Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:51:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread  (Read 808624 times)
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:09:46 AM

So are there any official news about when will we get dividends again?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
szmarco

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:14:15 AM

So are there any official news about when will we get dividends again?
No.we all are waiting for it. I asked the sales account on weibo.com but he didn't response.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:04:16 AM

Just FYI, anyone talking about the price going lower has already sold out and is hoping to buy in lower.

Pitiful, guys.  I thought you were better.

+1

Considering the last wave of divs was well over 0.2 BTC in total...honestly, you'd have to be a damn fool at this point.
Timetwister
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:36:34 AM

Just FYI, anyone talking about the price going lower has already sold out and is hoping to buy in lower.

+1

Considering the last wave of divs was well over 0.2 BTC in total...honestly, you'd have to be a damn fool at this point.

Past dividends are quite irrelevant, what matters are expected future dividends. And we haven't received any, nor any notice, in months, so I wouldn't expect much.
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:38:15 AM

+1

The Patient

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:38:34 AM

+1

Past dividends are quite irrelevant, what matters are expected future dividends. And we haven't received any, nor any notice, in months, so I wouldn't expect much.

Can't decide if friedcat's silence on the matter means enormous div or zero...
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:54:54 AM

+1

Let me help you with that, ZERO

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Timetwister
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:59:50 AM

If he had any good news, we would know them, as they would increase they value of his company. It's really suspicious that we don't have any news. I also hope that we get big dividends again, but I don't find it very likely to happen.
lophie

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:01:26 AM

+1

I guess you want to buy back in....

I already did for hodling, but this weekend is NOT div time

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:36:44 AM

+1

And how is your investment in alcheminer?! Any divs? Grin
lophie

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:04:48 PM

+1

No my alcheminer hodling long time investment did not return any divs yet. So what is your point? I am not trying a poke-pokeback game I am just helping him with the FACTS.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:34:21 PM

Ohai!

yes you have proven you are right about some of the things some of the time lambchop, but not all of the things all of the time. When talking about AM, you need to factor in AM as a whole, and not just selectively discuss "AM's history on havelock" and expect to get away with implying that to mean AM's entire history.

No.  I have made many mistakes, but when it comes to Bitcoin securities?  None.
Here, I have been right all of the time.
Inb4 HUMILITY:  Being right here is as laudable as remembering to breathe.  Oh, and AM?  Here:

How's it goin'?
trek27

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:16:46 PM

One thing is pure trolling. Recognizing reality is something completely different.

I am amazed by the fact that there are always some shareholders who are openly hostile to the second group and are bashing every one trying to discuss problems/week aspects by accusing them for all evil intentions like 'talking down' shares. Such approach limits useability of this forum.

However, I admit that in current 'machiavellic' reality that surrounds most of us it's quite difficult to keep objectivity. Good luck guys.

KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:29:12 PM

One thing is pure trolling. Recognizing reality is something completely different.

I am amazed by the fact that there are always some shareholders who are openly hostile to the second group and are bashing every one trying to discuss problems/week aspects by accusing them for all evil intentions like 'talking down' shares. Such approach limits useability of this forum.

However, I admit that in current 'machiavellic' reality that surrounds most of us it's quite difficult to keep objectivity. Good luck guys.

I do not take anything personally from any of my fellow shareholders, it has been a long and challenging wait for most of us. This is the speculation thread so this is where the discussion of share price will take place and should. Playing the rumors and news cycles on the orderbook is a big risk at this point. If dividends come you are 100% shut out, and it has been a long wait to come to this point so I feel the amount of investors working this angle is exaggerated.

bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:47:23 PM

First of all, I would appreciate if you guys stopped replying to trolls, the ignore system in this forum sucks. Whats the point of ignoring them if they get quoted everytime.
Secondly, butthurts are also becoming trollish.

There is no point in debating about positions or opinions.
If there isn't a constructive criticism or an objective analysis, please learn to refrain yourselves and stop feeding a troll.
It isn't a secret that Friedcat missed several deadlines, and although I am against bothering him with a barrage of questions whenever we are curious about anything, I expect a responsible man to at least come out and make a statement when a deadline or a milestone isn't achieved. This worries me.

On the other hand to be fair we have to weight in the following:
1) He seems to be highly ethical. He NEVER lied to his customers on the specs, he was cautious on mentioning the performance after he got it tested, and overdelivered on the official specs of the final product, offering redundancy (extra hashing) as an insurance. Besides that, projects like open sourcing the miners is unique so far in the industry.
2) He had the first liquid cooling mining centre last year, which shows he has some proactive initiative.
3) He achieved key partnerships with datacentres and mining farms.
4) Started mining again, from july (300ish~ position in BTCGuild on July grew steadily to 4th position NOW)

So it is far from being dead, and there is still some fight left.
The weak points I see is that he seems to be bearing with too many responsabilities and there is the risk of being burnt out, and I suspect he is having no life right now, with little sleep. He seems to be responsible of designing the chips, dealing with the fabs, dealing with the farms, offering customer support, handling the sales, offering PR, I mean, come on, Friedcat isn't superman.
I don't know how he is handling internally the production, assembly and logistics, but from his marketing campaign I can infer that he doesn't have trained employees. Even though I see that he has a strategic mind and that his heart is in the right place, from this I infer that he doesn't really have training in business. He seriously should consider either some entrepreneurship bootcamp, executive coaching, joining an accelerator, having an advisory board or even taking an ugly MBA.

Anyways, even with his shortcomings, this company is ethically sound. (Those complaining about missing targets, you'll have to elucidate who was the audience that Friedcat was addressing with that preliminary information. It was information intended to inform shareholders, not to lure customers. The final spec for customers was announced AFTER the final testing was completed, and the customer was fed with the exact specs they would be receiving. Again, from the customers perspective it is still a company that is underpromising and overdelivering. So far, it is the only company that has been doing that, and they were able to do that because …they don't presale.)
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:13:35 PM

First of all, ...

+1 Very well said. Thank you

NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:59:38 PM

+1

No my alcheminer hodling long time investment did not return any divs yet. So what is your point? I am not trying a poke-pokeback game I am just helping him with the FACTS.

Didnt meant to poke. Just implied it was basically the same long term investment strategy with AM. Hence no need to be over dramatic about the current situation.   
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:59:05 PM

Anyone else find it interesting that Bitmain is taking preorders for a Litecoin miner to be released in December? I haven't heard any good Litecoin news recently, so it's possible AM is forcing other manufacturers to start developing alternative hardware. I could be reading too far into the announcement, but it seems they would be concentrating their efforts on an S4 or U3 if it were profitable.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
Endlessa

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:53:43 PM

Anyone else find it interesting that Bitmain is taking preorders for a Litecoin miner to be released in December? I haven't heard any good Litecoin news recently, so it's possible AM is forcing other manufacturers to start developing alternative hardware. I could be reading too far into the announcement, but it seems they would be concentrating their efforts on an S4 or U3 if it were profitable.

Or hardware manufactures just like money.  I doubt AM is forcing anybody anywhere right now.  Also, you can hire more than one engineering team, once you have the supply lines in place, it gets easier to  diversify your product offerings.
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:22:03 PM

Anyone else find it interesting that Bitmain is taking preorders for a Litecoin miner to be released in December? I haven't heard any good Litecoin news recently, so it's possible AM is forcing other manufacturers to start developing alternative hardware. I could be reading too far into the announcement, but it seems they would be concentrating their efforts on an S4 or U3 if it were profitable.

Or hardware manufactures just like money.  I doubt AM is forcing anybody anywhere right now.  Also, you can hire more than one engineering team, once you have the supply lines in place, it gets easier to  diversify your product offerings.

Of course, but why not take preorders for an S4?

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 »
  Print  

Jump to: