Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:28:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA is the next big thing  (Read 45349 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 08:17:00 AM

Even though this project has large pumps and dumps, the project in general remains very promising. If you think about the idea of the project, you can conclude that this project can be one of the best projects to improve people's lives.

Large pump and dumps? It's kept most of its value since it shot up on the heels of the Fujitsu and Bosch news. Remember, it was 0.35 when this thread started--it's still 10x that.

onewaytwogo

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:22:11 AM

IOTA has the strongest use case of almost any coin out there.. Their tech is astoundingly cool and nearly 100% of the FUD is generated as a 'F'ear of the unknown since IOTA represents the newest tech, Crypto v2.0 if you will, and it therefore represents a HUGE threat to the incumbents and pretty much everyone in the space. Some will say, where are the smart contracts, the response is, just wait.. they are on the way.. Others will say, what about the coordinator, response is ETH did this in the beginning too, you didnt whine about it then.. What about, what about, what about.. do your homework... this team is amazing.. There is a reason BOSCH (there are sooooo many things that could be said about BOSCH but I will say only this: 3 out of 4 mobile phones in the world has a BOSCH chip inside..) chose this project..
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 11:33:07 AM

IOTA Foundation one of the headliners @ London Blockchain Week https://calvinayre.com/2018/01/12/press-releases/london-blockchain-week-announces-dreamteam-ibm-btcc-iota-foundation-gibraltar-stock-exchange-event-headliners/

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 06:30:51 PM

Another Mathematician joins the IOTA Foundation:  https://blog.iota.org/a-mathematician-is-always-fascinated-by-a-challenge-and-with-darcy-camargo-its-no-different-72c55f996401

minus_one_crypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:23:03 PM

IOTA is one of those coins that can bring big profits to those people who can wait long. This is a project that will develop several years. I think that this coin should be in the portfolio of every serious investor.

NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:23:49 PM

IOTA with the internet of the thing technology is an big invention of human. Its platform can be used by many corporations in the world. You should buy and hold it in this year.

A bit of an overstatement. I do admit it has some merit and that has been appreciated by the market, but there is always a competitor in software and Raiblocks is now on the rearview mirror and getting closer.

At the risk of sounding lazy, can someone give me the differences between XRB and IOTA?

IOTA is one of those coins that can bring big profits to those people who can wait long. This is a project that will develop several years. I think that this coin should be in the portfolio of every serious investor.

Yeah, I think you have to get out of your own way with IOTA. My family is still young and I've scooped up a bunch. As soon as the new wallet comes online and I'm confident with it. I'm taking 75-90% of my stash and forgetting about it. I think the profits will be epic if IOTA goes into production. Just remember how long XRP has been around and it was just cleared for production a month or so ago. IOTA way more complex, meaningful and useful.

3-5 years. I hope I can hold that long.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 09:07:50 PM

At the risk of sounding lazy, can someone give me the differences between XRB and IOTA?

The short answer: XRB is focused on the developed and already crowded P2P market, IOTA the nascent and sparsely  populated M2M market.

Here's a long answer:  https://hackernoon.com/iota-vs-raiblocks-413679bb4c3e

Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:38:01 PM

I'm so confused as to why IOTA hasn't gone up in value in the past couple of weeks/days. They're partnered with a ton of reputable and large companies here in the US yet their value have remained stable. While on the other hand, you see a ton of shit coins rising 50-100% in the past week. Can anyone explain this to me?

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:55:01 AM

I'm so confused as to why IOTA hasn't gone up in value in the past couple of weeks/days. They're partnered with a ton of reputable and large companies here in the US yet their value have remained stable. While on the other hand, you see a ton of shit coins rising 50-100% in the past week. Can anyone explain this to me?

Depends on which shitcoins you are talking about--it doesn't take much to move a coin out of the top 100. A few million in trades can send a lowercap coin spiraling upwards, though there is the inevitable dump.

IOTA has held a 1000% (0.35<-->3.50) gain since the anouncements, so unless you expect things to go up indefinately, which is impossible given a finite money supply, it's a quality gain.

I believe you will see IOTA in the top 3 when another big piece of news hits, possibly Q (though no one will confirm what Q is, so hard to speculate on how big it will be, personally I'm excited to see hard wallet support and dedicated processors--the latter may be Q).

NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:50:24 AM

Depends on which shitcoins you are talking about--it doesn't take much to move a coin out of the top 100. A few million in trades can send a lowercap coin spiraling upwards, though there is the inevitable dump.

IOTA has held a 1000% (0.35<-->3.50) gain since the anouncements, so unless you expect things to go up indefinately, which is impossible given a finite money supply, it's a quality gain.

I believe you will see IOTA in the top 3 when another big piece of news hits, possibly Q (though no one will confirm what Q is, so hard to speculate on how big it will be, personally I'm excited to see hard wallet support and dedicated processors--the latter may be Q).

Regarding Q, dedicated hashing processors, specifically with intel is the community’s best guess. I was listening to an interview with David, and at least my field, he’s right. Hardware manufacturers integrate items that used to be  “bells and whistles” and software accommodations as practice into their baselines all the time. It’s a matter of being competitive in cost and size/weight/power trade offs.

I would love hardware wallet supports. I’ll buying a nano next week, fur gge March ore-order. I’m hoping that’s the one that’s in the running. That would make life easy for me.

As for shitcoins pumping, it’s perspective. Either you’re an investor or trader first. Real growth for valid reasons is a great thing. Iota is a long term hold.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:06:00 PM

You forgot one important factor. IOTA has released over 300Ti of locked tokens over the last days. Many have been unable to access their tokens for almost three months and have sold directly afterwards. This is a comparable large amount and that the price has not collapsed, shows that simultaneously large purchases were made. Now that all tokens are "in circulation," future news is likely to have a much bigger impact.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 04:39:22 PM

Another Foundation member: https://blog.iota.org/welcome-alon-gal-to-the-iota-foundation-bca0ded3e433

Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:56:17 PM

I would love the input of a firm believer of IOTA for this.

With coins like Request coming out that tackles what IOTA does, but does it faster and more efficiently, how can IOTA compete with these newer coins? I believe in this crypto, but I'm starting to wonder if the competition will limit its success.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 10:37:00 PM

With coins like Request coming out that tackles what IOTA does, but does it faster and more efficiently, how can IOTA compete with these newer coins? I believe in this crypto, but I'm starting to wonder if the competition will limit its success.

More efficient than free?

Speed is network dependent so if the network is large enough the tx are >1000tps. I believe that is the goal for this quarter.

From the ANN page, request looks P2P, so not in direct competition with IOTA, though IOTA will gain P2P market share with better wallets--TBH, the P2P market is already saturated, so not really interested in another P2P solution, at least not as an investment.

goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:00:08 PM

having high hope from this coin , genuine project with huge potential , hard working team .
big companies of world are taking them seriously .
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:34:30 AM

Philips added as a participant in the data marketplace: https://data.iota.org/#participants

Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:43:00 AM

Thanks pal, really happy that you are bullish on IOTA, invested in it also. Really liked how you investigated ZenCash, bought it at the same time but I missed that train setting my sell order too low (lost 350% profit because of 20%). Too much noise in the crypto space, so people get confused, my strategy is to find reliable people and follow their advice, and you are right there in the top 5. This confirmation on IOTA (other smart investors reccomend it also) is a very good sign for me.

In case I have missed some of your other favorites, can you list them here? Just a short list, nothing more.

Thanks man. Smiley
As I said already, I do not have many advices. I think the mistake people do is the search for the low market cap ICOs, the hidden pearls and the next x1000 coin, while they miss projects like IOTA which are already big but still can do easy x10 or x30 during the next 1-2 years. The IOT industry is predicted to reach 2020 a market cap of nearly 300 billions according to Forbes.

I bought this book and it will be one of several I will read in the next time: https://www.amazon.com/IoT-Inc-Company-Internet-Outcome/dp/1260025896

XMR is another coin I love and where I expect a nice market cap of 5-10 billions in 2018, NEO could make great progress in China.

Who are the other 4 guys you find their advice useful?

The thing that pisses me off about IOTA is the ongoing snapshots, disappearing balances(having to generate new addresses in a new wallet to get the funds back) and loss of access to your coins when the devs decide to move them all to an address they control and you have to wait a month for them to release a new tool to try and get them back.

Yes but the difference is: Where most people see problems, I see an opportunity. If you take your time and analyze the IOTA foundation, the dedicated developers and their visions for the future, as also the partnerships they have forged one can see that this is a big project which is fighting with some bugs and problems (but ETH had them too). This is the timepoint to buy an oversold coin which has been FUDed to the ground. IOTA was at 1.10 USD and now is hovering around 0.35.

Exactly! And the truth is, There is no projects that appears without having a weakness, but if that just a minor like nothing lost from you at all I say could that IOTA's future is great success. Also if this kind of little issue leads the community into disappointment I believe iota now is already in a great discussion for solving the issue and that will be perfect.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 12:12:00 PM

More efficient than free?

Speed is network dependent so if the network is large enough the tx are >1000tps. I believe that is the goal for this quarter.

From the ANN page, request looks P2P, so not in direct competition with IOTA, though IOTA will gain P2P market share with better wallets--TBH, the P2P market is already saturated, so not really interested in another P2P solution, at least not as an investment.

Hmm. Then in your opinion which coin would be a direct competitor with IOTA? And please don't say there's nothing like it, because if there were truly nothing like IOTA, its price would be much higher than it is. I'm a little less informed than you when it comes to this coin so just looking for your thoughts.

There's nothing like it.

Seriously, there's only one serious competitor and they are still in the early stages https://hdac.io/. Not sure why you presume price would be higher if there was no competition? Bitcoin's price was lowest when it had no competition--price follows awareness.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 12:14:21 PM

Dutch Municipalities  to use IOTA for digital services: https://discipl.org/dutch-municipalities-about-to-use-iota-for-digital-services-in-2018/

martyMC

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:57:16 PM

municipalities? Why do they need iota?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: