Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:37:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recieved 50GH BFL Single Today!  (Read 51055 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:21:45 PM

Has anyone else received one? Deciding if I should upgrade to the 60GH unit.

Not that I know of
GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:25:34 PM

They have not claimed to ship any from what I've seen. One of their CS people post a blog post when units supposedly go out. She just posted one last night saying zero Singles shipped. They don't seem to announce when they ship to people they are in bed with some how.
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:51:43 PM

They have not claimed to ship any from what I've seen. One of their CS people post a blog post when units supposedly go out. She just posted one last night saying zero Singles shipped. They don't seem to announce when they ship to people they are in bed with some how.

They said they shipped a few Singles when LabRat visited. He watched them go out. I'm assuming OP was one of them. But since, it hasn't been reported anymore.

Scam artists. Never again. I defended them tooth and nail until Feb~. And now its the end of June and ONLY real progress has been made on jalapenos. Shame.

EDIT:
I just read the comments Inaba/BFL_Josh made about the community and how "bad it is."
He clearly doesn't even read BFL's own forum or blogs. I've never seen more asshatery here than there.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 03:54:15 PM

The order was a Jalapeno initially. I paid to upgrade it to a 60gh/s SC Single, and BFL confirmed that I would not lose my place in line.

The bit-pay guys know the number BFL's database started at, and it was with my order. I placed it within ten seconds of BFL opening the forms, and nobody on the forums claimed a previous preorder until BFL started lying about it. I'm not going to be easily convinced that over 50 people placed orders via paypal exclusively in those ten seconds.

BFL: What's your excuse for this one?

Calm the fck down,

The reason why there are orders b4 you was the last FPGA orders were allowed to convert to ASICs. They've automatically become the first ones in line.

For new orders, its true that you're the first.

Nemesis is correct. There are a number of orders that are before the first Bitpay order, dating back well before #1600.  Garr, you can officially piss off at this point and take your accusations and stick them straight up your ass.  I tried to be nice and I wanted to help you and you give me all sorts of shit and accusations.  This is why we no longer give a shit about this forum;  Everyone here is monumental assholes, no matter how accommodating one tries to be.  Garr, you'll get your order when it comes up in the queue, I'm done looking into your problems or trying to help you.  

Awesome, dude! Two lies in one posts. The first one is obvious.

Everyone here is monumental assholes;...

I don't think you meant to include your loyal customer base, for they is the bestest.

As for the second lie...

I will still be posting as Inaba for communications that don't involve BFL.

As for the GLBSE assets, they should not be affected.

You expressed getting to Garr's order when it comes up in the queue. Isn't that speaking in the capacity of BFL, or is one of us mistakenTM?

I'm sure Sonny ordered it, so check in the warehouse to see if it arrived. This is what you're looking for.

If it's not in the warehouse, it's probable at Sonny's Walnut St. address where the power supplies from China were delivered after they hit the US mainland back in January of this year.

Speaking of such, how was it possible to ship back in October when the power supplies weren't yet in the old or new facility, but were on a slow boat from China?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:10:30 PM

What did they say?  A bunch of angry children throwing more tantrums?  Did I miss something juicy?  DAMN IT!

Since you asked, what I said is that you should be worried that people are going to start turning your company in to every regulatory agency they can find because of your behavior in this thread. Unfortunately, I said it by quoting someone that had a more extreme take on the situation. Actually, I have some free time. Let me see how many on-line reports I can fill out at agency's today.

thomashrev89

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:40:37 PM

i saw somewhere that josh has been convicted of fraud, how can anyone expect anything from him? he redlines my douche meter. 

wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:42:25 PM

A very entertaining thread, thanks everyone!

BFL can cancel orders for any reason (excluding discriminatory ones like race, gender, etc.), and if they refund the order money there's no harm done, in the legal sense. It's not smart to attack someone and then expect them to continue to do business with you.
kayrice

Activity: 104
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:43:08 PM

BFL please fire Josh as quick as possible. This is pathetic.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:45:34 PM

BFL can cancel orders for any reason (excluding discriminatory ones like race, gender, etc.), and if they refund the order money there's no harm done, in the legal sense.

Not true. I've been informed this is a Breach of Contract and Civil RICO offense.
axilla

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 05:58:20 PM

Got some extra cash and stated to order a few jalapeños lol not now.

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:59:10 PM

Perhaps ordering BFL products should include a morality clause.

Good show everyone.  Grin
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 06:02:37 PM

I did not request a refund. If you refund me, I expect the full amount of BTC I paid to be refunded. If you are able to do this I will gladly take my business elsewhere, because believe it or not you have competition now

You'll get the full amount you paid in USD, since that's how our products are priced.  

This would actually be a very interesting legal issue since the contract is voidable by Garr225 because he is a minor (See Bowling v. Sperry, 133 Ind. App. 692, 184 N.E.2d 901 (1962)) and the consideration Garr225 tendered was BTC and not USD.

Looks like Garr225 might get some fun legal experience out of this drama!

wormbog

Activity: 561

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:16:05 PM

BFL can cancel orders for any reason (excluding discriminatory ones like race, gender, etc.), and if they refund the order money there's no harm done, in the legal sense.

Not true. I've been informed this is a Breach of Contract and Civil RICO offense.

Contract law is all about making the damaged party "whole", ie. recovering their losses. If the purchase price is refunded there are no damages. Potential lost profits on a speculative crypto-currency don't count.

RICO, as in racketeering? Please.
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:17:35 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 04:01:01 AM by KarmaShark

i saw somewhere that josh has been convicted of fraud, how can anyone expect anything from him? he redlines my douche meter.  

If this is true then it helps explain a lot of what has happened to the poor BFL customers who have been bilked. This is one aspect of Bitcoin that is hurting adoption, many of the early participants do not possess previous business experience, and it greatly shows. In this case, some of you may have invested in a convicted criminal specializing in the art of Fraud.

I have no clue if this claim is true or not however the attitude and performance of the company is congruent with someone with that type of background and moral character. To any observer it is clear he does not care for others opinions on his behaviour and performs power trips, a dubious position BFL customers have given him by providing BFL with copious amounts of purchasing power. These loyal customers gave up their hard earned money in either fiat ($) or worse yet, ฿ when it was worth significantly less in fiat$ terms, in return they have been lied to, insulted and disrespected constantly for almost a full calendar year. Josh would not act in this fashion if he did not already have your money, for fear of driving you away and going out of business.

lerelerele

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:18:37 PM

CONGRATS!!!
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:21:04 PM

wow, this thread has all kinds of silliness in it! Thanks for raising the bar on high-larity!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 06:40:17 PM

wonder how much these will sell for on ebay.....

its at $20,000 right now.

And as for the whole BFL discussion, all I know - all I want to know - and all I need to know is that BFL is almost 3/4 of a year late on their delivery. I don't care why. I don't need excuses. Other people don't need excuses. Especially when those excuses are bemuddled in a "support forum" that is more disastrous and clumsy than any college startup I've ever seen. There are teams of 5 teenagers that can handle a business better than BFL. The blackout lengths of information for customers that have paid UPFRONT thousands of dollars are left wondering every day "where is the next update? What happened? Maybe tomorrow? Or next week? or the next week?"

BFL has stated going on 5~ times now Singles will be shipping very soon or within the next week. I'm watching the blog posts by BFL_Jody, I see "No singles shipped today, no singles shipped today, no singles shipped today, oh wait... 1 Single shipped today and 2 minirigs. AND EVERY JALEPENO UP TO SEPTEMBER 2nd ORDERS!"
Utter disaster. We got scammed. And the minirig people got completely shafted. They took the most risk, and BFL got the most money from them, and they did nothing~~~~ to support them. I'm happy the number of minirigs going out is increasing even more so than singles, even at my own despair.

The top bidder only has 3 feedback. Unless you run a thorough background check on him, I wouldn't sell to him. The next bidder is at 133 feedback. But with all those hacked eBay accounts I'd be scared.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:40:38 PM

Contract law is all about making the damaged party "whole", ie. recovering their losses. If the purchase price is refunded there are no damages. Potential lost profits on a speculative crypto-currency don't count.

I doubt the parties here will end up in court, but I'm curious as to the basis for this assertion.

In a breach, a party's damages can certainly exceed a contract's consideration, and outside of the contact itself, I can think of nothing that would bar a claim for lost profits, no matter how speculative. Is there some case law that leads you to conclude otherwise?

ct1aic

Activity: 714

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 06:53:18 PM

Nemesis is correct. There are a number of orders that are before the first Bitpay order, dating back well before #1600.  Garr, you can officially piss off at this point and take your accusations and stick them straight up your ass.  I tried to be nice and I wanted to help you and you give me all sorts of shit and accusations.  This is why we no longer give a shit about this forum;  Everyone here is monumental assholes, no matter how accommodating one tries to be.  Garr, you'll get your order when it comes up in the queue, I'm done looking into your problems or trying to help you.  

As one of the guys who initially posted in this thread, I'm also included as a "monumental asshole". What did I do wrong to be offended by you, Inaba?

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
mojod

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:58:08 PM

... they wouldn’t have such a backlash ...

... you really don't know the half of it Sad

Things have recently taken a turn for the surreal and unbelievable. I'm not used to picking my own jaw up off the floor. Say what you will about Josh, but the fact that he is now directly responsible for the legal welfare of... someone... is a level of "messed up" I never had a desire to approach.

And this is saying nothing to their ignoring the first salvo of legal demands on our part.

Looks like I'm going to have a road-trip to the Kansas federal courts in the near future  Embarrassed

*yawns* Your legal threats are as empty as Josh's "we will deliver in two weeks" statements.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: