Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:33:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Activity & new membergroup limits  (Read 242375 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:16:39 PM

People with a lot of ignores should be banned. They add nothing!

You're the first person here I've put on ignore.

LOL - I like the members with highlighted ignore buttons. They add color to the forum.  

*pun intended*

Been wondering how do you add that to your ignore button  Wink
If your going to get ignored best do it in style XD

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:55:27 PM

I see my ignore button... you should see the number next to it.  41 plus ignores and counting!

If you are not getting ignores you are associating with scammers. I tell sketch people to f!@3 right off. If you fall into that category you can go ahead and hit the button too. 

I rarely ignore people, I have two people on it and I haven't seen you do anything that warrants adding you to that list.

That being said, having a yellow ignore button is usually a bad thing. And I must say that while, I don't always phrase myself very delicately and have an opinion which is not mainstream most of time, I still have a clear ignore button (PS: How do you see how many people ignored you? I can just see the colour by logging out). Being ignored usually comes from being completely clueless in an annoying way or having a total lack of respect for others. At least that's how I use it.

Anyway, good luck Wink

Love or hate me you never have to guess how I really feel about you or a situation, I have a short tolerance for bullshit..
freedomno1
Legendary

Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:19:27 PM

I see my ignore button... you should see the number next to it.  41 plus ignores and counting!

If you are not getting ignores you are associating with scammers. I tell sketch people to f!@3 right off. If you fall into that category you can go ahead and hit the button too. 

I rarely ignore people, I have two people on it and I haven't seen you do anything that warrants adding you to that list.

That being said, having a yellow ignore button is usually a bad thing. And I must say that while, I don't always phrase myself very delicately and have an opinion which is not mainstream most of time, I still have a clear ignore button (PS: How do you see how many people ignored you? I can just see the colour by logging out). Being ignored usually comes from being completely clueless in an annoying way or having a total lack of respect for others. At least that's how I use it.

Anyway, good luck Wink

Love or hate me you never have to guess how I really feel about you or a situation, I have a short tolerance for bullshit..

Thanks for explaining that and that was not worthy of an ignore  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:16:51 AM

Maybe I'll add a new group between Jr. Member and Full member. What should it be called?

MINI MEMBER!

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:33:09 AM

Maybe I'll add a new group between Jr. Member and Full member. What should it be called?

MINI MEMBER!

Signature space available for rent.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:16:09 PM

never too late to change  Wink

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
bitcoinplay

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Play!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:25:02 PM

MAXI MEMBER!

Bitcoin Play, the source of everything bitcoin! Donate: 1KPyjjUWge1vDou2bQXJkZfA2dV5NKTWmv
Faucet Donation: 1BhrsvzcbjP6cPUrQDBjYbTztnHHFDLE9W
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:21:46 PM

Demoted.. this shit sucks I have been involved with btc for a year now. I have done hundreds for transactions for paypal to newbies with no feedback history... I am actively working and growing the market everyday. I have personally signed up at least a 100 new users and I get demoted from a hero member to a full member!

This system is so shitty Mathew wright is a hero and I am not, fing tradefortress is a hero.. 
For a year?
Registered on 01/29/2013

It was a very short year.

Ya because my life begins on the day that I registered to this site 
You're complaining about your status on this forum... So yeah, your bitcointalk life begins when you registered to this site... Roll Eyes
Do you want the forum to know since when you're involved in bitcoin before you registered?
Grow a brain

By the way why do you even care what is your status?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:45:47 PM

Demoted.. this shit sucks I have been involved with btc for a year now. I have done hundreds for transactions for paypal to newbies with no feedback history... I am actively working and growing the market everyday. I have personally signed up at least a 100 new users and I get demoted from a hero member to a full member!

This system is so shitty Mathew wright is a hero and I am not, fing tradefortress is a hero.. 
For a year?
Registered on 01/29/2013

You're complaining about your status on this forum... So yeah, your bitcointalk life begins when you registered to this site... Roll Eyes
Do you want the forum to know since when you're involved in bitcoin before you registered?
Grow a brain

Grow a brain... I like that one. It has dick head written all over it... were you born an asshole or did you work up to it?

Do I even care about my status... ordinarily no and if I hadn't recieved hero status in the first place it wouldn't be a problem, but now I have told people that I am a hero member of the bitcointalk community.  If they are to look at my profile now they will see that I am not a hero member of the bitcoin talk community!! 

So the admins have made a fucking liar out of me. That is bullshit, I dont like it.  Shocked 

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 06:08:26 PM

For a year?
Registered on 01/29/2013

Grow a brain

Grow a brain... I like that one. It has dick head written all over it... were you born an asshole or did you work up to it?

Do I even care about my status... ordinarily no and if I hadn't recieved hero status in the first place it wouldn't be a problem, but now I have told people that I am a hero member of the bitcointalk community.  If they are to look at my profile now they will see that I am not a hero member of the bitcoin talk community!! 

So the admins have made a fucking liar out of me. That is bullshit, I dont like it.  Shocked 

You could only be considered a liar by people who don't understand the concept of linear time.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:22:18 PM

I told my girlfriend long ago that I was a hero member, she never saw it, and I told her last week that I'm no more one. Did she think I was a liar? No, I showed her the new 'activity' count and we laughed at all the mad people over here.
Also, why do they even care about your status?

Nah, it comes naturally when I see a kid whining about a forum status.
I mean come on, it's only a forum status, don't you have a life?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:31:48 PM

I told my girlfriend long ago that I was a hero member, she never saw it, and I told her last week that I'm no more one. Did she think I was a liar? No, I showed her the new 'activity' count and we laughed at all the mad people over here.
Also, why do they even care about your status?

Nah, it comes naturally when I see a kid whining about a forum status.
I mean come on, it's only a forum status, don't you have a life?

Ya I was born this way too.

QWEEDO = TROLL... you are such a dick dude.
wiser
Legendary

Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:00:12 PM

I guess it's only the "new heroes" who are feeling the "loss".

This new system strikes me as a complicated way to classify members. Why not simply display the post count/registration date/logged-in days? It's not ideal, but "activity" in its current form is in fact rather a measure of longevity or time spent on the forum than activity - like posting.

Also, even though it didn't seem to be used much, I think the "trust" button is useful. you can still see it in the profile but it's much more useful next to the activity/email/whatnot.

I was thinking the same thing when I came across this post.  Since so many people here are mathematically oriented and have their own ways of looking at various metrics to determine how they want to approach another forum member for a possible business deal or simply to determine how much stock should be put in what that member says, why not just display all the metrics by the user's name?  Better yet, why not give each user an option to select exactly which metrics they want to see by everyone else's name (if that's possible)? 

Then all the technical people can apply whatever formula they want taking whichever metrics they consider important into account.

For us nontechnical people, I think the ability to view other members' posts is helpful.  Also, it would be cool to have a feedback system like eBay where people can leave positive or negative comments about their experience with other users in one easy to find place that other users can peruse. 

In other words, forget rank, status, titles, or anything like that.  Just provide the ability to display all possible information pertaining to forum activity for each user in an easy to read, accessible place, and let us draw our own conclusions.

Personally, at this point I couldn't care less what my status here is.  I only post when I feel like I have something to say regardless of what incentives to post may or may not exist.  But if I ever do decide to do business here, then yes, I would like to make it easy for potential clients to get to know me better, and to consider whatever metrics they find important.

As long as the moderators do want to try to compile forum presence/activity into a formula, at the very least change up the formula from time to time just to mess with the scammers' and gamers' brains.  Make it clear that putting a lot of effort into trying to game the current system will not necessarily pay off in the near or distant future.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:25:12 PM

Thank you
So now you need to be active for:
 - more than a year to be hero
 - more than six months to be senior
 - more than one month to be full member

I really like that

So do you have to have total login time of more than 1 month to be full member or just have been registered for 1 month to be full member? I am stuck at 56 activity and have a total login time of 7 days, 7 hours and 33 minutes and registered on 10 May. Full member requires 60 activity.

I saw a recent post of John K. in which he said he had been logged in for 100+ hours. Shouldn't he have been logged in for more than 8760 hours (365x24) to become a hero member? Or are there different rules for oldtimers? Undecided
LazyOtto

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:46:37 PM

I guess it's only the "new heroes" who are feeling the "loss".
Yep. I am despondent.

Barely got the Hero badge pinned on and they came and ripped it off.
<imagery - "Branded" - ritual ripping off of buttons and breaking sword>

--

Actually, I like the new mechanic.

And I think the two week interval in the equation is just right.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:56:38 PM

Thank you

I really like that

So do you have to have total login time of more than 1 month to be full member or just have been registered for 1 month to be full member? I am stuck at 56 activity and have a total login time of 7 days, 7 hours and 33 minutes and registered on 10 May. Full member requires 60 activity.

I saw a recent post of John K. in which he said he had been logged in for 100+ hours. Shouldn't he have been logged in for more than 8760 hours (365x24) to become a hero member? Or are there different rules for oldtimers? Undecided

It just means you need to be registered for 70 days and have 70 posts.  So if you're at 56 days just wait 14 days and as long as you've got 70 posts you'll be at 70 days (activity).

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 03:26:36 AM

Thank you

I really like that

The new membergroup limits work like this:
GroupRequirement
Brand New0 posts
Newbie(none)
Jr. Member1 post written over 4 hours ago
Memberactivity: 15
Full Memberactivity: 60
Sr. Memberactivity: 200
Hero Memberactivity: 400

Becoming a Hero Member requires posting an average of one post a day for 28.57 two week periods.

Still around.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:58:36 AM

Thank you

I really like that

The new membergroup limits work like this:
GroupRequirement
Brand New0 posts
Newbie(none)
Jr. Member1 post written over 4 hours ago
Memberactivity: 15
Full Memberactivity: 60
Sr. Memberactivity: 200
Hero Memberactivity: 400

Becoming a Hero Member requires posting an average of one post a day for 28.57 two week periods.

Wrong, becoming a Hero Member requires going 28.57 two week periods without scamming someone or creating a business that accidentally loses thousands of Bitcoins.

theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:03:00 AM

I added an option in your profile settings to enable post counts.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
maco

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:05:49 AM

Woot! This is a good feature.

I added an option in your profile settings to enable post counts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: