Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:06:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NR 1] Triplemining.com <> BIG jackpot every week <>  (Read 113364 times)
Parja

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:18:18 PM

Parja!!!!!!  You left my pool. Sad

Huh?  I never registered with a referral link, so don't know how I would have been in your pool.

Weird, is there any way of knowing whose minipool you're even in?  I'm not seeing any way to find that info.

So if you register without a referral link, are you automagically assigned to someone's minipool?  That's kind of underhanded, especially if you don't have the option to change which minipool you're in after the fact.  I had to register a new account to join lol bitcoins, bitcoins lol.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ZombieDeity

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:18:31 PM

Parja!!!!!!  You left my pool. Sad

lol bitcoins... bitcoins lol
ZombieDeity

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:25:17 PM

Weird, is there any way of knowing whose minipool you're even in?  I'm not seeing any way to find that info.

Nope, no way to see it.  I'm annoyed by the fact that I'm in CNMOH's pool (since we're competing with him), but that's just the way it is.  I clicked his banner first.  I thought about creating a new account to take my wind out of his sails, but I won't bother.
Auspician

Activity: 126
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:30:05 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2011, 06:58:58 PM by Auspician

When you sign up, you both simultaneously join a minipool and create your own.  Triple Mining works on a one-level referral basis.  Meaning if someone refers you they get the 1% fee you pay for the pool.  For everyone you refer you get their 1% fee.  The person who referred you gets nothing from those you refer; 99% of the solved block goes proportionally to the workers.

In short, there is no real pyramid/leverage mechanism in place here.  You simply get paid residuals for those you refer, as long as you also have active miners.  
CNMOH

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:43:52 PM

Weird, is there any way of knowing whose minipool you're even in?  I'm not seeing any way to find that info.

Nope, no way to see it.  I'm annoyed by the fact that I'm in CNMOH's pool (since we're competing with him), but that's just the way it is.  I clicked his banner first.  I thought about creating a new account to take my wind out of his sails, but I won't bother.

That would halve my pool's hashing power Embarrassed
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 06:46:31 PM

Weird, is there any way of knowing whose minipool you're even in?  I'm not seeing any way to find that info.

Nope, no way to see it.  I'm annoyed by the fact that I'm in CNMOH's pool (since we're competing with him), but that's just the way it is.  I clicked his banner first.  I thought about creating a new account to take my wind out of his sails, but I won't bother.

join me, i offer fresh brains served twice a day!
CNMOH

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:49:59 PM

To say that this is not a pyramid scheme is a bit naive. Most pyramid schemes actually work on a referral basis. The money has to come from somewhere, someone has to lose out.

But Sukrim, as Auspician says, you don't make a choice between joining or creating a minipool. In fact, you won't really be affected at all by which pool you're in. Even if you're not in a minipool, you still pay the same 1% fee as everyone else. You're essentially always in two pools: Your own, and your referee's. You don't lose anything by using a referral link.
ZombieDeity

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:50:44 PM

join me, i offer fresh brains served twice a day!

Haha, now that's tempting.  Afraid I have to stay where I am though.  At this point, I've offered half a bitcoin to each of my two producing pool members, so there's no personal incentive for me to stay in the Top 5... except for teh lulz.  I do it all for teh lulz.
skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 06:55:24 PM

Yeah if the whole idea of this is to get a bunch of people to work for you, I don't have enough friends who know the first clue about bitcoins or mining, and doing it alone hasn't yielded any results. Granted I have a lousy hashrate, but even with deepbit (until recently it seems) I was getting something.

I've been continously mining at triplemining for at least 24 hours and haven't had one acceptance, with deepbit it was almost right away, so what's the deal?

What else could I say?
CNMOH

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:37:20 PM

Yeah if the whole idea of this is to get a bunch of people to work for you, I don't have enough friends who know the first clue about bitcoins or mining, and doing it alone hasn't yielded any results. Granted I have a lousy hashrate, but even with deepbit (until recently it seems) I was getting something.

I've been continously mining at triplemining for at least 24 hours and haven't had one acceptance, with deepbit it was almost right away, so what's the deal?
You can promote through the forum, like I do with my signature. I earn about 13% more in this pool right now than I do at any other, and that's not including any jackpots I might get.

If you mean none of your shares get accepted, you probably haven't configured your miner correctly. If you mean you haven't gotten any funds, that's because this is a new pool with a low hash rate. It takes days between blocks, and it's only when a block is found that you get bitcoins. Deepbit is big enough that a block is found very often, and they also offer PPS, which means every share you send in has a fixed value instead of being proportional to how much you've contributed in finding a block.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:40:29 PM

That would halve my pool's hashing power Embarrassed

lol

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
MrSam (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 08:47:30 PM

Allmost 45Gh!!!!

Everyone in this forum is awesome!

It's really amazing if you know that this pool is less then a week old and we allready achieved so much, and i am very proud of you all.

I'll let the action run for a some more hours ( it still is the 4th of july in alot of timezones Tongue), and with a bit of luck we get to 50 !

Thanks to each and all of you for making this happen!

Kind regards,
Mr Sam
sealkid

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

Honk, honk!

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:47:08 PM

75 minutes to go in my timezone... 7GH to go, its gonna just fall short. Brilliant effort though people. I've been watching this pool's progress since it started whilst earning my noob badges on the forum and planning/buying my rig. I'll be with you by the end of the week hopefully.

For the referral minipool system... are there any objections if I borrow (alter slighty) one of you guys' signature banners, and use it on here and on all the other forums I frequent? So many people have still not heard of bitcoin, and if their first point of contact is triplemining, then it might sign them up.

Another element that makes this pool unique compared to the others like slush's (which I was CPU mining at for about a week) is the marketing. The great way that MrSam is open to suggestions and turns around ideas quickly, and is coming up with new gizmos and gimmicks, and the friendly colours and settings, make it appeal to the more social miners. What does it say about me that I joined mainly because of the picture of cute robots in space? lol

My first rig will only be 400MH/s or so. Once that settles in, and triplemining goes from strength to strength, I will add and upgrade.

MrSam - have you thought about any incentives/rewards for solely CPU miner accounts? I guess this is tricky since they don't contribute much to the pool overall and it is hard to monitor exactly who is solely CPU mining. I only mention it because a lot of beginners want to try it out first without upgrading/burning their graphics cards. If CPU mining returned some reward for their efforts (CPU only starter minipool?), they may be persuaded to become 'proper' miners and long term help triplemining. Just a thought.

Andy

Come join my triplemining minipool! (http://sealkid.triplemining.com/register)
nuke

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 10:47:28 PM

One question, i want to try this pool and I have two 5870's at 410 MH/s each one.
It is better if i register two workers under my account or i register one of them as a worker, and another account for the other card?
What's the difference?
Thanks
Anonymous

July 04, 2011, 10:59:57 PM

http://hashwith.me

Grin
CNMOH

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:00:15 PM

One question, i want to try this pool and I have two 5870's at 410 MH/s each one.
It is better if i register two workers under my account or i register one of them as a worker, and another account for the other card?
What's the difference?
Thanks
It's better to register two accounts. You'll get referral earnings from one of them.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:26:03 PM

So in the end I have to create a "pseudo"-account where I just CPU mine (or GPU mine with very low priority - just enough to be called "active") and a second one that is my "real" acount referred by the first one, to get most of the 1% fee back...

Too much hassle for a simple mining pool really, where no transaction fees are distributed, 1% of income is being gambled with and which even runs proportional(!).

In theory the system sounds interesting but the fact that this refspamming and -linking is already getting out of control (with threads like this one, which is about the SAME pool, as in many other threads here as well) is very likely to harm the pool's reputation more than you might think.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Auspician

Activity: 126
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:51:43 PM

It sounds like you're just trying to scam the system - 1% is hardly anything and a reasonable payment to referrers for their efforts of bringing other people to the pool. 

Trying to cheat that away from them is both petty and selfish - and amazingly brazen since you're just outright saying what you'd plan to do in order to scam the system.  This is certainly not the type of behavior the bitcoin community needs.
Houseonfire

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 01:59:49 AM

What is the common thoughts on these?
WillMitchell

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 03:49:24 AM

I use triplemining and love it, personally think their referral and promotion systems will take off

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: