Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:20:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13245 times)
florentis

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:16:42 PM

Bitcoin can be considered as both asset and currency. I personally treat Bitcoin as a long-term investment which will pay off in the near future. Bitcoin has a great potential to become a widely used currency.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:04:00 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

I don't really think that it's greedy at all. It just so happens that a person wants to earn more. Being greedy is like to want all that you could possibly have. But, once the reason behind the holding is to earn more for the future of yourself, loved ones and so on, then it will be for a good cause, thereby making it reasonable and admirable at the same time. So, it's not actually being greedy.
Lol! It is absurd to link holding of bitcoin with some evil thing such as greed. As you said, it is nothing different from different strategies of making money with bitcoin.

We all know that bitcoin is all the time increasing in value and it is worth holding for few months if you want some good profit. Those who hold bitcoin are most of the time are also working with altcoins such as trading altcoins etc. which simply means that holding is a trick to make money with bitcoin.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:01:59 PM

As per my own opinion, for me there is nothing wrong in holding bitcoins.  Holding your bitcoins doesn't make you greedy because first of all it is yours and you have all the rights to use it.
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:14:18 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

LOL. Why? It is the decision of wise and cautious people, who feel that they are not yet ready for trading or do not want to invest into some vague projects. Holding BTC, you can sometimes get even the better profit than buying and selling it.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:27:48 PM

If you would considered holding a bitcoin greed, then you would have to consider the bitcoin itself curse since once you have it, you don't have to do anything in order to suffer the consequences. I mined my own coins and i don't see holding as a greed. I don't even see the parallel between holding fiat and holding crypto. And i'm perfectly ok with the possibility that i might lose all, even what i initially invested.
Akash55

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:35:04 PM

Maybe it's greedy or maybe it's not.Since i'm new in this forum i don't have enough knowledge.So i think it's not greedy.It's just one kinds of great trading to holding bitcoin
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:42:56 PM

Holding bitcoins is the right thing to do today because the value is keep on increasing and if you doubt about the future of bitcoins then you can look at the history of this coin how it grows from time to time and you will realize that this is the best investment as of today.

Bitcoinsislife

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:36:01 PM

So, since I usualy read only about 'great' trades, I'd like to share my fail-story as well. I do this at 3.30am local time. I have been a BTC hodler for about 3 years now. Things were good and I believe in bitcoin a lot. When the price was dropping and dropping I kept on buying and buying, for the simple reason that I believe in Bitcoin.
sugiri

Activity: 62

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:36:47 PM

It is greedy but that greed will make you rich.

P3

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:10:08 PM

I think its up to people who judge you, but for me its about how you manage your coins and not to be so addicted to it, remember that not only bitcoin running your life and when you die you can bring bitcoin in heaven, so don't focus on it and balance your life, dont be greedy
Some restricted disapproved of individuals are imagining that bitcoin holder are ravenous so I need to clarify them that all individuals need to acquire cash for their life and for procuring cash individuals are doing different occupations like business, customary employments and so forth so simply like that merchants are holding bitcoin for future with the goal that when the rate is expanded then they will deal their coins.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:34:54 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 05:48:43 AM by ArnoldChippy

Holding bitcoins is the right thing to do today because the value is keep on increasing and if you doubt about the future of bitcoins then you can look at the history of this coin how it grows from time to time and you will realize that this is the best investment as of today.
I think it should be consider as wise decision and not to be consider as greedy. I think holding bitcoin in the right time is too much important to make good money. Some time after getting a little profit we decide to sell, but we do not study the mood and potential of bitcoin. we we can see that still bitcoin has  a very good potential to increase its price therefor i think still it is a good decision to hold bitcoin and not to sell in present time. 

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:47:42 PM

I think that holding a bitcoin is greedy because its price is volatile, you can not know what will be the price for tomorrow. But as we can se that bitcoin is still pumping and pumping. Holding on it will good for us
Mjeramirez

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:03:18 AM

I think its just practical.  I don't see any reason for selling if I have some bitcoins in my wallet considering the rise of its value we saw this year and I personally think that it will continue to rise in the coming years. I think bitcoin is a profitable investment, but we should also use it as a currency as it is its main purpose.

jayram

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:06:54 AM

Holding bitcoin is not greedy, as a matter of fact I think it is wise and practical. We saw the rise of bitcoin exponentially this year and the predictions says that it can certainly hit the 12k to 15k level, so if I have bitcoin in my wallet, I don't see any reason for selling. Though the main purpose of bitcoin is deviated in some manner because it should be use a currency for buying and selling of products, it has evolved as an investment platform for many.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
CookingRaptor

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:55:16 AM

Bitcoin will turn into vluabe gold thatis derived from the fabric and will be shaped into fiat money, bitcoin is also used to spend because it is owned by an individualal
Jcabudx

Activity: 236
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:58:18 AM

Holding to bitcoin is not being greedy. It is being too ptactical because you can't live without money in this stage of our life. So you have to earn. Earn money and you can live happy.
SeVenlast

Activity: 413

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:01:14 AM

I think that holding a bitcoin is greedy because its price is volatile, you can not know what will be the price for tomorrow. But as we can se that bitcoin is still pumping and pumping. Holding on it will good for us

It just depends on you whether you have the greedy nature of getting rich in the future. Wink

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Derrick

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:50:03 AM

For me the ultimate function of bitcoin is not the price but to give us my family a comfortable life tomorrow but most especially "NOW", for we should live the moment for we don't hold our future, just enjoy the ride, for today is called "present" because its a gift that we need to enjoy for the moment being, stop worshiping bitcoin like its God for it should serve you just like money, don't become a slave of your money or bitcoin but instead let it work for you especially when you are sleeping, it is made by humans for a reason and that is to become a tool for them to use and not worship.
There are some political individuals who are asking that bitcoin holding is covetous so I need to disclose to you that holding of bitcoin is an exchanging and everybody can make enough benefit by holding bitcoin so on the off chance that you need to win enough benefit then you have to hold your bitcoin.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 06:52:46 AM

Holding bitcoin may be greedy or smart depending on the user and the purpose of what you are holding it for. Especially today that bitcoin price have hiked then I think that there is nothing greedy in holding bitcoin and can be considered smart

Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:32:50 AM

I believe greed has a moral consequence that needs to be assess, meaning is your act of holding bitcoin coming at the expense of others?

People save money, therefore hold money, to spend on things in the future. The concept of investing is built around the idea that a dollar invested is worth tomorrow than it is today. Is this greed? I don't think so.

I think greed needs to come with a negative consequence. What do you think?

You slayed it with your answer. Yeah true, I don't believe it is being too greedy ,holding bitcoins for the future use or investment. It is what we call wise decision that we are using our mind in.making good choices and decisions in which we can use in our better future not only us but our family.  Keeping or holding bitcoin from your own expense is not a crime .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: