Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread  (Read 808657 times)
sharky101

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:48:53 PM

Well there seems to be some rumbling in our moon-rocket.. .09 is definitely no longer the bottom.  

I would suggest with the Prisma in full shipping, anyone who was waiting to buy back in has simply lost their chance.

AM shareholder right?

I think you're the only one who follows this thread who is not a shareholder...

Nah, I drop by occasionally.  
BTW, careful about keeping stuff on Havelock.  It can't continue operating in the red indefinitely.  The losses may or may not stem from the proprietor's not sweating the details, like the difference between the numerals 2 and 3.  Not that numbers matter much in finance.

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/reportdownload.php?id=124

All the more reason to move to a bitcoin 2.0 system like counterparty. If you follow storj or swarm these all have assets on counterparty which can also be traded on the counterparty decentralised exchange (safety) or on centralised exchanges like poloniex.

I imagine friedcat hasn't made the move because of the admin required.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:03:44 PM

Yeah Im waiting for the day fc move to a decentralised exchange.

This pm / email to transfer to havelock is bs.
sharky101

Activity: 108

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:33:57 PM

I would say Havelock is the one of the highest risks to the success of AM. AM is completely dependant on havelock to determine current market price. It's a very risky situation for us shareholders to to be in and a very powerful one for the admins of havelock.

Board members need to push for change. In the end moving to counterparty/alternative would reduce admin - shareholders could also sleep at night knowing their shares are cryptographically embedded into the blockchain.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:55:59 PM

I would say Havelock is the one of the highest risks to the success of AM. AM is completely dependant on havelock to determine current market price. It's a very risky situation for us shareholders to to be in and a very powerful one for the admins of havelock.

Board members need to push for change. In the end moving to counterparty/alternative would reduce admin - shareholders could also sleep at night knowing their shares are cryptographically embedded into the blockchain.

1/ what would i need in case of havelock being shut down to reclaim (prove) the shares i have over there? is the adress where i sent the BTC enough?

2/ what are the options regarding decentralized exchange? i hear a lot about it here and there yet nothing concrete.
    should it be some sort of layer on top of bitcoin? bitshares? colored coins maybe?
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:01:17 PM

All the more reason to move to a bitcoin 2.0 system like counterparty.

+10
http://counterparty.io/
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:43:03 PM

havelock is bottleneck for price discovery because only a fraction of shares are being trade there and the market is thin.
moving to things like counterparty make all shares (maybe minus fc and bitfountain) available for trade,

I for one, do not so keen to pm / email fc/hl to transfer back and forth while keeping fingers crossed.
pretty sure there are folks out there wanting to speculate AM, but not want to get involve in a centralized thin market + fc ping pong.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:06:59 AM

I think AM's been rotating its hashing power through the pools.  Bitminter has spiked from 1.150 PH/s to well over 2.2 PH for 1-2 days a few times now in the past couple of weeks.  Plus, the mining address just gets completely random payouts from everywhere.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:51:11 PM

Does anyone else have the strong suspicion that Friedcat et al. apparently don't seem to mind the share price tanking?  Maybe even avoiding communicating to the shareholders intentionally, to see that price falls closer to it's target?  

This is what I've been thinking for a few months now.  It seems it would have been easy posting an update here and there to try and calm people down and support the price a bit.   But it's almost like Friedcat *wants* a low share price.   My next thought is - why?   Maybe to buy more shares, or to allow his local partners to buy more shares?

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:56:39 PM

Does anyone else have the strong suspicion that Friedcat et al. apparently don't seem to mind the share price tanking?  Maybe even avoiding communicating to the shareholders intentionally, to see that price fall closer to it's target?  

This is what I've been thinking for a few months now.  It seems it would have been easy posting an update here and there to try and calm people down and support the price a bit.   But it's almost like Friedcat *wants* a low share price.   My next thought is - why?   Maybe to buy more shares, or to allow his local partners to buy more shares?

nah, i just think the guy is too busy. lot of stuff to be done.
but i agree FC seems not to give a f#ck about the share price.
which is not that bad from the company's operational perpesctive.
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:07:27 PM

Does anyone else have the strong suspicion that Friedcat et al. apparently don't seem to mind the share price tanking?  Maybe even avoiding communicating to the shareholders intentionally, to see that price falls closer to it's target?  

I would not be surprised if there would be forced buyback
KarmaShark

Activity: 616
Merit: 559

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:34:15 PM

This is something I have been considering as a possibility of late. Hopefully if this does come to pass the buyback price is fair to investors, this has been a brutal wait.
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:40:33 PM

Does anyone else have the strong suspicion that Friedcat et al. apparently don't seem to mind the share price tanking?  Maybe even avoiding communicating to the shareholders intentionally, to see that price falls closer to it's target?   

This is what I've been thinking for a few months now.  It seems it would have been easy posting an update here and there to try and calm people down and support the price a bit.   But it's almost like Friedcat *wants* a low share price.   My next thought is - why?   Maybe to buy more shares, or to allow his local partners to buy more shares?

This is something I have been considering as a possibility of late. Hopefully if this does come to pass the buyback price is fair to investors, this has been a brutal wait.

im not even sure the IPO terms allow any buyback.
+ buyback are generally used when the company is doing great and/or in order to increase the share price.

seriously this whole story is quite dull.
Bitfountain already possess 2/3 of the shares..
There is no manipulation whatsover for letting friends in or some hidden buyback.
just a lack of liquidity combined with a lack of communication. which both means NOTHING.
KarmaShark

Activity: 616
Merit: 559

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:49:37 PM

Does anyone else have the strong suspicion that Friedcat et al. apparently don't seem to mind the share price tanking?  Maybe even avoiding communicating to the shareholders intentionally, to see that price falls closer to it's target?   

This is what I've been thinking for a few months now.  It seems it would have been easy posting an update here and there to try and calm people down and support the price a bit.   But it's almost like Friedcat *wants* a low share price.   My next thought is - why?   Maybe to buy more shares, or to allow his local partners to buy more shares?

im not even sure the IPO terms allow any buyback.
+ buyback are generally used when the company is doing great and/or in order to increase the share price.

seriously this whole story is quite dull.
Bitfountain already possess 2/3 of the shares..
There is no manipulation whatsover for letting friends in or some hidden buyback.
just a lack of liquidity combined with a lack of communication. which both means NOTHING.

Agreed, the company has a solid ethical track record so I do not believe there is any manipulation happening. And the volume is so low on HL there would be no point anyways. I would not completely rule out a buyback in the future though. given how Fried Cat has stated he likes to work for himself first. I would not see this as a sign the company is doing poor either, more so a sign that they are going to do well and may want to shed the burden of having shareholders.

All speculation, the most likely scenario is still a successful Gen4 sometime this Winter. I have been conditioned to long periods of nothingness as a AM shareholder, and then BOOM, rocket launch. It would be very much appreciated if some sign of life from FC or a board member appeared eventually.
tsm13

Activity: 95

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:26:33 PM

some speculation for you. Mentioned in the other thread some check mate for other miner producers.

What if friedcat was the bearwhale, btc value drops and hurts many mining farms, producers etc

Another speculative thing I have been thinking of, FC mentioned that when designing the PCB should allow for different size chips. What if Gen4 chips just require a diy into the current prism miners, wouldn't that change the game a bit?
jjdub7

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:03:13 AM

some speculation for you. Mentioned in the other thread some check mate for other miner producers.

What if friedcat was the bearwhale, btc value drops and hurts many mining farms, producers etc

+1

It also makes the tubes and prismas damn cheap for potential customers.
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:17:05 AM

The problem with this stock for me is the following 'theory':

----
It used to be that FriedCat needed to keep us happy; but now he doesn't - so it's possible we're all left with shares he feels no need to honour.
(And for which we have no practical legal avenues to pursue)

He needed us shareholders back when mining was well distributed and the average Joe was buying miners, because these shares were used as collateral for resellers, and also because many of the shareholders were end users. Reputation and sales would have suffered if he'd defaulted earlier.

Now he can sell in bulk to a few operators with large datacenters - and they will buy his chips/machines to profit - whether he's screwing over shareholders or not.
Even if those large operators pull back - he's probably now in a much better position to self-mine.
He just doesn't need to keep shareholders and thousands of end-user miners happy any more.
----

If that's true - I'm one of the bagholders.  Though many of you probably think that's implausible - I think the suspicion this is true is what's keeping the price down.
It's certainly why I'm not buying any more shares - no matter what pictures I see of progress.

Only dividends will dispel this fear for me.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
jjdub7

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:55:14 AM

In other news, this is the most multisig addys I've ever seen this concentrated between accounts.

https://blockchain.info/address/3KBUuGko4H5ke7EVsq9B7PLK1c5Askdd7y
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:10:13 PM

----
It used to be that FriedCat needed to keep us happy; but now he doesn't - so it's possible we're all left with shares he feels no need to honour.

He needed us shareholders back when mining was well distributed and the average Joe was buying miners, because these shares were used as collateral for resellers, and also because many of the shareholders were end users. Reputation and sales would have suffered if he'd defaulted earlier.

Now he can sell in bulk to a few operators with large datacenters - and they will buy his chips/machines to profit - whether he's screwing over shareholders or not.
Even if those large operators pull back - he's probably now in a much better position to self-mine.
He just doesn't need to keep shareholders and thousands of end-user miners happy any more.
----

If that's true - I'm one of the bagholders.  Though many of you probably think that's implausible - I think the suspicion this is true is what's keeping the price down.
It's certainly why I'm not buying any more shares - no matter what pictures I see of progress.

One thing I'd like to point out:  at the end of August I asked Friedcat if the franchise model is still on offer, and what my shares would be worth as collateral.   The amount of equipment they were willing to put up for the same amount of shares has only increased, at that point, and I can't remember off the top of my head, but Friedcat absolutely does value the shares, since he is willing to ship thousands of $'s worth of equipment for them.     My power costs and the margins are such that I couldn't do the franchise and make any real profit though.

But I think that's something to consider - Friedcat does value these shares!

Also, I didn't mean to suggest a buy-back - I also don't think that's within the rules for some reason, and not what I was suggesting.   What I was suggesting was that everyone is sort of assuming that Friedcat wants the share price to go up, but there could be reasons why he doesn't.   I remember A LONG TIME AGO, Friedcat posting something along the lines of not caring about the share price being so high or something along those lines.   This was when the share price was much higher, and going up...
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:56:06 PM

When it comes to asic mining hardware manufacturers secrecy is the norm

In other news, KNCminer officially calls it quits for delivering any product to customers and goes for 20% of network through self mining and asks for more investment cash.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jdany

Activity: 644

Inspired

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:00:54 PM

----

----

One thing I'd like to point out:  at the end of August I asked Friedcat if the franchise model is still on offer, and what my shares would be worth as collateral.   The amount of equipment they were willing to put up for the same amount of shares has only increased, at that point, and I can't remember off the top of my head, but Friedcat absolutely does value the shares, since he is willing to ship thousands of $'s worth of equipment for them.     My power costs and the margins are such that I couldn't do the franchise and make any real profit though.

But I think that's something to consider - Friedcat does value these shares!

Also, I didn't mean to suggest a buy-back - I also don't think that's within the rules for some reason, and not what I was suggesting.   What I was suggesting was that everyone is sort of assuming that Friedcat wants the share price to go up, but there could be reasons why he doesn't.   I remember A LONG TIME AGO, Friedcat posting something along the lines of not caring about the share price being so high or something along those lines.   This was when the share price was much higher, and going up...

Did he respond to your request?
I asked, twice, if the franchising was still available - no reply.
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 »
  Print  

Jump to: