Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:07:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13247 times)
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 10:23:02 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

I don't think holding bitcoin being greedy but then sometimes we just don't have a choice to hold it because of the transaction fee of transferring it is high. We need to accumulate more so that we cannot feel the fee that much in case there is a need for us to transfer the coin. I hope in the near future, there is a solution to the high transaction fee. Though the aim of Satoshi is to make bitcoin a currency, it is currently treated as an investment because of the current problem. To be sure though that you still have funds in case bitcoin will not be worth that much someday then diversify your investments.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
cadiente014

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:22:39 AM

No it isn't . holding bitcoin is just a gamble that you take because the price of bitcoin is unstable it can go up or down anytime that varies what you can get in your current bitcoin . It is a risk that somebody take because they want to make most with their bitcoin.
claydeey

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:23:51 AM

No! It is not a greedy trait it is an initiative to earn higher profit from your Bitcoin investment but holding such coin doesn't always means big profit it could also mean a great loss if BTC price will dump.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
JosephStalin

Activity: 52
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:36:08 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

This is actually a quite interesting problem. Greed has in fact made Bitcoin famous and valuable - it was worth nothing in 2009. The more greedy people enter the game, the more the price rises. Some people sell, but in the end by natural selection only the hodlers remain with BTCs in their bags, and they don't sell. Until one day maybe they do, dumping massively, and many people will lose everything.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:39:25 AM

"Is holding bitcoin Greedy?"

No not at all and we make regular donations to 20,000 miners who are playing CPU-Wars against each other
to keep the earth warm and people in jobs that are working for Intel and AMD plus on top of that the price
of our gambling chips are going down.

Young man, Get a job and start contributing

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
mengpujiu93388

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:54:00 AM

In order to make a good profit, it is sometimes a good idea to hold a coin, which is not greedy.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:11:41 AM

Everyone has greed. When you invest in bitcoin you always want to get a lot of money from it. Keeping bitcoin and waiting for bitcoin to raise the price is normal. It is important that you know the stop, know the right time and do not get too greedy
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:18:11 AM

keeping a bitcoin and waiting for it to rise is normal. Regardless of investing in something you also wish to gain high profits. I think this is not a greedy act
arteezyy

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:36:34 AM

I don't think so. It is just a matter of choice. If you don't need the value of money on your bitcoin, why just don't hold it. I think holding is a smart move. It is risky to hold bitcoin because its value is fluctuating so fast but in the end of the day, the value of bitcoin is just rising.

andrea.alexah

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:43:29 AM

Being greedy and earning money for the future is a different thing. It is not greedy to keep holding your BTC until the value get larger. Holding on Bitcoin is like investing on your own risk. If holding bitcoin is greedy, then we should consider those rich people who got billions on their banks as greedy.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:07:17 PM

I would have definitely not hold my all coins, instead i would hold 70 percent and withdraw the partial profits as and when they are accumulated.I like waiting as well patience is the key to success.Still i would divide the portfolios among all other good coins as well and make the most of it to avoid any loss in a single coin , that how i manage the portfolios . Keep withdrawing partial profits.
I don’t think so it’s something greedy because investors are investing their real money and they are investing in a very huge amount and when they invest their money so there is no doubt that they will have to keep it on hold for a long time and as we know that last year a lot of investors they take a very good profit from it because its price was very high than any other currency so this year again people will keep it on hold to take their profit.
bman01

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:54:12 PM

No ti's not right, because it's like an investment so we can invest more we want ,,,,,it's not like greedy..
iamryan

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:26:04 AM

Some people will call it greedy, those who keep Bitcoin are doing so to wait for its value to increase or rise up so they can have a profit.
HitbtcSCAM

Merit: 15

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

you say greed I say good business practice
hitbtc.com robbing me of 460,000 usd that is greed

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2217068.0
Danglen1010

Activity: 230
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:15:45 PM

yes it is Greedy to hold Bitcoin because we don't know if it is good to hold for a long period of time or it is the time top sell it. Many investors always thinking about it especially when the price of bitcoin is very bloody.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:03:48 AM

No doubts that you are saying totally true but in actual there is another factor also because here not everyone hold big amount of Bitcoin in Thier wallet and they are with the limited amount of earnings with this big pump of price because of demand .
Since many made big earnings but here not everyone , so here many people are making buy more and more Bitcoin to hold and those who didn't made big profit are looking to earn Bitcoin more and more and hold for 2-3 years , so that they can complete Thier dreams with again increase in price .
So at this point I can say that you are looking at the end point but few people are newbie like in this field and they are towards the starts to make profit hopefully .
Exactly you can’t say it is just greed of a person who is holding his bitcoins for a long time. He is waiting for a time when prices will be high much as sky and then he will sell out his coins and earn more money.

This is right and every other person in this crypto world wants this. But that doesn’t depict we are greedy. It is a strategy that you are doing along the way to earn better amount.
YzzyGo

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:09:07 AM

It can look and seem greedy since you're holding out for higher prices. But that's why you invest anyways.
expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:10:42 AM

I would have definitely not hold my all coins, instead i would hold 70 percent and withdraw the partial profits as and when they are accumulated.I like waiting as well patience is the key to success.Still i would divide the portfolios among all other good coins as well and make the most of it to avoid any loss in a single coin , that how i manage the portfolios . Keep withdrawing partial profits.
It is so childish to describe holding of bitcoin as a greedy act because this is a strategy of making money in the crypto market with the most expensive digital coin. Just like trading bitcoin at different exchanges is a method of earning profits, similarly holding is another successful technique for generating tremendous revenue with bitcoin. Indeed, it is very sagacious act if someone is showing patience with bitcoin.
anne.montes

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:17:51 AM

I dont think it as an act of being greedy. People hold bitcoins because they believe it is good for long term investment. I think it is peoples strategy in making money as to the value of bitcoin gets higher.
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:21:20 AM

No you are just being wise. Well if holding it is greedy then saving a real money is greedy? Buying things in the stock market and sell it on a high price is greedy I do not think so. You do not even harm people on those actions you are just being wise since, you will face failure daily if you are not wise. It may sound greedy but it definitely not literally.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: