Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:48:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
verylazyme

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:21:21 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 08:35:04 AM by verylazyme

I have launched the mobile mining app since 2 weeks. I received a little more than 31 ETN. They did sometimes accelerate the distribution of ETN. Maybe i can get 2.5-3 ETN each day. That's not bad compare to mine ETN with CPU. You are going to get less with CPU mining.

I am mining other coins for the moment. At start, ETN was very profitable to miners. But now it is difficult to get some profits.

Yes, i understand the concept of ETN. It is to distribute ETN to a majority of people. So they can understand how crypto coins work. And also make ETN a real money. People are going to be able to buy real things/services with ETN. They won't need to convert it into fiat money. It is going to be used firstly by the unbanking.

This is like mining in early days. But if it will hit a mobile phone critical mass (many people getting coins via mobile app) then the following thing will happen: daily airdrops will get you no coin (maybe fractions of a coin) or in order to satisfy the demand - new Etns will be generated and that will lower the price of existent coins (like inflation for fiat money). So this is not sustainable.

About the last paragraph from what you said, I agree with you.

Just out of curiosity what coins are you mining (if it is not a secret) ?
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:11:06 AM

I have launched the mobile mining app since 2 weeks. I received a little more than 31 ETN. They did sometimes accelerate the distribution of ETN. Maybe i can get 2.5-3 ETN each day. That's not bad compare to mine ETN with CPU. You are going to get less with CPU mining.

I am mining other coins for the moment. At start, ETN was very profitable to miners. But now it is difficult to get some profits.

Yes, i understand the concept of ETN. It is to distribute ETN to a majority of people. So they can understand how crypto coins work. And also make ETN a real money. People are going to be able to buy real things/services with ETN. They won't need to convert it into fiat money. It is going to be used firstly by the unbanking.

This is like mining in early days. But if it will hit a mobile phone critical mass (many people getting coins via mobile app) then the following thing will happen: daily airdrops will get you no coin (maybe fractions of a coin) or in order to satisfy the demand - new Etns will be generated and that will lower the price of existent coins (like inflation for fiat money). So this is not sustainable.

About the last paragraph from what you said, I agree with you.

Just out of curiosity what coins are you mining (if it is not a secret) ?
I don't think the price of ETN will get lower because new ETN are being created by miners. Because the miners are getting less and less ETN. They may also lower the ETN reward for the mobile app. And as more and more people are going to have ETN, the price won't decrease, but may increase. If ETN is really used by millions of people, ETN is going to be worth more money.

I am mining Bitcoin Private. It is not actually profitable, but i think the price may increase if Bitcoin price increase too (ETN may increase too). A lot of people are mining it now. Are you mining a coin now? And what coin?
pstraene

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:35:34 AM

how come the tokens from the smartphone miner on my wallet? does this work automatically? or do I have to send the token to the wallet? And does a certain amount of token have to be mixed in before I send it to the "mobile wallet"?
verylazyme

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:36:53 AM

I am mining Bitcoin Private. It is not actually profitable, but i think the price may increase if Bitcoin price increase too (ETN may increase too). A lot of people are mining it now. Are you mining a coin now? And what coin?

I've tried to mine btcp but I only have CPUs so for me it is not worth it. But btcp is a good investment.

Other tried mining btcp then it was not profiable to they switched back to mining other coins and then investing in btcp. I am curious what other coins they've mined.

Using CPUs I mine coins from here: https://easyhash.io/
Not using that pool, only the coin info. And moving from a coin to another if one depending on network hash rate. If total network hash rate drops for a coin then you can mine more of those coins.

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:43:02 AM

I've tried to mine btcp but I only have CPUs so for me it is not worth it. But btcp is a good investment.

Other tried mining btcp then it was not profiable to they switched back to mining other coins and then investing in btcp. I am curious what other coins they've mined.

Using CPUs I mine coins from here: https://easyhash.io/
Not using that pool, only the coin info. And moving from a coin to another if one depending on network hash rate. If total network hash rate drops for a coin then you can mine more of those coins.

For CPU mining, you can mine Unitus. It is easier to mine than ETN.
verylazyme

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:58:03 AM

For CPU mining, you can mine Unitus. It is easier to mine than ETN.

Thank you for the tip!
Digital Galaxy

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:09:47 PM

Hey guys, any ideas why the price is plunging?
Every week comes good news from electroneum.  team working on ways to incorporate ETN to pay for airtime, etc.
Highspeed123

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:33:54 PM

Hey guys, any ideas why the price is plunging?
Every week comes good news from electroneum.  team working on ways to incorporate ETN to pay for airtime, etc.

It's not just ETN though, it's the entire crypto market. Nothing is going to perform extraordinarily in the current bear market. ETN is young, nobody should be expecting instant gains. Not going to happen. Its likely that investors will suffer further losses, no matter what you invest in right now. Good news etc won't make much difference. When the market improves, ETN should also improve alongside it.
simonetti

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:34:41 PM

Quick comment on the latest QA

First of all, it takes some balls, for a live, and by the looks of it, unscripted session.

My final impression was, like in the start and Richard also mentioned it, that this project was an experiment and almost a victim of its own success. And the team is open to admit, that the tech side of the coin is not their strong point, just following monero every step, no desire to make any tech revolution in blockchain technology, enough other companies.

For real world use, no one really cares what blockchain is. They developed a cool way of coin airdrops, which is becoming more and more popular. The important fact is, that the air time providers will get a provision from introducing the coin to their users, because their margain is very low, and any income helps.

Considering, that there is no real marketing yet, the adoption is going on nicely. When the legal matters are finalised, the airtime providers will start texting their users and promote the coin.

As for mobile mining, it is designed to mine a couple of dollars per month per user, for the next 14 years @10.000.000 users.

About ASIC mining, it doesnt really matter who mines tbe coin, they will just follow monero, which is best thing to do, they are much better in other areas, then BC tech.

Apple is not yet in favor of crypto, they also had a bit of a fiasko in that area, so the delay is reasonable.

I like the "lightning" idea for purchases, because monero network is never going to be fast enough for instant payments.

Again, they used and abused the blockchain bandwagon for a very good idea to access a whole new way of marketing, promotion, and reach to users.

I hope it all makes a bit sense Smiley
Notin2

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:38:42 PM

I have also tried to mine etn on my mobile but i have decided to give it a break because i see it as a waste of time and do damage to my device.

I think i will continue only when i have a higher spec device, am using my old LG g3 with 2gig ram and i can only get 7Hs/s which sometimes reduce to 5hs/s which gives me 1etn 1-3days, but someone i know with 4gig of ram device mined up to 8+ etn in a week, he gets up to 11Hs/s or 12 sometimes.

Bottom line is have a high end device will be more reasonable to mine etn, i think mobile mining consums less electricity and also less expensive than cpu or gpu mining imo
Highspeed123

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:42:28 PM

I have also tried to mine etn on my mobile but i have decided to give it a break because i see it as a waste of time and do damage to my device.

I think i will continue only when i have a higher spec device, am using my old LG g3 with 2gig ram and i can only get 7Hs/s which sometimes reduce to 5hs/s which gives me 2etn 1-3days, but someone u know with 4gig of ram device mined up to 8+ etn in a week,

Bottom line is have a high end device will be more reasonable to mine etn, i think mobile mining consums less electricity and also less expensive than cpu or gpu mining imo

It won't damage your device, as after the initial bench mark it is simulating mining and not actually doing it. So no resources needed. Maybe a small amount of battery drain for having the app running 24/7. Think of it as an airdrop rather than a miner. Your choice of phone does matter though, the more powerful and recent the better.
Highspeed123

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:43:34 PM

Quick comment on the latest QA

First of all, it takes some balls, for a live, and by the looks of it, unscripted session.

My final impression was, like in the start and Richard also mentioned it, that this project was an experiment and almost a victim of its own success. And the team is open to admit, that the tech side of the coin is not their strong point, just following monero every step, no desire to make any tech revolution in blockchain technology, enough other companies.

For real world use, no one really cares what blockchain is. They developed a cool way of coin airdrops, which is becoming more and more popular. The important fact is, that the air time providers will get a provision from introducing the coin to their users, because their margain is very low, and any income helps.

Considering, that there is no real marketing yet, the adoption is going on nicely. When the legal matters are finalised, the airtime providers will start texting their users and promote the coin.

As for mobile mining, it is designed to mine a couple of dollars per month per user, for the next 14 years @10.000.000 users.

About ASIC mining, it doesnt really matter who mines tbe coin, they will just follow monero, which is best thing to do, they are much better in other areas, then BC tech.

Apple is not yet in favor of crypto, they also had a bit of a fiasko in that area, so the delay is reasonable.

I like the "lightning" idea for purchases, because monero network is never going to be fast enough for instant payments.

Again, they used and abused the blockchain bandwagon for a very good idea to access a whole new way of marketing, promotion, and reach to users.

I hope it all makes a bit sense Smiley

Nice summary and thoughts about what was said. Thanks.
Lordas

Activity: 142

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:44:51 PM

It was very painful when I have sold my several thousands ETN for 0.05US, when I could do this for 0.20 earlier.. But at least got something. I have expected more from this project, now seems that devs come to the point they planned and..? Nothing, all was done, time to gather toys and go to other sandbox.
Highspeed123

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:53:05 PM

It was very painful when I have sold my several thousands ETN for 0.05US, when I could do this for 0.20 earlier.. But at least got something. I have expected more from this project, now seems that devs come to the point they planned and..? Nothing, all was done, time to gather toys and go to other sandbox.

So you cashed out all your crypto then? Seeing as everything is in the same boat. Its not the project, its the market. It is still extremely early days for Electroneum too, don't expect so much so soon.

You were very negative about ETN from the very beginning, I'm surprised you still had any to sell. I would have sold a long time ago if I didn't believe in it.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion of course, but you can't make out that ETN is the only coin suffering right now. I have multiple investments with a fair few top 50 market cap projects and I have losses in all of them.
Lordas

Activity: 142

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:10:20 PM

You are true as priest  - I was very optimistic in October, November, late to IPO, but bought many then and start mining. Then devs started to struggle and optimism started wiping out. There were intentions to include vendors and points where we all can use ETN's directly - that was rare project where coin was made or intended to smth not for itself. Then missed point with BTC and ETN price drop. All became more pesimistic when devs struggled to enter even exchanges... what Cryptopia do I do not understand at all. I always thought that mobile mining is just a joke or like a game, even it would be real. ANd now no real plans for the future... ASICs will ruin network for sure and nobody cares, if the coin become POS why so much work on mobile mining etc..

BTW having BTC currently also not very big fun, at least drop not so big. So I will follow this coin and if devs provide or just will be good news on the market - get back fast, no loss in any case.
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:40:27 PM

So where is a desktop wallet?
fraidycat19

Activity: 187

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:46:19 PM

You are true as priest  - I was very optimistic in October, November, late to IPO, but bought many then and start mining. Then devs started to struggle and optimism started wiping out. There were intentions to include vendors and points where we all can use ETN's directly - that was rare project where coin was made or intended to smth not for itself. Then missed point with BTC and ETN price drop. All became more pesimistic when devs struggled to enter even exchanges... what Cryptopia do I do not understand at all. I always thought that mobile mining is just a joke or like a game, even it would be real. ANd now no real plans for the future... ASICs will ruin network for sure and nobody cares, if the coin become POS why so much work on mobile mining etc..

BTW having BTC currently also not very big fun, at least drop not so big. So I will follow this coin and if devs provide or just will be good news on the market - get back fast, no loss in any case.

All coins all red, but seems that ETN is going down as hard as it can after Richard interview. He`s point of view regarding ASIC is not as strong as it should be. There is no clear statement that ETN will do everything in their power to eliminate ASICs from mining. Look at IPBC price, for example, after they stated that ASIC has no place in mining their coin.

I think GPU miners do the right thing by dumping coins and leaving the network.
poiseulle

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Provide high-quality Chinese translation

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:50:25 PM

All coins all red, but seems that ETN is going down as hard as it can after Richard interview. He`s point of view regarding ASIC is not as strong as it should be. There is no clear statement that ETN will do everything in their power to eliminate ASICs from mining. Look at IPBC price, for example, after they stated that ASIC has no place in mining their coin.

I think GPU miners do the right thing by dumping coins and leaving the network.

eliminating ASICs can provide a more decentralized environment
KimberlyGB

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:27:23 PM

The coin already had many difficulties and at the time of ICO and has now, I hope the team will be able to overcome all the problems.
verylazyme

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:58:15 PM

All coins all red, but seems that ETN is going down as hard as it can after Richard interview. He`s point of view regarding ASIC is not as strong as it should be. [...]

Etn was going down before Richard interview.

I still blame Cryptopia, the largest Etn trading platform in part for Etn going down (besides btc going down and affecting the other coins), and maybe Etn team not being able to list Etn in other exchanges and communicate ppl that there are issues with Cryptopia and recommend other exchanges.

Even stocks.exchange which has an obsolete/weird interface it is working properly and is cheap to your coin at.
You need many / healthy working exchanges. Look at Doge, they are everywhere. Doge is not expensive but is kind of stable. They also have lots of coins so I don't expect Doge to be 1$ never ever.

Richard was fair in his interview, he was kind of honest and assuring ppl that they will follow Monero is not a bad thing. Time will tell how well they will follow Monero regarding ASIC issue.

Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: