Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:55:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
verylazyme

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:06:09 PM

Ofcourse it's an airdrop, but they prefer to call it "mining simulation", which is fine by me!
Also, this kind of "airdrop" makes very good sense: Since the team is aiming to strike deals with companies from the mobile world, they need to offer something in the negotiations. That "something" will be phone users with ETN coins waiting to be spent, even if they're not miners with expensive rigs.
But this plan is linked to the price of ETN.

Yeah but somehow simulation word got lost along the way, everybody says they mine using their phone. Some of them even don't know they don't actually mine.
KimberlyGB

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:12:58 PM

Ofcourse it's an airdrop, but they prefer to call it "mining simulation", which is fine by me!
Also, this kind of "airdrop" makes very good sense: Since the team is aiming to strike deals with companies from the mobile world, they need to offer something in the negotiations. That "something" will be phone users with ETN coins waiting to be spent, even if they're not miners with expensive rigs.

Yeah but somehow simulation word got lost along the way, everybody says they mine using their phone. Some of them even don't know they don't actually mine.

What's the difference, let it be a marketing reception, but if it is convenient to exchange coins - they can become very popular.
kepas

Activity: 426
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:33:21 PM

awesome news:

Electroneum is pleased to announce that Andre Patta is joining the team to focus on the development of our blockchain technology.
Andre has a huge amount of experience as a corporate software engineer working with companies such as Ericsson, and has spent much of his time in recent years working on the interaction of decentralised technology with the financial sector. He has worked extensively with the blockchain technologies of Ethereum and Monero, and the skills he has developed will be invaluable to us as we ensure that our blockchain is fully ready for mass adoption. His full experience and skillset can be seen on his LinkedIn profile here.
We have been highly impressed with Andre's contributions to the project as a member of the community and are delighted that he has agreed to become a fully fledged member of the Electroneum team. As well as assisting and advising our blockchain development, his role will involve liaising with the community from a technology perspective - improving our transparency on that front by holding a continuous dialogue with our passionate contributors, miners, holders and traders.
This is a community project, and working with Andre we are looking forward to involving our community more closely in the technological development of Electroneum. The dialogue we establish will predominantly take place through the Reddit community as well as on GitHub, and we are also looking at creating a new section of our website specifically for technological discussion.
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:10:22 PM

I've a friend who has several, yes several, phones "mining" ETN and another altcoin 'SweatCoin' and it took me several goes to explain to him that it's not mining but that it's really only an airdrop..I think he finally understood.
Highspeed123

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:14:51 PM

awesome news:

Electroneum is pleased to announce that Andre Patta is joining the team to focus on the development of our blockchain technology.
Andre has a huge amount of experience as a corporate software engineer working with companies such as Ericsson, and has spent much of his time in recent years working on the interaction of decentralised technology with the financial sector. He has worked extensively with the blockchain technologies of Ethereum and Monero, and the skills he has developed will be invaluable to us as we ensure that our blockchain is fully ready for mass adoption. His full experience and skillset can be seen on his LinkedIn profile here.
We have been highly impressed with Andre's contributions to the project as a member of the community and are delighted that he has agreed to become a fully fledged member of the Electroneum team. As well as assisting and advising our blockchain development, his role will involve liaising with the community from a technology perspective - improving our transparency on that front by holding a continuous dialogue with our passionate contributors, miners, holders and traders.
This is a community project, and working with Andre we are looking forward to involving our community more closely in the technological development of Electroneum. The dialogue we establish will predominantly take place through the Reddit community as well as on GitHub, and we are also looking at creating a new section of our website specifically for technological discussion.

This is indeed great news, I have seen many complaints here about the team's lack of development skills, looks like they have the solution. Bit by bit they are assembling a strong team to match their huge ambitions. It is still very early days for ETN, I believe they will go from strength to strength and they keep proving that they do listen to the community and that they know where they want to take Electroneum.
Tehnewbie

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:53:04 PM

I posted this question in one other similar area but it fits here too I think for ETN

Newb post here: The new hardfork will fix the issue that is allowing for the network attacks?

ETN is on the few coins I mine (all cryptonight) and I have not found a clear answer. Will a dev be able to give me a answer so I am sure?
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:11:25 PM

I posted this question in one other similar area but it fits here too I think for ETN

Newb post here: The new hardfork will fix the issue that is allowing for the network attacks?

ETN is on the few coins I mine (all cryptonight) and I have not found a clear answer. Will a dev be able to give me a answer so I am sure?

I'm not a dev, but yes, hardfork will again make ASIC mining impossible for this algo. Now everybody is waiting for XMR team (cause Electroneum is basically a Monero fork) to develop a solution, and then ETN team will implement it.
allwithpassion

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:21:42 PM

Where can I submit fan art xD
MaryAngela_Fantocci

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:49:36 PM

I'm not a dev, but yes, hardfork will again make ASIC mining impossible for this algo. Now everybody is waiting for XMR team (cause Electroneum is basically a Monero fork) to develop a solution, and then ETN team will implement it.
That is nice, because my imo - basic isn't good for decentralization. But what about FPGA? Does anybody use SPARTAN or something like to mine ETN?

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
PainKiller1986

Activity: 202

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:51:33 AM

Guys,

How can i calc a fix difficulty for mining?

20*hashrate is ok?
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:01:05 AM

Will ETN be forking to mitigate the damage done to GPU miners by the Cryptonight ASICs coming onto market ?
I've been scrolling back through the posts and Googling but can't find any definative answer, and if it is forking which mining apps will/are availble to mine the new fork ?
murgorx

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:09:10 AM

Will ETN be forking to mitigate the damage done to GPU miners by the Cryptonight ASICs coming onto market ?
I've been scrolling back through the posts and Googling but can't find any definative answer, and if it is forking which mining apps will/are availble to mine the new fork ?

+1 on this. Isn't there an official announcement from the ETN team regarding this issue? Or they have not yet commented on it, which in my humble opinion, speaks a lot for the future of the coin!
XmasJohn08

Activity: 459
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:07:50 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 04:36:41 PM by XmasJohn08

We are pleased to announce that Luckygames starts accepting Electroneum (ETN)
This is an incredible novelty, let's wait for more news like this, Thank you admin for the news.

100% SCAM but not because I lose 1k because I try another 9k, I can say only one word about this Luckygames, SCAM.

simonetti

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:48:57 PM

Yes, asic resistance and network attacks are a priority. They have made the asic resistance and many other updates to the blockchain, now it is just a matter of time, when will it be implemented.
Krakatoa87

Activity: 113

Akroma.ovh | Ether1.ovh EU/US/ASIA Mining Pools

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:33:21 PM

Electroneum is probably under a 51% attack right now. Someone may be trying to double spend. Avoid making transactions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/88wbkv/electroneum_is_probably_under_a_51_attack_right/

I've read the entire reddit thread and some others on this subject. All I can say is that there's nothing new at all, all this things are happening since mid-january, as a (small) pool owner I've noticed it soon and posted it, but nobody cared...

Hello, I have 2 important questions that should concern every ETN miners and users, and I hope I will have answers!

1/ Where the hell are more than half of the network hashrate? If it's in only one place, it should be a big concern for everybody (especially regarding question 2).

2/ How is it possible that some blocks appears to be mined many minutes before other blocks that have a lower high.

For example: block 124870 https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/block/b8869738a22d0dc1c7ec0dfbf70ba3e2e08fc0fe9b952d98f851549fc1564012 was mined 40 minutes before block 124869 https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/block/e5cac39f32ac6178addc758af4e0250dec28d674251f1925d7af4f3bbd3fcba5 which should not be possible. In fact, it appears that block 124870 was mined directly after block 124840 https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/block/b480c6221526c210510b076124bde7463a743b5a2356666db03e48cc68cc91eb
This phenomenon has been occurring several times a day for the past few days.

It's very worrying.

1/ https://etn.nanopool.org/ + https://etn.spacepools.org/ > 50%

2/ A block can only be added at the end of the blockchain, so they are always mined in order, that means the dates are simply wrong. A blockchain has no time consensus, so the dates dont need to be accurate, the only "time consensus" a blockchain has is the heigt. Thats why updates will be released at a block height X and not at a time X. Im not sure how they measure the timestamp on a transaction but i asume the miner just puts his server timestamp in, which dont has to be accurate at all.

I assume you thinking about 51% attacks. With those attacks you can replace the block by mining with more then 50% hashrate, but you keep them secret. So you wouldnt see the increased difficulty anyway ,because the solved blocks would not be released to the global blockchain. After time X you will always have the longer blockchain (because you solved more blocks) wich is accepted by the global blockchain, so you would just suddenly see the end of the blockchain removed and replaced with something else. But even these added blocks will be in chronological order.

So lets say a big company which owns a lot of hashing power makes a deal with nanopool (or they get hacked by the company). You would first see a huge decrease in difficulty, because nanopool would be not releasing their blocks, but they could keep the miners in the dark about it, give them all the money they want, because its gona be reversed anyway. Then they make their scam deals and release the longer blockchain, which would be accepted globaly. Not to easy but since their is a lot of centralization with ETN mining (most of it because of lack of knowlege) it is not impossible. In the beginning of ETN mining one pool even had 97% of the hashing power.

TL;DR The timestamp is not reliable, only the block height is and its impossible to add blocks inbetween
1/ Well most of the time it is barely >50% or <50%

2/Ok that make sense. But what I also find disturbing is, from what I saw, these blocks with a wrong timestamp never have any user's transaction in them...

sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:32:41 PM

@Krakatoa87 Thanks for this info!

So what why do you think all those empty blocks with wrong timestamp are generated? Also when it happened, I couldn't sync with blockchain because I was getting new top block candidates all the time, now it's over.
Freaks
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:36:42 PM

We are pleased to announce that Luckygames starts accepting Electroneum (ETN)
This is an incredible novelty, let's wait for more news like this, Thank you admin for the news.

100% SCAM but not because I lose 1k because I try another 9k, I can say only one word about this Luckygames, SCAM.

This is your own if you are not a responsible person what you think gambling sites gives you guarantee to win every time there. If you don't understand the risk which are involve than never play on any gambling site.
PainKiller1986

Activity: 202

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:57:30 PM

Electroneum is probably under a 51% attack right now. Someone may be trying to double spend. Avoid making transactions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/88wbkv/electroneum_is_probably_under_a_51_attack_right/

I've read the entire reddit thread and some others on this subject. All I can say is that there's nothing new at all, all this things are happening since mid-january, as a (small) pool owner I've noticed it soon and posted it, but nobody cared...

Hello, I have 2 important questions that should concern every ETN miners and users, and I hope I will have answers!

1/ Where the hell are more than half of the network hashrate? If it's in only one place, it should be a big concern for everybody (especially regarding question 2).

2/ How is it possible that some blocks appears to be mined many minutes before other blocks that have a lower high.

For example: block 124870 https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/block/b8869738a22d0dc1c7ec0dfbf70ba3e2e08fc0fe9b952d98f851549fc1564012 was mined 40 minutes before block 124869 https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/block/e5cac39f32ac6178addc758af4e0250dec28d674251f1925d7af4f3bbd3fcba5 which should not be possible. In fact, it appears that block 124870 was mined directly after block 124840 https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/block/b480c6221526c210510b076124bde7463a743b5a2356666db03e48cc68cc91eb
This phenomenon has been occurring several times a day for the past few days.

It's very worrying.

1/ https://etn.nanopool.org/ + https://etn.spacepools.org/ > 50%

2/ A block can only be added at the end of the blockchain, so they are always mined in order, that means the dates are simply wrong. A blockchain has no time consensus, so the dates dont need to be accurate, the only "time consensus" a blockchain has is the heigt. Thats why updates will be released at a block height X and not at a time X. Im not sure how they measure the timestamp on a transaction but i asume the miner just puts his server timestamp in, which dont has to be accurate at all.

I assume you thinking about 51% attacks. With those attacks you can replace the block by mining with more then 50% hashrate, but you keep them secret. So you wouldnt see the increased difficulty anyway ,because the solved blocks would not be released to the global blockchain. After time X you will always have the longer blockchain (because you solved more blocks) wich is accepted by the global blockchain, so you would just suddenly see the end of the blockchain removed and replaced with something else. But even these added blocks will be in chronological order.

So lets say a big company which owns a lot of hashing power makes a deal with nanopool (or they get hacked by the company). You would first see a huge decrease in difficulty, because nanopool would be not releasing their blocks, but they could keep the miners in the dark about it, give them all the money they want, because its gona be reversed anyway. Then they make their scam deals and release the longer blockchain, which would be accepted globaly. Not to easy but since their is a lot of centralization with ETN mining (most of it because of lack of knowlege) it is not impossible. In the beginning of ETN mining one pool even had 97% of the hashing power.

TL;DR The timestamp is not reliable, only the block height is and its impossible to add blocks inbetween
1/ Well most of the time it is barely >50% or <50%

2/Ok that make sense. But what I also find disturbing is, from what I saw, these blocks with a wrong timestamp never have any user's transaction in them...

Small pool? probably is one of the biggest or the big one
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:58:08 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 08:36:09 PM by contraband

There is no attack its appril 1 joke. Dont panic . Angry

Unfortunately it's not April fool's joke. This is happening right now, but the attackers may not have enough hashpower to make double spendings. Read the Reddit thread, all info is there, and I know the team is working to put this to end.

Post any info on the possibility of "double spend"here or it didnt happen, because I dont see this as real whatsoever.

That is a HUGE jump to base on a "reddit thread"

Pure 100% FUD

You posted the link on your previous post, knowing most are not going to click on it.

Post the actual text.

[snip]

Why do you take it so personal? You can check it on the ETN explorer for youself or just launch the blockchain and see what's going on. Possibility of that kind of attack and double spend with ASICs is real, and not only for Electroneum. And why most wouldn't click? Huh I'm not gonna quote the whole reddit thread if you can just go there and read it...

As for the devs, I asked about this situation on telegram and was informed by community members that team knows about it.

Seriously, take it easy. I'm holding ETN too.

BTW Very good news from Cryptopia!

Personal? What are you talking about?

Lanuch explorer? Nothing AT ALL there to see.

Not gonna post the "whole Reddit Thread" LOL I wouldnt call that a "whole"

You said to go read it all for yourself, that it was "all there"

There is NOTHING THERE showing anything that would lead someone to believe that someone could EVEN COME CLOSE TO ENOUGH HASH POWER TO MOUNT A 51% ATTACK.

AGAIN, THE THREAD YOU REFERENCES HAS N-O-T-H-I-N-G WHICH IS WHY YOU WONT PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE!!

Tell me this. Since you say there is proof someone "may" have the hashpower to mount a 51% attack within this magical thread, post the part of thread where there is evidence of this.

Anyone who has read this knows it goes like this.

Person A: guys someone has enough hashpower to mount a 51% attack

Person B: Thanks for the info Person A

Person C: how would ETN recover from this?

Person D: it doesnt

Person E: hard fork

Person X, Y, and Z: OMG ETN IS DEAD

Paraphrasing and over simplfied, sure, but you get the idea

A BIG FAT N-O-T-H-I-N-G BURGER!!!!

FUD FAIL

LMFAO again

Guys, I have said that I will not delete opinions, etc

But that I will delete posts where someone posts lies as FACT to mislead the community

I didnt delete this because I wanted everyone to see how this works.

Usually, YES, I would just delete something like this and ban the guy (sud, last warning) if he keeps it up
simonetti

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:45:27 PM

The price is low enough, so smoke, mirrors and FUD are no longer needed, job done. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: