Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:18:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NR 1] Triplemining.com <> BIG jackpot every week <>  (Read 113359 times)
CNMOH

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 11:20:45 AM

It's proportional. Seeing as we're having an unlucky round, rewards will only decrease as more hashing power is added to the pool. The pool has grown a lot during this round.

Err sure..however, for example, I have just swapped back over to bitcoins.lc after not mining there for some time to test my theory, and already my estimated earnings after just an hour of mining is 0.38693534 BTC / 24h. And their pool size is 664.68 Ghash/s.

Something's not right here..
There's nothing wrong. Bitcoins.lc is a large pool, the pool does not grow enough in a single round for there to be much variance because their rounds are so short. This round has been going so long, and it had time to grow a lot during that round, meaning the block has to be distributed among more and more people. It's simply an unlucky round.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Auspician

Activity: 126
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:49:02 PM

I have been getting requests from people to ask me to set up a more score based system, against pool hopping.... Not sure what to do here ...

I'll step out of the shadows and reveal myself.  Personally, I'm committed to Triple Mining.  I think its a fun pool design, friendly members and has a great community feel.  Assuming the pool doesn't go down, I don't want to mine anywhere else. 

That said, I don't want to have lower earnings because I'm not pool hopping on slower rounds like others are.  It is my feeling that those who are committed to mining with Triple Mining should receive the highest payouts; but I honestly have no idea how this could be fairly achieved. 

Would a score based system or some other incentive to stick with Triple Mining make it more difficult to attract new people to the pool?  I don't know.  But honestly, I'd prefer to be part of a smaller dedicated group of miners rather than a bunch of pool hoppers.  Am I alone in this?
CNMOH

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:53:36 PM

I have been getting requests from people to ask me to set up a more score based system, against pool hopping.... Not sure what to do here ...

I'll step out of the shadows and reveal myself.  Personally, I'm committed to Triple Mining.  I think its a fun pool design, friendly members and has a great community feel.  Assuming the pool doesn't go down, I don't want to mine anywhere else. 

That said, I don't want to have lower earnings because I'm not pool hopping on slower rounds like others are.  It is my feeling that those who are committed to mining with Triple Mining should receive the highest payouts; but I honestly have no idea how this could be fairly achieved. 

Would a score based system or some other incentive to stick with Triple Mining make it more difficult to attract new people to the pool?  I don't know.  But honestly, I'd prefer to be part of a smaller dedicated group of miners rather than a bunch of pool hoppers.  Am I alone in this?
I agree, but the pool is growing quickly and soon this won't be a problem anymore.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 04:17:03 PM

...How is it a zero sum game? It is dumb of me to think that anybody in the forum for a digital currency has any sense, but this is ridiculous...
How is it not a zero-sum game? Do you think that if this pyramid scheme lets some people earn more than they would on a zero fee pool, then those extra bitcoins are created out of thin air? Yes, you not understanding something as simple as this is ridiculous.

Lucky owners at TripleMining have figured out how to create bitcoins out of thin air...

Roll Eyes

Just shutup already

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
PandaMiner

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 04:54:23 PM

At first I was thinking just like oldminer. But then I did the math.

I added up all my shares with the workers, and then figured out what percentage my shares were compared to total shares.  I then plugged this percentage into the block total (50btc) and my result was exactly the same as the estimated amount shown in my account page. 

Sure, it's getting lower, but look how much we've grown.  We were at 15ghps when we solved other blocks, there were fewer shares in total, so our percentage of the pie was bigger.

So, it's a fair distribution. But then you got the other incentives, like pool bonus, jackpot, and whatever else Sam decides to add to sweeten the pot.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 05:51:58 PM

I added up all my shares with the workers, and then figured out what percentage my shares were compared to total shares.  I then plugged this percentage into the block total (50btc) and my result was exactly the same as the estimated amount shown in my account page.  

Yea but your conclusion is based on the assumption that the estimated earnings for your workers is correct also.

Ive got a miner running on another pool atm and after just 8 hours or so its estimated earnings are @ approx 0.30BTC /24h (its already earnt 0.15 BTC)....while my estimated earnings for my miner @ TP is only .50 BTC after 79 hours of mining.

My experience with other pools has always been that regardless of pool size and the difficulty of a block, my earnings have still averaged out the same according to my hash rate.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Auspician

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 06:24:35 PM

They do average out.  It just depends on how long it takes to find a block.  You won't have the same performance at ten small pools of the same size; it is purely a matter of luck.  The reason you're able to attain more BTCs in a shorter period of time from another pool is purely due to that pools better luck in finding a block compared to this round for Triple Mining.  

That . . . and 'estimated' payouts don't mean anything until a block is found.  If a block is found in 1 minute, you might snag 1BTC for your efforts during that minute.  If a block is found after 100 hours, you might get that same BTC for your efforts during those hours.  You'll get less if more people added their hashpower during that cycle, or more if people removed hashpower during that cycle.  Make sense?

All this banter aside, can we find a freaking block already?  Geesh . . . Tongue

Edit: I've had three people join my minipool today, but none of them have started mining as of yet.  Probably wisely waiting until this block is found before entering the ring . . . hopefully we gain 10-20Ghash/s after we find this next block, removing the pain of waiting for the 4th.
sealkid

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

Honk, honk!

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 07:19:21 PM

Lets start sweepstakes! Who can bet when the block will be found? I'll choose the 5-6 hour period after this post  Lips sealed (1am-2am GMT+1)

Come join my triplemining minipool! (http://sealkid.triplemining.com/register)
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 07:51:25 PM

80 hours... are you freaking kidding me? This is just too painful to watch.
Auspician

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 07:55:35 PM

Lets start sweepstakes! Who can bet when the block will be found? I'll choose the 5-6 hour period after this post  Lips sealed (1am-2am GMT+1)

That could be quite a bit of fun, actually.  In fact I created a game where we can place a few small wagers to keep us entertained until the block is found.  You can check out the game here.
wolf902

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 08:01:09 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2011, 08:24:25 PM by wolf902

Hey guys wolf902 here.
Recently after mining at deep bit quite a lot i had stumbled upon triple mining.I had to Ask my self this, you should ask your self this as-well.
Do you want a more efficient pool and to mean something in the bitcoin industry?

Well then if you answered yes, Join up! Tons of benefits,jackpots,and every block found is distributed to all users. In addition, an extra bonus can be returned to you through our weekly jackpot where all accounts are treated equally and have the same chance of winning the jackpot.

We recently found our second block which is distributed evenly to all workers mind you. There is word that our third block is on it's way.

The link is here https://wolf902.triplemining.com/register

Sign up and your good to go. (Don't forget to make a worker! This is in your account. The username and pw your use here is what you use when mining.)
host=eu.triplemining.com --port=8344
here is GUI miner
https://github.com/downloads/Kiv/poclbm/guiminer-20110701.exe
select server as "Triplemining"
Enter username and pw matching your worker.
Start mining!

Any questions please PM me or post here! I will answer them to the best of my ability!
mikegogulski

Activity: 360

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 09:21:03 PM

I got me a jackpotz! Wheeeee!!!!

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road
ZombieDeity

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:47:26 PM

I agree.  If we're going to put in 80+ hours on a block like this one, I don't want pool hoppers taking any of what little we make from it through dedication.
MrSam (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 09:50:05 PM

I agree.  If we're going to put in 80+ hours on a block like this one, I don't want pool hoppers taking any of what little we make from it through dedication.

I agree, i'm open for idea's on how we could work this out.
Coolhwip

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:35:21 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2011, 12:38:04 PM by Coolhwip

Pyramid scheme and you already spammed the same shit on another thread.
PandaMiner

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 11:32:16 PM

Is it possible to "weigh" the later shares more than the earlier shares?

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
DullJack

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 11:52:01 PM

Is it possible to "weigh" the later shares more than the earlier shares?

Yeah, if you could convert it to a weighted score-based system and get it to work with the minipool referral system then I say go for it!
Auspician

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:05:05 AM

We don't really want to encourage reverse-pool-hopping, either, but I think this idea is a step in the right direction. 

Since it has been estimated that pool hopping can deprive dedicated miners of about 12% of their income, what about this:

Every miner who was connected when the last block was found has each of their shares in the new round count as 1.12 shares as long as they remain connected.  If they disconnect for more than 10 minutes any future shares they submit during that round do not receive the bonus.  This provides incentive to continue mining until the block is found AND to keep mining through the next round. 

ZombieDeity

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:32:10 AM

We don't really want to encourage reverse-pool-hopping, either, but I think this idea is a step in the right direction. 

Since it has been estimated that pool hopping can deprive dedicated miners of about 12% of their income, what about this:

Every miner who was connected when the last block was found has each of their shares in the new round count as 1.12 shares as long as they remain connected.  If they disconnect for more than 10 minutes any future shares they submit during that round do not receive the bonus.  This provides incentive to continue mining until the block is found AND to keep mining through the next round. 

Where would MrSam get the funds to pay everyone who was mining the whole round, earning 1.12 x their normal share?

I don't think reverse-pool-hopping is really a big problem.  It's too hard for hoppers to predict when a long block will end and come in at the right time.  Leaving when a block is taking too long is much easier.  Score-based systems that weight later shares to be worth more work well enough.
PandaMiner

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:33:28 AM

That's forward thinking.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: