Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:30:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: myetherwallet is safe or not?  (Read 4442 times)
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:06:40 PM

MEW is not safe as an hardware wallets because computers can be compromised by the hackers then they can steal your funds from MEW so it is not fully secured,but it is very safe when we use it offline only go online when make transaction and MEW is the best wallet for storing tokens because there is no other wallets available which can support as much as MEW do.
CryptoHunter24

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 10:23:43 PM

Using mew is safe,just be careful because lot of hackers is creating mew copycat to steal someone's eth and tokens. Don't forget to bookmark legit links so you won't be phished of those phisher. I suggest you also to use imtoken app,when someone hack your mew,you could know it because every transaction has a notification.

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
samtarly

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:54:27 PM

MEW is not safe if you don't take care of your private keys but as far as i know this decentralized wallet is very secure as long as your passwords and keys are saved in a device that no one has an access Smiley

tosindesign

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:10:17 PM

myetherwallet  is very safe ,but when transfering coins to another wallet is best you use your meta mask to connect to your MEW wallet , this is the best way to avoid google browsing history or other fishing site .
TonyPlayMore

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:18:30 PM

This is a very popular wallet, it is used by a lot of people. I think that it is reliable enough and safe, but as we know it's possible to hack anything if there is a purpose and desire. The question is whether you have enough funds in there so that hackers are interested in trying to hack you.
BITMAN.r

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:13:17 AM

On how many and which all platforms do I need to register myself?
gbenga88

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:41:59 AM

Hello guys , I would like to ask this from more veteran people here if MEW or shall we say myetherwallet.com is safe or not..?
Some of my colleagues said that myetherwallet is not safe because there maybe some intruders with wide and depeest knowledge
When it comes to security bypass could get access of your account at myetherwallet? Please
Help me answer this if mew is safe or not.. Is this a user fault to expose their private key or there is.someone could really
Access our account .. using security bypass? Please thank you.

I would recommend myetherwallet. I do not believe their DEVS have access to account. They do not have access to your private key. They can't bypass the wallet security. I recommend it
Zhenka

Activity: 362
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:56:42 AM

I've been using MEW for more than a year and I did not have any problems with this purse personally. Everything is simple, convenient and without any questions. The only thing you need to add a site to your bookmarks is to not accidentally go to a phishing site. As an alternative I can recommend the wallet JAXX.
ACVinegar

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:20:34 PM

Myether wallet is safe, because it was given unique password aside from the original password. However on the past months more accounts would be hacked due to unidentified reason, until now I cannot know what happen to my account because almost $3000 would vanished in split days. I already concerned it to the administrator but still not yet reply. Now I cannot used my MEW for the safety of my other coins, maybe if the amount lost in my account is back then that's the time I trust again into this wallet.

Hacker or now are too much intelligence because they can hacked my accounts without any knowing, So lesson learn to many users of MEW be alert and try to monitor your value in your account.
permadi

Activity: 142

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 09:49:11 PM

I think MEW are safe if you still see the mark of security in MEW, and if your smart saving and using the private key , you can also use offline MEW If you just want to simply look at the balance
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1239

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 10:44:46 PM

I'm long time user of MEW and never encounter such bad errors upon but their are times that I accidentally pasted my private key on public sheet and been hack for that and that is my careless mistake but aside from that nothing else I encounter such shady error on mew and I conclude that this wallet is so safe.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bhadz

Activity: 2478
Merit: 566

Signature, avatar and text for rent

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 07:31:03 PM

The only thing you need to add a site to your bookmarks is to not accidentally go to a phishing site.
This is what new users don't do. They keep on using search engines like google and searching out myetherwallet through those platforms and ending up clicking those being advertised by google which is a phishing site. But bookmarking the real MEW will never lead you to a phishing, there is always a reminder on the website that bookmark them or else there's the risk that you can use the fake one.

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2912
Merit: 777

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:38:06 PM

The only thing you need to add a site to your bookmarks is to not accidentally go to a phishing site.
This is what new users don't do. They keep on using search engines like google and searching out myetherwallet through those platforms and ending up clicking those being advertised by google which is a phishing site. But bookmarking the real MEW will never lead you to a phishing, there is always a reminder on the website that bookmark them or else there's the risk that you can use the fake one.
People are committing the same mistakes all over and over again which even the MEW site itself do already have those cautions or prompt message that you should do bookmark and tell you out indications that you are accessing the true site.  Hacked mew is really the fault of users side because we do have the full responsibility of our privatekeys or anyother important informations on accessing the wallet.Once it got compromised because of your carelessness then no one should really be blamed of.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
arwin100

Activity: 2786
Merit: 819

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

People are committing the same mistakes all over and over again which even the MEW site itself do already have those cautions or prompt message that you should do bookmark and tell you out indications that you are accessing the true site.  Hacked mew is really the fault of users side because we do have the full responsibility of our privatekeys or anyother important informations on accessing the wallet.Once it got compromised because of your carelessness then no one should really be blamed of.

Dumb mistakes for people to fall on phising or whatever attempt since there's so many warning had been posted by MEW to their site. And we can simply define the authenticity of the site by looking its URL so there's no excuse really for getting hack. But there's one thing really that we need to be careful with and that is placing our private key anywhere and clicking those appealing offers send via email since it can compromise us really.

bhadz

Activity: 2478
Merit: 566

Signature, avatar and text for rent

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 11:31:38 AM

Dumb mistakes for people to fall on phising or whatever attempt since there's so many warning had been posted by MEW to their site. And we can simply define the authenticity of the site by looking its URL so there's no excuse really for getting hack. But there's one thing really that we need to be careful with and that is placing our private key anywhere and clicking those appealing offers send via email since it can compromise us really.
That's what happening even though many of us here keep on warning a lot of newbies and even MEW themselves is very well aware of these phishing links and is giving warning that are highlighted on their website, still we are being ignored. Ignorance of the situation is really the fault of the users, it's not enough just to trust a website but they should also do their own assessment on how they can protect themselves with these phishers and other attackers that can stole their funds.

Crypcar10290

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:24:42 AM

MEW is safe if it is used with a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S.
mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:01:48 AM

I think myetherwallet for now is not secure because so many people lose token and eth, because people are not responsible for theft by means of brute force.
Even I dont think if that problems in MyetherWallet, it's just people who using MyetherWallet less careful, I've been using MyetherWallet since 1 year or more i guess, till now i have no problems with thats, all good, Nah I've heard who lose their money from phising site, so keep careful with phishing sites that similiar with MyetherWallet
samsungvina19

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:45:50 AM

One member of my family using MEW and being hacked by someone else. So i suggest you should keep your private key safe in your google drive word, anything that suit you. And use metamask as well. Until now, Metamask have no problem, at least to me

███  ████     BAAN►X  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:02:27 AM

I think myetherwallet for now is not secure because so many people lose token and eth, because people are not responsible for theft by means of brute force.
Even I dont think if that problems in MyetherWallet, it's just people who using MyetherWallet less careful, I've been using MyetherWallet since 1 year or more i guess, till now i have no problems with thats, all good, Nah I've heard who lose their money from phising site, so keep careful with phishing sites that similiar with MyetherWallet

maybe the problems are we cannot save our private keys in the safe place. because I see that there are a people which copy paste their private keys in everywhere without knows how if other people see this and I guess their tokens can be stolen by that people. I've been using mew too and I don't have any bad experience and I don't want to have it because I want to protect my tokens so I can sell it when the price increases higher.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:14:56 AM

maybe the problems are we cannot save our private keys in the safe place. because I see that there are a people which copy paste their private keys in everywhere without knows how if other people see this and I guess their tokens can be stolen by that people. I've been using mew too and I don't have any bad experience and I don't want to have it because I want to protect my tokens so I can sell it when the price increases higher.

yes that is the reason why people got hacked because they oftenly visit myetherwallet without bookmarking the real site, thats why they are mostly prone to phised attacks. i myself is using myetherwallet for about 7 months and so far i didnt experienced to get phised because i rarely visit mew and also i do already bookmarked the official site. Overall myetherwallet is fully safe and legit as long as you already know how to spell and read the correct spelling of the site.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: