Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:22:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Activity & new membergroup limits  (Read 242387 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:01:06 AM

so a 700 + activity means what?  Huh
Free burrito.

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 05:02:21 AM

so a 700 + activity means what?  Huh

Basically it means a fairly active member since mid 2011.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:31:08 PM

Demoted.. this shit sucks I have been involved with btc for a year now. I have done hundreds for transactions for paypal to newbies with no feedback history... I am actively working and growing the market everyday. I have personally signed up at least a 100 new users and I get demoted from a hero member to a full member!

This system is so shitty Mathew wright is a hero and I am not, fing tradefortress is a hero.. 
Deathwing
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1328

Stultorum infinitus est numerus

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 03:31:46 PM

This is a pretty cool update, I like it.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:34:02 PM

Demoted.. this shit sucks I have been involved with btc for a year now. I have done hundreds for transactions for paypal to newbies with no feedback history... I am actively working and growing the market everyday. I have personally signed up at least a 100 new users and I get demoted from a hero member to a full member!

This system is so shitty Mathew wright is a hero and I am not, fing tradefortress is a hero.. 
For a year?
Registered on 01/29/2013

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:34:18 PM

That seems somewhat time-consuming. Someone else could write that patch. Activity is stored in an activity column in members. Keep in mind that the forum runs SMF 1.1.18.

Ok clear, I didn't know it would be time-consuming. It is not important Smiley

Demoted.. this shit sucks I have been involved with btc for a year now. I have done hundreds for transactions ....

You should see your ignore button. Maybe we should include that as well in the user class decision?
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:47:43 PM

For a year?
Registered on 01/29/2013

It was a very short year.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:07:57 PM

For a year?
Registered on 01/29/2013

It was a very short year.

Ya because my life begins on the day that I registered to this site 
bitcoinplay

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Play!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:09:04 PM

Oh? then I have been involved with bitcoin for 32 years

Bitcoin Play, the source of everything bitcoin! Donate: 1KPyjjUWge1vDou2bQXJkZfA2dV5NKTWmv
Faucet Donation: 1BhrsvzcbjP6cPUrQDBjYbTztnHHFDLE9W
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:10:33 PM

That seems somewhat time-consuming. Someone else could write that patch. Activity is stored in an activity column in members. Keep in mind that the forum runs SMF 1.1.18.

Ok clear, I didn't know it would be time-consuming. It is not important Smiley

Demoted.. this shit sucks I have been involved with btc for a year now. I have done hundreds for transactions ....

You should see your ignore button. Maybe we should include that as well in the user class decision?

I see my ignore button... you should see the number next to it.  41 plus ignores and counting!

If you are not getting ignores you are associating with scammers. I tell sketch people to f!@3 right off. If you fall into that category you can go ahead and hit the button too. 
bitcoinplay

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Play!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:11:06 PM

People with a lot of ignores should be banned. They add nothing!

Bitcoin Play, the source of everything bitcoin! Donate: 1KPyjjUWge1vDou2bQXJkZfA2dV5NKTWmv
Faucet Donation: 1BhrsvzcbjP6cPUrQDBjYbTztnHHFDLE9W
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:14:59 PM

Oh? then I have been involved with bitcoin for 32 years

You are a special kinda stupid arent you?  please hit ignore. I dont like dumb asses responding to my post
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:49:45 PM

I see my ignore button... you should see the number next to it.  41 plus ignores and counting!

If you are not getting ignores you are associating with scammers. I tell sketch people to f!@3 right off. If you fall into that category you can go ahead and hit the button too. 

I rarely ignore people, I have two people on it and I haven't seen you do anything that warrants adding you to that list.

That being said, having a yellow ignore button is usually a bad thing. And I must say that while, I don't always phrase myself very delicately and have an opinion which is not mainstream most of time, I still have a clear ignore button (PS: How do you see how many people ignored you? I can just see the colour by logging out). Being ignored usually comes from being completely clueless in an annoying way or having a total lack of respect for others. At least that's how I use it.

Anyway, good luck Wink
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:59:29 PM

I see my ignore button... you should see the number next to it.  41 plus ignores and counting!

I rarely ignore people, I have two people on it and I haven't seen you do anything that warrants adding you to that list.

That being said, having a yellow ignore button is usually a bad thing. And I must say that while, I don't always phrase myself very delicately and have an opinion which is not mainstream most of time, I still have a clear ignore button (PS: How do you see how many people ignored you? I can just see the colour by logging out). Being ignored usually comes from being completely clueless in an annoying way or having a total lack of respect for others. At least that's how I use it.

Anyway, good luck Wink

If you have a color on your ignore then it tells you how many established members ignore you. Most people use the ignore button as a political movement, cause I said something about the foundation which happened to be true, and I woke up to a lot of ignores. I then said something about how micro-transactions aren't spam, and I woke up to more ignores. So the ignore button is very much a political button than anything else. In sublime case he is just insane, I even have him ignored with one other person.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:02:24 PM

I see my ignore button... you should see the number next to it.  41 plus ignores and counting!

Anyway, good luck Wink

If you have a color on your ignore then it tells you how many established members ignore you. Most people use the ignore button as a political movement, cause I said something about the foundation which happened to be true, and I woke up to a lot of ignores. I then said something about how micro-transactions aren't spam, and I woke up to more ignores. So the ignore button is very much a political button than anything else. In sublime case he is just insane, I even have him ignored with one other person.

I usually speak my mind about these things as well and I have no ignores. Talking about it like this may end it Tongue but I'm afraid is is very much to do with how you say things. Even if you don't phrase things delicately (like I do sometimes) you can still be very respectful. This is only speculation however and I can be completely wrong.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:08:46 PM

Anyway, good luck Wink

I usually speak my mind about these things as well and I have no ignores. Talking about it like this may end it Tongue but I'm afraid is is very much to do with how you say things. Even if you don't phrase things delicately (like I do sometimes) you can still be very respectful. This is only speculation however and I can be completely wrong.

No it is a political thing, 100% sure I know who was behind it, but I am not going to whine about my ignores. Cause in fact I use them as a badge to show I was not afraid to talk about the horrible things the almighty foundation does, and how core dev team is not able to fix the blockchain so they change the protocol to make them look better. I want people to see, I was to be silenced and I still talk about those things.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:17:46 PM

No it is a political thing, 100% sure I know who was behind it, but I am not going to whine about my ignores. Cause in fact I use them as a badge to show I was not afraid to talk about the horrible things the almighty foundation does, and how core dev team is not able to fix the blockchain so they change the protocol to make them look better. I want people to see, I was to be silenced and I still talk about those things.

Maybe it is in your case. I am arguing that (i) in general ignores are bad (I use it as an indicator for people I don't know), (ii) having a clear ignore button doesn't mean your a sheep who walks on eggshells (yeah I'm vain and took offense a little  Cheesy)
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:29:19 PM

You're the first person here I've put on ignore.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:32:41 PM

You're the first person here I've put on ignore.

LOL - I like the members with highlighted ignore buttons. They add color to the forum. 

*pun intended*

maco

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:14:45 PM

Congrats on the new system implemention.

This is a really great feature to have for the users commitment and value to the forum. Keep up the good work.

The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Activity is updated every 30 minutes.

The new membergroup limits work like this:
GroupRequirement
Brand New0 posts
Newbie(none)
Jr. Member1 post written over 4 hours ago
Memberactivity: 15
Full Memberactivity: 60
Sr. Memberactivity: 200
Hero Memberactivity: 400

I'm not 100% sure that the membergroups work correctly. Tell me if you see any bugs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: