Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:43:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
walkdev

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:01:24 PM

Hacks do happen though. i hope this was the case.

Only problem with the hack excuse is there was nothing to hack.. there were no wallets to hack with coins in them yet so what could the hackers actually steal ?

I think the issue was to do with people using the same passwords for their ETN login as their email address - why else would Richard have asked users to change their email passwords first and then reset all the ETN passwords? My understanding is that if the hackers got in by hacking Yahoo and Hotmail accounts (among others), they could have also set up bots to withdraw the tokens as soon as the system went live.

That being the case, the team did exactly the right thing by postponing the release of the tokens.

My only question is to do with acing the blockchain go live before the token release - just my opinion, and for what it's worth, any tokens I have are never going to be sold in the short term - I think they should have postponed the whole thing until the system was fully up and running
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:06:23 PM

We shall see the release of our coins once the price is back to ICO level. This is exactly like the Regalcoin launch.

1. Botnet attacks the investors, so their funds are held for their own protection. But the blockchain is released, price skyrockets as only miners can get coins or wallets
2. New delays every few days, price starts dropping. People get angrier And FUD. This is where we are now.
3. Soon as it was ICO price, the hackers magically stopped, funds released, everyone dumps and the coin dies. The only one really make money was the devs off the investors. The hackers and botnet never existed.

Bet this is the same thing, we shall see. Almost back to ICO price.

I believe cafetools is on drugs. None of his posts make sense or have any facts in them
csmflynt3

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:11:15 PM

Did you read their announcements at all? The hackers managed to log in to accounts from stolen passwords from previous hacks. Fortunately they discovered that before releasing the wallets. If they had released them, the hackers would log in again and simply send the tokens to their wallets and sell them.

Well that is what I am saying the hackers had nothing to steal luckily. There is only one entity that can be accused of theft at this moment and we all know who that is..

BTC:1PRRFbgyBCDwg11HQvUnc2jV6QyYQdymrc
drzed

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:16:25 PM

Those wanting to make a quick profit are stuffed now. And they are mad. I suspect when people get their Electroneum there will be a minor sell panic and the price will go below 1 cent at which point people will start to buy but the price will probably stabilise at a low level for a while.

Some people will unload at a loss and later regret it.

As things stabilise and the marketing push starts the price will rise. The short term profit angle is now gone. These guys made 40mill because of the marketing side of things and that is what they are good at. So let's see what happens. I see the future as being potentially very bright. Probably the best thing to do if you have ETN is just walk away and come back in two or three months. It may also help you retain your sanity.

cryptokeh

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:18:52 PM

Those wanting to make a quick profit are stuffed now. I suspect when people get their Electroneum there will be a minor sell panic and the price will go below 1 cent at which point people will start to buy but the price will probably stabilise at a low level for a while.

Some people will unload at a loss and later regret it.

As things stabilise and the marketing push starts the price will rise. The short term profit angle is now gone. These guys made 40mill because of the marketing side of things and that is what they are good at. So let's see what happens. I see the future as being potentially very bright. Probably the best thing to do if you have ETN is just walk away and come back in two or three months. It may also help retain your sanity.

Agreed. I missed the time frame to invest, but I managed to mine quite a bit of ETN and sold them for ~10 cents each. I plan to buy as soon as prices are back at around 1 cent or even below that, and then hold for a looooooooong time.
Isaaq.Almaguer

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:34:20 PM

Did you read their announcements at all? The hackers managed to log in to accounts from stolen passwords from previous hacks. Fortunately they discovered that before releasing the wallets. If they had released them, the hackers would log in again and simply send the tokens to their wallets and sell them.

Well that is what I am saying the hackers had nothing to steal luckily. There is only one entity that can be accused of theft at this moment and we all know who that is..

what?? they did the responsible thing and didn't release the wallets until that issue is resolved. Would you rather they released the accounts to everyone allowing hackers to steal the money from the compromised accounts?
CryptoWhaler

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:42:22 PM

So is Monday the day that things will be released? Coins and apps!

I'd say Monday is the day they all get in the office from the weekend and work out whats really needed. Then a release later.

I doubt that they ever left the office, or slept. Times like this are crucial.

I am against it....I know that there are problems that happens....But people are people....And they deserve to rest...I have seen and heard that they work 20 or more hours....They are not our slaves....
They can release the coin 1 o 2 days later if needed, but those guys are human beings, i don't like this kind of things..
Problems happens and will happen , this doesn't mean that we have to crash the devs to the screen....
 Angry

I know for my job we don't leave stuff broken and go home . You work until it's fixed and if you don't like it maybe you will learn to perform better testing before implementation. That is what I do and I don't have anywhere near this amount of money on the line from my customers.

You better not wait to buy ETN, this will pump up so high, tons of people missed this ICO due to China FUD. It is a underbought coin. The development thus far has exceeded expectations. It has its own blockchain and mobile app now. Bittrex and Poloniex will be launching this month. It's also got the largest community of supporters 400k plus.

If everyone is wanting to buy why don't they it's under 3 cents right now they can buy as much as they want???

Am I missing something?

Buyers have smelled a dump and they are waiting for one.
When ICO ETNs are released, the supply will increase while demand is still same.
What do you think will happen?
Support will be below 1 cent. Mark my words.

cafetools

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:50:39 PM

I have joined mining Electroneum. It's very promising project, particularly for miners. Thanks devs for your amazing ideas.

Its incredible how well this coin is doing, it has it own blockchain! And its the first time %99 of people will be introduyced into mining.

Even more once mobile mining happens on Apple store app.

Its insane how much profit this coin will bring me, 50k I hope! Also its the #1 record for most community support ICO.

Its a serious coin with its own blockchain, Poloniex doesnt take ERC20 coins, They are extremley picky and only accept high quality coins that are not Ether bases. ETN has its own seruo.

Bittrex will follow Poloniex.

Hoddle long BTC (the mother) and a few others!
csmflynt3

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:54:23 PM

what?? they did the responsible thing and didn't release the wallets until that issue is resolved. Would you rather they released the accounts to everyone allowing hackers to steal the money from the compromised accounts?

Yeah actually because if you didn't use secure passwords and email accounts that is your own fault and why should everyone else lose their money because of some other person's stupidity? Explain that to me

And Why wasn't 2FA setup before launching ?

Pilchard
Copper Member

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:07:46 PM

Simple 2fa,  unique code via text to phone for each login would have avoided all this.

Even simpler,  upon registration a big old warning to have a long strong password with numbers, uppercase, lowercase and a few special characters....  And a Warning not to use a password you use anywhere else would also have sufficed.

Anyone who lost their coins would only have themselves to blame.
cafetools

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:07:46 PM

We understand you guys are bitter, lots of people have FOMO because they missed this ICO and are now buying on crypropia at 5x the ICO price.

When coins and mobile mining happens in the next days/ weeks we will see a massive PUMP!!!! Hurry and buy now at the 3-25 cent range while its still cheap!

CryptoVester

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 02:10:38 PM

Is it possible they are waiting for the price to go back down closer to ICO price before releasing the wallets in the hopes that less people will want to dump after releasing if the price is really low?

Minexcoin — A new era of payments. ||Trade. Park. Earn.|| The low volatility cryptocurrency.
Buy Coins || Earn Free Coins
DISCUSSION || Website || MinexBank
CryptoWhaler

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:14:34 PM

We understand you guys are bitter, lots of people have FOMO because they missed this ICO and are now buying on crypropia at 5x the ICO price.

When coins and mobile mining happens in the next days/ weeks we will see a massive PUMP!!!! Hurry and buy now at the 3-25 cent range while its still cheap!

I wish I could sell at those prices.
When ETN ICO is released, the whole net will be swarmed ETN tokens heading for the exchanges.
Unfortunately a mega dump is on the way when way too much supply exceeds demands.
Economics 101.

allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:15:27 PM

If everyone is wanting to buy why don't they it's under 3 cents right now they can buy as much as they want???

Am I missing something?

I'm waiting for it to go below ICO price before I start buying. Would not surprise me if it goes down to 100sat before it start slowly climbing up again.

cafetools

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:17:33 PM

Am I missing something?

I'm waiting for it to go below ICO price before I start buying. Would not surprise me if it goes down to 100sat before it start slowly climbing up again.

Its still 5-6x ico price which is a bargain. I would buy now before mobile mining happens and pumps it.

You will never see 1 cent ico price again hopfully.

Its a real project, it has its own blockchain.

CryptoWhaler

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:22:55 PM

When ETN ICO is released, the whole net will be swarmed ETN tokens heading for the exchanges.
Unfortunately a mega dump is on the way when way too much supply exceeds demands.
Economics 101.
yeap
there is a high risk for that.
Or maybe not, cause for sure people will not sell below ico...only idiots sell bellow ico
i think the minimum will be 0.01$ or max 0.008 .....if it goes below, i will buy too

Ordinary folks will not sell for less than 1 cent for sure.
What about the early big time investors who bought bitcoins worth of ETN + 50% bonus.
The 50% is free money and it is worth what the market will pay; at the moment not more than 3 cents but who knows when it goes to exchange.
It is this that worries me the most.

cafetools

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:28:33 PM

Economics 101.
yeap
there is a high risk for that.
Or maybe not, cause for sure people will not sell below ico...only idiots sell bellow ico
i think the minimum will be 0.01$ or max 0.008 .....if it goes below, i will buy too

ETN is way to popular to ever go below 1 cent. You are forgetting ETN got worldwide attention with it having the biggest online commuinity. It has the longest threads on these forums, and the most rigistered users signing up for ETN.

You are forgetting that it achieved all these records during China fud, which made the market tank during this ICO. The market has recovered just in time fo ETN to get released on major exchanges, and mobile mining APP on Google, and possibly apple store.

If your lucky you will hold ETN though its next all time high, shattering $1.00 is the next wave its heading for, it already hit 30 cents which means it 70x'ed a few days ago. This will be the next NEO! But better!

csmflynt3

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:34:48 PM

ETN is way to popular to ever go below 1 cent. You are forgetting ETN got worldwide attention with it having the biggest online commuinity. It has the longest threads on these forums, and the most rigistered users signing up for ETN.

You are forgetting that it achieved all these records during China fud, which made the market tank during this ICO. The market has recovered just in time fo ETN to get released on major exchanges, and mobile mining APP on Google, and possibly apple store.

If your lucky you will hold ETN though its next all time high, shattering $1.00 is the next wave its heading for, it already hit 30 cents which means it 70x'ed a few days ago. This will be the next NEO! But better!

promoting/marketing a product that does not work on release is actually not a good thing. the next Neo? It is nothing like Neo

felipeintheend

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:35:28 PM

Well... We can try predict the price, but we all know that it is up to the MARKET. No matter what we say or fight for... it's all up to the market. We can assume people are going to do a move to 'that way' or 'another way' but the reality is always other, and nobody can prevent or predict this.

So, let's wait til the wallets go online and the dev team works on their plans and then we can discuss what's going on behind Electroneum. Cheesy
CryptoVester

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 02:39:17 PM

Anyone else plan to buy if it hits 2 cents before they release the wallets?  Or you all just waiting to buy at 1 cent
after a possible dumb when wallets are released?  2 cents is my next target buy.

Minexcoin — A new era of payments. ||Trade. Park. Earn.|| The low volatility cryptocurrency.
Buy Coins || Earn Free Coins
DISCUSSION || Website || MinexBank
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: