Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:52:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recieved 50GH BFL Single Today!  (Read 51058 times)
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:04:22 AM

I'm not going to argue you for fear I would contradict my apology.

It seems like most of you are siding with me, which I'm thankful for.

The lessons we can learn from this have already been pointed out in a few posts. I hope we can all take something away from this Smiley

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
iANDROID

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Swiss Money all around me!

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:06:42 AM

I found it cool.
I can troll BFL here and use a fake order (like #6149).
And then, you will cancel it? Shocked
Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:36:08 AM

Congrats

Order Date?

first day ordering was opened. I made several that day for friends, family, and of course myself.

Decided to sell it on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190857744643?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

When the others come, I will be over my power budget. They were only supposed to be 60W miners; so, a few will need to go.

Be careful, paypal will permanently ban your account if they find you selling it.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:54:29 AM

Congrats

Order Date?

first day ordering was opened. I made several that day for friends, family, and of course myself.

Decided to sell it on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190857744643?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

When the others come, I will be over my power budget. They were only supposed to be 60W miners; so, a few will need to go.

Be careful, paypal will permanently ban your account if they find you selling it.

No they won't. It's pre-orders they have had enough of...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
saveawedge

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:59:33 AM

I think I'm going to write a sitcom called 'The Butterfly Lab'.

The first episode will be called 'mean words'. It will show how Noble Josh fought off yet another customer after receiving a torrent of abuse (in the form of nasty words). The finale will be cataclysmic clash with a customer...

Noble Josh shows up at the customers door, hurling his pre-order money into his face. Josh bursts out in a fit of hysteria "DON'T SAY NASTY WORDS TO US!!", his customer looking more baffled every second.

Without giving too much of the story line away, the situation will resolve itself after Noble Josh allows the customer to re-enter the pre-order queue. On the condition that he runs down the street shouting "BFL, BFL, BFL" and on the condition that he exhibits a huge amount of happiness, if he frowns or shows any remorse he shall be shot.
Beans

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:09:18 PM

The order was a Jalapeno initially. I paid to upgrade it to a 60gh/s SC Single, and BFL confirmed that I would not lose my place in line.

The bit-pay guys know the number BFL's database started at, and it was with my order. I placed it within ten seconds of BFL opening the forms, and nobody on the forums claimed a previous preorder until BFL started lying about it. I'm not going to be easily convinced that over 50 people placed orders via paypal exclusively in those ten seconds.

BFL: What's your excuse for this one?

Calm the fck down,

The reason why there are orders b4 you was the last FPGA orders were allowed to convert to ASICs. They've automatically become the first ones in line.

For new orders, its true that you're the first.

I had mine converted to ASIC's and my jally got shipped the same time as people in mid-late July. Hard to say what's really going on with the order list.
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:12:00 PM

I think I'm going to write a sitcom called 'The Butterfly Lab'.

The first episode will be called 'mean words'. It will show how Noble Josh fought off yet another customer after receiving a torrent of abuse (in the form of nasty words). The finale will be cataclysmic clash with a customer...

Noble Josh shows up at the customers door, hurling his pre-order money into his face. Josh bursts out in a fit of hysteria "DON'T SAY NASTY WORDS TO US!!", his customer looking more baffled every second.

Without giving too much of the story line away, the situation will resolve itself after Noble Josh allows the customer to re-enter the pre-order queue. On the condition that he runs down the street shouting "BFL, BFL, BFL" and on the condition that he exhibits a huge amount of happiness, if he frowns or shows any remorse he shall be shot.

Noble Huh  - There must be a new definition of noble in town. But from what I can see with not just this post. The way he carries himself is far from noble ......

He will be kicked off his high horse in due time before the year ends.  Probably put that in your sitcom too

But at the end of the day. They have started to ship, so better late than never .... so lets just enjoy this post pictures until our "precious" arrives (In no way saying past conduct of BFL is acceptable)  But it is what it is after one year.. just take it as a lesson learnt
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:16:03 PM

I know this is none of my business, but i thought I would drop in my 2 Satoshis on this thread.

From a historical standpoint, it was really not that long ago that calling someone a liar would get you horsewhipped at the least, or get you shot at the worst. Words, like any other action can have adverse consequences, and before we use them we should be prepared to accept those consequences. I know today that people generally feel that they should be able to say whatever they like without those consequences, but like everything else, that is only an opinion.

There is a good reason to be civil, even when you are frustrated. It makes the world a better place, and tends to bestow respect on you. Only in a schoolyard, a prison, or a trailer park can you get respect for that sort of behavior. Over the years I have learned to glean quite a bit about the past and the character of people by their choice of words, and many others I know are quite adept at this. These are critical things to know when entering into business dealings with others.

I guess what I am trying to say is, always put your best foot forward, and don't let your temper get the best of you. It will almost always cost you something if you don't, even if you don't see what it is costing you.

The bitcoin community is trying to grow, and outsiders will judge us by how we treat each other. What is written in these forum will exist for a very very very long time. It can cause real damage long after the arguments are forgotten.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:34:46 PM

I know this is none of my business, but i thought I would drop in my 2 Satoshis on this thread.

From a historical standpoint, it was really not that long ago that calling someone a liar would get you horsewhipped at the least, or get you shot at the worst. Words, like any other action can have adverse consequences, and before we use them we should be prepared to accept those consequences. I know today that people generally feel that they should be able to say whatever they like without those consequences, but like everything else, that is only an opinion.

There is a good reason to be civil, even when you are frustrated. It makes the world a better place, and tends to bestow respect on you. Only in a schoolyard, a prison, or a trailer park can you get respect for that sort of behavior. Over the years I have learned to glean quite a bit about the past and the character of people by their choice of words, and many others I know are quite adept at this. These are critical things to know when entering into business dealings with others.

I guess what I am trying to say is, always put your best foot forward, and don't let your temper get the best of you. It will almost always cost you something if you don't, even if you don't see what it is costing you.

The bitcoin community is trying to grow, and outsiders will judge us by how we treat each other. What is written in these forum will exist for a very very very long time. It can cause real damage long after the arguments are forgotten.

This is one of, if not thee best post I have seen written here!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:45:14 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 01:53:00 PM by mmitech

In order for me to keep my pre-orders Josh is making me do the following:

• Apologize Publicly for calling Josh and BFL liars
  • Admit "Werner" is a sock puppet account uner my control
  • Apologize for using "Werner" to troll him

Therefore, in the best interest of Cognitive, the people who have purchased pre-orders from me, and myself:

Dear Inaba and BFL:

Sorry for calling you liars. Werner is a sock puppet account under my control. Sorry for utilizing said account to "troll" you.

With regret,
                                                     Garr255

Also, I apologize to all who I may have put risk by speculating that BFL may have been acting in a dishonest fashion. If I had known that the cancellation of orders placed by me would result of this I would not have acted in such a way, as that would be a direct violation of the fiduciary duty imposed on me by handing others' assets.

wow just wow, most people will ask where is you pride, but you just proved that you control your ego, most people will say you are a coward but I think it takes allot of courage to do this.

Josh and BFL employees, regarding these angry people who post all kind of things you do not like, don't you think that this is justified by looking to the fact that your plans went so wrong, your customers had trusted you by putting pre-orders and each time something went wrong you came here and humiliated every one said anything about it ?  

So let me get this straight:

You think it's ok to make baseless accusations.
You think it's ok to use a sock puppet account to troll people.
You think it's ok to lie about said socket puppet account and explicitly post a contradictory post when caught in said lie.

Does that about cover it?  If BFL "humiliated everyone said anything about it" this forum would be filled with nothing but BFL posts.  If you want to complain, fine, by all means, have at it... there are many, many posts and threads doing just that.  I tried to help Garr out and got nothing but crap in return, finally culminating in him using a socket puppet account to further troll the situation.  Then, this lovely and incredibly disingenuous apology follows.  Yes, sure.. whatever you say.

The bottom line is, if you want to get unreasonable, we simply don't want to deal with you.  We have our hands full dealing with adult customers who are reasonable, we have no need for unreasonable, irrational customers throwing tantrums and screaming "Me first GIMME GIMME!"

No to be honest, I do not think it is ok, I don't know on which position is the OP that he came out this way, so I will skip this one, but to be fear I believe that whenever an argue/fight/misunderstanding there is always two parts, to clarify my statement I think you both fucked up really, he came back and did apologize which is something great, you tried to help first, but than you used the advantage to manipulate the situation.

there is plenty of jerks and scammers here around, but this doesn't clarify your attitude to customers, and this doesn't clarify the fail of your production plan,  dont forget that without these customers pre-orders and trust you wouldn't start making these products.

BTW I am not a BFL customer neither an ASIC owner, and till this moment I didn't order any ASIC .
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:45:47 PM

You think it's ok to lie about said socket puppet account and explicitly post a contradictory post when caught in said lie.

Does that about cover it?  If BFL "humiliated everyone said anything about it" this forum would be filled with nothing but BFL posts.  If you want to complain, fine, by all means, have at it... there are many, many posts and threads doing just that.  I tried to help Garr out and got nothing but crap in return, finally culminating in him using a socket puppet account to further troll the situation.  Then, this lovely and incredibly disingenuous apology follows.  Yes, sure.. whatever you say.

The bottom line is, if you want to get unreasonable, we simply don't want to deal with you.  We have our hands full dealing with adult customers who are reasonable, we have no need for unreasonable, irrational customers throwing tantrums and screaming "Me first GIMME GIMME!"

The only reason you have the job that you do is because we give you our money. One more time, because it's obvious you forget this all the time. We. Give. You. Our. Money.

You took a risk. You failed to meet the promises you made, repeatedly. Instead of bearing it you get in to arguments with people who have legitimate concerns because We. Gave. You. Our. Money.

If you don't like people being unreasonable, don't be a dick. I had planned on spending many more of my BTC on BFL but I'll never do it until you're gone. Your asshattery just siphons the value out of BFL. The way you treat me, your customer, and your other customers makes me never want to give you my money again.

If someone gives. you. their. money. that's a contract. If you start making people jump through hoops after the fact while holding the "I'll cancel your order" card over their head it makes people nervous. You literally took someones money up to a year before giving them anything in return and instead of addressing their issues you say "preorder lol two more weeks." That's just dishonest you jerk. Then when, expectedly, people's anger escalates you pull this shit? Forcing a public apology from someone who offended you?

"I'm sorry oh great and powerful Jody, Lord of the Labs of Butterfly. May you find it in your benevolent and magnificent heart to permit me the privilege of having access to the goods you promised almost a year ago. Even though the last year of your life was made possible by me, and the others who put our faith, and cash, in your hands."

God damn, don't you have better things to do? If I was behind on orders like you are and owed, because you are in debt at this point, other people something I wouldn't eat or sleep unless I had to until the debt was paid.

I like giving my money to people who make my life easier. It's an even bigger bonus when those people are nice. You're a dick. You don't even respect the people who are employing you. And I'll be doing my part to make this world a better place by never giving you my money again.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:47:00 PM

wonder how much these will sell for on ebay.....
innovation

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:31:15 PM

congratulations.
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:21:28 PM

wonder how much these will sell for on ebay.....

its at $20,000 right now.

And as for the whole BFL discussion, all I know - all I want to know - and all I need to know is that BFL is almost 3/4 of a year late on their delivery. I don't care why. I don't need excuses. Other people don't need excuses. Especially when those excuses are bemuddled in a "support forum" that is more disastrous and clumsy than any college startup I've ever seen. There are teams of 5 teenagers that can handle a business better than BFL. The blackout lengths of information for customers that have paid UPFRONT thousands of dollars are left wondering every day "where is the next update? What happened? Maybe tomorrow? Or next week? or the next week?"

BFL has stated going on 5~ times now Singles will be shipping very soon or within the next week. I'm watching the blog posts by BFL_Jody, I see "No singles shipped today, no singles shipped today, no singles shipped today, oh wait... 1 Single shipped today and 2 minirigs. AND EVERY JALEPENO UP TO SEPTEMBER 2nd ORDERS!"
Utter disaster. We got scammed. And the minirig people got completely shafted. They took the most risk, and BFL got the most money from them, and they did nothing~~~~ to support them. I'm happy the number of minirigs going out is increasing even more so than singles, even at my own despair.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:47:04 PM

If you start making people jump through hoops after the fact while holding the "I'll cancel your order" card over their head it makes people nervous.

There are no hoops. Unless you're a drama queen and put on a full on dog and pony show, whereupon you're asked if you wouldn't mind jumping BACK through all those hoops you brought out, and shoveling up all that horseshit your little circus act left all over the village green.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:52:11 PM

In order for me to keep my pre-orders Josh is making me do the following:

• Apologize Publicly for calling Josh and BFL liars
  • Admit "Werner" is a sock puppet account uner my control
  • Apologize for using "Werner" to troll him

Therefore, in the best interest of Cognitive, the people who have purchased pre-orders from me, and myself:

Dear Inaba and BFL:

Sorry for calling you liars. Werner is a sock puppet account under my control. Sorry for utilizing said account to "troll" you.

With regret,
                                                     Garr255

Also, I apologize to all who I may have put risk by speculating that BFL may have been acting in a dishonest fashion. If I had known that the cancellation of orders placed by me would result of this I would not have acted in such a way, as that would be a direct violation of the fiduciary duty imposed on me by handing others' assets.

wow just wow, most people will ask where is you pride, but you just proved that you control your ego, most people will say you are a coward but I think it takes allot of courage to do this.

Josh and BFL employees, regarding these angry people who post all kind of things you do not like, don't you think that this is justified by looking to the fact that your plans went so wrong, your customers had trusted you by putting pre-orders and each time something went wrong you came here and humiliated every one said anything about it ?  

Can you just refund him Josh?

I dont think you need to go any further, just refund him and get back to working
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:58:37 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 03:10:26 PM by Xian01

Garr, you can officially piss off at this point and take your accusations and stick them straight up your ass.  I tried to be nice and I wanted to help you and you give me all sorts of shit and accusations.  This is why we no longer give a shit about this forum;  Everyone here is monumental assholes, no matter how accommodating one tries to be.  

Should I take this, and your other recent forced refund as a formal notice you are ignoring our first letter ?

Today makes seven days I believe.

MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:59:04 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 03:27:07 PM by MooC Tals

The order was a Jalapeno initially. I paid to upgrade it to a 60gh/s SC Single, and BFL confirmed that I would not lose my place in line.

The bit-pay guys know the number BFL's database started at, and it was with my order. I placed it within ten seconds of BFL opening the forms, and nobody on the forums claimed a previous preorder until BFL started lying about it. I'm not going to be easily convinced that over 50 people placed orders via paypal exclusively in those ten seconds.

BFL: What's your excuse for this one?

Calm the fck down,

The reason why there are orders b4 you was the last FPGA orders were allowed to convert to ASICs. They've automatically become the first ones in line.

For new orders, its true that you're the first.

Nemesis is correct. There are a number of orders that are before the first Bitpay order, dating back well before #1600.  Garr, you can officially piss off at this point and take your accusations and stick them straight up your ass.  I tried to be nice and I wanted to help you and you give me all sorts of shit and accusations.  This is why we no longer give a shit about this forum;  Everyone here is monumental assholes, no matter how accommodating one tries to be.  Garr, you'll get your order when it comes up in the queue, I'm done looking into your problems or trying to help you. 

Never will I send you my business and I am pretty sure you and your company will not do well in the future. It's all down hill from here. Lots of competition coming

Wow you're great at customer relations.
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:14:01 PM

Has anyone else received one? Deciding if I should upgrade to the 60GH unit.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:14:05 PM

I'm not going to argue you for fear I would contradict my apology.

It seems like most of you are siding with me, which I'm thankful for.

The lessons we can learn from this have already been pointed out in a few posts. I hope we can all take something away from this Smiley

BS, thats not an apology.

You even called me a sock suppet while you're using one. You have no fcking dignity dont you? Take a refund and fck off.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: