Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:49:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recieved 50GH BFL Single Today!  (Read 51058 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:20:07 PM

Don't you think it's at least a little odd that both BitInstant and Gox stopped dollar exchange at the same time. I wonder if anyone has checked BitPay to see what they are doing for their customers today?

Yes I think it is odd.
However, I do not automatically assume that Gox = bad because the Department of Homeland Security doesn't like them.
Could Gox be shady? It is possible.
But they are a japanese company that so far complies with all japanese regulations and laws.
Time will tell, unless the US indictments are sealed and the proceedings take place in a secret FISA court.  Cheesy

Well this answers my question about what BitPay is doing: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240706.0

That sounds sensible. One flash crash from Gox would torque their exchange rates.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:49:40 PM

That sounds sensible. One flash crash from Gox would torque their exchange rates.

As I posted in the linked thread, I'm not using MtGox for my exchange rates anymore. I mostly deal with USD and bitcoin, so the fact that people currently can't withdraw USD from MtGox kind of skews their market in my eyes.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:09:48 PM

As I posted in the linked thread, I'm not using MtGox for my exchange rates anymore. I mostly deal with USD and bitcoin, so the fact that people currently can't withdraw USD from MtGox kind of skews their market in my eyes.

That's true. The entire Bitcoin community is kind of taking a good American fiber filled shit right now. I'll be glad when the turd finally passes the sphincter and we can get on with business. I think a lot of businesses are going to scrape out of the colon all at once which will be good for Bitcoin.

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:29:13 PM

That's true. The entire Bitcoin community is kind of taking a good American fiber filled shit right now. I'll be glad when the turd finally passes the sphincter and we can get on with business. I think a lot of businesses are going to scrape out of the colon all at once which will be good for Bitcoin.

temporary anomymous

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:56:18 AM

Hello everyone,i've been following this thread closely,and decided to register and speak my mind without holding anything back.

I don't have much of a reputation here as of yet but much of the truth i'm about to tell doesn't need to be validated by BFL's incompetence dishonesty,and ignorance.

I currently have a BFL Single on preorder since earlier this year.I'm 34years old and have seen a lot of scams  since 2001 on the

internet, and personally knew people that ran scams on the internet,but i've never seen it on a level of great magnitude and multitude

as BFL has been pulling off for close to a year now.BFL reminds me of Paypal during the "Paypal Wars" between 2001-2004.

BFL is no different with being unethical and telling lies and bullshitting it customers,because of the lack of real competition.

BFL is a legit on paper,but the staff has a gangster mentality,and you all have seen it first hand here,why i say the entire staff,because birds of a feather flock together.

This assclown we know as Josh,i'm totally convinced that he is a sociopath or border line to being one.

BFL lied about the 60GH/s Single's not being ready to ship,when in fact they were ready since late April.

A person by the name of Frederik Dansk who appears to be from France, http://paris.en.craigslist.fr/ele/3829355665.html

received multiple Singles.The date of the listing is 5-26-13.Which means it roughly took 2 weeks for it to ship from here in the U.S. to

France (give or take a week to pass customs).BFL is looking out for BFL and it's buddies.Who we see get the first Jalapenos,Single

before paying customers,and driving up the difficulty and converting BTC for USD at a alarming rate,to where now those of us here in the

US waiting on our pre-orders won't even have the option to convert BTC for USD without submitting some paperwork.

I am sure that those who work or tied in with BFL,are profiting on our pre-orders,to the point of when difficulty reach 40 million +

they may then clear the back orders before the backordered ASICs are worthless with little or no resell value.A few Jalapenos here and a few Single/mini rigs there,is just a dog and pony show,to appease Paypal that they actually shipped some orders,(pre-order's paid through Paypal.)

They longer they sit and mine pre-order's,as difficulty goes up,it increases the chance of miners having to purchase more ASIC mining

hardware wheather it be from BFL or a competitor that actually  has product in hand,and shipping within 7 business days,which currently

isn't none that rivals BFL amount of GH/s and low wattage.BFL is the new Paypal in the bitcoin community.

And with saying that i have to say fuck Josh,Fuck Jody,with the bullshit and lies.I've read many talking about litigation,

back and forth,suing BFL would be a waste of time.These gangsters have pockets deep enough to have suits thrown out of court,

and enough ASIC's to "gift" lawyers/judges to turn a blind eye.If criminals in Orleans Parish prison can get  their hands on guns,drugs
 alcohol, or a inmate in a Baltimore prison inpregnate 4 different female guards,they should speak volumes itself about the system we have here in the US.

Many of us made Paypal,what it is today about a decade ago and adopted Bitcoin to get away from the goddamn tyranny of Paypal,and now 

BFL is pulling the same shit with ASICS.And people wonder why we American's are stereo typed as being greedy.

BFL has made their money 10x over through mining with the ASICs they are sitting on,refunding pre-orders in USD instead of BTC current market rate and of course paid Pre-order's.

And to assclown's Josh/Jody wanna speak further on this,they may do so through their actions by start shipping pre-orders in mass to paying customers.

One thing these assclowns forgot,is that the customer is always right especially when the SELLER HAS LIED AND FAILED TO DELIVER ON PROMISED PRODUCT.

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:32:42 AM

wall of double spaced text.....

So who's new alt account is this? The post reads like a 17 year old.

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:41:40 AM

This assclown we know as Josh,i'm totally convinced that he is a sociopath or border line to being one.
Yep, BFL is a lethal danger to Bitcoin. They have too much power now and are totally corrupt liars. Those crooks must be stopped before ruining Bitcoin. It is not a coincidence that Litecoin is attracting more and more attention everyday.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:54:06 AM

Yep, BFL is a lethal danger to Bitcoin. They have too much power now and are totally corrupt liars. Those crooks must be stopped before ruining Bitcoin. It is not a coincidence that Litecoin is attracting more and more attention everyday.

OK, seriously, how is BFL a "lethal danger" to Bitcoin? Assoles, sure, but a "lethal danger", no way. The output of Avalon (particularly the chip buys) and ASICMiner is going to quickly outstrip BFL's output, so even if they stopped shipping their units and attempted to 51% attack, that wouldn't go anywhere.

one4many

Activity: 516

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:39:03 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 09:25:27 AM by one4many

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Stop crying ... the world is just unfair (to you especially) ... and guess what: over 99.9999 % of our nice population on this planet would say to you:
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:22:48 AM

The craigslist ad of Frederik Dansk is a SCAM

Just check the ridiculous pictures.

Probably anonymous temporary is the scammer itself.

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:08:40 AM

OK, seriously, how is BFL a "lethal danger" to Bitcoin? Assoles, sure, but a "lethal danger", no way. The output of Avalon (particularly the chip buys) and ASICMiner is going to quickly outstrip BFL's output, so even if they stopped shipping their units and attempted to 51% attack, that wouldn't go anywhere.
The voracious greed of those criminals is beyond any control. They'll mine with their customers' ASICs until difficulty is so high that 99% of their customers will never see a positive ROI on their Bitcoin investment. This will inevitably drive mining towards even bigger centralization. Ever increasing mining centralization is very bad. If you have centralized mining you have centralized Bitcoin. Nobody will care for centralized Bitcoin. Price will drop to zero. Simple as that.
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 01:17:18 PM

Hello everyone,i've been following this thread closely,and decided to register and speak my mind without holding anything back. [...]

And with saying that i have to say fuck Josh,Fuck Jody,with the bullshit and lies.  [...]
One thing these assclowns forgot,is that the customer is always right especially when the SELLER HAS LIED AND FAILED TO DELIVER ON PROMISED PRODUCT.

Woah Nellie... I hope you don't get your orders cancelled on  you after that rant. I'm left wondering who the assclown is though - probably the one who is butthurt.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:07:10 PM

Hello everyone,i've been following this thread closely,and decided to register and speak my mind without holding anything back.

I don't have much of a reputation here as of yet but much of the truth i'm about to tell doesn't need to be validated by BFL's incompetence dishonesty,and ignorance.

I currently have a BFL Single on preorder since earlier this year.I'm 34years old and have seen a lot of scams  since 2001 on the

internet, and personally knew people that ran scams on the internet,but i've never seen it on a level of great magnitude and multitude

as BFL has been pulling off for close to a year now.BFL reminds me of Paypal during the "Paypal Wars" between 2001-2004.

BFL is no different with being unethical and telling lies and bullshitting it customers,because of the lack of real competition.

BFL is a legit on paper,but the staff has a gangster mentality,and you all have seen it first hand here,why i say the entire staff,because birds of a feather flock together.

BFL lied about the 60GH/s Single's not being ready to ship,when in fact they were ready since late April.

A person by the name of Frederik Dansk who appears to be from France, http://paris.en.craigslist.fr/ele/3829355665.html

received multiple Singles.The date of the listing is 5-26-13.Which means it roughly took 2 weeks for it to ship from here in the U.S. to

France (give or take a week to pass customs).BFL is looking out for BFL and it's buddies.Who we see get the first Jalapenos,Single

before paying customers,and driving up the difficulty and converting BTC for USD at a alarming rate,to where now those of us here in the

US waiting on our pre-orders won't even have the option to convert BTC for USD without submitting some paperwork.

I am sure that those who work or tied in with BFL,are profiting on our pre-orders,to the point of when difficulty reach 40 million +

they may then clear the back orders before the backordered ASICs are worthless with little or no resell value.A few Jalapenos here and a few Single/mini rigs there,is just a dog and pony show,to appease Paypal that they actually shipped some orders,(pre-order's paid through Paypal.)

They longer they sit and mine pre-order's,as difficulty goes up,it increases the chance of miners having to purchase more ASIC mining

hardware wheather it be from BFL or a competitor that actually  has product in hand,and shipping within 7 business days,which currently

isn't none that rivals BFL amount of GH/s and low wattage.BFL is the new Paypal in the bitcoin community.

And with saying that i have to say fuck Josh,Fuck Jody,with the bullshit and lies.I've read many talking about litigation,

back and forth,suing BFL would be a waste of time.These gangsters have pockets deep enough to have suits thrown out of court,

and enough ASIC's to "gift" lawyers/judges to turn a blind eye.If criminals in Orleans Parish prison can get  their hands on guns,drugs
 alcohol, or a inmate in a Baltimore prison inpregnate 4 different female guards,they should speak volumes itself about the system we have here in the US.

Many of us made Paypal,what it is today about a decade ago and adopted Bitcoin to get away from the goddamn tyranny of Paypal,and now  

BFL is pulling the same shit with ASICS.And people wonder why we American's are stereo typed as being greedy.

BFL has made their money 10x over through mining with the ASICs they are sitting on,refunding pre-orders in USD instead of BTC current market rate and of course paid Pre-order's.

And to assclown's Josh/Jody wanna speak further on this,they may do so through their actions by start shipping pre-orders in mass to paying customers.

Anyone placing a pre-order for a mining device is gambling.  Those that bet on Avalon early on won big. Those that bet on BFL too late will lose. With others like Metabank and KNCminer it remains to be seen.

The fact that the rising or falling value of bitcoin magnifies or diminishes the importance of the bet to you does not change your chances of winning or losing the bet.

ps-when you ordered from BFL "earlier this year" you knew they had already missed all their original shipping target dates.

Caveat Aleo
(Gambler Beware)

Red_Wolf_2

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:52:12 PM

The voracious greed of those criminals is beyond any control. They'll mine with their customers' ASICs until difficulty is so high that 99% of their customers will never see a positive ROI on their Bitcoin investment. This will inevitably drive mining towards even bigger centralization. Ever increasing mining centralization is very bad. If you have centralized mining you have centralized Bitcoin. Nobody will care for centralized Bitcoin. Price will drop to zero. Simple as that.

Just out of interest, got anything to say on the allegations of Avalon using customer gear to mine? I remember seeing that hashing power on Eligius, it was there for weeks...

Probably should put something here.... Maybe an LTC address?
LeNdJidEvsyogSu2KbC1u3bfJSdcjACFsF
Red_Wolf_2

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:04:08 PM

I currently have a BFL Single on preorder since earlier this year.I'm 34years old and have seen a lot of scams  since 2001 on the

<SNIP>

Time to break out the tinfoil? After going to the effort of reading all of those horribly spaced lines (I take it this was copied and pasted from somewhere to mess up the formatting like that) I see more conspiracy theorist than credibility. Pity really. BFL does have competition, and every day they aren't delivering is the chance a new rival can rise to fill the vacuum they are leaving. It doesn't take a genius to see that.

I too have seen and known scammers on the net, including some who ran ebay scams and got busted back in the late 90s. The easiest scam is to promise the world and deliver nothing. The next higher risk scam is to promise the world, but deliver it to only a select few. Honestly its easier just to buy the people (select few) and have them be your prophets. Know what would be an unbelievably hard scam? Promising a product, then actually delivering it. That would be particularly difficult, because then you would have all these people claiming you weren't even scamming!

As I've said before, and will say again, BFL is not operating in a scammy fashion. It would be far too unprofitable a scam to run things the way they have. They are however operating in a fashion that shows poor project and PR management. Heck, Avalon put precious little out in public information releases, including actual delivery dates, yet there are plenty of people who praise them yet rubbish BFL, which puts out plenty of information. The key difference is the information being put out is not what you want to see. You get angry because the news is bad, and blame like no tomorrow about it.

Personally, I'm one for more rather than less information, irrespective of whether it is positive or negative. For me, its nice to know what is going on, even if it isn't what I want to hear or see. Certainly it is far better than throwing BTC to the wind to order a product from china, receive zero information and when the thing finally shows up, find it has already been used for weeks to profit somebody else.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:57:53 PM

As I've said before, and will say again, BFL is not operating in a scammy fashion. It would be far too unprofitable a scam to run things the way they have. They are however operating in a fashion that shows poor project and PR management. Heck, Avalon put precious little out in public information releases, including actual delivery dates, yet there are plenty of people who praise them yet rubbish BFL, which puts out plenty of information. The key difference is the information being put out is not what you want to see. You get angry because the news is bad, and blame like no tomorrow about it.

The information I want to see:
Who works at BFL? Most startups & companies tell you who is running it so you can check for yourself if they have the skill to succeed. With BFL we just get first names.
Who are BFL's investors? BFL claimed they have a Venture Capital firm backing them, but won't say from which VC firm. Highly unusual.
Who are BFL's suppliers? Companies usually (in tech especially) make their large suppliers & partnerships known.  BFL has not said who did the chip design for them or who is making their chips for them.
BFL does not discuss that sort of thing.

If you have the answers to these questions, by all means share them or point them out if they have already been shared.
Until BFL starts acting like a real company, one always has to worry "Will they be there tomorrow?"

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:02:52 PM

did just one guy receive it and that's it or should we expect more, maybe 10-20 people will get them in few months?
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:10:45 PM

Who are BFL's investors? BFL claimed they have a Venture Capital firm backing them, but won't say from which VC firm.
What they said is "It's a secret". It is a "secret" because there is none. BFL customers are investors without the rights investors have.
Red_Wolf_2

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:42:36 PM

Who are BFL's investors? BFL claimed they have a Venture Capital firm backing them, but won't say from which VC firm.
What they said is "It's a secret". It is a "secret" because there is none. BFL customers are investors without the rights investors have.

Being a private company (as opposed to a publicly listed one), what requirement is there that they say who their backers are? You say there aren't any backers, but provide zero proof of that too. Saying what you wish to be the case to justify your feelings towards them?

temporary anomymous

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:47:28 PM

BFL has taken in more money than Avalon and ASICMiner combined together.

We all know when you have more money in a particular market,you have more control

and influence.I remember back in the 90's Microsoft won the battle with Netscape by giving kickbacks

to vendors who adopted Internet Explorer.

Point being, BFL currently rules with an iron fist in the BTC mining industry.

ASICMiner currently has a low GH/s per dollar ratio,compared to BFL's ASIC's

Avalon's ASIC's has a high power consumption,and low per GH/s per dollar compared some BFL's ASIC's.

This is one reason why BFL focused on low power consumption,and high GH/s,because it appears

to be something not quite easy for ASIC vendors to currently do.That gives BFL an edge over all the current competition.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: