Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:04:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13241 times)
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:56:41 AM

Everybody wants to profit from his business.Holding a bitcoin is also a business.So he will get hold of it, what is there to be greedy?He can not be greedy in any way.
You are right a lot of the people are now using the bitcoin and with the time it will become the world currency it is the best time for the bitcoin and the value of the bitcoin will be high as a lot of the people are buying and the bitcoin and holding s the basic strategy of the bitcoin is making the all things easy and the safe for the people who are buying and selling the bitcoin now the bitcoin is increasing so it is eh best time to hold the bitcoin.

Most of the people if get more income and it will get the more information for investing. then people get more money and save for future purpose. so it will hold the bitcoin greedy. Bitcoin is future currency. So it will hold the bitcoin some future purposes. Bitcoin is give more information for the business improvement and process handling. Bitcoin is good to use for the future growth.

Holding bitcoin is not greedy because the ones who bought them early on took a chance. Anyone, unless you lived under a rock, heard about Bitcoin early on enough, where if they took it seriously and looked into it enough to be able to comforatbly invest in it then they would be laughing right now because that would've been under $500 and now look at what the price is, and it's only still getting started.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:59:30 AM

Holding bitcoin is not greedy but it is a risky move. The perfect time to sell your bitcoins must be your aim to gain the return of your investment.
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:18:10 PM

I don't agree with you, Holding Bitcoin is a smart investment not a greed. Just like investing in a business/stock to earn maximum return, Bitcoin is the most popular and efficient investment tool of our times. So calling BTC HODLing can't be a greedy move.
francis2

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:24:00 AM

I don't think that holding bitcoin is greedy. An individual who's aspirant on become rich someday should not be thrifty. Bitcoin is a matter of investment just like in stocks. If you maintain your bitcoin in your wallet for a long term, it could increase or decrease because one does not know when bitcoin would reach their margin and decrease. As of the moment, I believe that Bitcoin is on the verge of increasing it's value since more and more investors come to realize that Bitcoin would be the next good thing.
Correct, that is just being smart, that is having a vision for the future, that is why I’m holding my bitcoin as well, if people want to spend their bitcoin right now let them, I’m going to hold and become rich in the future while other people regret not having any bitcoin anymore.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:39:38 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?
Well you have a point, but correction, holders of bitcoin like me may not actually end up with nothing but may only ending up with lesser value. I respect your perspective about holding bitcoins but for me that is not greed, that is being wise. Yes it's true that earning bigger in the future is one of my reason why I hold btc but that's not my no. 1 reason. My major reason why I hold bitcoins is because I know to myself that I'm not yet competitive to deal with mining, trading or even investing, so for now I save every btc I earned in order to be safe and avoid deductions from it.
Shendy23

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:08:50 AM

I think its up to people who judge you, but for me its about how you manage your coins and not to be so addicted to it, remember that not only bitcoin running your life and when you die you can bring bitcoin in heaven, so don't focus on it and balance your life, dont be greedy

ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:21:42 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

If holding bitcoin is greedy, or any kind of thing with value, then all of us are cursed. It's not like you're hoarding everything for yourself. It's called "saving".

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 04:37:17 AM

I don't agree with you, Holding Bitcoin is a smart investment not a greed. Just like investing in a business/stock to earn maximum return, Bitcoin is the most popular and efficient investment tool of our times. So calling BTC HODLing can't be a greedy move.

I would like to add that since we are holding values in our hands that is the result of non-holding of the early adopters. They chose to spend their funds and make Bitcoin network even stronger by contributing to the movement of it instead of holding it. I am not against holding but I think we should also spend at least some part of it for using it to buy goods and service instead of focusing on holding.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:45:15 AM

Instead of saying greedy ! Try to say that people need money so it is a good opportunity to hold this bitcoin si it is not a greedy ! Greedy is when you sell your bitcoin for a exact price but if you sell your bitcoin in a high price this is not a greedy.
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:47:25 AM

Being smart and being greedy is two both different things, when you hold bitcoin, your intention is to make a big profit, beeing greedy is you having all, yet you still wanna have more, i think it being smart and wise is what holders are doing, not being greedy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
vinc3

Activity: 309
Merit: 251

Make Love Not War

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:53:34 AM

For me the ultimate function of bitcoin is not the price but to give us my family a comfortable life tomorrow but most especially "NOW", for we should live the moment for we don't hold our future, just enjoy the ride, for today is called "present" because its a gift that we need to enjoy for the moment being, stop worshiping bitcoin like its God for it should serve you just like money, don't become a slave of your money or bitcoin but instead let it work for you especially when you are sleeping, it is made by humans for a reason and that is to become a tool for them to use and not worship.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:58:23 AM

It's not. Holding bitcoins is a smart move specially for investors. They'll start selling their bitcoins once it reaches its highest price or if they are in need of money. It's not being greedy. That's just an excuse people say so that it'll force investors to sell their bitcoins. Do not mess with people's conscience.

Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:12:55 AM

Bitcoin is still undervalued so its price can go anywhere over $100k in next decade or so if there will be no any catastrophic event till than.
However just holding bitcoin for long term might not give you the same amount which you can make by actively trading them during large pumps and dumps but it is quite hard to learn how to guess perfect get in and exit points.

What does this have to do with greed? Please stop spam posting.

If holding is greedy, the counterbalance would be if charity. Giving something away for those less fortunate. It doesn't have to be giving your bitcoin away, but you could give anything away that will help others and balance your greed for bitcoin with your charity of other things.
The truth is nobody ever get rich without being little greedy at some point more especially in cryptocurrency. Laziness equals poverty and greediness equals wealth. Cool

MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:43:00 AM

It's better to be greedy than being Fool.
Most People who invest in bitcoin were unable to take out their money even after achieving the price target they have decided in their mind. It is because of the reason they got faith in BTC growth pattern and expecting it to grow more n more. You may call it greed or smart investment opportunity ...whatever you want.
I think its not greedy it is wise decision because it is safe way to your coin by holding it. Once you have bitcoin, holding is the first thing you wanna do to your coin because you know collecting bitcoin for long time, the reason is the the opportunity to make you gain profit a lot because of its value increasing.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
dewynijhof

Activity: 292
Merit: 11

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:51:06 AM

If i have a chance i will buy as much as bitcoin i can and hold until it rise very high in the future to sell for profit, so it is not wrong to be called greedy because we always want to have bitcoin more and more.

BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:57:53 AM

The idea is good that just to keep and hold without an gaining is not good but if we hold it and then invest the bitcoin in an investment. From this you will take your time and you did good decision for the future because just to hold this money is a fool option if you are broad vision you must take a chance to become the successful person.

m_01

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:58:46 AM

Its great season for those who had kept BTC on HOLD. See today's price Smiley
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:24:29 AM

well its really a good thing happen to those who keep their coins on hold especially if they have it a year or two ago, the value already  jumped so
high and its a good long term investment very profitable and for sure it will not end here, it will keeps rising up that no one knows how big it can
be just enjoy riding with it.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:30:49 PM

well its really a good thing happen to those who keep their coins on hold especially if they have it a year or two ago, the value already  jumped so
high and its a good long term investment very profitable and for sure it will not end here, it will keeps rising up that no one knows how big it can
Don't forget to diversify though. It's quite unlikely that Bitcoin would just crash and disappear at this point, but it's still best to be safe than sorry. And with altcoins and enough research even smaller diversifications can be a great hedge.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:34:02 PM

well its really a good thing happen to those who keep their coins on hold especially if they have it a year or two ago, the value already  jumped so

Believers are the real winners. HODL bitcoin for good, it is not about being greed but being more optimistic for the future of bitcoin. Don't listen to what people say negative about bitcoin today, the future matters most.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: