Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243131 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:41:26 AM

Wow, that's a nice find, Slavino. I think some explanations are in order.

I checked the "accountability" page and this also looks really strange. The last legit invoice from Compassion seems to be from April 22nd (complete print-out of the checkout page). All the newer ones are just plain text BS-PDFs with no signature, no invoice number, not even a slight hint that any money was actually paid (it only says "total amount due"). For Bloom there isn't even a single PDF; Kairo looks legit but of course this is only a very minor payment.

So where did all the proposal payments go to? Can we have some actual payment proof from May 2018 on until August 2018? Deleting all these posts won't help, since they are saved externally.

P.S.: At the slovak guys: Cursing and foul-mouthing doesn't help either; especially not the children...

Those guys are such idiots. The explanation is very simple:

Rob liquidated some of his own Sanctuaries and sold those BBP on exchanges. This way he was able to sell the BBP with more spread over time, in an effort to not upset the markets so much.

When the superblock hit, Rob used that BBP to recreate his liquidated Sanctuaries again.

Any other 'theory' is just FUD.

The end.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaapgvk

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:56:03 AM

im testing nodecheck........ best value for biblepay...... very beautiful user environment and very easy setup
@jaapgvk have we any money for PR? im still dont understand waste all money for orphans.....we need pr guru-s

i believe that bbp will be raising,but we need smart decisions (BBP has best coder ever)

Currently we don't really have any money set aside for PR. Togo asks a monthly amount of BBP. The rest of the PR-budget of the last months went to the new exchanges. There simply wasn't any more budget. We will probably ask for budget in the October superblock. But you have to realize that the value of what we are currently doing comes from the contacts that we have. We are basically getting free PR-consultation (and access to databases) that normally costs 300+ dollars an hour. So if you want to know the value of our current PR-plan: it is in the thousands of dollars.

And please, if you say that we are wasting our money on orphans, then I don't think you understand what BiblePay is trying to do.
you wanted to sell bbp for orphans.......when wont be exists ppl which will be to buy bbp,then what? liquidity will be 0$...then what?.....all coins raised only with PR ... Rob supported 339 orphans,now what? ... you dont know do marketing.Admit it. What is your professions? Are you bussines man,or marketing chief or who from BBP staff is person from marketing,advisor,economic school? haaaa? Some people laughing whom it built this strategy...

school grade from teacher: 5

Well, the idea was that we would continue to add value to BiblePay in order to attract new investors. And this would enable us to sell BBP on the market for the children. As far as I know, we hit all points on the roadmap, some even way before their stipulated dates, and Rob is working very hard on adding features. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be enough currently.

I don't want this project to fail, so if the price continues to drop, I will vote a 'no' on the current proposal for Compassion. There is no money involved in this project that I care about losing. I just do this from my heart right now. And my heart tells me that this project matters. That's why I don't want this project to fail.

I'm not blind. I agree that we currently most probably have too many sponsorships. I want that number to go down as low as it needs to go. And after that, I want sustainable growth. It that means only 1 orphan per month, then so be it.

I also don't want to ignore our investors. 10% should be 10% in my opinion. Nothing more. That 10% is our motto, and in steady conditions the market should have few problems absorbing that 10% in my opinion.

And you realize that you are part of the problem, right? All your FUD is tarnishing our reputation. I don't understand your motives, because it seems that it is your own investment that your FUD'ing away here.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:08:47 AM

Wow, that's a nice find, Slavino. I think some explanations are in order.

I checked the "accountability" page and this also looks really strange. The last legit invoice from Compassion seems to be from April 22nd (complete print-out of the checkout page). All the newer ones are just plain text BS-PDFs with no signature, no invoice number, not even a slight hint that any money was actually paid (it only says "total amount due"). For Bloom there isn't even a single PDF; Kairo looks legit but of course this is only a very minor payment.

So where did all the proposal payments go to? Can we have some actual payment proof from May 2018 on until August 2018? Deleting all these posts won't help, since they are saved externally.

P.S.: At the slovak guys: Cursing and foul-mouthing doesn't help either; especially not the children...

I disagree with the whole 'Sanctuary theory', but I do think that accountability needs to be in order. There should be proof of payment. On the other hand, anyone is just one phone call to Compassion away to check if the sponsorships are actually there, so let's not jump to any conclusion here.

If there really is a fraud going on, then I will leave this project, as any sane human would do. But I find that scenario VERY VERY unlikely.

jaapgvk

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:49:28 AM

And about my experience with marketing: I have very little, and I'm thankful for that, because I don't like that world.

But you've got to understand my position in all this. I don't NEED to have experience with marketing, I just need to get the right people in the right place, and use their experience to set-up some good PR.

And now I'm done explaining. I'm starting to understand Rob's position of deleting posts more and more. I don't consider it censorship anymore if it's pure FUD. Have a reasonable dialog or get out.

MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:15:57 AM

I think we will reach higher levels of compliance and accountsbility with The Biblepay Foundation, and hopefully will also release Rob from some unpleasant paperwork.
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:43:09 AM

Thanks jaap for keeping a cool head. Your explanation with the liquidation and recreation indeed makes a lot of sense and I hope that really is all there is to it. Everything else has already been said.

P.S.: I totally agree with your view on "marketing". As a scientist I also despise all that bs, but unfortunately nowadays it seems to be more important than ever, because people usually have the attention span of a 2-year-old kid and (especially in the US) have to be caught by catchy catchphrases, totally exaggerated bla-bla bs and shiny colors and bling-bling ...
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 12:36:45 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 01:55:48 PM by sunk818

Rob liquidated some of his own Sanctuaries and sold those BBP on exchanges. This way he was able to sell the BBP with more spread over time, in an effort to not upset the markets so much.

hi jaap, thanks for the explanation.

I'm trying to understand why this approach is better than just selling BBP after you receive it? Wouldn't selling it slowly until next superblock have the same effect?

co-mingling personal funds with monthly superblock that goes to orphans creates confusion and mistrust. this is not good for BiblePay reputation

bottom line: the orphans are paid, true... but the path to paying orphans is not clean

zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:41:16 PM

There is no money involved in this project that I care about losing.

Please explain, thanks.
jaapgvk

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:59:11 PM

Please explain, thanks.

Maybe I worded it poorly. I meant that I am not emotionally attached to money. I need very little of it and live a very modest life. Crypto is mostly an interest for me in the technical and anthropological sense.

jaapgvk

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:06:44 PM

hi jaap, thanks for the explanation.

I'm trying to understand why this approach is better than just selling BBP after you receive it? Wouldn't selling it slowly until next superblock have the same effect?

co-mingling personal funds with monthly superblock that goes to orphans creates confusion and mistrust. this is not good for BiblePay reputation

bottom line: the orphans are paid, true... but the path to paying orphans is not clean

I agree that - especially in hindsight - there were probably more strategic ways to go about it. I just know that Rob told me something like this in an email a while ago.

Let's just wait on Robs response Smiley

zthomasz

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:28:18 PM

Please explain, thanks.

Maybe I worded it poorly. I meant that I am not emotionally attached to money. I need very little of it and live a very modest life. Crypto is mostly an interest for me in the technical and anthropological sense.

I've put over $10,000 USD into BBP and haven't sold any coins. Now it's worth less than half that. Since you seem to have taken a role of leadership, would you mind telling us how much you've invested?
jaapgvk

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:52:11 PM

Please explain, thanks.

I've put over $10,000 USD into BBP and haven't sold any coins. Now it's worth less than half that. Since you seem to have taken a role of leadership, would you mind telling us how much you've invested?

Wow. Are you seriously asking me this?

zthomasz

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:01:07 PM

Please explain, thanks.

Yes.
jaapgvk

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:07:12 PM

Please explain, thanks.

Yes.

Thomas, I am not going to disclose that information to you. Not now. Not ever.

I am going to ignore you from now on.

sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 04:04:05 PM

Why is this relevant to you? Your investment is yours to deal with.

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/warning-after-cabin-crew-member-takes-out-dh367-000-bank-loan-to-invest-in-cryptocurrencies-only-to-see-value-plummet-1.765739

zthomasz

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:30:14 PM

Why is this relevant to you? Your investment is yours to deal with.

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/warning-after-cabin-crew-member-takes-out-dh367-000-bank-loan-to-invest-in-cryptocurrencies-only-to-see-value-plummet-1.765739

It's relevant because Jaap has assumed a leadership position in Biblepay, but apparently doesn't want to reveal whether he has invested any money.

In my 30+ years of investing in corporate businesses, I've learned that there are leaders who have "skin in the game" and there are those who prefer to have the rest of us take the financial risks. I'm curious which position Jaap is in. After all, transparency in business leaders is a virtue not a sin.
zthomasz

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:38:07 PM

Please explain, thanks.

Yes.

Thomas, I am not going to disclose that information to you. Not now. Not ever.

I am going to ignore you from now on.

Ignoring the question instead of answering it simply confirms what apparently is true ... you have no significant financial investment at risk in BBP.

If this conclusion is wrong, please be professional enough to let everyone know. Confidence in leadership is essential to BBP success.
zthomasz

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:24:25 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 09:54:40 PM by zthomasz

You only equate “skin in the game” by financial investment? That’s a narrow view of contributions don’t you think?

My question was in response to Jaap's statement "There is no money involved in this project that I care about losing." Since he is in a leadership position as treasurer of BiblePay I simply asked him to be transparent about his financial investment in BBP, not other contributions he might have made.

In the US the SEC requires all officers of public companies to reveal most of their transactions in the company stock. There is no current US law requiring officers of crypto projects to do the same thing, but you would expect that officers of a crypto that advertises itself as a "Charity Focused Christian Currency" would be happy to share that information.

Here's a definition of "skin in the game" from Investopedia.com:

What is 'Skin In The Game'

Skin in the game is a phrase made popular by renowned investor Warren Buffett referring to a situation in which high-ranking insiders use their own money to buy stock in the company they are running.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/skininthegame.asp

bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 11:09:49 PM

it always was 10% to charity, but now budget is almost 20% and still not enough. 10% should be 10% every month. one month it will be 10k $, another month 5k $...
if somebody 'allocated' more orphans than 10% could cover, then it must be lowered. you simply cant create money from nothing. even if you sell all coins generated during month (~75m), you will not have enough. and next month what? all moneys should go to marketing now, few new big miners could help a lot. 10m buy for stake takes price to 20sat

We all agree it should be 10%.  The compassion proposal was entered just this one time - because I didn't want to abruptly end half of our orphans in one month.

We are going to terminate a lot of sponsorships (if we don't have a miracle soon), and our charity will revert back to 10% per month as it should be.  Most likely I'll be re-entering this months compassion proposal lower, primarily because Compassion has continuity insurance for children who are dropped from the program.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 11:15:50 PM

im testing nodecheck........ best value for biblepay...... very beautiful user environment and very easy setup
@jaapgvk have we any money for PR? im still dont understand waste all money for orphans.....we need pr guru-s

i believe that bbp will be raising,but we need smart decisions (BBP has best coder ever)

Currently we don't really have any money set aside for PR. Togo asks a monthly amount of BBP. The rest of the PR-budget of the last months went to the new exchanges. There simply wasn't any more budget. We will probably ask for budget in the October superblock. But you have to realize that the value of what we are currently doing comes from the contacts that we have. We are basically getting free PR-consultation (and access to databases) that normally costs 300+ dollars an hour. So if you want to know the value of our current PR-plan: it is in the thousands of dollars.

And please, if you say that we are wasting our money on orphans, then I don't think you understand what BiblePay is trying to do.
you wanted to sell bbp for orphans.......when wont be exists ppl which will be to buy bbp,then what? liquidity will be 0$...then what?.....all coins raised only with PR ... Rob supported 339 orphans,now what? ... you dont know do marketing.Admit it. What is your professions? Are you bussines man,or marketing chief or who from BBP staff is person from marketing,advisor,economic school? haaaa? Some people laughing whom it built this strategy...

school grade from teacher: 5

Well, the idea was that we would continue to add value to BiblePay in order to attract new investors. And this would enable us to sell BBP on the market for the children. As far as I know, we hit all points on the roadmap, some even way before their stipulated dates, and Rob is working very hard on adding features. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be enough currently.

I don't want this project to fail, so if the price continues to drop, I will vote a 'no' on the current proposal for Compassion. There is no money involved in this project that I care about losing. I just do this from my heart right now. And my heart tells me that this project matters. That's why I don't want this project to fail.

I'm not blind. I agree that we currently most probably have too many sponsorships. I want that number to go down as low as it needs to go. And after that, I want sustainable growth. It that means only 1 orphan per month, then so be it.

I also don't want to ignore our investors. 10% should be 10% in my opinion. Nothing more. That 10% is our motto, and in steady conditions the market should have few problems absorbing that 10% in my opinion.

And you realize that you are part of the problem, right? All your FUD is tarnishing our reputation. I don't understand your motives, because it seems that it is your own investment that your FUD'ing away here.

I agree Jaap, Im going to vote against it too, especially in light of what Ginger told us about the Compassion insurance that we qualify for.

I just want to leave it in a little longer because our fast it still on - and God hasn't moved (in this way) on this yet.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: