Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:49:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
unicornaryis

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:54:30 AM

How long will the  BiblePay Official thread be available?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flengshu

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:49:41 AM

Hello Biblepay.

I think it is wiser to include personal beliefs and Bible related topics in a separate ''faith discussion forum''. I understand that Biblepay is a crypto coin for Christians and also aims to spread the gospel, which is good. But within this forum it does not add value and does not contribute to getting Biblepay further. Do not misunderstand me. But within this forum I think we should mainly focus on how to get Biblepay further. It is a wonderful project and we must keep the eye's on the target. 

Greetings   
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 02:12:37 PM

Hello Biblepay.

I think it is wiser to include personal beliefs and Bible related topics in a separate ''faith discussion forum''. I understand that Biblepay is a crypto coin for Christians and also aims to spread the gospel, which is good. But within this forum it does not add value and does not contribute to getting Biblepay further. Do not misunderstand me. But within this forum I think we should mainly focus on how to get Biblepay further. It is a wonderful project and we must keep the eye's on the target. 

Greetings   

Dear Flengshu,

I appreciate your perspective.  If it was a year ago, I probably would have agreed with you as I am an organized person.  As a matter of fact thats why I started forum.biblepay.org, so we can have multiple specific threads to discuss off-topic ideas.

However in this case, I feel that we are entering into the final phase of the church age, and if we are not already here, we are entering the end-times according to the major prophets (like Sundar Selvaraj for example).

One of my goals with Biblepay is to spread the gospel to geeks.  If we had a specific chatroom for religion, the non-Christians would not have to read this stuff.

In this case, I prefer to bring up the fire and brimstone topics as necessary in an effort to spread the gospel of Jesus to the lukewarm or non believers.

Note that we will have even more threads soon as we kickstart the finance thread, so one other aspect is is to not have 'too many' otherwise we will not have time to intelligently visit all of them.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 04:47:58 PM

1.1.4.2 - Leisure Update

- Update Jaaps "Add me as" verbiage in the Add Distributed Computing
Researcher Page
- Merge TheSnat21s fix for the transaction list to display the most
recent transactions as before we added Filter PODC updates
- Merge TheSnat21s Depends update (for missing dependencies on a gitian
build on certain platforms)

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 04:51:38 PM

TheSnat, I believe your txlist filter worked, but we still have relatively slow "LoadBlockIndex" times during the initial wallet load for only 60,000 blocks.

I'll take care of looking into optimizing the later phase of "Memorizing Prayers" myself, but one thing you may be able to help on is take a look at LoadBlockIndexGuts and see if there is something in there slowing down the load time.  Its taking about 30 seconds to perform the LoadBlockIndex phase itself, before moving on to memorizeprayers, so I think maybe you can put a test harness on that piece and see what piece of data inside that function is actually slowing down each loop. 

To my knowledge we havent veered from Dash's load block index guts - except we have our transaction.vout[n].sTxOutMessage on each transaction (which stores our prayers and podc information).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Set Ready Go

Activity: 273
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:21:49 PM

Thanks for reply!

hers the boinc info.

Code:

{
  "Command": "getboincinfo",
  "CPID": "f960331937adb4c3b47d4b8e147e3f8d",
  "Address": "BBFfgmZhTdNXPYzk7hZnYA9j27mCSZVYB1",
  "CPIDS": "f960331937adb4c3b47d4b8e147e3f8d;",
  "CPID-Age (hours)": 425903,
  "NextSuperblockHeight": 62330,
  "NextSuperblockBudget": 1110119,
  "f960331937adb4c3b47d4b8e147e3f8d_ADDRESS": "BBFfgmZhTdNXPYzk7hZnYA9j27mCSZVYB1",
  "f960331937adb4c3b47d4b8e147e3f8d_RAC": 1216.02,
  "f960331937adb4c3b47d4b8e147e3f8d_TEAM": 15044,
  "f960331937adb4c3b47d4b8e147e3f8d_WCGRAC": 0,
  "f960331937adb4c3b47d4b8e147e3f8d_TaskWeight": 100,
  "f960331937adb4c3b47d4b8e147e3f8d_UTXOWeight": 2998,
  "Total_RAC": 1216.02,
  "Total Payments (One Day)": 0,
  "Total Payments (One Week)": 0,
  "Total Budget (One Day)": 1110119,
  "Total Budget (One Week)": 7821551,
  "Superblock Count (One Week)": 8,
  "Superblock Hit Count (One Week)": 8,
  "Superblock List": "62125,61920,61715,61510,61305,61100,60895,60690",
  "Last Superblock Height": 62125,
  "Last Superblock Budget": 1110119,
  "Last Superblock Payment": 0,
  "Magnitude (One-Day)": 0,
  "Magnitude (One-Week)": 0
}

No problem. 

Looks like you have RAC, and stake,  I would slow down your PODC until you get more BBP stake, right now you're at the 20% bucket. if you go higher than 3700 RAC you will be too low for a payment with that stake.

You have 4 podcupdate's,  so if things continue you should be in tomorrows superblock, then able to help in POBH mining.

Update.

Its working just fine now it seems just like you said.

Thanks for the help!
aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:31:38 PM

It's curious that QIEX (which was never high volume) has essentially run out of buy orders, and CB is pretty close to that as well. SouthXChange and C-CEX have more, but a depth chart will show that those are at pretty ridiculously low prices.

I know we've been talking about opening more exchanges, but at some point I would propose that you need a critical mass of volume to make opening another more worthwhile. I understand that more markets give more opportunities for arb, etc. and open us to a wider audience, but if demand isn't there, should we consider focusing on that problem instead?

I love the airdrop plans, and I'm really curious to see if that spreads some awareness/demand - this community right now is small but tight, and to scale, we will need to find ways to embrace people at a slightly lower level of participation, and also accept that some will be in just for the money (although there are plenty of other coins they could trade for that).

In some ways this is a theoretical problem, but for us to continue our mission of supporting the charities and doing the work we want, we also need to be able to convert to fiat as necessary, which requires trading demand. Thoughts?

Yes. I think this issue should be forwarding to our PR guru togo. Where are the real results from your permanent PR proposals? For example in july about 300k bbp?

Sorry. My fault. For july its 800k together. 500k first half of july, 300k second half.

Bitcoin is in a bear market. As a trader, you wouldn't want to have too much exposure in a BTC bear.  It's dragging down the Alts.  C-Cex re-opening at the end of August should help some.  

The other thing to do, which I have said, is to go directly to the churches and tell them that by buying BBP they are supporting orphans.  The buyers are the ones who support the orphans.  Whenever I have mentioned going directly to the churches everyone is  just not into that idea. But if you want a consistent bid under BBP, I think that is the way to go.

It's obvious the volume from the latest superblock hasn't come through the exchanges in a big way; cumulative volume has barely been over 1M.
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 10:58:47 PM

Bitcoin is in a bear market. As a trader, you wouldn't want to have too much exposure in a BTC bear.  It's dragging down the Alts.  C-Cex re-opening at the end of August should help some.  

The other thing to do, which I have said, is to go directly to the churches and tell them that by buying BBP they are supporting orphans.  The buyers are the ones who support the orphans.  Whenever I have mentioned going directly to the churches everyone is  just not into that idea. But if you want a consistent bid under BBP, I think that is the way to go.

It's obvious the volume from the latest superblock hasn't come through the exchanges in a big way; cumulative volume has barely been over 1M.

Agreed the current market is not helping us any..  Strange though DOGE can keep its price fairly stable, but BBP is declining steadily.  Hope this trend reverses soon
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 02:40:43 AM

I was listening to Melissa from Midnight Hour Oil and she makes a good point that some Christians who have a chance to witness to people on a train to hell would rather give them an ice cube rather than do the hard work and explain they are on the train to hell.

All these people are going to Hell (unless they repent and turn to Jesus):

• Homosexuals, Lesbians and the LGBT
  • Those who worship Allah, Buddah, Indian Gods, and non-Messianic Jews who are waiting for the Messiah
  • Adulterers and Fornicators
  • Those practicing witchcraft
  • Chronic Drunks & Drug Abusers
  • Those who hold grudges and do not forgive men/women
  • Anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus

Next time you know you are in a situation where you can make a difference, enlighten them.

She says:  we are not here to fit in with the crowd.  We are meant to stand out, like a lamp on a hill.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:35:12 AM

I was listening to Melissa from Midnight Hour Oil and she makes a good point that some Christians who have a chance to witness to people on a train to hell would rather give them an ice cube rather than do the hard work and explain they are on the train to hell.

• Those who worship Allah, Buddah, Indian Gods, and non-Messianic Jews who are waiting for the Messiah

Next time you know you are in a situation where you can make a difference, enlighten them.

She says:  we are not here to fit in with the crowd.  We are meant to stand out, like a lamp on a hill.

Every believer's telling his God is the right one and the rest is going to hell. From that follows everybody will end in hell.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 01:59:34 PM

Hello Bible_pay,

Thanks for your reply.
In my opinion Biblepay has potential and I find it sad when you write your hardline personal opinion about the Christian faith under the Biblepay logo. When I read the Biblepay whitepaper I can not find anything that relates to your personal opinion. It is also not mentioned on the Biblepay website. Therefor I think it is wiser to separate this and not write your personal opinion under the Biblepay-logo. Especially when your opinion is also based on feelings, I quote: ''I feel..''.

Another thing in your reply is that you refer to the so called ''major prophets'' like Sundar Selvaraj. For me he is not a prophet. The only prophets I know are the ones mentioned in the Bible. You probably know that Sundar Selvaraj pin points the pope Francis as the False Prophet. Making such allegation is not wise in the first place, Jezus says:''do not judge''(*Note). Secondly we do not know if that allegation is true. You know that pope Francis is 81 years old. If he dies tomorrow then not only you are directly in discredit concerning your credibility. I am not concerned about your credibility, but I do concern the credibility of the Biblepay project and I think future investors might be concerned as well.

Two last things:   
I am wondering what kind of investors Biblepay wants to attract as for example you already indirectly burn off the Catholic church by mentioning Sundar Selvaraj as a major prophet. What is next?   

Spreading the gospel is something different than writing down your personal opinion or sum up who is going to hell. I am glad that God has the last word in this!

(*Note)
Matthew 7: 1-6
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you

kind regards,

Flengshu

First of all, I'll defend Sundar because I have a few solid years in researching prophets who are for Jesus in which things came to pass.  I have a Jesus Christ based web site with articles Ive paraphrased over the years by different prophets concering end-times prophecy, and I can tell who is worthy of being added or not added to that list.  And I'm proud to be associated with Sundar and I invite him to our community and will fly down and meet him and let him represent Biblepay along with Steve Cioccolanti who has contacted us.

I can tell by the way in which you replied, in an argumentative way and in the way you applied the scriptures that you are lukewarm at the most.  And warning people of hellfire is not judging, judging is actually referring to being a hypocrite (starting as a sinner, calling out the same type problems while you yourself are a sinner), and not spreading the gospel.

I've taken your issue into consideration, and I give it a weight of zero.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 02:03:39 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2018, 09:44:00 PM by bible_pay

She says:  we are not here to fit in with the crowd.  We are meant to stand out, like a lamp on a hill.

Every believer's telling his God is the right one and the rest is going to hell. From that follows everybody will end in hell.

But not all false religions believe in an exact heaven and hell as Christianity does, notice how they copy the concepts from Christianity, but either way this is giving too much credit to the false religions.

There is only one name that can save, Jesus, and the point is he is the Savior and if you are persuaded and deceived into another religion you will end up in hell.

My best friendly advice on this is to go to the biblepay links in the pool and watch all Jesus related NDEs.  Then find some Buddha and Allah NDEs and tell me if you ever find one case of Allah or Buddha saving a person from hell.  You wont.  Only Jesus steps in and saves a person from Hell.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:08:52 PM

From the  BBP whitepaper ...

Circulation Characteristics

Hard Cap - 5,200,000,000 BBP by 2050
Circulation Type - Deflationary
Circulation Rate - Decreasing by 1.5% / month

Is Circulation Rate the amount of BBP already in circulation, or the amount continually going into circulation each month?
noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:09:46 PM

Is Circulation Rate the amount of BBP already in circulation, or the amount continually going into circulation each month?
The latter. There is a full schedule on the wiki, but basically, we continually slow the rate we create more BBP.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:16:06 PM

The latter. There is a full schedule on the wiki, but basically, we continually slow the rate we create more BBP.

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Emission_Schedule

zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:52:01 AM

1.1.4.2 - Leisure Update

Researcher Page

Rob, I noticed at www.biblepay.org/wallet/ that the "Latest release" object and the image for "Latest stable release" still shows wallet version 1.1.3.8.

Do you want to update that, or is it something I can do?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 01:13:50 AM

1.1.4.2 - Leisure Update

Researcher Page

Rob, I noticed at www.biblepay.org/wallet/ that the "Latest release" object and the image for "Latest stable release" still shows wallet version 1.1.3.8.

Do you want to update that, or is it something I can do?

I have a deploy script that updates it, but this release was so minor I didn't run it. 

I'll run it so you have the latest image now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:36:25 AM

1.1.4.2 - Leisure Update

Researcher Page

MacOS wallet updated

1.1.4.3 - Leisure update

1.1.4.2 changes
+
- Ensure sanctuaries do not try to come to a consensus with magnitude
levels exceeding superblock amount

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 05:10:30 PM

With the recent slump in price, I'm starting to look at ways of popularizing BiblePay.

I'm thinking it might be to our benefit to make it easier to get started as a researcher (for cancer mining) and easier to mine BiblePay.

We could consider removing the team requirement (IE you do not have to be in Team BiblePay for PODC payments); that would potentially open us up to the entire boinc network of World Community Grid and Rosetta researchers who are apprehensive about changing their team.  They would still of course need to associate their CPID with our wallet, but they would receive PODC payments without being on our team. 

The other idea is making us easier to heat mine.  We could potentially allow heat mining for any CPID that is successfully associated with a public key (IE the researcher has successfully sent a burn transaction and is associated with one public key address already).  This would make it easier to heat mine as then only one step is required and the user does not need to wait until being in a superblock.  It would also make it easier on some people financially to get started.

We may also consider voting for a lower BBP-per-rac requirement, but in my opinion its a little early for that.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 06:35:35 PM

TheSnat, I believe your txlist filter worked, but we still have relatively slow "LoadBlockIndex" times during the initial wallet load for only 60,000 blocks.

I'll take care of looking into optimizing the later phase of "Memorizing Prayers" myself, but one thing you may be able to help on is take a look at LoadBlockIndexGuts and see if there is something in there slowing down the load time.  Its taking about 30 seconds to perform the LoadBlockIndex phase itself, before moving on to memorizeprayers, so I think maybe you can put a test harness on that piece and see what piece of data inside that function is actually slowing down each loop. 

To my knowledge we havent veered from Dash's load block index guts - except we have our transaction.vout[n].sTxOutMessage on each transaction (which stores our prayers and podc information).

I see no variation between ours and Dash's...  I have isolated the loop that takes the time,  I don't see a clear way to optimize it more.
Something of note I placed a counter to capture blocks it processes: blocks processed = 63286

This is 358 blocks more than the chain has currently.  I suspect these are "orphan" chains/blocks that need to be accounted for and routed through before settling on the current active.

I will keep digging to see if we can isolate these from the loop and see if it would speed up the process

Pages: « 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: