Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:56:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: myetherwallet is safe or not?  (Read 4440 times)
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:22:46 AM

I think the myetherwallet site is safe for as long as you log in to the correct site, be careful because there was a phishing site that looks exactly the same and you might mistake it for the correct one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tugsukana

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:13:38 PM

Yes. I think MEW is the safest place to keep the coin I know. I have not heard any information about MEW hack or any reason. This is a safe place for us
 !.
rupesh2

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:24:10 PM

Myetherwallet is a safe wallet to store any kind of erc20 tokens. The only problem of this wallet is every month hackers attacked the wallet to steal ethereum and tokens, MYETHERWALLET should make an action about it.

Seeing this coming from a Hero member account, I'm shocked! MyEtherWallet has never been hacked as far as I know. If a user lands on a phishing site and enters his private key, how can this be the responsibility of the creator of myetherwallet?

then you are not aware of all latest news of crypto market .
we can ignore january hack allegation but 2 month back their DNS was redirecting to phishing site , if you say enter URL carefully then let me tell you even if you enter exact url then too that url was exposing private key of users .
MEW itself asked users not to use MEW for sometime . so login MEW with direct private key is never safe , i like MEW wallet . but will not take risk to login it with key .
i use ledger wallet or metamask with MEW .
babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:30:03 PM

I think it is very safe, although a while ago there has been a mess on the myetherwallet domain but at the moment I am sure that myetherwallet is safe
itsv

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 04:54:05 PM

For increased security, you can run MyEtherWallet on your computer instead from the website. You can generate a wallet completely offline .. and there is a way to generate offline transaction as well. You only connect to internet when you are about send. Take a look here https://kb.myetherwallet.com/offline/running-myetherwallet-locally.html some recent hack were targeted using fake DNS and URL spoofing so its better to have a local copy of myetherwallet on you computer and use that for sending transactions.
btcblockchain

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:43:42 AM

my ether wallet is safe when u store ur private keys and don't click on phishing links it is all about safety measure we follow
daviidalpert

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:52:34 AM

I useit and think it is safe.but remember never to give the private key to someone else.or you'll lose all
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:10:11 AM

Myetherwallet is a safe wallet to store any kind of erc20 tokens. The only problem of this wallet is every month hackers attacked the wallet to steal ethereum and tokens, MYETHERWALLET should make an action about it.

Seeing this coming from a Hero member account, I'm shocked! MyEtherWallet has never been hacked as far as I know. If a user lands on a phishing site and enters his private key, how can this be the responsibility of the creator of myetherwallet?

then you are not aware of all latest news of crypto market .
we can ignore january hack allegation but 2 month back their DNS was redirecting to phishing site , if you say enter URL carefully then let me tell you even if you enter exact url then too that url was exposing private key of users .
MEW itself asked users not to use MEW for sometime . so login MEW with direct private key is never safe , i like MEW wallet . but will not take risk to login it with key .
i use ledger wallet or metamask with MEW .

Again, it was a DNS server hack not MEW platform hack.
I don't know the details of it, but I suppose this could happen to any domain. As far as I know, MEW's owners reacted fairly quickly, which is good. An additional browser extension like MetaMask (which is also recommended by the MEW) helps in these situations.
TANZO Official
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:43:12 AM

I use it every day and up to now i had no problems!
rani.ahmed48

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:52:39 AM

Indeed many cases that happen to lose token or ETH in Myetherwallet then it is better to use Metamaks more secure because it is not easy to be hacked by others.
mexite

Activity: 705
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:09:08 PM

Hackers are unrelenting in coordinating attacks against networks and information systems, so it's normal that myetherwallet would be a target. It is however expected that the wallet keeps on improving on its security to avoid losses of users funds just as the recent DNS attack in which some users lost thousands of Ethereum and Ethereum-based tokens.
To be on the safer side, you can use other trusted wallets such as Imtoken, EIDOO and trust wallet. That's my own suggestion.
chainguru12

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:20:00 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2018, 05:35:52 AM by chainguru12

Now what I noticed was that NEW is safe but depends on how you used it. To my there are three things involved wen you were being hacked:
1. they knew that you will likely save your keys on email or online were you can have access to it.
2. They knew that you will or may likely save it offline
3. You are desperate of airdrop.
So in summary they will attack you all means to get into you either via airdrop or  mails, sending you all forms of information like fake airdrops were they will tell you to input your email and also create an account with them now there's every possibility that the email you are input and the password may likely be the same so they track you through it and get ride of your private keys and hacked your wallets.
So in addition stop being desperate for airdrops  and be mindful of any mail sent you. So with this you can know how to safeguard your NEW.
jackjackfly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:13:06 AM

myetherwallet itself is completely safe. The problem is more on clone sites. Where you try to access your wallet and they in turn just stole your data. This is definitely a problem. The best part for me in myetherwallet, that you are the only one who is responsible for secure of your assets

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:38:02 PM

I hope Mew wallet is very safe compared to other ERC20 coins and I have been using this Mew wallet for than 2 years. Still, using to store ERC20 coin but we have to check links twice because there are many phishing attacks are being happened.
signofnero

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:32:06 PM

as I know myetherwallet, so far still safe, I still use it until now.
always check the websites that you visit the domain is correct what is not yet, for example myetherwallet.com
now there have been many persons using fraudulent websites for their own interests:)

keep your wallet safe Smiley
onebtcforlife

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:20:26 AM

I think it is very safe, although a while ago there has been a mess on the myetherwallet domain but at the moment I am sure that myetherwallet is safe

MEW is always safe to use because inorder to store ERC20 token MEW is the best wallet. Sometime people don't know how to use them and keep complaining about the MEW wallet.
golovayv

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:35:35 AM

I use the MyEtherWallet purse as the most convenient. I studied reviews of this wallet and they were all positive and I also consider it to be the best and safest. But you must always observe elementary safety rules.
samidhu1

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:09:33 PM

Never encountered any problem on myethewallet, i assure that it is one of safest wallet in crypto world.
Its up to do users how they manage there private keys and if they are aware on phishing attacks.
radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:47:06 PM

HI
Short example: what happens if your money is just on the street? Most likely, it will be stolen.
And that's exactly how it is with Myetherwallet. You really have to take great care of your private key.
It is not really good example. I have been using myetherwallet for more than 2 years and no one has stolen my coins and tokens and I am sure lots users here are using that mew without problem.
I guess it is because we always check link.  Roll Eyes
altcoiner

Activity: 351

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:19:42 PM

It will depend on the purpose of each person I think. First, if u decide on long-term investment and hold, using MEW will be insecure as the web can be attacked at any time. And if u`ve long-lasting hold, u have to use offline hardware wallet to be more secure. If regular trading, then uses the MEW and bookmark web to access to avoid access to the phishing site similar to myetherwallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: