Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:38:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
ChaozX

Activity: 101
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:07:22 PM

Do we have some news that I missed that got the price up?
I cant explain to myself what it the reason for this sudden climb.
I am a bit sceptical because I might be just a pump and you all know what comes after that...

You can watch in the sideline to be safe. and buy after all settled
kepas

Activity: 426
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:14:14 PM

I am a bit sceptical because I might be just a pump and you all know what comes after that...

yes, you may be missed news on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/electroneum/posts/
its about first steps into mass adoption.
You can purchase goods with ETN at new partner MGX:
https://megaxstore.com/blogs/news/electroneum-now-accepted-at-megaxstore
kepas

Activity: 426
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:14:58 PM

maybe HF electroneum 1etn = 1etnx

no, it is not.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:35:53 PM

no, it is not.
Price is increasing because of Megaxstore partnership. It is an online shop in Singapore. They accept ETN as payment. Look at the page 289.
KimberlyGB

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:55:26 PM

no, it is not.
Price is increasing because of Megaxstore partnership. It is an online shop in Singapore. They accept ETN as payment. Look at the page 289.
I hope this is only the very beginning of the news, and there will be other news that will lead to the real price of the coin.
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:17:40 PM

Wow, that is a strong reaction. What do we do now?
ChaozX

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:11:16 PM

Buy ETN with everything you got  Grin
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:14:44 PM

BTW, does anybody have any idea at all that from what fund (or from what ETN reserves) they're rolling out the mobile mining payouts, since it's not the actual mining (according to the app details)? Roll Eyes

Took me a bit to find this from the first pages of this thread, but they were part of the 12.6 billion pre-mined coins (to cover ICO investors and mobile mining pool):

Hi
contraband any action by dev coz i saw in block1 someone mining 12 B etn. its 50% our max supply and will disturb etn grow.
Look unfair for loyal investor.
Help to bring it to dev team.

21 Billion Total

12.6 premine
  8.6 mobile mining pool estimate
  5 investors estimate

8.4 left on blockchain
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:17:25 PM
Merited by contraband (1)

In other news, the weekly blog update is out. They cover the app update, mobile miner, new exchanges, etc.

"Exciting news! Our weekly blog update is now out and available for you to read- take a look at this link to see what the ETN team have been up to and catch up on some juicy insider info; https://electroneum.com/2018/05/04/new-weekly-update/"

EDIT: Copying and pasting it here for those who don't want to click on the link:

"Hi everyone we’re keen to keep you updated with everything going on at Electroneum, moving forward we will release a weekly update doing just that.

This week we have a couple of key announcements; one big milestone, a set of nice photos and some exciting new partnerships and listings, helping us move closer to mass adoption one step at a time.

App update
We’ve listened to you- the community and thanks to your great feedback we’ve further developed the app to easily track and notify you of your Miner pay-outs. Your Mobile Miner has additional functions- we have new visual notifications on your wallet progress which include; payment received, payment processing and payment queued-so that you know your pay-outs are secure.

100,000 Mobile Miners & 1.25m Users
Adding to the update above ETN hit 100,000 mobile miners for the first time since the app went live and we now have 1.25m confirmed users. We’ve done this without any marketing. Marketing will begin as soon as we launch our instant payment system, allowing vendors to accept ETN easily, and instantly. This is our first milestone of mass adoption. We are going to make cryptocurrency widely and easily accepted and you are all part of that!

New exchanges
We have been listed on three new exchanges; these exchanges will provide another platform for the community to buy and exchange- we look forwards to welcoming new investors as ETN continues to grow;

Altex
Cryptonit
LetsDoCoinz

The Real Company launch commemorative silver ETN coin
To celebrate last year’s record-breaking ICO, her company, The Real Coin Company, has created a collectible silver coin made of 1 troy oz. pure silver bearing the ETN logo!  These collector’s coins are on sale now. Only a small number of coins are being minted before the dies will be destroyed, so if you’re interested in celebrating our ICO and owning a valuable collector’s coin (the first ever ICO Commemorative coin), I suggest you check it out here: https://therealcoincompany.com

As part of the collector’s coin offering, The Real Company will be giving 10% of every purchase to a very special charity: https://www.charitywater.org/

MegaXStore
Exciting news! Electroneum is now being used by another online retailer –  MGX, one of the first in our mass adoption campaign. They are eagerly awaiting our instant payment option to make the checkout even more slick!

You can purchase goods with ETN at their store just like you would with any fiat currency! MGX has already traded ETN daily since launch. See here for more details on this exciting new venture:

And finally…
You’ve been asking for this for a long time – now you get to see our lovely faces! You will now notice a number of additions to our team members – Meet the team

ETN is, as always, an incredible community, each step in our progress is one that you take with us, your feedback and support help us to grow, have a fantastic weekend, we’ll catch up with you again next week for more updates.

The Electroneum Team."

(Meet the team link as it was not working when I copied / pasted: https://electroneum.com/team/)

operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:17:48 PM

no, it is not.

ETN deserve it, they immediately lead to more spikes, what other partner partners will support ETN as payment? We will see later.
dothihanh1811

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:23:58 PM

In other news, the weekly blog update is out. They cover the app update, mobile miner, new exchanges, etc.

"Exciting news! Our weekly blog update is now out and available for you to read- take a look at this link to see what the ETN team have been up to and catch up on some juicy insider info; https://electroneum.com/2018/05/04/new-weekly-update/"

EDIT: Copying and pasting it here for those who don't want to click on the link:

"Hi everyone we’re keen to keep you updated with everything going on at Electroneum, moving forward we will release a weekly update doing just that.

This week we have a couple of key announcements; one big milestone, a set of nice photos and some exciting new partnerships and listings, helping us move closer to mass adoption one step at a time.

App update
We’ve listened to you- the community and thanks to your great feedback we’ve further developed the app to easily track and notify you of your Miner pay-outs. Your Mobile Miner has additional functions- we have new visual notifications on your wallet progress which include; payment received, payment processing and payment queued-so that you know your pay-outs are secure.

100,000 Mobile Miners & 1.25m Users
Adding to the update above ETN hit 100,000 mobile miners for the first time since the app went live and we now have 1.25m confirmed users. We’ve done this without any marketing. Marketing will begin as soon as we launch our instant payment system, allowing vendors to accept ETN easily, and instantly. This is our first milestone of mass adoption. We are going to make cryptocurrency widely and easily accepted and you are all part of that!

New exchanges
We have been listed on three new exchanges; these exchanges will provide another platform for the community to buy and exchange- we look forwards to welcoming new investors as ETN continues to grow;

Altex
Cryptonit
LetsDoCoinz

The Real Company launch commemorative silver ETN coin
To celebrate last year’s record-breaking ICO, her company, The Real Coin Company, has created a collectible silver coin made of 1 troy oz. pure silver bearing the ETN logo!  These collector’s coins are on sale now. Only a small number of coins are being minted before the dies will be destroyed, so if you’re interested in celebrating our ICO and owning a valuable collector’s coin (the first ever ICO Commemorative coin), I suggest you check it out here: https://therealcoincompany.com

As part of the collector’s coin offering, The Real Company will be giving 10% of every purchase to a very special charity: https://www.charitywater.org/

MegaXStore
Exciting news! Electroneum is now being used by another online retailer –  MGX, one of the first in our mass adoption campaign. They are eagerly awaiting our instant payment option to make the checkout even more slick!

You can purchase goods with ETN at their store just like you would with any fiat currency! MGX has already traded ETN daily since launch. See here for more details on this exciting new venture:

And finally…
You’ve been asking for this for a long time – now you get to see our lovely faces! You will now notice a number of additions to our team members – Meet the team

ETN is, as always, an incredible community, each step in our progress is one that you take with us, your feedback and support help us to grow, have a fantastic weekend, we’ll catch up with you again next week for more updates.

The Electroneum Team."

(Meet the team link as it was not working when I copied / pasted: https://electroneum.com/team/)

Thanks for your working hard Smiley
chomcv

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:15:43 PM

time to buy etn...price almost like ico
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:08:48 PM

time to buy etn...price almost like ico

It's not just like ICO. It's below ico price in BTC and ETH value. The value is just staying up in USD price thanks to Bitcoin's rally. I learnt about the upcoming fork. I think It'll be a great way to get the price to perform a few moves. It has been stagnant for the last two months, few updates and declining trading volume. Let's hope the fork would be enough to get the price back on track.

ChaozX

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:54:05 AM

There will be code update on 5th may. right?
CEOKEY

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:03:03 AM

Buy ETN with everything you got  Grin
I have evaluated ETN very accurately. I am happy that the ETN value is increasing. But I think I will spend a portion of my investment to buy ETN, not all. For me, diversification is the best way to invest.
ChaozX

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:11:16 AM
Merited by RivAngE (1)

Q&A Sent to Richard Ells - Here's the response

Sorry for the delay, it’s hard to find the time to answer with any level of detail! Crazy busy leading up to the Fork and instant payments are being coded.

Thanks for your support!!

Richard.

Anyway here goes…

Q) How are things looking for the IOS app release? People are wondering if there has been any updates on whether Apple has accepted ETN as one of its own. Are there any updates on the subject matter?

Re-applied on Wednesday 2nd with the ability to SEND ETN removed (the send button takes you to my.electroneum.com). This should allow miners to start mining and view balance etc.

Android new version was launched Thursday 3rd that has notifications in it, making it more obvious what’s happening with mobile mining payouts as well as transfers etc. It is also the first step in the notification system for instant payments. We are working on Push Notifications too.

Q) During his trip around the world, in one of his interviews, Richard quoted “We’ve amassed these numbers and we haven’t even started marketing”. With that said, when can we expect marketing to “start” and can you share any plans which are down the pipeline?

There is nothing to be gained by driving users to Electroneum until we have delivered our end to end ecosystem. IE. We need our MVP (minimum via proposition) of instant payments live and an API to allow anyone (vendors or mobile operators / ecommerce / EPOS) to accept ETN. We are VERY close to launching our instant payment notification system, which allows shops that currently top up/pre-paid mobile phones to start accepting ETN giving us and end to end ecosystem. We don’t want to market a product that can only be amassed, not SPENT. We have an API under development that allows integration on ecommerce and by the mobile networks to accept ETN for data etc. Once the MVP is out we will tentatively increase our exposure and once we have the MVP API and an integration with a mobile provider ready – we will start in earnest. It’s important to note that we’ve onboarded over 1.25m users just by word of mouth so far, so we are very confident of being the cryptocurrency with the most users within 2018. I will go into more detail later but we are resourcing our new marketing department.

Q) Several members are very worried in regards to the longevity of the coin with ASIC’s on the rise. The current difficulty has skyrocketed from 16 bil to upwards of 55-60 bil. This is making it extremely difficult for GPU miners to actually accumulate any coins. Here’s what they would like to know:

Anti asic goes live on block 307500 – around May 30th.

1) When are we going to fork? Monero, along with several other cryptonight currencies have forked to v7 already with no issues. Why isn’t Electroneum following suit? Do we have a set block height at which we will fork if we do?

See above – we did not perform a “knee jerk” fork, as we wanted to ensure it is tested well before release. We also wanted to include our other items we’ve been working on that help us in regards to becoming a regulated cryptocurrency and to ensure the blockchain is more suited to purpose. We are moving away from privacy and towards larger volume of transactions and being accepted by a regulatory environment. We are going to see more of this type of thing (https://www.forbes.com/sites/adelsteinjake/2018/04/30/japans-financial-regulator-is-pushing-crypto-exchanges-to-drop-altcoins-favored-by-criminals/) as crypto becomes more widely accepted. See our blog for more details.

2) What is your plan with regards to having 3 Asic miners in your office? Are you planning on changing from the original code?

See above. Needed to test the anti-asic. Essentially we have been using ASICS to test our new anti-ASIC code which will form part of the fork.

NEW QUESTION…. When are you releasing new code for the blockchain update?

We have tested our fork repeatedly and are releasing the full blockchain update for public scrutiny on the 4th May. Then during the week commencing 7th May we will provide binaries and start ensuring all the exchanges and pools (and all other node operators) update their node software before May 30th (block number 307500). If people start using the new versions of the CLI and RPC wallets from that point then any transactions that are in the mempool at the time of the fork will still be processed. If they are using older wallets (current version) there is a possibility that the transactions will fail due to the removal of some of the privacy aspects of the coin. Our new wallet software removes this NOW, so any transactions are ready for the changeover on block 307500.

3) Will you be monitoring the mempool more closely?

We have made adjustments to mitigate flooding attacks and many more things. We always monitor the mempool but of course we will be monitoring much closer during the leadup to fork and just after fork, where we will all be glued to the screen!

4) There was speculation on Antminers being shipped out in June. That date, is in fact, May. Baikal miners have already shipped and are active. How do you feel about this?

There appears to be quite a large distribution of ASICS. . We have no evidence of a 51% attack. We will see a whopping drop in hashing power once we fork, and we are not worried about that either.

Q) Is there a plan to get on to a large scale exchange in the near future? The HitBTC link on your page has said “Coming soon” for months now. Members are wondering if there is any possibility of getting listed on a reputable exchange.

HitBTC have been asked (by us) to wait until after we fork. We were under huge FUD attack and there was no point pushing forwards with exchanges until we had solved the problems. We have plans for large exchanges, at this moment I am not releasing details.

Q) People have noticed a sever amount of “soon” comments and are getting worrisome. Do you feel that giving estimated dates, rather then “soon” would help the community build trust behind the project?

The project has only been live since December. What we have achieved is incredible. It’s hard to give precise dates on things when so many things are out of our control. What I can say is that I am more confident today of us delivering a working, instant payment cryptocurrency system this year, and gaining the millions of users I promised than I have ever previously been. The level of corporate interest has been incredible, but we are needing to do things that I didn’t predict. I’m not going to go in to details, but I assure you it’s all very good!!

Q) Your patent has been approved for “pending status”. Can you now go into detail in regards to what this patent holds? People are very excited to hear about this.

Instant payments between users of cryptocurrencies. Once the lawyers tell me I can, I’ll publish the entire document. It also covers crypto subscription payments.

Q) Are you hiring US based developers? Via contract or other methods? If so, how would one apply?

Currently we only have 1 developer outside of our office (Andre). We are not seeking remote workers except on blockchain & open source items, due to the security implications of remote workers and remote jurisdictions.

Q) The details you released about the patent, and the plans for implementation that were released on Youtube are intriguing and ambitious. If you manage to pull it off, you'll certainly be one of the biggest cryptocurrencies in the world.

Such a task won't be easy. Start-ups like PayPal, Google, and Amazon all went from having a handful of developers to now having hundreds of developers and support staff. The transition from the original few that we saw in the office, to the numbers of staff you have today took some time and organizing (people working out their notice periods etc).

Question: How do you plan on scaling the team to ensure the right amount of talented developers and support staff are available at the right time in order to fulfill your goals in the coming years? A bigger HQ? More overseas developers?

We have 1 overseas branch in planning right now, mostly due to gaining regulated cryptocurrency status. We have taken on Jurgita Rhodes (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jurgita-rhodes-94795814/) ex Bloomberg, ex BBC, as COO and Nick Cook as CCO (https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-cook-7986034/) we have a new starter as CTO that I’ll make public once they settle in. We have a new meet the team page coming soon (I know how much you love the word soon!!) which shows a bit of the scaling that has taken place. We’ve also taken on a CMO who has huge corporate experience. Each of these people is creating the correct environment to grow the team and business. The model is designed to WORK above all else. We are investing fully to ensure we scale fluidly to meet our self imposed deadlines – which are quite harsh. Nobody joining the team from a corporate background can BEVIEVE the speed with which we are delivering things and making things happen. We will end up with hundreds of people, but we trebled in size in four months. You have to get the best people on to build a team, not just throw in a hundred people and hope they deliver!

We are waiting for a number of coders to start and are recruiting the team members that are demanded from each department.

Q) Monero is releasing ledger support in the near future. Does Electroneum plan on following suit?

That is not something that we control, Ledger control who they add. We would help them in any way we could to be on that device. I suspect the market FUD has kept us out of some larger exchanges and some partnerships that we would otherwise have secured already.

Q) What ever happened to the Electroneum mobile game? Is there going to be a release date set for it?

The mobile mining game is off the table at the moment but we are working with an Augmented reality game maker to create something awesome that will accept ETN for in game purchases. I’m loathed to mention it, as people will want to know WHEN. You know the answer…. SOON Jk

I didn’t answer the question about funds and publishing figures – we have no intention of doing that I’m afraid. I can promise the community that I have the best interests of ETN at my heart and I am running the company to the very best of my ability to ensure the brightest possible future for ETN and our community.
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:21:37 PM

That was a nice read, the priorities of the team find me in agreement, but where is your source? I'd like to merit you but I want to make sure this Q&A was real.
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:25:30 PM

What are we supposed to do about that non afiliated electronero fork? Is it a scam? Please, I am a noob and have not seen this situation yet.
piebeyb
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1038

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 12:38:52 PM

I still keep ETN in my wallet, I think ETN requires another trading site, at least it can get high volume in the future and make the price slightly better than before Smiley

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
ChaozX

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:27:29 PM

That was a nice read, the priorities of the team find me in agreement, but where is your source? I'd like to merit you but I want to make sure this Q&A was real.

it was posted on Electroneum reddit
Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: