Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:16:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recieved 50GH BFL Single Today!  (Read 51058 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:22:31 PM

Du hast die Punkte über dem ü vergessen in "für".  Angry
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:42:03 PM

Du hast die Punkte über dem ü vergessen in "für".  Angry
Donnerwetter!

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:00:16 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 06:24:11 PM by Xian01

I understand if you didn't have time to talk to your lawyer yet
I understood that BFL lawyer is too busy talking with other customer lawyers.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but it appears (so far) that "BFL lawyer" is too busy ignoring customer lawyers and demand letters, and looking to create more problems for themselves Sad

To my understanding, the system frowns upon ignoring efforts to reconcile a dispute, prior to attending court.

EDIT: Official response received through my attorney this aft. Ceasing discussing anything related to Butterfly Labs or Josh while the next stage of this dispute is being worked through. Thanks for the support everyone.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:21:40 PM

I am laughing hysterically... This obscene adult is being shown up by a seventeen year old who runs his business flawlessly!!!
Was jetzt Werner, du bist so still, schön ein Wiedergutmachungsschnitzel für 2 bestellt?

I don't understand German Sad where's Werner when you need him?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 03:24:50 PM

I am laughing hysterically... This obscene adult is being shown up by a seventeen year old who runs his business flawlessly!!!
Was jetzt Werner, du bist so still, schön ein Wiedergutmachungsschnitzel für 2 bestellt?

I don't understand German Sad where's Werner when you need him?

Probably in the washing machine.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:33:32 PM

You will receive refunds equaling in value to your original purchase as it was priced. Markets have no mercy. You are being punished for shorting Bitcoin. You cannot argue against the red truth.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:46:52 PM

Markets have no mercy. You are being punished for shorting Bitcoin.
I have been punished for BFL gambling addiction. BFL customers have no control over how much will BFL decide to convert in USD and how much will they keep in Bitcoin. This % can vary and depends solely on how the merchant sets up their merchant account with BitPay. Professional traders know what is the meaning of a currency option call. This option call is free for BFL. If BTC/USD gamble is successful the profit is for BFL crooks if it is a loss then it is paid by their customers in the form of partial Bitcoin refunds.
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:01:01 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 06:26:15 PM by ThatDGuy

I have been punished for BFL gambling addiction. BFL customers have no control over how much will BFL decide to convert in USD and how much will they keep in Bitcoin. This % can vary and depends solely on how the merchant sets up their merchant account with BitPay. Professional traders know what is the meaning of a currency option call. This option call is free for BFL. If BTC/USD gamble is successful the profit is for BFL crooks if it is a loss then it is paid by their customers in the form of partial Bitcoin refunds.

Oh, this again.

No business selling pre-orders for ASICs is going to give you back more than the value of the item you paid for (at the time it was ordered) when you request a refund.  That's a completely absurd expectation.

refunded the value of the item at the time it was ordered

If someone paid 300 BTC for 1 Jalapeno last June, how would it make any sense to give them back 300 BTC for their refund now, enabling them to buy ~150 Jalapenos right now?

EDIT: added parenthetical per k9quaint's correction

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:01:30 PM

Du hast die Punkte über dem ü vergessen in "für".  Angry
Donnerwetter!

I guess you guys don't call people grammar nazi's there, do you? Tongue
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:18:00 PM

Oh, this again.

No business selling pre-orders for ASICs is going to give you back more than the value of the item you paid for when you request a refund.  That's a completely absurd expectation.

If someone paid 300 BTC for 1 Jalapeno last June, how would it make any sense to give them back 300 BTC for their refund now, enabling them to buy ~150 Jalapenos right now?

According to you, one need refund "the value of the item you paid for when you request a refund", but BFL did not do this. They refunded the value of the item at the time it was ordered.  Especially sinister since BFL had to put twice as many chips into the Jalapeno as planned. These chips could have sold for $75 apiece.

But yes, people should have held their BTC instead of investing it in BFLs attempt to make bitcoin mining gear. People could have had dozens of Jalapenos (assuming BFL makes it through their backlog) instead of one.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:21:49 PM

Oh, this again.

No business selling pre-orders for ASICs is going to give you back more than the value of the item you paid for when you request a refund.  That's a completely absurd expectation.

According to you, one need refund "the value of the item you paid for when you request a refund", but BFL did not do this. They refunded the value of the item at the time it was ordered.  Especially sinister since BFL had to put twice as many chips into the Jalapeno as planned. These chips could have sold for $75 apiece.

But yes, people should have held their BTC instead of investing it in BFLs attempt to make bitcoin mining gear. People could have had dozens of Jalapenos (assuming BFL makes it through their backlog) instead of one.

Good correction, thanks.
sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:27:23 PM

I have no interest in this other than as an observer, but I can't see anyway that a refund could possibly be made in any currency other than the one it was made in. If payment was made in US Dollars through PayPal then refund then US Dollars. If payment was made in btc you should be returning bitcoins. It's not the purchasers fault that you decided to denominate your product in BTC and something happened to the exchange rate.

That is your issue to plan as a business owner. If I bought a product from Japan with US dollars and all of a sudden the dollar got a lot stronger you better believe I wouldn't accept the equivalent amount of yen my dollars purchased at the time I bought the product. That's absurd!

Either deliver the product as promised or return the BTC. It seems like the problem is BFL can't do either of these options.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
batt01

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:28:48 PM

Just noticed that the auction is no longer on ebay. I wonder if the OP got his 25k or decided to mine with it.

ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:30:53 PM

I have no interest in this other than as an observer, but I can't see anyway that a refund could possibly be made in any currency other than the one it was made in. If payment was made in US Dollars through PayPal then refund then US Dollars. If payment was made in btc you should be returning bitcoins. It's not the purchasers fault that you decided to denominate your product in BTC and something happened to the exchange rate.

That is your issue to plan as a business owner. If I bought a product from Japan with US dollars and all of a sudden the dollar got a lot stronger you better believe I wouldn't accept the equivalent amount of yen my dollars purchased at the time I bought the product. That's absurd!

Either deliver the product as promised or return the BTC. It seems like the problem is BFL can't do either of these options.

It is about fault for the purchaser: it's about not understanding opportunity costs and realistically understanding the risks involved with a highly volatile currency like BTC.

As an observer, I would ask you why the following situation would seem logical?

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:35:58 PM

Oh, this again.

Good correction, thanks.

I forgot about your severe challenges with logic. Let me illustrate how absurd your position is.

I give you $2000 of gold that you need to hold as a reserve, and in return you promise pay me the market value of the gold + $20 interest in 6 months time. 6 months passes. You do not pay. Another 6 months passes, the spot value of gold has now increased 50 fold over when the contract was first entered. You decide that instead of paying me the market value (and $20) that you promised, you will "refund" the $2000 instead of the gold. Now you sell the gold at market for a 50x profit.

Then you get sued for breach of contract and lose. Then you sue your lawyer for advising you to go to court instead of settle. Then you get herpes. (its my fact pattern I can stipulate what I want Tongue).

sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:37:19 PM

I don't get why it's so hard to deliver one Jalepeno that has been on order for several months haha. This wouldn't be a big deal if BFL could deliver their promises.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:40:20 PM

Oh, this again.

Good correction, thanks.

I forgot about your severe challenges with logic. Let me illustrate how absurd your position is.

I give you $2000 of gold that you need to hold as a reserve, and in return you promise pay me the market value of the gold + $20 interest in 6 months time. 6 months passes. You do not pay. Another 6 months passes, the spot value of gold has now increased 50 fold over when the contract was first entered. You decide that instead of paying me the market value (and $20) that you promised, you will "refund" the $2000 instead of the gold. Now you sell the gold at market for a 50x profit.

Then you get sued for breach of contract and lose. Then you sue your lawyer for advising you to go to court instead of settle. Then you get herpes. (its my fact pattern I can stipulate what I want Tongue).

Why are you creating a whole new example?

No ASIC company is going to refund 300 BTC right now if you paid 300 BTC a year ago for a pre-order.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:43:06 PM

Just noticed that the auction is no longer on ebay. I wonder if the OP got his 25k or decided to mine with it.

Yeah, I just noticed that too but the item isn't available to view like with closed auctions. It's completely removed without a trace. That usually happens when someone complains to eBay about the listing or eBay decides to remove it on their own. I saw that a few times with big actual fireworks listed on eBay.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:51:43 PM

Why are you creating a whole new example?

No ASIC company is going to refund 300 BTC right now if you paid 300 BTC a year ago for a pre-order.

That statement might be correct and does not conflict with any examples I have provided.
BFL will not willingly "refund" 300 BTC. They would have to be compelled to do so.

allten (OP)

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 06:52:36 PM

Yeah, I just noticed that too but the item isn't available to view like with closed auctions. It's completely removed without a trace. That usually happens when someone complains to eBay about the listing or eBay decides to remove it on their own. I saw that a few times with big actual fireworks listed on eBay.

Ebay canceled the listing not me. They want me to "verify" my account with ID because the price is much higher than anything I've ever sold to protect the buyers which is something they are good at. They also want me to prove I own the device by having the manufacture send them a receipt. They also asked why shipping would be delayed if 25K wasn't met. They couldn't understand that. This is a good thing. It gives me a chance to make a listing that doesn't rub anyone the wrong way and using Bitmit which is what I should have used in the first place.

Now, do I trust that much money sitting in escrow on Bitmit?

Mentioned in one of the answers to the questions posed on ebay, I plan to use these funds to fuel development of a 3rd party BFL chip miner.

Thanks,
      Allten

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: