Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:51:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA is the next big thing  (Read 45349 times)
luchins

Activity: 204
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:10:51 AM

Lotta people confident in IOTA but after seeing how the developers respond to their followers I really don't see a long term future for this unless they clean up their act. Even then the Tangle is... clunky.

You do know what "BETA" and "not production ready" mean -- I'll remind you in 6-8 months that you didn't.

It has been  ''''BETA''''  for  5  years

We are in 2018, still beta, no wallet, funds  has been  disapeared in December,  Tangle full  of  bugs  discovered  by researchers

How long should the protocal layer of the IOT take? If it were easy, someone would have already done it--especially given the estimates for the IOT market are in the tens of trillions of dollars.

There is a wallet--not sure why you keep repeating this fallacy. I think you confused another poster's comment on hardwallets for wallet apps--but you seem to get a lot of details wrong and keep repeating them, so not at all surprising.

They held everyone's funds that were in danger and are in the process of giving them back--both Bitcoin and Ethreum have had major software issues, and if you spent as much time scouring for their FUD, you would have found them and acknowldege what most rational people realize--that software is never perfect and development is an iterative process. Just a reminder for those who would rather not be purveyors of a double standard https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Value_overflow_incident <--if that had been IOTA, imagine the outcry.

Heilman's research is contested (he also has a conflict of interest with his link to daglabs) and the IOTA devs removed the hash function in question, despite their belief that Heilman was mistaken. I'll wait for the third party researchers to determine who was correct.

You  didn't told me  why the  token  should  increase  value.

WHY  should IOTA token increase value'

Do you know  the  law  of supply and demand?   2  BILLION TOKENS

LEARN ECONOMY

LEARN TO READ

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2357298.msg34811358#msg34811358

So,  as  seen  that  you are smart, let  me to know   what  do you  think about  the competition.

What  about  IOTtex?

https://thebitcoin.pub/t/iotex-the-iota-killer/33356

https://www.iotex.io/FAQ

IoT has rapidly evolved over the years, but lacks real “killer applications”. McKinsey predicted that IoT could generate up to $11.1 trillion per year in economic value by 2025. Despite the potential of IoT, there are roadblocks ahead: lack of scalability, privacy concerns, and lack of functional values. IoTeX solves these problems by introducing a blockchain-in-blockchain architecture with token economy. By combining token incentives with community efforts, we believe we can crowdsource industry and community talents to address these technical challenges in IoT development.

At the highest level, we have four main innovations: 1. Blockchain-in-blockchain architecture which ensures privacy and prevents IoT information leakage; 2. Built-in privacy based on lightweight cryptography; 3. Real-time consensus with instant finality, which improves the throughput of the network, and reduces transactional cost, and boosts efficient cross-blockchain communication; 4. Subchain-as-a-service (SAAS) to facilitate fast prototyping and production of new IoT applications and ecosystems.

And  IOT chain.

So  IOTA use  DAG

Dag  is  a techno in its  infanc  and  FULL OF  BUGS

Which  one to choose?  Clearly  IOt chain and  IOTex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ananas99

Activity: 632
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:26:37 AM

To see the growth of this coin, you need to be sure that the project of the Internet of things will develop. Only in this case he has a chance to meet all expectations. Therefore, we take a coin for the next two years and look forward to happiness.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:46:05 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 08:35:32 AM by generalizethis

Lotta people confident in IOTA but after seeing how the developers respond to their followers I really don't see a long term future for this unless they clean up their act. Even then the Tangle is... clunky.

You do know what "BETA" and "not production ready" mean -- I'll remind you in 6-8 months that you didn't.

It has been  ''''BETA''''  for  5  years

We are in 2018, still beta, no wallet, funds  has been  disapeared in December,  Tangle full  of  bugs  discovered  by researchers

How long should the protocal layer of the IOT take? If it were easy, someone would have already done it--especially given the estimates for the IOT market are in the tens of trillions of dollars.

There is a wallet--not sure why you keep repeating this fallacy. I think you confused another poster's comment on hardwallets for wallet apps--but you seem to get a lot of details wrong and keep repeating them, so not at all surprising.

They held everyone's funds that were in danger and are in the process of giving them back--both Bitcoin and Ethreum have had major software issues, and if you spent as much time scouring for their FUD, you would have found them and acknowldege what most rational people realize--that software is never perfect and development is an iterative process. Just a reminder for those who would rather not be purveyors of a double standard https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Value_overflow_incident <--if that had been IOTA, imagine the outcry.

Heilman's research is contested (he also has a conflict of interest with his link to daglabs) and the IOTA devs removed the hash function in question, despite their belief that Heilman was mistaken. I'll wait for the third party researchers to determine who was correct.

You  didn't told me  why the  token  should  increase  value.

WHY  should IOTA token increase value'

Do you know  the  law  of supply and demand?   2  BILLION TOKENS

LEARN ECONOMY

LEARN TO READ

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2357298.msg34811358#msg34811358

So,  as  seen  that  you are smart, let  me to know   what  do you  think about  the competition.

What  about  IOTtex?

https://thebitcoin.pub/t/iotex-the-iota-killer/33356

https://www.iotex.io/FAQ

IoT has rapidly evolved over the years, but lacks real “killer applications”. McKinsey predicted that IoT could generate up to $11.1 trillion per year in economic value by 2025. Despite the potential of IoT, there are roadblocks ahead: lack of scalability, privacy concerns, and lack of functional values. IoTeX solves these problems by introducing a blockchain-in-blockchain architecture with token economy. By combining token incentives with community efforts, we believe we can crowdsource industry and community talents to address these technical challenges in IoT development.

At the highest level, we have four main innovations: 1. Blockchain-in-blockchain architecture which ensures privacy and prevents IoT information leakage; 2. Built-in privacy based on lightweight cryptography; 3. Real-time consensus with instant finality, which improves the throughput of the network, and reduces transactional cost, and boosts efficient cross-blockchain communication; 4. Subchain-as-a-service (SAAS) to facilitate fast prototyping and production of new IoT applications and ecosystems.

And  IOT chain.

So  IOTA use  DAG

Dag  is  a techno in its  infanc  and  FULL OF  BUGS

Which  one to choose?  Clearly  IOt chain and  IOTex

One of those is Both of those are ERC-20 token(s), which means it's both are as suitable for the IOT as much as Ethereum, which is not at all. Let me know when they have their own network(s) up.

The other One I've never heard of, but if they ae layering on top of blockchains (as the quoted material suggest), then they are adding inefficiency and fees.

Given IOTA's relationships with those most interested in IOT, governments and corporations, they are the leaders in the clubhouse--though you could just check CMC.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:59:33 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 10:55:35 AM by generalizethis

DCX.TECHNOLOGY is presenting an IOTA POC @ Hannover Messe. DCX.TECHNOLOGY is "the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company. With $25 billion in annual revenues and nearly 6,000 clients in more than 70 countries..."  Taken from: http://www.dxc.technology/about_us/ds/140019-our_history .

More comprehensive article translated: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.finanznachrichten.de%2Fnachrichten-2018-04%2F43568021-industrie-4-0-mit-blockchain-sicher-machen-iota-und-dxc-technology-zeigen-live-demo-auf-der-hannover-messe-007.htm&edit-text=&act=url

Tweet from their German media: https://twitter.com/DXCdach/status/986582632258404353

tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:52:50 AM

The peaq project, a portal into the token economy built on IOTA: https://medium.com/advanced-blockchain/the-peaq-project-81d8fe0f1eb

Lets see how this works out Smiley

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 01:03:14 PM

World's first IOTA charging station: https://www.elaad.nl/news/worlds-first-iota-charging-station-released/

luchins

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:54:18 PM

IOT  CHAIN  is   ERC20  for  the  moment.   It  will have its  own network.

It  has  BFT  consensous,  which is  SECURE

A  word  that the  TANGLE  does  not  know  ''SECURITY''

It's  because is   a  tecnlogy  on its  infancy, so it  is  unsecure  by definition, full of  bugs,  vulnerabilities

At the first attak on the network, IOTA  will probably lose all its  value  the same as it happened  Nano

Iot chain has  BFT consensus, this means  that the security and  privacy is  a must

IOT chain will also  utilize  DAG   plus  BFT consensous
hirozaki faraday

Activity: 266
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:05:06 PM

Great presentation on how the technology landscape will change as IOT becomes ubiquitous in our lives and how DLTs will need to adapt to the demands. Presenter: Terry Shane, Founder of the bIOTAsphere in Toronto, and CEO of Refined Data Solutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KDRc23Vj7w
darkanonim

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 08:09:01 PM

I am sure that this is an excellent and very promising project. It seems to me that this coin will bring great profit in a few months. I like the idea of this project.
luchins

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:50:19 AM

What  do you think about  CPCchain?  They scale  horizontaly the same like IOTA

What  do you  think about  Radix?

Those   two  will  overtake IOTA
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 03:35:53 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 06:52:40 AM by generalizethis

Just tried to use IOTA wallet a couple of time and if you don't get stress, then maybe the coin worth the hype.

I never used a wallet so poor. Really. And i'm a true shitcoiner, this is the by far the crapiest wallet I ever used. They really need to improve this in order to make any sense the current market cap.

You should have tried using Monero's official CLI wallet, noobs wouldn't even bother. For the longest time I had correct them when they claimed the coin was shit because of the wallet. But guess what happened when new wallets appeared? Some of us get in before the noobs figure out what's goin on, and my guess, is that's why the smart money is on IOTA.

Evolution of tech:

1. Early process where the developers are trying to make the tech stable. Noobs bitch about usability.

2. Tech is stable and wallets abound (notice this list is specific to crypto)--"Yeah!" Noobs rejoice.

3. A bunch of developers see the money that the new tech is making and start copy/pasing everything. Noobs read this as, "Look how easy it is to develop new technology!"

4. Early process of an atcual new technology--developers are trying to make the tech stable. Noobs bitch about usability....

*You can also throw in some glitches that the noobs weren't around to see in previous itterations and the old guard conviently forget because they are more worried about their bags than being fair and honest.

luchins

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:17:20 AM

Just tried to use IOTA wallet a couple of time and if you don't get stress, then maybe the coin worth the hype.

I never used a wallet so poor. Really. And i'm a true shitcoiner, this is the by far the crapiest wallet I ever used. They really need to improve this in order to make any sense the current market cap.

You should have tried using Monero's official CLI wallet, noobs wouldn't even bother. For the longest time I had correct them when they claimed the coin was shit because of the wallet. But guess what happened when new wallets appeared? Some of us get in before the noobs figure out what's goin on, and my guess, is that's why the smart money is on IOTA.

Evolution of tech:

1. Early process where the developers are trying to make the tech stable. Noobs bitch about usability.

2. Tech is stable and wallets abound (notice this list is specific to crypto)--"Yeah!" Noobs rejoice.

3. A bunch of developers see the money that the new tech is making and start copy/pasing everything. Noobs read this as, "Look how easy it is to develop new technology!"

4. Early process of an atcual new technology--developers are trying to make the tech stable. Noobs bitch about usability....

*You can also throw in some glitches that the noobs weren't around to see in previous itterations and the old guard conviently forget because they are more worried about their bags than being fair and honest.

Can you tell  me  why  don't  you see  in CPC-Chain a  competitor?

I have  red  that  ITC (IOT chain) will have  fees, so  this  will make  it  unfeaseble  for IOT  (I think),  but  CPC chain scales  horizontallly 

thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:26:55 AM

IOTA is a good and strong project.
And the most important thing that it is a project from China and this country already gave us many high-quality coins.
The only thing that can scare the market is that China doesn't have a certain attitude towards crypto yet.

It will only be a matter of time. IOTA will be very good coin, like other coins from China.

We must only wait for this, for something what will be sure
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 09:36:30 AM

This is most likely the IOTA POCs that Fujitsu will be unveiling at Hannover Messe. The nodes are especially interesting as that lends credibility to the contention that businesses and governments would be using their own nodes to secure IOT tx (though it's only one corporation's POC, it would make sense to make sure their tx aren't subject to outside interference).

https://twitter.com/kaipasing/status/987019416352280577

Artlee87

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:52:57 AM

In my opinion the cryptos with the highest potential are "mother-coins", alternate blockchains (Directed Acyclic Graph); and platforms for smart contract development. I see BTC, ETH, XRP, NEO, and IOTA being in the future top 5 consistently. The only thing that makes me skeptical of IOTA's potential to rise far more than it already has is it's supply. There's basically 200x more of them than BTC and it's market cap is already 1/25th of BTC.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 11:19:08 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 11:41:37 AM by generalizethis

In my opinion the cryptos with the highest potential are "mother-coins", alternate blockchains (Directed Acyclic Graph); and platforms for smart contract development. I see BTC, ETH, XRP, NEO, and IOTA being in the future top 5 consistently. The only thing that makes me skeptical of IOTA's potential to rise far more than it already has is it's supply. There's basically 200x more of them than BTC and it's market cap is already 1/25th of BTC.

I'll disagree on two points. There needs to be digital cash in the world (blackmarkets, untaxed income, corruption, finacial privacy*) and Monero is the best digital cash that we currently have. Second,  IOTA doesn't have a decimal point (which makes its smallest unit comparable with BTC's Satoshis, which are a good base for microtransactions), so it needs to grow to handle the demands of the IOT (liquidity is a thing), which is estimated in the tens of trillions of dollars in the next decades.

*These markets are in the trillions and they are only going to get more digital as time goes on.

ajeef

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:39:05 AM

Yes IOTA catched my eye last year and it is really good project. The speed that IOTA can produce with zero fees is amazing. I bealived that the price will be higher in this year so I bought it a lot but the price just doesn't
want to go up, people just don't want to buy it and i really don't know why. I am in loss so far...
henrybek3

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:03:19 PM

I think IOTA has a serious potential with the idea of ​​the project, but I think it is a little behind other tokens because it is not possible to put a product that works clearly. With the widespread use of intelligent devices connected to the internet, it will find a serious market for itself
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 01:28:07 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 08:29:25 PM by generalizethis

Evolution of tech:

Can you tell  me  why  don't  you see  in CPC-Chain a  competitor?

I have  red  that  ITC (IOT chain) will have  fees, so  this  will make  it  unfeaseble  for IOT  (I think),  but  CPC chain scales  horizontallly  

Never heard of it. You should look on their site if you want to research it, then cross-reference their claims with agnostic data. I generally find that the better the project, the more you learn about what users in that sector want, as the project was created to fill a need, rather than to just wow speculators.

Evolution of tech:

You may have a point, but i still desagree.

IOTA is already on top10 with ~5billion marketcap with this crap wallet. We are probably not going to see any "moon" here, different of monero (by the time you are talking about) and either other coins with potential and low-medium market cap.

This "before" in IOTA already happened a considerable time ago.

As far as mooning, the needs of IOT are what will raise the price--I wasn't suggesting that only the wallet would substantially raise the price. Even with Monero, it was a gradual increase once more user friendly wallets were released (along with other improvents). It's a barrier for a certain type of investor/specualtor who only evaluates what he/she can see and doesn't have a good grasp of software development.

gold1112

Activity: 196
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:52:49 PM

I think IOTA has a serious potential with the idea of ​​the project, but I think it is a little behind other tokens because it is not possible to put a product that works clearly. With the widespread use of intelligent devices connected to the internet, it will find a serious market for itself
Yes but there is not a wallet for IOTA yet, i don't feel safe without having my coins on my hardware wallet. Its strange
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: