Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:14:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243203 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
danilautaru

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:28:54 AM

How much is the reward for orphan letter bounty? sometimes is hard to get 10 upvote , 5 it would be better.

Letter writing bounty increased to 6476 BBP!

Current Approved Letter Writing Bounty:   6476.76

Kairos childrens fund: 50% integrated.  Now you can write to the first 5 children!

New pool.biblepay.org feature:  View your outbound letters by clicking : Orphans | My outbound letters.  This will also show you the "Paid" field.

Fixed issue:  Non compassion biographies were unviewable from letter writing portal.  FIXED.

How to Write Orphan Letters:
http://pool.biblepay.org/docs/WritingOrphanLetters.pdf

=

Go to Pool website: http://pool.biblepay.org/
1a. Register Account or Login

Go to "Orphans" tab >>> "Sponsored Orphan List"

Right click row of Orphan >>> "Write"

Write Letter, click "Save"!

=

Extended (Visual) Guide:
https://www.biblepay.org/freebbp/#_letterwriting

=

Letter Writing Tips
http://pool.biblepay.org/LetterWritingTips.htm

=

Review Letters, upvote or downvote:
"Orphans" >>> "Outgoing Letters"

NOTE: Letters need 10 upvotes to pass

The biography for orphans does not appear anymore.
afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:54:13 AM

Hi, I created a proposal to stabilize PurePool. I just followed @togoshigekata instructions a few posts above.
I don't know what are the next steps and I don't know how much BBP we should allocate to this. And I hope that Lichtsucher is willing to do it  Roll Eyes
So far I only created the entry in the BiblePay forum.

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=216.0

I don't know how the voting is done now.

What are the next steps?
noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:25:11 PM

I will bounce explorebiblepay in 2 hrs or so. Should get it back onto the right chain. Might be stuck in a bad peer loop or something.

OK, the indexing job was stuck (not dead, which is the normal issue...just unresponsive). Rebooted the indexer and things are moving again now. Should catch up pretty quickly.

On a side note, I apologize that this was apparently occurring for 2-3 days. Normally I try to check on the explorer a few times a day, but was away at a conference this weekend. I'm going to look into building a more proactive monitoring job that looks for some of the common problems the iquidus explorer has had, but it might take me a few weeks to get to it. Thanks for the patienc.e
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Everyone please take a few minutes to read and vote on the letters written to our sponsored orphan children.

Just login to https://pool.biblepay.org/ then click on the Orphans tab > Outgoing Letters.

To vote, right-click in the Upvote or Downvote column next to the letter you are voting on.

Thanks in advance!
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 01:58:39 PM

This has been a long time coming and looks great!

A few questions:
Is there a reason to incorporate in Texas versus Delaware (beyond the residency status of the lead dev)?

Will the DAO function where the President oversees but only votes in case of a tie, or will the President's role be a normal voting role (both methods are common in the real world)?
If the later, that is the President gets a normal vote, then would it behoove the system to have one more or one less board member to eliminate the possibility of ties?

Will the DAO require positive identities to be made public?

Can a "deadman's switch" be written to release the spork control during Phase 1 or will the emergency key be applicable there as well?

What will the term of the members be?  Can protections be written to only allow Sanctuaries of a certain age to be allowed to vote (to reduce the incentive to pop up a bunch at voting time and then drop them after)?  Or perhaps could voting more resilient in another way?

All in all, this is one of the last few pieces of the puzzle to push Biblepay to where it belongs!

These are great questions, thanks, and I'm sure the board will be looking to induct you during the next meeting with a vacancy!

On Texas, it was more about the due diligence already done on the legal requirements for minutes of the meetings and quorums and bylaws and conference call requirements, and location of a local bank account (since someone has to be physically present to open the account). 

Good point on the tie.  We can add a clause in the bylaws that the youngest boardmembers vote be removed in the case of a tie.

The DAO does not reveal positive IDs if the boardmember chooses to be private, but the founding corporation documents do contain positive IDs for all boardmembers- and in the case of a lawsuit the identities are revealed in court. 

Yes, on the deadman switch it is possible.  It's a good idea, and something we should consider implementing within 7 months.

The term of the members is 1 year.  Most likely the first board meeting will be around Christmas (as these are quarterly) but this will be the organizational meeting - the annual meeting where the board replaces other boardmembers would most likely be Next Christmas.  On changing the voting behavior of the prod code for the sancs, its true that right now a new sanc has the same weight as a venerable sanc.  Those rules would require modifying the time tested govobj code in prod, and could result in other unforseen consequences we have not thought of (IE related to superblocks and things).  Its a matter of weighing if something like that is worth it (IE risk/reward).  As it would be an expensive attack to pull that off.  Someone would need to spend $4500 per vote on the short term, and if our price rises that may be an even more expensive attack with questionable ability to sway a vote.  My gut feeling is its not worth monkeying with the business logic at this time as the economies-of-scale rule applies here as well.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 02:10:23 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL!!!

https://pool.biblepay.org/docs/bbp1.jpg

Praise Jesus!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 02:12:21 PM

Faucet reward raised to 3000 BBP on pool.biblepay.org for new Rosetta or World Community Grid Researchers!

Please Join!

So far we have picked up TWO new researchers without doing anything, so faucet reward still remains at 3000 BBP!  Come on over!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 02:14:55 PM

NOTE: Letters need 10 upvotes to pass

The biography for orphans does not appear anymore.
Hmm, maybe 7 upvotes would be OK, let me take a look.

Which specific orphan bio does not appear please provide the name?

And also if you are clicking View orphan or Write to orphan.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:24:47 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 03:05:22 PM by leetlezee

Still getting a weird glitch on the pool.biblepay.org website where it shows up with a white background half the time. The functionality of the website is a little off as well during this time.

It seems that if I wait 10+ minutes before pulling up the website again, it pulls up normally (with red background), but then will randomly go to white background again.

[EDIT] tried to post screenshot, apparently we aren't allowed to post images in this thread. Wink
pkman999

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:26:21 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BiblePay!

Rob, Do You Still Remember Me? haha, 1 years!
 Smiley Smiley
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:34:35 PM

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY BIBLEPAY!

BiblePay was launched July 23rd, 2017

Over $130,000+ has been donated to Charity and 339 Orphans are sponsored monthly!

===
FORUMS:

Bitcointalk (Original)
112,330 Views - 3,317 posts

Bitcointalk (Moderated)
87,063 Views - 9,216 posts

BiblePay Forum
3,775 Posts - 190 Topics - 303 Members

=
SOCIAL:

Reddit
342 Readers

Twitter
780 followers

Discord
345 members

=
CPU CANCER RESEARCH:

Rosetta@Home
#1 team in RAC, #3 overall, 482 active members, 927 members
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/team_display.php?teamid=15044
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/top_teams.php
https://boincstats.com/en/stats/14/team/detail/15044

World Community Grid
#9 team in RAC, #187 overall, 84 members
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=JRD1XTFK92

=
MASTERNODES (SANCTUARIES):

206 Active, 281 Total

ROI (Return on Investment)
https://masternodes.online/currencies/BBP/
https://masternodes.pro/stats/bbp/statistics (NOTE: In Maintenance)
~100%+ Yearly ROI

OmniAnalytics
- Ranked #19 out of 375 Masternode Coins
- White Paper Ranked #22 out of 141 Masternode coins
- One of only 20 Masternode coins using Governance

=
POOLS:

BiblePay Pool
113 miners, 8% blocks mined

PurePool
90 miners, 18% blocks mined

=
MISC

CryptoMiso
Ranked #170 in code commits

===

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL!!!

Praise Jesus!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BiblePay!

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 02:47:45 PM

Still getting a weird glitch on the website where it shows up with a white background half the time. The functionality of the website is a little off as well during this time.

It seems that if I wait 10+ minutes before pulling up the website again, it pulls up normally (with red background), but then will randomly go to white background again.

[EDIT] tried to post screenshot, apparently we aren't allowed to post images in this thread. Wink

Try this- please hit ctrl-f5 to refresh then never hit f5 during the session.  Always use the breadcrumb trail for all navigation (or the menu).

Do not use the browsers back or forward buttons either.

It requires the red.css and is an ajax type site (IE not navigational).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 02:48:57 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL!!!

Praise Jesus!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BiblePay!

Rob, Do You Still Remember Me? haha, 1 years!
 Smiley Smiley

Yes, we made it!  I'm glad you were able to convert all your miners over to PODC!  Congratulations!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
leetlezee

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:18:43 PM

Still getting a weird glitch on the pool.biblepay.org website where it shows up with a white background half the time. The functionality of the website is a little off as well during this time.

Try this- please hit ctrl-f5 to refresh then never hit f5 during the session.  Always use the breadcrumb trail for all navigation (or the menu).

Ctrl+f5 doesn't fix the issue. I would highly suggest getting away from having the entire site in AJAX, and breaking it down to the parts you actually need in AJAX, and have the rest of the site in HTML/CSS (possible hybrid would be the main body div in AJAX, but the page including left nav sidebar in HTML/CSS). Nobody is expecting normal navigation not to work on a website these days.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 03:34:26 PM

Ctrl+f5 doesn't fix the issue. I would highly suggest getting away from having the entire site in AJAX, and breaking it down to the parts you actually need in AJAX, and have the rest of the site in HTML/CSS (possible hybrid would be the main body div in AJAX, but the page including left nav sidebar in HTML/CSS). Nobody is expecting normal navigation not to work on a website these days.

Sorry, but your post is incorrect and naive in all ways.  The site IS using the most recent standards (its not really AJAX) I was just trying to explain it in laymans terms.  It uses insitu postbacks, and is not navigational.

Anyway, I would remove all plugins from your browser and ensure you are using the latest version of Chrome or Firefox, and it will work as it does for the other 2500 users.

We do not have a CSS problem on pool.biblepay.org.  You have a browser caching issue.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:04:11 PM

https://i.imgur.com/GbG85Dt.png

noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:04:56 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 04:21:54 PM by noxpost

On a side note, I apologize that this was apparently occurring for 2-3 days. Normally I try to check on the explorer a few times a day, but was away at a conference this weekend. I'm going to look into building a more proactive monitoring job that looks for some of the common problems the iquidus explorer has had, but it might take me a few weeks to get to it. Thanks for the patienc.e

I'll just throw this out there - Give that iquidius tends to get locked up and stop posting new transactions sometimes (for a number of reasons, some of which are very legitimate), I created a script this morning that will run every few hours and ensure that the transaction log in the database has changes apply over a defined time period. If it doesn't see those changes, it restarts the mongo service and the explorer itself, then kicks off the indexing job again.

It isn't perfect yet - I need to handle the case where the issue is that the biblepay daemon crashed, or when the block number in the transaction log and the one in getinfo don't match - but it is a reasonable start, and I'd be happy to offer it to anyone else running an explorer. Just send me a quick PM and I'll share.
afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:24:38 PM

I'll just throw this out there - Give that iquidius tends to get locked up and stop posting new transactions sometimes (for a number of reasons, some of which are very legitimate), I created a script this morning that will run every few hours and ensure that the transaction log in the database has changes apply over a defined time period. If it doesn't see those changes, it restarts the mongo service and the explorer itself, then kicks off the indexing job again.

It isn't perfect yet - I need to handle the case where the issue is that the biblepay daemon crashed, or when the block number in the transaction log and the one in getinfo don't match - but it is a reasonable start, and I'd be happy to offer it to anyone else running an explorer. Just send me a quick PM and I'll share.
Thank you noxpost. Maybe this is also the root cause of having purepool going down so often. You can share with Lichtsucher just in case.
leetlezee

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:43:41 PM

Sorry, but your post is incorrect and naive in all ways.  The site IS using the most recent standards (its not really AJAX) I was just trying to explain it in laymans terms.  It uses insitu postbacks, and is not navigational.

Anyway, I would remove all plugins from your browser and ensure you are using the latest version of Chrome or Firefox, and it will work as it does for the other 2500 users.

We do not have a CSS problem on pool.biblepay.org.  You have a browser caching issue.

I'm not trying to rile you, I was just trying to make a helpful suggestion for whenever you're reworking the site in the future. I understand the reason you're using insitu postbacks, but when browser navigation no longer works, it disrupts the intuitive web design.

Anyway, using your suggestion, I tested out the pool.biblepay website on a clean install of the latest Firefox, and it works fine when first pulled up, as expected. I did confirm that the .css link breaks if you try to use the back button, however, when I go back to the website, ctrl+f5 does not fix the issue, and if I close the tab and browser, then reopen it, it still shows up with the white background. However, I was able to fix it by manually clearing cookies and site data.

If I'm the only one who has this small issue, I'm perfectly willing to deal with it, I just have to remember not to use the back button on the pool.biblepay site.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 06:34:59 PM

VERY Interesting:

I read this rumor (https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/6842131/google-translate-doomsday-clock-end-times-antichrist-apocalypse-dog/), and tried it myself:

http://pool.biblepay.org/docs/doom.png

Could it be the time?  The blood moon is coming Friday, and Trump just threatened Iran.  Be rapture ready and always pray that ye are accounted worthy.

Google is malfunctioning!  I think Jesus is having an angel inject the message.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: