Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:33:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: myetherwallet is safe or not?  (Read 4440 times)
Lanatsa

Activity: 2842
Merit: 652

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:19:23 PM

Etherwallet is safe because it is similar to bitcoin wallet.
The chances of it being hack is very small due to its changing address.

No its not actually on the changing address.It might have a part but the thing here is that we should not really expose our private keys this is the most important rule here on bitcoin or cryptoworld where private keys should really be keep on private. Myetherwallet is safe and ive been using it ever since specially on storing up etherium based coins.I do love the convenience and the user-friendlyness of such wallet.
Dont worry about those hacks as long anyone didnt know the keys they cant access the wallet for sure.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
imyashir
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:38:36 PM

Hello guys , I would like to ask this from more veteran people here if MEW or shall we say myetherwallet.com is safe or not..?
Some of my colleagues said that myetherwallet is not safe because there maybe some intruders with wide and depeest knowledge
When it comes to security bypass could get access of your account at myetherwallet? Please
Help me answer this if mew is safe or not.. Is this a user fault to expose their private key or there is.someone could really
Access our account .. using security bypass? Please thank you.

myetherwallet is safe because you hold your private key just as long as you do not share your private key in publicly.

I have a question of who made myetherwallet?

is it possible that they have a copy of the database with our private keys?

That's just what makes me think. Share ur knowledge about this.
JPCRYPTO2012 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:01:01 PM

Etherwallet is safe because it is similar to bitcoin wallet.
The chances of it being hack is very small due to its changing address.

Nope ethereum and bitcoin is diffrent in many  aspects .. yeah they are same crypto currency, they are the two cryptocurrency who has the highest reputation in the cryptoworld this day infact they were both profitable .. But the fact is that Ethereum will never be bitcoin.
Ethereum is not just a cryptocurrency, but it s a blockchain-based platform with many aspects and it has smart contract or shall we say "Assets" unlike bitcoin , no one will never engage bitcoin that what s the best with bitcoin .Bitcoin is.Unique. but this is just a tips .. But I tell you straightly and be back to our topic bitcoin wallet is more safer than ethereum wallet .. bitcoin wallet doesnt have a private which could lead us to confusion .. The greatest fear of every erc20 holder "ether" is the exposed of their private key .. which is the users fault .. myetherwallet is safe for my views. But what isnt safe is the site that they enter or just being reckless to take care of their private key .. Tips for you mates always stay away of the.pishing site, if someone message you or asks for your private key then leave and delete that cuase it will end to robbery .. cheers.
Pearlfx

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:08:20 PM

Mew is safe, no one get access to your account except you are careless about your private keys or keystore
kyanscadiel

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:28:57 AM

Hello guys , I would like to ask this from more veteran people here if MEW or shall we say myetherwallet.com is safe or not..?
Some of my colleagues said that myetherwallet is not safe because there maybe some intruders with wide and depeest knowledge
When it comes to security bypass could get access of your account at myetherwallet? Please
Help me answer this if mew is safe or not.. Is this a user fault to expose their private key or there is.someone could really
I think MEW is safe. Private key is the only way you can open your wallet that is why it is very important to keep your private key safe, never give it to anyone else. If there is any site who ask for your private key, never ever give it. It's you and you alone who will know it.

TUs77777

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:32:23 AM

I think this wallet is one of the safest at the moment
JPCRYPTO2012 (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:24:33 AM

I think MEW is safe. Private key is the only way you can open your wallet that is why it is very important to keep your private key safe, never give it to anyone else. If there is any site who ask for your private key, never ever give it. It's you and you alone who will know it.

I have a question ? How about the developer of this website and we both know that every website has a database right? So the.developer has a chance to steal all of our money because they are the one that has the.list of our very own private key and in just one moment  they could bug down this web wallet .. This is.just a situational question and I dont have any proof of this conclusion, just want a clarification ,if could this posibly happen ?
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:31:16 AM

I have a question ? How about the developer of this website and we both know that every website has a database right? So the.developer has a chance to steal all of our money because they are the one that has the.list of our very own private key and in just one moment  they could bug down this web wallet .. This is.just a situational question and I dont have any proof of this conclusion, just want a clarification ,if could this posibly happen ?
Afaik MEW doesn't supported forgotten password request because they don't have any database about our accounts.

Have you heard about many MEW phising sites?
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:07:40 AM

Maybe other get pbypass the security of mew.
But mew make there security more strong thats why they suggest use jason file and giving a advice when you open there site..
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:00:37 AM

Afaik MEW doesn't supported forgotten password request because they don't have any database about our accounts.

Have you heard about many MEW phising sites?
Nothing i trust myetherwallet because of the million of user do transaction everyday it cannot be hack or attempting DDOS attack. The best of it the fastest transaction and the website is friendly user it can be easily view your Erc-20 token.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:51:53 AM

As per my experience with ethereum, i use myetherwallet to send and store ether and i have never faced any suspecious issues with my wallet.
Such a reputed company doesn't ever cheat with its clients, mew is an open source client side wallet. It is your own carelessness of your keys get compromised.
To retain security of your wallet, treat all the sensitive data as your personal pocket wallet. Don't expose your private keys to anyone.
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:54:26 AM

Absolutely mew is safe. But we shouldnt click external mew links cause of phishing danger. I wrote mew adress to a notepad as a txt file. And when i need to login i copy and paste from the txt. Very safe method!
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:25:19 AM

As long as if you don't share your private keys with others then it always safe. I am using it on daily basis and I never faced any problems in terms of transaction and securities. Better check twice before clicking the exact link to the website.
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:14:00 PM

Mew is safe, no one get access to your account except you are careless about your private keys or keystore

No matter the wallet, the moment you are compromised, there is nothing the wallet provider can do. When its now becoming embarrassing due to the number of people involved then they can now act on it on whether its their own system that has been compromised.

MyEtherWallet.com is one of the safest ETH site I know and its because of its flexibility in which everything you need for on the site including the private key is something that is made available without unnecessary stress.
dukemc

Activity: 431
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:00:44 AM

As allready saided MeW is safe if you look at the address of the website and the right ssl certificate. When you not giving out your private key or input it anywhere else in scammin sites theré is no problem with it.
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:47:04 AM

I am observing this wallet first because i am not fun of ethereum coin, lately i start investing in ethereum and i will used this wallet to keep my ethereum hoping that it would be more trusted and not lost my coin. But since many feedback is positive i think it was a legit and safe wallet but i  not putting all my ethereum in that wallet.
I will give you advice since phishing attempts are very often - first of all bookmark MEW, check link every time you click on it, don't use links from slack, telegrams or emails - they are all phishing sites.
MEW is safe wallet but you have to be very careful with these things.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:14:34 AM

Practically it's safe as far my friends and colleagues have to say about it because basically, you have your own freedom to your etherwallet meaning the developers has no access or privileged to intervene or do something conspicuous about your wallet you'll just to need to provide a safe and sure password and do not tend to view in public especially when there are so many suspicious people around you.
kemonojim

Activity: 218

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:18:50 PM

For me personally, MEW is a very safe wallet and certainly has an excellent security system to avoid very bad (hacking) possibilities. But the other security issue is the owner of private key or wallet of each individual, because there are some people who are very stupid in doing the analysis or keep secret data of their wallet so that theft is the main thing they most often get. One thing we do have to do is make double security, in order not to lose.
MURONDI

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:10:27 PM

as long as i use myetherwallet never experienced any problems, so I think MEW is a safe wallet, many people who have conceded the MEW wallet is because of user carelessness, Due to the popularity of MEW many irresponsible people do everything to steal MEW data, many are spreading phishing sites, many of which offer airdrop by incorporating viruses, even I often receive emails to upgrade MEW, that's an example of an email from someone trying to steal NEW data
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:07:54 PM

MEW is safe if you are always aware.
don't be careless in accessing your Private key in some Phishing sites.
or Fake Mew sites. that's why they saying Mew is not safe

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: