Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:25:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: myetherwallet is safe or not?  (Read 4440 times)
JPCRYPTO2012 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:21:58 PM

Hello guys , I would like to ask this from more veteran people here if MEW or shall we say myetherwallet.com is safe or not..?
Some of my colleagues said that myetherwallet is not safe because there maybe some intruders with wide and depeest knowledge
When it comes to security bypass could get access of your account at myetherwallet? Please
Help me answer this if mew is safe or not.. Is this a user fault to expose their private key or there is.someone could really
Access our account .. using security bypass? Please thank you.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:40:49 AM

Honestly, I think it's secure, myetherwallet developers don't have access to your private keys, which means everyone must control and secure their keys. I haven't ever heard myetherwallet got hacked, just some people who lost their private keys and claim it has been hacked. Even most web wallets for bitcoin seems can not be hacked, unless you are reckless and the private keys could be accessed by the thief. The same theory for myetherwallet, electrum, blockchain, it's safe.
JPCRYPTO2012 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:35:23 PM

Honestly, I think it's secure, myetherwallet developers don't have access to your private keys, which means everyone must control and secure their keys. I haven't ever heard myetherwallet got hacked, just some people who lost their private keys and claim it has been hacked. Even most web wallets for bitcoin seems can not be hacked, unless you are reckless and the private keys could be accessed by the thief. The same theory for myetherwallet, electrum, blockchain, it's safe.
yeah right, Indeed I just want some clarification to those people here that has more knowledge than me .. just to tell this to one my of colleague that myetherwallet is safe and perhaps,she just  being reckless not to take her of privatekey .. afterall she s still insisting .. but by the way thanks mate for addressing my issue..
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:54:44 PM

This isn't the right place of discussing it, transfer it to the right place - move the topic here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=198.0

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
JPCRYPTO2012 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:07:24 PM

This isn't the right place of discussing it, transfer it to the right place - move the topic here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=198.0
Thanks for that info sir . Thank you ..
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:23:31 PM

Well base on what i experience of using MEW for me its safe i still never experience any issue of using it from receiving ethereum and receiving token from ICO's . I believe that who told you about didn't know how MEW secured wallet..
So i just wanted to say that for me its safe wallet ever than the other web wallet..
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:25:55 AM

I think it is a safe place to store those tokens and some shitcoins ERC20 from an airdrops that some get to it. Based on my experience MEW or myetherwallet is a safe crypto coin wallet and it would be best if you combine it with a hardware wallet just like Ledger and the likes. There are also wallets you can use to store those tokens you have or get from anywhere else just like imToken and MetaMask they are secured wallets too.
JPCRYPTO2012 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:29:29 PM

Thank you everyone for answering my question and for how many days that we've been discussed this issue .
I finally confirmed that myetherwallet was safe and the best ethereum web wallet .. And you can also make a paper wallet which you can print its qr code than saving it on your social media acc or telegram .. maybe it is just a user fault where they re saving their private key on their respective social media accounts .. or maybe they just put it on any of the airdrops form .
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:55:51 PM

Hello guys , I would like to ask this from more veteran people here if MEW or shall we say myetherwallet.com is safe or not..?
Some of my colleagues said that myetherwallet is not safe because there maybe some intruders with wide and depeest knowledge
When it comes to security bypass could get access of your account at myetherwallet? Please
Help me answer this if mew is safe or not.. Is this a user fault to expose their private key or there is.someone could really
Myetherwallet.com is safe as long you didnt give your private keys to anyone and no one would able to bypass or bruteforce myether site even that site doesnt have the possession of our keys which means our wallets our totally safe.The thing about nothing on this world cant be bypass since only people do create them which it can be access too but talking on the hashes and probability then it would really be hard for them.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:15:53 AM

Yes, it is very secure and safe if you know you are following the guide on what's do's and don't. Yes, I believe it's users' fault if he got hacked and it will only happen if they become a victim of phishing and they did not notice that they are logging on a fake site.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:05:46 AM

This is the wallet i used to keep my ethereum coin and i think it was secured because it has private key which you are the only one who knows that key, and i think it is  ot hard to hack until you do not disclosed to other your key. I used this morethan 6months and i do not encounter any problem in my withdrawal and deposit that is why i recommend MEW to store your ethereum coin but it is your own risk.
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:29:24 PM

So my assumption of this discussion was moved to securities, well I'm wrong on that part of transferring it to alt coin service discussion.

Thank you everyone for answering my question and for how many days that we've been discussed this issue .
I finally confirmed that myetherwallet was safe and the best ethereum web wallet .. And you can also make a paper wallet which you can print its qr code than saving it on your social media acc or telegram .. maybe it is just a user fault where they re saving their private key on their respective social media accounts .. or maybe they just put it on any of the airdrops form .

Good to know that you got a good result of using myetherwallet and finding it out on your own.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
senyorito123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:20:33 AM

Myetherwallet is very much recommendable wallet to the people who use to stock some ERC20 tokens aswell with eth tokens, They are been used by many people around the globe, And the only treat for this is the owner since they are the one who's handling it and if their balance will be hack then the owner will be the one who will blame for the incident since he is the one who's responsible for his own private keys.

This is the wallet i used to keep my ethereum coin and i think it was secured because it has private key which you are the only one who knows that key, and i think it is  ot hard to hack until you do not disclosed to other your key. I used this morethan 6months and i do not encounter any problem in my withdrawal and deposit that is why i recommend MEW to store your ethereum coin but it is your own risk.

More trusted than any other wallet I think and I would recommend this to the ethereum users also.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:12:46 AM

I am observing this wallet first because i am not fun of ethereum coin, lately i start investing in ethereum and i will used this wallet to keep my ethereum hoping that it would be more trusted and not lost my coin. But since many feedback is positive i think it was a legit and safe wallet but i  not putting all my ethereum in that wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
GyroCopter

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:15:21 AM

I'm just normal user who's used this service, we don't know when will they turn away into SCAM( A.K.A Run with our money) but let see..
It's hard to explain for me, if we are just normal user
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:21:48 AM

I have been using mew for quite some time right now, and honestly I can say it is safe. But we cannot deny that lately it have been a target of phishing attacks using slack and other messaging apps. If the person is not well versed in protecting their private keys or verifying the links they are clicking, their eth wallet will be hacked. But that is not the mew's fault anymore, but a user's.
JPCRYPTO2012 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:02:15 AM

I have been using mew for quite some time right now, and honestly I can say it is safe. But we cannot deny that lately it have been a target of phishing attacks using slack and other messaging apps. If the person is not well versed in protecting their private keys or verifying the links they are clicking, their eth wallet will be hacked. But that is not the mew's fault anymore, but a user's.

So what should we do to avoid those phishing site .. what the do and dont's of protecting our private key for us to feel safe ?  But honestly I began to to feel safe on myetherwallet.com , for how many days that I've been monitoring my threads thanks to all of your comments and advices . Cheers mate .. good day to each and everyone.
JPCRYPTO2012 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:07:46 AM

So my assumption of this discussion was moved to securities, well I'm wrong on that part of transferring it to alt coin service discussion.

Good to know that you got a good result of using myetherwallet and finding it out on your own.

Highly appreciated sir .. bitcointalk is the best forum for me . Which answered all the posible questions came from each and everyone mind .. lucky to be part of this forum ,When I'll grow here and gained more knowledge as like you I will also share my knowledge to help others .. once again thank you very much ..
Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:31:18 AM

It is safe if you only know what you are doing. The main problem with users nowadays is they only aim for the free airdrops without knowing anything. They lack knowledge like how to safely use their wallet. I bet they don't even know what's the difference between public key and private key.
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:27:46 AM

Etherwallet is safe because it is similar to bitcoin wallet.
The chances of it being hack is very small due to its changing address.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: