Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 06:06:36 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mkxminer: optimized Lyra2rev2 miner for AMD GPUs (Vertcoin, Monacoin, XVG)  (Read 7825 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
winmkx

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:59:36 AM

mkxminer: optimized Lyra2rev2 miner for AMD GPUs (Vertcoin, Monacoin, XVG)

Screenshot (Vega56 + Radeon Pro Duo without ---asm): https://i.imgur.com/9ZlQKk8.png

Assembler-optimized Lyra2rev2 miner for AMD videocards.
Can be used to mine Monacoin (MONA), Vertcoin (VTC), Verge(XVG).

!!! Important: this miner works with nicehash.com pool only !!!
(support for other pools may be added in the future)
So far, most of the hashrate is on nicehash.com anyways, and you can get better mining returns there.

!!! Only works with AMD videocards. No NVidia, Intel, CPU or ASICs !!!

=== Speeds (no overclocking)
Radeon Pro Duo: 84.8MHs (42.4 + 42.4)
Fury X: 55MHs
Vega56: 47MHs (can be optimised further, just need some time and incentive)
RX 580: 39MHs
RX 480: 36MHs
R9 390: 32MHs
R9 380X: 26MHs
R9 280X: 26MHs

* Note: the actual mining speed is a bit higher as some of the hashrate is used as devfee. The above values are what you (the miner) gets.
You do not have to use this miner. For a free open-source option, please use https://miner.nicehash.com/ or https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer.

=== Usage
Try running example.cmd (change -u option value to your BTC address).
If it works ok, then try running best.cmd (it uses assembler kernels).
If it is working, then you may want to tweak some settings, see Options section below.

If you are getting errors about unsupported videocard or if you have an Intel CPU and AMD GPUs, try running example2platforms.cmd.

You can also check out bestfarm.cmd for a useful script, which will name your miners according to their local IP address.

*** Sample command line ***
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

mkxminer.exe --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://lyra2rev2.usa.nicehash.com:3347 -u 1YourBTCAddress.YourMinerName -p 1 -I 23 --asm

pause

=== Options
-o or --url - URL of the stratum server (ex: stratum+tcp://lyra2rev2.usa.nicehash.com:3347)
    You can currently only specify one pool, no backups supported. (That's fine for nicehash reliability though)
-u or --user - Username for stratum server (ex: 1N2vf6Jm9jmScDUfwPeiicHNsXRSmvnjpL)
-p or --pass -  Password for stratum server (ex: 1)
-d or --device - Select device to use, one value, range and/or comma separated (e.g. 0-2,4) default: all
-I or --intensity - Intensity of GPU scanning (23 for high end cards, 20 for low end)
--no-submit-stale - Don't submit shares if they are detected as stale
--asm - Will enable ASM kernels for supported GPUs (Fiji, Ellesmere, Tonga, Hawaii, Tahiti, Oland currently)
    for about 10% extra speed. Note: this may crash your miner, especially on some Ellesmere cards.
    Recommended 16.10.3 driver or latest AMD / beta blockchain driver.

--auto-fan - Automatically adjust all GPU fan speeds to maintain a target temperature
--auto-gpu - Automatically adjust all GPU engine clock speeds to maintain a target temperature
--gpu-platform - Select OpenCL platform ID to use for GPU mining
--gpu-engine - GPU engine (over)clock range in Mhz - one value, range and/or comma separated list (e.g. 850-900,900,750-850)
--gpu-fan - GPU fan percentage range - one value, range and/or comma separated list (e.g. 0-85,85,65)
--gpu-map - Map OpenCL to ADL device order manually, paired CSV (e.g. 1:0,2:1 maps OpenCL 1 to ADL 0, 2 to 1)
--gpu-memclock - Set the GPU memory (over)clock in Mhz - one value for all or separate by commas for per card
--gpu-powertune - Set the GPU powertune percentage - one value for all or separate by commas for per card
--gpu-reorder - Attempt to reorder GPU devices according to PCI Bus ID
--gpu-vddc - Set the GPU voltage in Volts - one value for all or separate by commas for per card

--temp-cutoff - Temperature which a device will be automatically disabled at, one value or comma separated list
--temp-hysteresis - Set how much the temperature can fluctuate outside limits when automanaging speeds
--temp-overheat - Temperature which a device will be throttled at while automanaging fan and/or GPU, one value or comma separated list
--temp-target - Temperature which a device should stay at while automanaging fan and/or GPU, one value or comma separated list

=== Tweaking
There is pretty much only three things to tweak:
1) Use assembler kernels (add "--asm" parameter to command line).
2) Increase GPU frequency. Memory frequency is not important.
3) Increase intensity. 23 is recommended for 4GB+ videocards.

=== Version history
v1.0.0: 11 November 2017 - Initial nicehash version.
v1.0.1: 12 November 2017 - Added missing DLL and fixed gfx901 problem.

=== Download link
Windows version:
https://mega.nz/#!Zs03QZoI!egrP40sIDNKlVNKHrUFClN6UcHPnXlVxM6YUzP1Oi80
Linux version: later in November 2017 (I have it compiling, but it crashes on my test. working on it...)
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NameTaken

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:54:26 AM

Sgminer is licensed under GPLv3 and from GPL FAQ:

If I use a piece of software that has been obtained under the GNU GPL, am I allowed to modify the original code into a new program, then distribute and sell that new program commercially? (#GPLCommercially)
You are allowed to sell copies of the modified program commercially, but only under the terms of the GNU GPL. Thus, for instance, you must make the source code available to the users of the program as described in the GPL, and they must be allowed to redistribute and modify it as described in the GPL.

These requirements are the condition for including the GPL-covered code you received in a program of your own.
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:07:43 AM

2 WinMKX
Yes, the GPL-nature of sgminer is the problem if you want to release proprietary miner with devfee.
Also, don't forget Vega - it will need extra attention and work but should give best results. It is most advanced and compute powerful card from AMD

gregfromo

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:20:25 AM

so a rx580 has same speed as gtx1070 at this algo? sounds fantastic, can't wait to test it.
splat1

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:49:52 AM

Would love to test this for you.  Have a few Vega 64s that I'd like to put to work on vert.
phuocduong

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:12:25 AM

about rx 470, who tested?

0xF7A125EAeAC2e50d4a2A321A713bbceFBc7b784F
epayfiles

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:17:15 AM

Speeds (no overclocking):
Radeon Pro Duo (on screenshot): 84.8MHs (42.4 + 42.4)
Fiji:55MHs
Vega56: 47MHs (on screenshot) - can be optimised further, just need some time and incentive
RX580: 39MHs
RX480: 36MHs
R9 390: 32MHs
R9 380X: 26MHs
R9 280X: 26MHs
aimsml

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:16:34 AM

Dear Dev. you can add asm for r7 370 ?
Thank you

sabercrypto

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:35:01 AM

this looks promising. i hope rx480 can improved more if possible.
Wolf0
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Miner Developer

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:49:31 AM

2 WinMKX
Yes, the GPL-nature of sgminer is the problem if you want to release proprietary miner with devfee.
Also, don't forget Vega - it will need extra attention and work but should give best results. It is most advanced and compute powerful card from AMD

You can cheat it a little - since the kernels are not a derivative work, but rather input, you don't have to open-source those. But I agree - I am still refining my own miner base, as sgminer and the GPL in general is cancer.

Code:
Donations: BTC: 1WoLFdwcfNEg64fTYsX1P25KUzzSjtEZC -- XMR: 45SLUTzk7UXYHmzJ7bFN6FPfzTusdUVAZjPRgmEDw7G3SeimWM2kCdnDQXwDBYGUWaBtZNgjYtEYA22aMQT4t8KfU3vHLHG
winmkx

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:10:08 AM

Version 1.0.0 nicehash for Windows uploaded. You can now test it. Thanks!
Aureliusy

Activity: 287

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:47:10 AM

Nice finally can get to mine Vertcoin  with my gaming AMD rig.

themiilkman005

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:07:06 PM

hello, I just tested this with the following specs:

cpu: intel Celeron G3900
motherboard: asus prime Z270-P
ram: crucial 2133 mhz ddr4 4gb
6x rfx 580 8gb hynix memory graphic cards bios oc'ed
OS win 10 pro /w mining optimizations (16gb virtual memory, best performance settings no updates etc)
*edit I have win10 64bit version

running example2platforms worked, example.cmd and best.cmd gave me pause screens.  At first I was getting msvcr120.dll missing errors, this was solved by installing x86 version of visual redis 2013

I got 26 mhs ~ per card after running for 5 minutes no overclocks or undervoltages, 26.5 ~ mhs overclocked with settings -118 cpu core voltage 1150 coreclock 1290 memory clock.  I also tried setting intensity to 23 and then setting priority to realtime in task manager with results of same hashrate.
*edit after putting --asm and running with default settings I got 32 mhs while running example2platform cmd.  after increasing gpu clock to 1250 i got 33.6 mhs.  settings were still with intensity 23

for comparison this rig runs 30 mhs on claymore dual miners per card with optimizations

hope this helped and maybe this can be solved.  would be insane to mine vertcoin with 580s at 40+ mhs Smiley
MatthewLilley

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:11:49 PM

Not working with Vega 64

Device not supported: "gfx901". Only AMD GCN devices are supported currently. Please double check that you ha
ve AMD videocards.
Bwtmn7

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:14:05 PM

when do you plan to add support for pools outside nicehash? also the fiji hashrate is the same for both GPUs? Fiji PRO has 512SP less
quicksilv3r

Activity: 119

bitcoins-free.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 06:15:04 PM

i too could only run "example2platforms.cmd"
currently only getting 24MH/s on 1 single RX480 with increase intensity to "I 23"

winmkx

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:54:06 PM

when do you plan to add support for pools outside nicehash?

nicehash has 4TH of lyra2rev2 power. You can mine there and buy hashpower to direct to your favourite pool.
Please understand, that nicehash is not a usual pool. It's more like a proxy.
When you mine on nicehash, you're actually mining on one of the buyer's pools (whoever is paying more).
This gives you most rewards as a miner.
They also have multiple stratums.

For example, if you like Vertcoin... It usually is more profitable to mine MONA or VERGE and then use the mined BTC to buy VTC and in the end, you'll get more.
winmkx

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:58:47 PM

Not working with Vega 64

Device not supported: "gfx901". Only AMD GCN devices are supported currently. Please double check that you ha
ve AMD videocards.

Yes, sorry about this. I know what the problem is. Will release version 1.0.1 with a fix in a few hours.
Also the missing msvcr120.dll will be added.
winmkx

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:46:12 AM

Great

Please try version 1.0.1 and let me know if problem still exists. Thanks!
sproceniram

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:46:40 PM

Very nice! I used this and was able to get 21-23 Mh/s on a MSI R9 380. Whereas every other miner has only put me in the 127 Kh range.  It was showing me mining btc making $50/yr. LOL! My question is, how do I get it to mine vert or xvg on nichehash? (yes--noob) I've scoured their website and I can find compatible pools but the miner does not work there. I would like to mine these coins and hodl the coins. Mining btc is not what I'm looking for.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.