Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:33:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips on choosing the right ICO  (Read 3337 times)
lushlife

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:39:31 AM

Here's a helpful tip, stay away from a free ICO rating platform,
there has been many issue lately that ratings are being sold.
Be careful.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:08:59 AM

How to choose the right tips for choosing a good project?

To choosing a good project, you must choose a good peoples behind that projects.
I am usually find out peoples who manage that ICO, the team profile, the advisors, etc.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 08:44:57 AM

You should certainly screen the ico that your are participating first before making and investment with it. It is best to visit some ico review site to know if the ico that you are participating is legit and not a fake or scam project.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
guffie

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:56:51 AM

You can read on some ico review website, such as: icobench, icorating, monoico. I usually read on monoico, they always introduce many good ICO.

You should be able to make an analysis of the team and the project manager of the ICO. Lots of managers who are very good and can bring the project to success. Then you could see the look of the website and you should understand the whitepaper. If the website look very nice and visible token sales certainly were very nice. And for a good token sales certainly must have reached sales of the soft cap. With soft cap is reached the bounty hunter will get rewarded.
Pamplelune

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:38:41 PM

Here is my check-list when choosing ICO for Bounty or investment:

1) Country if ICO origin. Some eastern countries are an obvious red flag for me.
2) ICO team. Always Google as many team members as possible. Simple check of LinkedIn profiles is not enough.
In my opinion best teams are international ones.
3) Whitepaper. Google key statements and chapters of the Whitepaper to make sure are they unique. It takes certain amount of time, but allows to detect fragments stolen from other Whitepapers.
4) ICO ranking sites do not mean much for me, they wont refund my investments!
Always make your own research.
5) ICO idea and technology - is the last thing I check.
Remember, Bitcoin has slowest and the most expensive transactions, but it's still all time top CAP coin. Wink

Guxidem

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:32:22 PM

Mark white paper immediately to perceive an unquestionable divergence, since all data about ICO can be a fraud. WP gives the more information what is the assignment relenvancy and future advancement of the endeavor. For the most part don't join high best ICO in light of the way that an over the top number of coins regard will dumps once the coin impelled. Check associates in google.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:35:09 PM

Review the whitepaper, road map, and check the legitimacy of the team. We all know that there are a lot of scam ICOs nowadays and as an investors we do not want giving away free money. Some ICOs, even though legitimate, fail because of lack of good promotion and marketing strategy. Make sure to check everything before investing and choosing which ICO to support.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:39:06 PM

1) Country if ICO origin. Some eastern countries are an obvious red flag for me.
2) ICO team. Always Google as many team members as possible. Simple check of LinkedIn profiles is not enough.
3) Whitepaper. Google key statements and chapters of the Whitepaper to make sure are they unique. It takes certain amount of time, but allows to detect fragments stolen from other Whitepapers.
Remember, Bitcoin has slowest and the most expensive transactions, but it's still all time top CAP coin. Wink

Nice post Sir, well said. But I think you need to prioritize the number 5. Why? , cause is all about the idea and the service of course. We need to see if the ICO idea is in demand on your place or can caught the attention on the crypto market. But I agreed on you in "Bitcoin has slowest and the most expensive transaction" .  Overall, excellent post!
ethalliance

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:42:13 PM

My advice is to trust the ratings and advice of friends more. Sit on the forums. And find out the real situation. After all, any company wants to present itself from the very best side. So, that it will be easy to make a mistake in choosing
HalseyBert

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:46:32 PM

I would advise you to have to follow these steps:-

1.Check the rating site
2.Read the whitepaper and the roadmap
3.Research their team manager and the background
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:01:24 PM

There are a number of places to look at, like the Whitepaper, social media presence and the size of the community and interaction in their various media platform. They all give a tip of how the ICO is perceived among the crypto community.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:09:12 PM

The most important thing, besides obligatory the whitepaper reading, is research about the team. Qualified and experienced staff panel can guarantee the success of the project.
Pamplelune

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:38:10 PM

Nice post Sir, well said. But I think you need to prioritize the number 5. Why? , cause is all about the idea and the service of course. We need to see if the ICO idea is in demand on your place or can caught the attention on the crypto market. But I agreed on you in "Bitcoin has slowest and the most expensive transaction" .  Overall, excellent post!

Thank you.

Of course ICO should be based on some solid idea.
What I meant by 5) is that idea originality and uniqueness is not the key factor for ICO success.
I think that most of successful ICOs had such trivial ideas as:
- another blockchain, often based on existing one;
- another exchange, centralized or p2p;
- another mining, cloud or whatever;
- another POS stacking and masternodes,
- another wallet.

zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:37:14 AM

Depends on the ICO project.
Sometimes a good ICO project likes to end up with failure because of the developer team's mistakes.

Suppose the ICO PayPro project, they postpone the token listing for up to 1 year.
arifteguhr

Activity: 1246
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:38:49 AM

you can take me or not. but for now there are many ico who are successful because they all have new concepts and do not promise a money but technology or platform. they will be a big success

MOONBET[]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░         
[]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
[][]

> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
sabtu malam

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 02:40:36 AM

There is no special tips that, if I just have to be careful in reading project before you follow suit. The information should be very clear. And if it wants to secure, we recommend that you follow the project already softcap.
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:21:49 AM

Blog right on this topic: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/choosing-an-ico-common-pitfalls-of-scam-icos these are main things, but I guess we should look deeper, some experience and intuition is necessary.
The most important thing to me now is if the ico has escrows if it does not then there is not a way to control how much money the team is spending and in the case something goes wrong they can just disappear, so escrows are a must if you want to invest in a coin.
celakkenyang

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 02:23:50 AM

Make sure you see WP from the project. You will get information about the project and find out how the project works according to the roadmap.
Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:27:51 AM

Make sure you see WP from the project. You will get information about the project and find out how the project works according to the roadmap.
sometimes a good project with a complete and clear whitepaper is also not a proof that it will be successful and good. but maturity in terms of aspects of promotion and also the team is very important in ico.
Phophobobooo

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:01:13 AM

It is necessary to learn how to choose the most promising projects of ICO, relying only on their own knowledge and experience.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: