 to have them shipped with first batch (7 days as displayed) and 3 weeks after there is no package in DHL only a label created;
looking at the 10$/ day lost in 3 weeks, another 210 on the drain;

why pay the priority shipping then? if they absolutely dont care? let the people know what they are dealing with, and order the lower priority with the minimal price;
they might get lucky and get couple days advance
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 03:03:14 AM

seriously?
paypal fee when you receive money are 2.9%

1188 x 2.9% =34.54 they charge 102 (calculus for one, for 2 they charge 162, for 3 they want 208 and so on)

if they want those 65 difference , just put them in the price, on main page; ohhh, I know, would not look the same

fee or not fee the shipping problem remain: you pay 200 to have them shipped with first batch (7 days as displayed) and 3 weeks after there is no package in DHL only a label created;
looking at the 10$/ day lost in 3 weeks, another 210 on the drain;

why pay the priority shipping then? if they absolutely dont care? let the people know what they are dealing with, and order the lower priority with the minimal price;
they might get lucky and get couple days advance

Always pays to do your own research (DYOR)

https://pangolinminer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004811794-Can-I-pay-with-Paypal-

https://www.paypal.com/hk/webapps/mpp/paypal-seller-fees

As far as late shipping, have you contacted the seller? DHL? What have the responses been?

stelee68

Activity: 684
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:07:53 AM

My M3 miner is arriving next Monday via DHL.

Just received email notification for this Dec pre-order.

Hope it won't get stuck in SG Custom like the last S9 i received via UPS.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction  
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine      
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch    

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
mo750

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:05:15 PM

Hello
Did any know UAE give extra customs charge for delivering m3?(and how match they give?
dirtmonster

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:41:41 PM

I ordered 2 M3's 2 weeks ago, received last week, they are averaging 11.75-12 TH and using ALOT of power lol

These are noisy AF, the power supply especially, I've muffled them effectively and they run 75-85 C

A little bird told me 16nm pangolin is supposed to be coming out this summer, I'll be interested in those
stelee68

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:29:55 PM

I ordered 2 M3's 2 weeks ago, received last week, they are averaging 11.75-12 TH and using ALOT of power lol

These are noisy AF, the power supply especially, I've muffled them effectively and they run 75-85 C

A little bird told me 16nm pangolin is supposed to be coming out this summer, I'll be interested in those

Hi, I've just received my M3 today too!

And yes, the PSU is noisy as fcuk. You mentioned that you are able to muffle the noise?

Care to share how you did it?

For me, I use the plastic cooler box lined with egg cartons and 5 inches air-hose (for both inlet & outlet) for the miner itself, and the PSU just siting on top of the cooler box.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction  
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine      
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch    

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 02:12:42 PM

Hi, I've just received my M3 today too!

And yes, the PSU is noisy as fcuk. You mentioned that you are able to muffle the noise?

Care to share how you did it?

For me, I use the plastic cooler box lined with egg cartons and 5 inches air-hose (for both inlet & outlet) for the miner itself, and the PSU just siting on top of the cooler box.

You might want to have a look at this project that philipma1957 did earlier  --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2245487.0

stelee68

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:31:12 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 08:26:40 PM by frodocooper

You might want to have a look at this project that philipma1957 did earlier  --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2245487.0

Yes I've watched those vids before. But the videos didn't cover the PSU(s). Just the miners.

This M3 miner's PSU is a little monster by itself. I really don't want to do a miniature version of cooler box just for the PSU...

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove multiple nested quotes.)

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
dirtmonster

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:46:23 PM
Merited by frodocooper (1)

This is how I muffle this noisy B#%#%

48 quart cooler from walmart
6" hole saw both sides

eggshell/aurelex on the base of the container

6" insulated ducting
duct tape

back the unit exhaust close to the exit hole and duct tape the duct to the fan creating a seal

front fan will have a cavity

fold aurelex/eggshell around the unit, use a razor to create a slit for the wires

PUT THE PSU IN THE COOLER
fan side toward the cool side
hot side toward exhaust BEHIND the aurelex around M3
put a small amount of aurelex between the PSU and the container edge(otherwise it will vibrate)

use two more pieces of eggshell/aurelex for the top of the cooler, make sure there is a cavity for PSU exhaust to go to cool side(it will exhaust hot air, but a miniscule amount)

insulated ducting on cool side with a filter on the edge(it will get dirty af)

I'll take some pics in a bit, once i make an exhaust box and send the heat outside I imagine sound will be completely silent
lossol

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:18:01 AM

Pangolinminer sent me an email tonight saying my miner was delivered, but I never received it. They never sent me an email on when it was shipping out either. I checked the DHL tracking and it said the miner was signed for and delivered today. Guess I have to call DHL tomorrow and find out where they actually delivered it to.
Now the M3s are being sold for a lot less with immediate delivery too. I shouldn't have bought it for $1600 in Jan. As I will never break even on it now as i don't have free power. I got too caught up in the mining craze in Jan. with no miners available then. Now every manufacturer has them available and they aren't flying off the shelves because BTC keeps going lower while the manufacturers have raised their prices 50% to 100+%.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 10:39:01 PM

Just got my whatsminer m3. I got the ip to come up and I have logged into the miner but there are no values I can change in the menu’s.

What am I doing wrong or is there something wrong with the whatsminer?

Also there are no values in the miner page. I can’t get it to show test data or anything?

Both of mine did the same thing. All was good after I entered my pool info (not the corporate default) and rebooted them.

Note: I dropped my internet after a power loss for about 12hrs, and the miners did not like that. I had to do a hard reset by pushing the
reset on the controller.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: