Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:04:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13245 times)
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:43:55 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

why would this be greedy?

this was never a promised thing, the success of bitcoin. this is the peril of early adoption, a risk I was willing to accept in a more economically turbulent time. so why should I have to liquidate a position just because I took more risk, and got more profit as a result?

now, for the new cats that got in above 10k, i feel for you and understand. you arent greedy, you are misinformed. someone told you that this ride was a one way street, you lack the experience to know this is far from the case, empirically.

but greed, no. more severe FOMO. people have seen our progress (although I dont agree with it) and want a part of it. thus the price.
ledu_ico

Activity: 1250
Merit: 100

Education-Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 07:53:54 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

Well from what I've seen lately, bitcoin is only for holding, not many make payments anymore using BTC, most payments I can say are done with ETH, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Re3urst

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:56:15 PM

why would this be greedy?

this was never a promised thing, the success of bitcoin. this is the peril of early adoption, a risk I was willing to accept in a more economically turbulent time. so why should I have to liquidate a position just because I took more risk, and got more profit as a result?

now, for the new cats that got in above 10k, i feel for you and understand. you arent greedy, you are misinformed. someone told you that this ride was a one way street, you lack the experience to know this is far from the case, empirically.

but greed, no. more severe FOMO. people have seen our progress (although I dont agree with it) and want a part of it. thus the price.

Yea, I got in at $9500. I am thinking of just taking profit and walking. Still have to liquidate Bitcoin to realize a profit. I realized that Bitcoin does not produce any income/cash-flow. I am independently wealthy and my main vehicle is real estate. My day job pays $300-500 per hour and income-producing real estate results in actual money into my bank account per month. Bitcoin cannot and will not be able to do those things.

The naivety and spelling/grammatical errors all over this board are also a red flag for me. So these folks are what is propping up the price of BTC? Scary.

ssuchy

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:58:05 PM

Well from what I've seen lately, bitcoin is only for holding, not many make payments anymore using BTC, most payments I can say are done with ETH, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I use payments on the etherium, but Looking at what the price for Bitcoin is Today, I can not resist not selling a little, To satisfy my most desired needs point I think that each of us deserved to spend some sums for good things. And the rest can and save for a better price. I do not consider it greed.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:59:59 PM

People who hold bitcoin are usually very strategic people, who know that eventually bitcoin will go up. If we can look at it`s history it had many rises and falls of the price, but at the end of the day (or year) bitcoin went from 4k to 7 k in a few weeks. Then all we have to do is straight our definition of what greedy means. To be greedy is to want more and more of a resource and thus actively harming a specific group of people. At some point you have to sell the bitcoin in order to get your fiat currency so you will "share" it with others no matter what. You can`t be greedy Smiley
Very well said my friend, I totally agree with your great thinking about Bitcoin. If we want to achieve anything in our life we have to plan it and have to adopt some strategies to achieve it. So that’s why, we hold our Bitcoin for some long time and as it’s reached its peak, we sale it. Because we have to observe that there is so much fluctuation in price of Bitcoin. And it’s not greedy to hold Bitcoin and sale it when its price is height.   
rockyboy

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:13:54 PM

Holding is not greedy it is just a nice way to handle your btc so that in the future our btc earn more income. Holding btc is a very wise thing that most of the user do because they believe that btc value increases.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
herecomesjohnny

Activity: 156
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:20:13 PM

It is in human nature to be greedy. Every man and a woman hide that little piece of greed within itself and are keeping it secret cause they are ashamed what will be if others find out about it. Bitcoin is right now in the rising and by holding it and keeping it possessors of that precious coin cannot do anything wrong. They can only gain profit from it. It is like a little saving in a bank but only with marginal income that Bitcoin will bring to all of the "greedy keepers" in the future.
gadimbrut

Activity: 418

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:40:31 PM

since I started bitcoin battles indeed holding back the longest bitcoin can backfire and make a loss. but if you have enough capital, I think it will be fine. the experience during trading bitcoin I never take to the high profits, I play it safe by taking good fortune
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:50:44 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 01:47:29 AM by finzyoj

We need to be patient in that situation, we need to be smart like converting some bitcoin to local currency to avoid losing too much. Or if we think that profit is so huge, get that use in other business and the rest hold to get a chances of addtional profit.

Honestly the price of bitcoin now comes us to greed, be contended on what we have because possible it will lose.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:56:32 PM

In my view holding is good.. But time to time withdraw.. Otherwise you not enjoyed... We have touch fresh money othwerwise not kick
No, it is not right that you can say that everyone wants better on their investment is greedy. Yeah it is true everyone wants to earn profit. But in my opinion it is wise decisions which return us as gift money. To wish for better is not greedy things. It is the basic right of everyone. Bitcoin is best asset of the day in world. So the people who are investing in Bitcoin are wise and intelligent people who are updating themselves up to the technology.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:26:35 AM

We need to be patient in that situation, we need to be smart like converting some bitcoin to local currency to avoid losing too much. Or if we think that profit is so huge, get that use in other business and the rest hold to get a chances of addtional profit.

Honestly the price of bitcoin now comes us to greed, to contended on what we have because possible it will lose.
We should not just be patient but also we should set our mindset into something good for either long term or short term because that is how we are going to have a balance state of mind and not just greedy or something. If you really want to have a good profit then you should hold bitcoin but if you are contented with the profit then you can sell.
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:32:28 AM

Holding Bitcoin for a longtime is not greed. You must learn from the ants. They save what they can in preparation fot the rainy season. You also do it in fiat money. You deposit in the bank so you can have something to spend in case of emergency. 

olatslodi

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:48:03 AM

Holding bitcoin greedy? I wouldn't call it greed because some people just keep their bitcoins and wait for a higher prices where they can sell it on a higher value. So everyone of us knows that it will increase its value in time and a trading transaction to sell when everything is within the perfect timing.
jam22

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:14:50 AM

I believe holding bitcoin for how many months is not greedy but it is a strategy to earn a large money.

GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:55:50 AM

Holding bitcoin doesn't mean being greedy. It's more on the strategy about how to get more profits from bitcoin. People who hold bitcoin for a long period are the winner since they aren't afraid of losing or taking any risks. If you thought that you get nothing by holding bitcoin, then actually have lost.
Yes holding the Bitcoins is not greedy at all this is because if you really want to get benefit from the use of digital currencies then obviously you have to hold back on your coins even when the prices are not preferable. We all know that at present BTC are having a remarkable growth rate in the international market and hence if you have some of them in your wallets luckily you should keep them does the prices are again mean expected to increase.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:18:34 AM

Holding bitcoin doesn't mean that it is being greedy. They are just being smart. Also bitcoin don't have a limited number of coins so it is okay to hold it up.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
beezunus

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:26:43 AM

I do not agree that holding bitcoins is greedy because they hold bitcoin is to get more profit and want to have a better chance at bitcoin
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:34:05 AM

Holding is not greedy it is just a nice way to handle your btc so that in the future our btc earn more income. Holding btc is a very wise thing that most of the user do because they believe that btc value increases.
I don't think so, i think it is the believe  on it and cryptocurrency. It's investment and you should know how to take care of something valuable, look at the stocks market. Traders and brokers out there knows how to play with the market, they are mostly holding and they have some stocks for day trading too. I don't consider that greedy but they are knowledgeable on what they are doing so holding is a strategy and a way of investment.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:39:57 AM

apparently not, because bitcoin is a very useful digital currency in the future, bitcoin is very useful and very expensive if in clay from 2013 to 2017 this is what percentage increase bitcoin? yes it is because bitcoin is a digital currency that is in use in the future. do not be afraid of holding bitcoin, save as much bitcoin as you can.
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:51:00 AM

why can you say greedy? we hold bitcoin as a place of investment and savings for the future, if I have a lot of money I would have bought as much bitcoin as possible and hold it and will take profits if the price is very expensive, so storing bitcoin is not greedy but it is a very choice smart.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: