Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:34:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13247 times)
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:39:14 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

I think that is not being greedy its just that the investors are intelligent enough to manage their own investments and they do know when is the perfect time to sell their investment. Greediness will come if and only if the person who holds it will use bitcoin in a wrong way.

egonzalezburns1

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:45:54 AM

BTC is high enough for me now so I will sell BTC now and wait for it dump.
it depend on your believe and expectation.
Ibrahim60

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

The OGz Club

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:52:44 AM

I think that holding bitcoin is not greedy. Because everybody knows that bitcoin price grow up much higher and higher. So somebody hold it for more profit. Some people say that bitcoin price one day reach 100k.  So holding bitcoin is not greedy.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
hh4mmm

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:13:19 AM

wen we talk about greed, in my own introspection, is an inordinate or insatiable longing for the unneeded excess, especially for excess wealth, statue, power, or food. so in this, people save money for future uses and there's no time you spent all the money you have at a tinkle of an eye. remember wen we are in school your (our) parent will advice you (s) to manage your (our) money not to spent it a day, meaning the money should serve you a long term depending on the amount of money you are being given to go back to school. now my question to you is that why don't you spent it that very first day you go back to school and call them for another money if they will send it to you immediately even if they will do, at least you have to answer some questions and give them a cogent reason for sudden changes. so what i'm saying is that holding bitcoin is not greed my brother because people save it for future use and emergencies bear with me.
ahtremblay

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:28:55 AM

I do not think that hodling Bitcoin is greedy. It is a strategy. With each coin we need an own strategy, it shows your level. Why do you sell your Bitcoin if you certain it will go up in the future?

markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:42:38 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

Hi there shamzblueworld! In my opinion, greed is an act of getting much that leaves other to have a little or nothing, and ended up one happy and other is in despair. Currently, it is the problem that hindrance several company to implement and accept cryptocurrency. Rather than helping the currency circulate, most of the people hoard it, the positive effect is the price goes high, which most people are happy with. But, when people start to use cryptocurrency like fiat, the whole system would be health and be sustainable, however, the price could not swing a lot which then makes some people not happy.  Wink
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:47:41 AM

I don't see holding your bitcoin as being greedy after all bitcoin is more of an asset than a currency, when the price is rising as a wise and smart investor you are to hold your assets in other to take advantage of the market rise.
But it all depends on what your needs and demands is as for me a sell my bitcoin any time I have need for it not really minding the price as at that moment.
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:06:13 AM

Holding bitcoin can be greedy if you overdo it in a bitcoin holding. Excessive here I mean is that when you are too much to divert your money to bitcoin and you even trouble to meet the needs of everyday. As long as it is balanced, bitcoin holding is just a strategy to seek profit.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
reinielle26

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:12:37 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 11:42:10 AM by reinielle26

I think so, if those people holds it for a long period of time. Not being contented like waiting for higher value of bitcoin means greediness. They still want higher value although it has already increased. And soon they will face the consequences like what you have mentioned. Sad
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:34:12 AM

People need to start spending Bitcoin like it was meant to be. Saving it is ok but exchanging it to fiat too often is not the point. The point is we should be spendibg bitcoin directly on things.

I don't think holding your bitcoins is greedy. I think selling them off too quickly is greedy. Though sometimes you can be too patient but that is more with altcoins then with bitcoin.

bota_daniel

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:35:18 AM

yep!
LynielZbl

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:38:13 AM

It's not a greedy thing to hold a bitcoin, for me it's a technique to get even more profitable. That's what we all want, right? to get a bigger income. We're doing all that what we can just to make money, so I can not really imagine why you called greedy  the people who are holding bitcoin.
Caledfwlch

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:39:04 AM

I don't believe so. It would be like saying that putting your savings in the highest interest bank is greedy. There is an opportunity to invest in something which can legally return both long and short term gains, to take that opportunity can't be greedy.

Greed IMO is a badge worn mostly with hindsight. If you are winning, life is good and noone is getting hurt its not greedy. The second you lose and things take a turn, it is only natural to consider that sometimes it wouldn't have happened if one wasn't 'greedy'.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:41:34 AM

Holding bitcoin can be greedy if you overdo it in a bitcoin holding. Excessive here I mean is that when you are too much to divert your money to bitcoin and you even trouble to meet the needs of everyday. As long as it is balanced, bitcoin holding is just a strategy to seek profit.

That is right, but i don't think i will overdo it by for instance going hungry and rather using my money for food to invest in  bitcoin. There are degrees of investment though and i think most of us have our own allocations from our respective monthly incomes that we invest in bitcoin  after our basic needs and so i agree that anyone who doesn't consider other life needs but rather invest everything into bitcoin znd hold without spending can be considered greedy.
JTEN18

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:44:40 AM

That is right, but i don't think i will overdo it by for instance going hungry and rather using my money for food to invest in  bitcoin. There are degrees of investment though and i think most of us have our own allocations from our respective monthly incomes that we invest in bitcoin  after our basic needs and so i agree that anyone who doesn't consider other life needs but rather invest everything into bitcoin znd hold without spending can be considered greedy.
it is not greedy it is just a normal thing if we will hold our bitcoin for a long time. We have our own needs and perspective in life if others don't want to sell yet their bitcoin it is their choice. They have seen the goodness of earning bitcoin at a long period of time so it is their right to do what they want.
doycku

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:45:38 AM

It's not about greed. Some people have definite goals, and to achieve them they are waiting for the uplifting of the value of bits. I think so rightly, I also wait a little bit for the bitcoin price to rise, and following the statistics it will be soon.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:57:49 AM

For me, holding bitcoin is not greedy, that is tactics to earn plenty of money or just to grow your investment. You have the freedom to hold your bitcoin and also you have your plans what will you do to your bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin price is still increasing, and you can obtain a huge amount of money if you just hold it and sell it at your profitable price.  Just only remember that bitcoin has an unstable price and by holding your bitcoin you can easily manage what will you do to it. Smiley
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:03:16 PM

No.Holding Bitcoins is not greedy. What happened to me should be a lesson for everyone who want to spend their coins.

In 2014, I had close to 70 Bitcoins. I invested close to 30 coins in Litecoinglobal. At first, I got good returns. But one day, all of a sudden that site closed down and my 40 shares of BTCT-AT were worth just BTC1.00 (I had purchased them for BTC30.0). After that, I got depressed and sold most of my remaining coins, in 2015 and 2016. The average selling price was just $230 per coin. I curse myself everyday for selling those coins. What could have I done if I still had those coins?

Ranger4R

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:13:00 PM

to me it is very greedy  Cool, because if you are holding bitcoin, that means that you want more money from it,  but you should know that the value won't be at this high number for a long time.So better be careful,  eventually it will go down to around 3 to 4k and when that happens - you will lose a lot of money. So fix wise!
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:15:51 PM

Holding is not greedy, as long as you didn't do an illegal things just to get some
Bitcoin is expected to grow and it's not greedy it to have it.. it is saving..

WE can consider hyip, scam and phishing websites owner who hold bitcoin as a greedy persons
They fool people just to get more money that they want.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: