Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:26:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:21:14 AM

Masternodes.Pro is back out of maintenance for BBP:
https://masternodes.pro/stats/bbp/statistics

togoshigekata

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:25:33 AM

Our Twitter is getting a ton of impressions

Our Subreddit has been on decline and looks like current Bitcoin chart haha, I think it got most views from the mining guides,
which have been phased out with BiblePay Central Mining guide and Ubuntu package and the new BiblePay.org website
as well as being less of a hub for information given the new site

Would be interesting to check BiblePay Central and BiblePay.org website statistics

afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:32:38 AM

What about this idea:

I know that there is going to be some waste on buying BBP for selling it later (plus all the fees)... But it is actually happening the same thing for the people donating BBP right now. We need a way for "normal people" to buy BBP. All the Christians that I know will never open an account in an Exchange. However, I am sure that some of them will donate using this mechanism if it simple and straightforward.

This will for sure help to create volume and increase the price.

And we need a huge marketing campaign. All is about marketing nowadays.

togoshigekata

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:43:05 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 07:53:14 AM by togoshigekata

With the recent slump in price, I'm starting to look at ways of popularizing BiblePay.

I'm thinking it might be to our benefit to make it easier to get started as a researcher (for cancer mining) and easier to mine BiblePay.

We could consider removing the team requirement (IE you do not have to be in Team BiblePay for PODC payments); that would potentially open us up to the entire boinc network of World Community Grid and Rosetta researchers who are apprehensive about changing their team.  They would still of course need to associate their CPID with our wallet, but they would receive PODC payments without being on our team.  

The other idea is making us easier to heat mine.  We could potentially allow heat mining for any CPID that is successfully associated with a public key (IE the researcher has successfully sent a burn transaction and is associated with one public key address already).  This would make it easier to heat mine as then only one step is required and the user does not need to wait until being in a superblock.  It would also make it easier on some people financially to get started.

We may also consider voting for a lower BBP-per-rac requirement, but in my opinion its a little early for that.

I am open to the above.

Im confused by some previous responses though, because in order to PODC mine with BiblePay you need coins staked,
which means if you really want to mine to your full potential, you need to buy some BBP.
But how many miners are buying coins for staking? and how much are they buying? I dont know.

Opening up the team requirement could have a lot of benefits, but I could see miners being against this, more competition meaning less profit,
These new miners would still have to install BiblePay wallet to do CPID burn address, and then they would still have to buy BBP in order to do staking. Right?
Some of these miners could potentially convert and become BiblePay fans Smiley

I also think we need to always keep newbies in mind, and help them as much as we can.
Ive seen and heard about some people leaving BiblePay as a miner after the PODC update, they said mining got too complicated/confusing.
Would be cool to have a youtube tutorial on how to get setup with PODC.
We also need to make sure our guides and documentation are easy to use and newbie friendly.

Anyone interested in creating a Youtube PODC Tutorial?

Anyone interested in reviewing/editing our Mining Documentation?

NOTE: Remember, ANYONE can be paid BBP coins from BiblePay's Monthly Budget for their work!,
just create a proposal: http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?board=5.0 and submit it through the pool or wallet

togoshigekata

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:10:20 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 07:37:06 AM by togoshigekata

We need a way for "normal people" to buy BBP. All the Christians that I know will never open an account in an Exchange

I agree.

Just talking out loud:

Most people are in debt and do not invest, if they do invest it may just be a 401k at work with mutual/index funds.

Most people have only ever heard of Bitcoin

Most people do not know how to do a limit order and would be totally intimidated by one of the exchange pages.

Most people who own crypto, probably only own Bitcoin, and maybe some Ethereum, Litecoin, etc
And most of these people, have probably never done a transaction and just keep the coins where they bought them.

===

So, What does it take for a completely random average person to invest into BiblePay?

1. They have to have money to invest
2. They have to be sold on Cryptocurrency as an investment
3. They have to be sold on why BiblePay is better than the other Cryptocurrencies
4. They have to buy BBP, which means, creating an exchange account, entering bank/credit card information, buying Bitcoin,
potentially transferring Bitcoin to another exchange, and then doing a BiblePay limit order

This is why almost all of my advertising efforts have been focused on people already involved in cryptocurrency, but most of the crypto community is non-religious,

How do we educate the average person?

Who are our target audiences?

What is currently the make up of people invested in crypto?

Are there Christian computer groups? Christian stock trading groups?
How could we get involved with Christian youth groups? Young people are the most open to crypto

togoshigekata

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:31:30 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 12:40:06 PM by togoshigekata

Advertising/Marketing Ideas

1. Bitcointalk Forum Ad ($1,000)
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=83.0
Bitcointalk is the #1 website where people talk about crypto
Last I remember Theymos rejected us again, and I believe you had some conversation with him Rob?

2. Articles / Press Releases / Sponsored Story ($350-1,500)
https://i.imgur.com/KGzNSSP.png
Luke writes some articles on Steemit and Medium for us about every week
https://steemit.com/@biblepay
If we can create a good article about BiblePay, we can pay to have it published on a top crypto news website

3. Banner/Display Ads ($3-10 CPM)
https://i.imgur.com/KGzNSSP.png

===

Other Advertising/Marketing Ideas
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.msg36138565#msg36138565
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.msg41633372#msg41633372

===

Is anyone willing to jump on doing any of these things?

Anyone interested in writing an article/story about BiblePay?

Anyone have any graphic design skills to help design BiblePay Ads?
I use free open source program GIMP, but I am a newbie
BiblePay Image Files: http://pool.biblepay.org/SAN/bbplogo.zip

NOTE: Remember, ANYONE can be paid BBP coins from BiblePay's Monthly Budget for their work!,
just create a proposal: http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?board=5.0 and submit it through the pool or wallet

SVK Noko

Activity: 267
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:50:01 AM

What about to ask some youtube channels focused on cryptocurrencies to make a review for biblecoin. Each of these channels have approximatelly 100k-200k subscribers involved in crypto! If the price will be ok it could be good idea how to increase bbp awareness in cryptoworld.
togoshigekata

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:55:11 AM

What about to ask some youtube channels focused on cryptocurrencies to make a review for biblecoin. Each of these channels have approximatelly 100k-200k subscribers involved in crypto! If the price will be ok it could be good idea how to increase bbp awareness in cryptoworld.

Great idea, do you have any popular crypto youtubers in mind?
Just like the exchange list, we can compile a youtuber list, and keep track of status of contacting each one

Ive actually commented on a lot of crypto youtube videos about BiblePay,
but I found out recently I was shadow banned, and my comments do not show up anymore... LOL

The only somewhat popular youtuber I know who mentioned us in a video is VoskCoin (66k subscribers)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.msg39563387#msg39563387
Ive never directly reached out to him though

SVK Noko

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:02:21 AM

Great idea, do you have any popular crypto youtubers in mind?
Just like the exchange list, we can compile a youtuber list, and keep track of status of contacting each one

Ive actually commented on a lot of crypto youtube videos about BiblePay,
but I found out recently I was shadow banned, and my comments do not show up anymore... LOL

The only somewhat popular youtuber I know who mentioned us in a video is VoskCoin (66k subscribers)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.msg39563387#msg39563387
Ive never directly reached out to him though

I found some list of top youtube channels focused on crypto. They have of course fb, twiter and so on. If i have agreement i can check the prices and conditions for some job like that. And record some list with actual status of course.
aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:07:59 AM

With the recent slump in price, I'm starting to look at ways of popularizing BiblePay.

I'm thinking it might be to our benefit to make it easier to get started as a researcher (for cancer mining) and easier to mine BiblePay.

We could consider removing the team requirement (IE you do not have to be in Team BiblePay for PODC payments); that would potentially open us up to the entire boinc network of World Community Grid and Rosetta researchers who are apprehensive about changing their team.  They would still of course need to associate their CPID with our wallet, but they would receive PODC payments without being on our team.  

The other idea is making us easier to heat mine.  We could potentially allow heat mining for any CPID that is successfully associated with a public key (IE the researcher has successfully sent a burn transaction and is associated with one public key address already).  This would make it easier to heat mine as then only one step is required and the user does not need to wait until being in a superblock.  It would also make it easier on some people financially to get started.

We may also consider voting for a lower BBP-per-rac requirement, but in my opinion its a little early for that.

I am open to the above.

Im confused by some previous responses though, because in order to PODC mine with BiblePay you need coins staked,
which means if you really want to mine to your full potential, you need to buy some BBP.
But how many miners are buying coins for staking? and how much are they buying? I dont know.

Opening up the team requirement could have a lot of benefits, but I could see miners being against this, more competition meaning less profit,
These new miners would still have to install BiblePay wallet to do CPID burn address, and then they would still have to buy BBP in order to do staking. Right?

I also think we need to always keep newbies in mind, and help them as much as we can.
Ive seen and heard about some people leaving BiblePay as a miner after the PODC update, they said mining got too complicated/confusing.
Would be cool to have a youtube tutorial on how to get setup with PODC.
We also need to make sure our guides and documentation are easy to use and newbie friendly.

Anyone interested in creating a Youtube PODC Tutorial?

Anyone interested in reviewing/editing our Mining Documentation?

Miners are one time buyers who buy an amount of coin to stake, true.  But after miners have made their stake, generally miners do not continue to buy.  I feel like the coin would be in worse shape without the staking requirement.  The coin needs buyers who are willing to take a portion of their pay check or income source and invest a percentage into Biblepay on a regular basis or keep finding people who are willing to make an investment.  The people who do this are supporting orphans and research on a regular basis, with the chance of making a profit.
aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:14:37 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 08:31:54 AM by aikida3k

What about this idea:

https://preview.ibb.co/h3wgAe/Donate_BBPApp.png

I know that there is going to be some waste on buying BBP for selling it later (plus all the fees)... But it is actually happening the same thing for the people donating BBP right now. We need a way for "normal people" to buy BBP. All the Christians that I know will never open an account in an Exchange. However, I am sure that some of them will donate using this mechanism if it simple and straightforward.

This is neat but consider that every individual that buys BBP is helping to support orphans by supporting the price of BBP. If you are buying BBP, you are supporting the price of BBP. If you are supporting the price of BBP to go higher, the price at which we can sell the superblocks that go specifically to orphans is higher, therefore a higher price from buyers willing to pay higher prices of BBP supports more orphans.

The last link in your schematic sends the purchased donations to the orphanages in BBP, which later has to be sold back for fiat.  This has a net zero effect on supporting the price of BBP unless the orphanage accumulates and hoards the donations to wait for a major pump. But if the orphanage sells the BBP on receipt, the effect on the price of BBP is negligible; BBP is bought and sold at a high velocity.  The benefit of masternodes and staking is that the velocity of BBP is slowed and supply is drained, which should encourage buyers.
SVK Noko

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:25:05 AM

What about this idea:

https://preview.ibb.co/h3wgAe/Donate_BBPApp.png

This is neat but consider that every individual that buys BBP is helping to support orphans by supporting the price of BBP. If you are buying BBP, you are supporting the price of BBP. If you are supporting the price of BBP, the price at which we can sell the superblocks that go specifically to orphans is higher, therefore a higher price from buyers willing to pay higher prices of BBP supports mo

Im not sure how you can get a trust in crypto in kind of place church is. I think ppl in church are very conservative without any trust in cryptocurrency. Maybe im wrong i have never been there ;-)
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:02:10 AM

I don't think this is a miners vs investors debate, because they are not totally exclusive.

You can make mining easier and you can make investing in BBP interesting at the same time.
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:40:57 AM

Hi all,
A bit of promotional material I made from the latest BLOOM updates:

https://medium.com/biblepay-news/bloom-biblepay-impact-reports-from-sierra-leone-and-uganda-354fb98305ff

https://steemit.com/charity/@biblepay/bloom-biblepay-impact-reports-from-sierra-leone-and-uganda
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:59:58 AM

1 thing=  few ceo/founders of exchanges told that we need ADVISORS= profi ADVISORS .when you check some coins,on main webs you can to find VIP persons= ADVISORS

capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:54:39 AM

i own some stellars also, and there is some interest for staking (like inflation compensation or so Smiley)
i can imagine that this could be way for investing if there will be good interest rate. it is paid once per week so bbp will be locked for one week to get reward
of course this will need more calculations, exclude masternodes, maybe split block reward to not produce more coins than planed etc
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 12:00:40 PM

Understanding Strange Flesh - Sundar Selvaraj:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-cetT8UaCM

So I woke up this morning and had the strange feeling to tell people on the board that if you are doing psychedelic drugs, or drinking Ayahuasca, or peyote, please realize you are being deceived by Satan!  

Satan is weaving a web of deceit in your life, giving you the false impression that you are going on a ride somewhere productive, with an alternate 'escape' environment, an entire ecosystem or an alternate reality is being built for you closer to the source of God, with real interactive beings, as McKenna says Machine Elves for example will give you presents and tell you they missed you and they love you and they handcraft things for you and you have pleasurable experiences.  But, Satan has the power to create this alternate environment for you, to lure you in to a false sense of safety.  This will hopefully get your mind warped so far that you believe there is more safety in drugs than in Jesus.  Jesus is our only rock.

I summarize this case (of Psychedelic Drug Abusers) to be very similar to Earth Lovers, which is idolatry, because you are believing the inner-earth is actually your God, you are regarding the 'trip' or 'high' as your God above your God!  This ends up being viewed as following foreign Gods, idolatry and can send one to hell in the end.

Taking a look at this mushroom forum:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10928980

This is exactly what this group of individuals ended up believing of each other - they are Earth worshipers.  Just like we have plant worshiping, animal, ocean, moon etc.

“Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is s**-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”
― Terence McKenna

I give Terence (a mushroom snorting shamanic intellectual, of high caliber) a lot of credit for his advanced philosophical views, and his God Given abuse of intelligence and wisdom, but let me get to the point, any drug abuser who is escaping reality and trying to create his/her own is exercising Satans creation, and you are being deceived - you are not getting closer to God, you are getting closer to Satan.  

Finally, thinking of this incident, I also thought of Jim Morrison when he encountered the dead Indians.  He said the family was driving past an Indian Reservation where he saw a dead Indian, and believed the souls of other dead Indians leapt into him, so it influenced some of his future acts... I believe the fact that Jim was doing peyote before this incident, he opened himself up to being possessed by demons, and that in fact could have invited a legion into him.  The moral of the story is don't do things that allow cracks in your shield to let in dark forces.  Repent, and Jesus will give you the power to overcome all sins.  No matter how hard or hooked you think you are, Jesus can break those chains permanently, better than any rehab house!  You can literally wake up the next day loathing the stuff, thanks to Jesus.  Give Jesus a chance.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 12:13:25 PM

Someone mentioned miners wont mine if we are illiquid, but I dont think we are *that* illiquid (yes we are illiquid since ccex is on vacation and buying is low, but thats generally affecting our large liquidations) however I feel the impact of small miners is low, in the sense that a person who desires to sell coins to pay for VMSs will basically drive up our volume (they would be forced to sell .01 below the market, and value buyers buy that up).

Its also true that even if we removed the team requirement, as the rules are now you still have to buy BBP to stake which helps our price, and as Togo said there are a certain % of converts who are going to stay with biblepay if we do this.

Im floating the idea as a lower bar of entry for the 50,000 boinc accounts out there who may want to be compensated for researching but have a strong affinity to the current team.  People like the US Navy, Oracle, overclocking forums, etc.  <- One downside to doing this is then we lose all sense of organization in our reports for our team (IE the team report becomes pretty worthless) and all statistics become worthless.

But yes, the fact that you have to buy bbp on an exchange to mine is still a large hurdle for non-crypto enthusiasts.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 12:45:41 PM

Im floating the idea as a lower bar of entry for the 50,000 boinc accounts out there who may want to be compensated for researching but have a strong affinity to the current team.  People like the US Navy, Oracle, overclocking forums, etc.  <- One downside to doing this is then we lose all sense of organization in our reports for our team (IE the team report becomes pretty worthless) and all statistics become worthless.

If Biblepay-central was updated, it could be a good secondary source of data.

As it is I would love to get some of the data exports from the RPC to start loading historical charts...
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 02:04:48 PM

Children sponsorship collage:

http://pool.biblepay.org/docs/SponsorshipsAugust2018.pdf

Feel free to use it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: