Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:39:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NR 1] Triplemining.com <> BIG jackpot every week <>  (Read 113359 times)
Gaim

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:08:16 AM

Block created, YAY!  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eli0t

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:16:53 PM

you should be making 9 coins a day with 223 GH. just shows how wrong calculators can be

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
mj72

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:28:46 PM

Hi, I just joined TM a few weeks ago and was looking for some clarification on the jackpot. Does each user get a chance, or is it per worker? Also, do you stop including users who are inactive?

Curious about my chances to win. Smiley

thanks
kinlo

Activity: 263

Pool operator of Triplemining.com

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:13:48 PM

Hi, I just joined TM a few weeks ago and was looking for some clarification on the jackpot. Does each user get a chance, or is it per worker? Also, do you stop including users who are inactive?

We include users that actively mine.  If you don't mine enough you can't win.  Also, there are several anti-cheat mechanisms, if you trigger them, you just can't win anymore.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 08:51:54 PM

I think I found my new fav pool. I just wish I joined a couple hours sooner! LOL  Grin

TripleMining seems like a good middle ground between solo mining and pool mining and I look forward to sticking around for the long haul.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

madmalkav

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:04:16 PM

Nice people in the IRC is what did it for me.
adara

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:26:11 PM

it's because of our bad luck streak.  Some people do not fully understand how the math works, and think it is unsafe to mine at our pool

However, it is nonsense to leave the pool, it's very important to remember that mining has no memory.  So the chance of finding a block is something you cannot predict
It's not because we have had our share of bad luck that this influences the future, the chance of finding several quick rounds now remains equally high as ever.

We always closely monitor the pool, if there was something wrong, we would immediately take action, so keep mining!  Remember, in the long run, this reward system does reward fairly!

Hi there kinlo. Could you please further explain your "bad luck streak" as you say it, during this week:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77000.msg2348461&b=7#msg2348461
and also during the previous week?
How many times has this happened to your pool? Are those numbers mathematically reasonable?
Also can you explain why your pool goes from 300-350Ghs to 600-750Ghs then back to 190-200GHs in just a matter of days/weeks?

Finally I see that hackforums and Russia are among your top miners. Can you reassure your miners that they are mining in good company here?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 02:54:06 PM

[ ... ]
Finally I see that hackforums and Russia are among your top miners. Can you reassure your miners that they are mining in good company here?

WTF? This isn't a social club. It's a place where miners pool resources. Apart from implying that Russians are not good company (which anyone having had a vodka fuelled evening with a Russian traveller will tell you is just plain wrong), no one really care where other miners are from, or if they are nice people. They care if other miners can contribute valid hashes to the pool. I suggest you do the same, wherever you mine. 

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
adara

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:00:39 PM

[ ... ]

WTF? This isn't a social club. It's a place where miners pool resources. Apart from implying that Russians are not good company (which anyone having had a vodka fuelled evening with a Russian traveller will tell you is just plain wrong), no one really care where other miners are from, or if they are nice people. They care if other miners can contribute valid hashes to the pool. I suggest you do the same, wherever you mine. 

One of my best friends is russian by the way. A great guy.
So that agreed, a clarification from the pool operator on the questions arised will be much appreciated.
Eli0t

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:04:57 PM

maybe there are other ~220 GH/s pools that can offer a comparison

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
kinlo

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:51:44 PM

Stream of bad luck and now the website is down.  Angry

Should be fixed
kinlo

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:55:10 PM

As far as "who" or "what" is mining, I can careless. Russians, Chinese, Americans- whatever. I do care about what their intentions may be, which is maybe what this guy was getting at.

And a BIG +1 to some insight on this terrible streak we're on. I know mini-pools are for fun but I try to run a solid mini-pool setup and it's hard to keep these guys motivated (and mining with me/us) when I'm beginning to lose that motivation to stick with it and we're not solving any blocks.

There's nothing really we can do (or is there?) other than mine away, so that's what I'm doing.

To respond to "who" is mining: we actively monitor the site, and react to those that hurt the pool.  So don't worry, we take care of that

To respond to the "terrible streak", yes we're having bad luck, but there are 2 things to remember:
- this is bad luck, but this is within the expected behaviour
- There is no memory for luck

The 2nd thing is very important:
it's not because we have had bad luck that this will tell anything about the future.  Assuming this is the case is known as gambler fallacy, read more about it on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy
Polyatomic

Activity: 257

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:13:23 AM

Only accepted shares up to 24 hours before a block is found go towards a miners earnings. Is this correct ?

Polyatomic

Activity: 257

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:15:37 AM

How is Tripleminings PPLNS payout different to HHTT . ?
adara

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:36:31 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 12:46:27 PM by adara

it's because of our bad luck streak.  Some people do not fully understand how the math works, and think it is unsafe to mine at our pool

However, it is nonsense to leave the pool, it's very important to remember that mining has no memory.  So the chance of finding a block is something you cannot predict
It's not because we have had our share of bad luck that this influences the future, the chance of finding several quick rounds now remains equally high as ever.

We always closely monitor the pool, if there was something wrong, we would immediately take action, so keep mining!  Remember, in the long run, this reward system does reward fairly!

Hi there kinlo. Could you please further explain your "bad luck streak" as you say it, during this week:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77000.msg2348461&b=7#msg2348461
and also during the previous week?
How many times has this happened to your pool? Are those numbers mathematically reasonable?
Also can you explain why your pool goes from 300-350Ghs to 600-750Ghs then back to 190-200GHs in just a matter of days/weeks?

Kinlo, as the pool OP, could you please address the above questions. They are not fully addressed on your last post. I am sure miners are interested.

In addition very reputable members of this forum have sent me some private comms. They used to mine at your pool in the past but have now moved to other pools with much better results. It seems you have blocked a few accounts at your pool in the last few weeks. It also seems that you are keeping their mining revenue for you and you have not released payments for what they have actually mined? Since miners also have to pay their bills like electricity and so on, I am sure they are not happy about that. Can you please explain to the miners of your pool in what cases will you be keeping their mining work for your own benefit? Why are you keeping their revenues to yourself?
Can you please open up the policies and practices of your pool?
Your clarification will be appreciated.

kinlo

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:19:26 PM

Kinlo, as the pool OP, could you please address the above questions. They are not fully addressed on your last post. I am sure miners are interested.

In addition very reputable members of this forum have sent me some private comms. They used to mine at your pool in the past but have now moved to other pools with much better results. It seems you have blocked a few accounts at your pool in the last few weeks. It also seems that you are keeping their mining revenue for you and you have not released payments for what they have actually mined? Since miners also have to pay their bills like electricity and so on, I am sure they are not happy about that. Can you please explain to the miners of your pool in what cases will you be keeping their mining work for your own benefit? Why are you keeping their revenues to yourself?

The name of a minipool can be anything.  It's not because they put anything in their name that they actually are  those people or that they have bad intentions.

If we look at the "bad luck" streak, then the most important thing to remember is that this is not normal, just enlarged because we are not a big pool.  Every pool has these bad luck streaks, but if our hashrate would be 10 TH, it would be over in a day and nobody would even remember.  It's just because we are a small pool that it *looks* like we're a bad luck pool, while in fact we are not, we've had many good rounds.

Also important to remember is that bitcoin mining has no "memory". Bad or good luck from the past does NOT influence the future.  I can understand that people are moving away, but they are doing so because they *think* the pool is bad.  If you look at the hard numbers, it isn't.  If you know how statistics work, if you fully understand the math, it is actually a bad move to go away.  There aren't a lot of pools that are this rewarding in the long term.   You just have to think about long term commitment, and have to remember that luck on a pool has no memory.  If you poolhop, you will probably always loose, you will join when the pool is lucky (but then it's already too late, you've missed the biggest effect of the good luck) or you will leave when it's bad luck (but then you will leave at a point where you definitely made a loss, while due to the no-memory property, you will just maximize your losses and removing all chances on fully profiting from a good luck streak)

As for the blocking of users and keeping their funds: it has to be very clear that we do not keep funds for ourselves.  To go back to your first question: there are people that are doing bad things for the pool.   You shouldn't look at their pool name or the amount of members of their minipool (which basically says nothing), but at their mining behaviour, something we can see as pool admins but are not visible in any stats.  It is true that there are some people abusing the pool by overloading the poolservers with requests.  You should know that we as triplemining are taking active steps against those abusers.  It is only those clients that you should worry about, because every time we need to serve a request to an abuser, is one less request we can take from an honest, good miner.  While we currently are having enough capacity to handle the requests, it would be a bad thing not to take any action, as those abusers would just grow and would cause bad performance for everybody.  Do note the use of the word performance, it should not have a great influence on luck as miners should retry to submit results if it fails the first time.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't work to politely ask people to stop abusing the pool.  That would be like asking thieves not to steal, but just let them go on stealing.  That would just encourage more people to steal Smiley   So we need to do something more drastically, and unfortunately I know no other way than to temporary block their payouts.  It is very important to know that this is a measurement we are forced to take, and that we do not like doing this.  As soon as the abuse stops on our pool, we always release the lock, so all funds are back available to these people.   As some are really abusing our service, I must say that in a way we are too nice to these people, but I do not want to give any person the impression that we are stealing anything, and there might be cases where people just don't know they are doing something wrong, so I'm giving everybody the benefit of the doubt.   We just ask that they set up a proxy server, so they can pay themselves for the processing power it requires server-side, and that they actually move all their clients to their own server.  And all means all, we do are very strict at that point, but it is in everybody's interest: they can continue doing what they want, and they will no longer hurt the pool

Does this answer all of your questions?
adara

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:35:51 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 02:47:03 AM by adara

The name of a minipool can be anything.  It's not because they put anything in their name that they actually are  those people or that they have bad intentions.

If we look at the "bad luck" streak, then the most important thing to remember is that this is not normal, just enlarged because we are not a big pool.  Every pool has these bad luck streaks, but if our hashrate would be 10 TH, it would be over in a day and nobody would even remember.  It's just because we are a small pool that it *looks* like we're a bad luck pool, while in fact we are not, we've had many good rounds.

Also important to remember is that bitcoin mining has no "memory". Bad or good luck from the past does NOT influence the future.  I can understand that people are moving away, but they are doing so because they *think* the pool is bad.  If you look at the hard numbers, it isn't.  If you know how statistics work, if you fully understand the math, it is actually a bad move to go away.  There aren't a lot of pools that are this rewarding in the long term.   You just have to think about long term commitment, and have to remember that luck on a pool has no memory.  If you poolhop, you will probably always loose, you will join when the pool is lucky (but then it's already too late, you've missed the biggest effect of the good luck) or you will leave when it's bad luck (but then you will leave at a point where you definitely made a loss, while due to the no-memory property, you will just maximize your losses and removing all chances on fully profiting from a good luck streak)

As for the blocking of users and keeping their funds: it has to be very clear that we do not keep funds for ourselves.  To go back to your first question: there are people that are doing bad things for the pool.   You shouldn't look at their pool name or the amount of members of their minipool (which basically says nothing), but at their mining behaviour, something we can see as pool admins but are not visible in any stats.  It is true that there are some people abusing the pool by overloading the poolservers with requests.  You should know that we as triplemining are taking active steps against those abusers.  It is only those clients that you should worry about, because every time we need to serve a request to an abuser, is one less request we can take from an honest, good miner.  While we currently are having enough capacity to handle the requests, it would be a bad thing not to take any action, as those abusers would just grow and would cause bad performance for everybody.  Do note the use of the word performance, it should not have a great influence on luck as miners should retry to submit results if it fails the first time.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't work to politely ask people to stop abusing the pool.  That would be like asking thieves not to steal, but just let them go on stealing.  That would just encourage more people to steal Smiley   So we need to do something more drastically, and unfortunately I know no other way than to temporary block their payouts.  It is very important to know that this is a measurement we are forced to take, and that we do not like doing this.  As soon as the abuse stops on our pool, we always release the lock, so all funds are back available to these people.   As some are really abusing our service, I must say that in a way we are too nice to these people, but I do not want to give any person the impression that we are stealing anything, and there might be cases where people just don't know they are doing something wrong, so I'm giving everybody the benefit of the doubt.   We just ask that they set up a proxy server, so they can pay themselves for the processing power it requires server-side, and that they actually move all their clients to their own server.  And all means all, we do are very strict at that point, but it is in everybody's interest: they can continue doing what they want, and they will no longer hurt the pool

Does this answer all of your questions?

Well kinlo, I think your answer says everything.

You are in your own words judging between as you say "honest" miners and "bad performance" miners, "thieves" as you say, or in other words "expensive low hash miners for your pool available resources".

But may be you are making the wrong judgment? The miners that we are talking about are not junior miners, I assure.

And you also recognize to be blocking payments just after blocks have been found and miners have performed work,  which you should not be doing in any case. First pay for mined work, then warn if you need to do so, provide proof and then block any accounts for future mining if you really feel you need to do that.

Since your pool does not immediately pay when a block is found as some other pools do, it's easy stuff for you to do funny things, pay as you wish and to whom you wish, right?

At least now people know (in your own words) they are at risk  when mining at your pool. You never know what's going to happen after a block has been found (probably taking a week or more at your current speed). May be by surprise they login and pum, your account has been frozen, your payment on hold, never know, right? The op guy looked at their mining behavior in his non-visible stats and judged they do not deserve payment for their work, they should either install some proxy soft, becoming in fact their own server, to save pool resources or eat shit? is that it?

Now, thanks to the miners that contacted me, we have jointly accessed those accounts at your pool and, as you very well know, you are still keeping their funds and payments are blocked and freezed on several accounts. So you are not being an honest guy when you say you always unlock. And this even when they have stopped mining at your pool for several weeks now (0 hashes should mean no damage at all to your pool resources). In plain English you are keeping the funds to yourself.
You mention that you are "too nice" to them, but at the same time you are blocking their payments and calling them thieves, which for you, as I understand, it means stealers of your pool resources. Now, who is the real thief here?

In the name of these honorable miners and all miners of the world, do release all the pending payments to these guys for the mining work they have as a matter of fact performed. Then block their accounts as you wish, they are long gone and they do not care!

And by the way kinlo, for a pool of your size, low hashing and "low performers" should be a majority. Just by looking at your visible stats, this is the case, so you should better make it ready to accept many more of  those if you want your so-called minipools to succeed.

And regarding your "bad luck streaks" another "old friend of yours" that just PM'ed me wanted to mention that he's still throwing squid when remembering the "bad luck streak" that your pool had during the weeks previous to block halving in November. It seems math has no place in your pool at some very specific periods.

So kinlo, WTF, it seems you have been handing around quite a bit of shit and a few nightmares to your own miners for sometime now... Hopefully you will change the way you are doing things.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 04:46:43 AM

And by the way kinlo, for a pool of your size, low hashing and "low performers" should be a majority. Just by looking at your visible stats, this is the case, so you should better make it ready to accept many more of  those if you want your so-called minipools to succeed.

Wait, what? kinlo doesn't want low hashrate miners? Where does he say that?

And regarding your "bad luck streaks" another "old friend of yours" that just PM'ed me wanted to mention that he's still throwing squid when remembering the "bad luck streak" that your pool had during the weeks previous to block halving in November. It seems math has no place in your pool at some very specific periods.

If you want to make a mathematical statement, please couch it in mathematical rather than political terminology. It's quite easy to prove Triplemining's luck is within acceptable limits - why don't you do that? If you're not interested in learning how, I've done it every week for the last 12 months and you're welcome to use my data.

I do not mine here, have only had a few conversations with kinlo, and I don't have a dog in the fight. But some of your arguments are generally misleading and may encourage magical thinking amongst miners in general, and this I cannot accept.

You might have a problem with kinlo and Triplemining. You may even have a point somewhere. But conjecture has no place in a mathematical discussion. Either learn the math or use the data from someone who has, or argue about something else.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
kinlo

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:06:39 AM

You are in your own words judging between as you say "honest" miners and "bad performance" miners, "thieves" as you say, or in other words "expensive low hash miners for your pool available resources".

Please do not twist my words.  I never called them thieves.  I made an analogy to thieves to justify my blocking actions, but I never claimed that these people are thieves.  I'm giving everybody the benefit of the doubt.

At least now people know (in your own words) they are at risk  when mining at your pool. You never know what's going to happen after a block has been found (probably taking a week or more at your current speed). May be by surprise they login and pum, your account has been frozen, your payment on hold, never know, right? The op guy looked at their mining behavior in his non-visible stats and judged they do not deserve payment for their work, they should either install some proxy soft, becoming in fact their own server, to save pool resources or eat shit? is that it?

This is not true.  We do not block anyone's account like that.   We are only temporary blocking accounts, we have not blocked accounts permanently.  We are also only blocking clear abusers.  And in all cases we will unblock the account as soon as the abusive behavior stops.  So should anything go wrong, just stop mining and ask for an unblock, we have unblocked all accounts that have requested this that stopped the abusive behavior.

Also, abusive behavior means you have to have many, many miners under 1 account.  Accounts are supposed to be personal, if you are using more then 1000 computers to mine, and you can't figure out you might be doing something wrong....

Also, if you have a small amount of brains, you should know that I will never ever block anyone without a good reason.  If I would block people at random, the pool wouldn't survive that long.  What I am doing is stopping abuse, not pestering the miners on my pool.  Honest miners should actually love that, as they would know that abuse that would degrade their mining experience is handled.

Now, thanks to the miners that contacted me, we have jointly accessed those accounts at your pool and, as you very well know, you are still keeping their funds and payments are blocked and freezed on several accounts. So you are not being an honest guy when you say you always unlock. And this even when they have stopped mining at your pool for several weeks now (0 hashes should mean no damage at all to your pool resources). In plain English you are keeping the funds to yourself.

There are no such cases.  There are cases of people that request an unblock but did not stop their abusive behaviour.  If they would just move their miners away and ask an unblock, I will honor that request  However, all cases you refer to are people that just want the funds in their account but do not or are not able to remove their miners.   Please stop making false accusations, and just request an unblock when all miners have been moved away and I will honor that request.

Then block their accounts as you wish, they are long gone and they do not care!

if they would be gone, I would gladly unblock them.  Unfortunately, my server logs prove that they haven't.

No pool should ever accept them.  They are economically nonviable.  We're talking about clients that do less then 1 megahash.   They should not mine at all.

As organofcorti already explained, statistically spoken all values are within reason.  And they will always be so, as we take the integrity of our pool very seriously.  And to add to that: when you use stratum, you can verify yourself which blocks we are mining on, and you can check for yourself which blocks are found by the pool.  Since everybody on stratum can see the generation transaction, there is no way for me to cheat on that.  To go even further: I can still reproduce every blockheader/share found by the pool in the last year and actually prove that everything in this pool is correct.  And that includes the bad luck streak from November.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 06:25:58 AM

Lets stop this which hunt right now, adara. These people with unpaid BTC need to step forward, or you need to STFU.

You have taken much of what I said in the PM out of context and the rest is lies. I never said I was an old friend, 'throwing squid' nor was I EVER owed anything.

Triplemining was not the only pool mentioned as having suffered an unusually bad luck streak during the days/weeks leading up to the halving. I DID NOT IMPLICATE ANY OF THOSE POOL OPERATORS.

@Kinlo  I will gladly forward you a copy of the PMs if requested. Plz know, I have no malicious intent here.

HT

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: