Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:24:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 [835] 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2020, 11:59:24 AM

Same here, must be a glitch with the BBP daemon. Will come back up soon. Solo miners, enjoy this brief session of luck Smiley

I was worrying already that I might be on a fork since I got 8 blocks within the last 6 hours.

Thats awesome, just for reference what kind of HPS are you running solo mining?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haladez

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 05:17:08 PM

Same here, must be a glitch with the BBP daemon. Will come back up soon. Solo miners, enjoy this brief session of luck Smiley

I was worrying already that I might be on a fork since I got 8 blocks within the last 6 hours.

About 197k hps with a Ryzen 1700X with 32 genproclimit.
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2020, 05:28:09 PM

About 197k hps with a Ryzen 1700X with 32 genproclimit.

How do you solo mine? Just wallet mining solo? It is only for BBP (but not XMR I assume).

haladez

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 09:01:00 PM

Welp, I didn't upgrade yet and was on a fork indeed Roll Eyes

But just wallet mining solo, yeah.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2020, 04:08:57 AM

** Rx.biblepay.org Pool Down for a short period **

EDIT: Its up.  I will look into the root cause next.

minexmr.com's SSL configuration is causing issues for some people. I don't know if it is related to your pool issues. Also, their certificate is expiring in 3 days. I've let them know, but not sure if that's an issue too. Anyway, it is possible the rx's issues may be related to the upstream xmr pool.

MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 08:57:09 AM

Android Mobile version   version 1.5.0.7 available in Google Play store

- Support RandomX blocks
- Update CMC price API
andrei19732469

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 09:26:39 AM

Sorry, Invalid Destination Address (Code: 65002) when trying to enter your address and CPUID on the screen gives this error
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2020, 03:20:44 PM

1) In your exec associate command you should not prefix your username with "wcg_".  It should just be your wcg username.
2) Your WCG web account username should not have an e-mail suffix.  It should just be ksuny for example not ksuny@gmail.com.
3) After you make a change in WCG, you must wait about 12 hours to see the changes propagate.  Then try to exec associate again.
4) Id like to see the results of exec associate pasted.  None of the screen shots take that output to show.
5) I think we do have a faucet error on web.biblepay.org, but first lets confirm you are associated and in the chain, and then paste your cpid here *after* all that is working.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2020, 04:13:40 PM

The other thing that I can see happening is, I have very little flexibility with nomp to tie orphan URLs, reports, and sponsored miner orphans together (because of the limitations of redis, and Im not willing to bring in nomp-mysql into all this).

Do you want to take a poll with miners and see if there's any interest in sponsoring orphans? I can see your conundrum wanting miner and orphan data to be tied together. I've not worked with key-value store databases before (noSQL), but I imagine its not fun joining data together. Whatever you think is best. I like that NOMP allowed us to set up our own independent pools, but I also realize you have bigger plans than NOMP can allow. You have a good heart Rob. May God bless you way.

Borgholio

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 04:30:56 PM

Ok so I have more information regarding my inability to report BBP shares to the pool.

Unfortunately I am still not showing up on the list of workers, but I did make some progress in other areas.  Firstly, I was able to solve the issue of the miner randomly crashing.  I set the miner to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode and let it run overnight.  Instead of crashing out after just a couple of accepted shares, it now ran successfully without crashing for several hours and has submitted 337 shares (and still going).  So that's a great improvement.

Now as for the bigger issue with the pool not seeing my shares, unfortunately that has not changed at all.  Even with 337+ shares submitted, I'm still not showing on the BBP worker list.  I am no longer able to check the XMR tab to see how many XMR shares I've submitted since that tab doesn't seem to be working.  It's just showing blank.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be working, everything checked out.  Here's what I've tried so far:

Running the miner as administrator.
Launching the miner from an elevated command prompt.
Unblocking the .exe and the winring.sys files.
Adding the mining folder to the exception list of Windows Defender.
Added the individual files in the folder to the exception list of Windows Defender.
Completely disabling Windows Defender.
Added exceptions in Windows Firewall for the mining .exe file.
Completely turned off Windows Firewall.
Tested two versions of the mining .exe - 5.6.2 and 5.6.3.
Successfully telnet to rx.biblepay.org at both ports 3001 and 3020.
Ran the miner at both ports 3001 and 3020.
Generated a new receiving address in the BBP wallet.
Tested mining on a different computer.
Tested mining using a different internet connection.
Tested static IP with Google DNS.
Tested disabling IPv6.
Tested using the --keepalive switch.

That's pretty much everything.  Not sure what to try next.
emptyrunway

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 06:06:27 PM

I receive PC notifications for incoming rewards although some of them are never credited to my wallet. Both solo wallet mining and Boinc. Any thoughts?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2020, 07:40:13 PM

The other thing that I can see happening is, I have very little flexibility with nomp to tie orphan URLs, reports, and sponsored miner orphans together (because of the limitations of redis, and Im not willing to bring in nomp-mysql into all this).

Do you want to take a poll with miners and see if there's any interest in sponsoring orphans? I can see your conundrum wanting miner and orphan data to be tied together. I've not worked with key-value store databases before (noSQL), but I imagine its not fun joining data together. Whatever you think is best. I like that NOMP allowed us to set up our own independent pools, but I also realize you have bigger plans than NOMP can allow. You have a good heart Rob. May God bless you way.

Well thanks, on the poll, either way whether they want to sponsor orphans or not, I'm gleaning some other useful ideas out of this exercise anyway -
such as the ability to pull in orphan-bios associated for the entire pool.
For example, lets say a satellite pool is generating $60 per month; it would still be valuable to see the 3 orphan bios from SAI that particular pool is supporting.

The other thing is, I fear that nomp, if its not very scalable, no database administrator is going to get anyone out of 'a mess' if they cant do any queries in redis.
Im at the point where Im a little frustrated with Redis.  Im looking into writing a second pool.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
andrei19732469

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 09:42:27 PM

CPID---f8c2cf21c724f019c300c1ae8d98eb71

http://c.radikal.ru/c34/2003/7e/1760eb33f02c.jpg

http://c.radikal.ru/c08/2003/19/a7425b97404a.jpg

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2020, 11:38:07 PM

Ok so I have more information regarding my inability to report BBP shares to the pool.

Unfortunately I am still not showing up on the list of workers, but I did make some progress in other areas.  Firstly, I was able to solve the issue of the miner randomly crashing.  I set the miner to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode and let it run overnight.  Instead of crashing out after just a couple of accepted shares, it now ran successfully without crashing for several hours and has submitted 337 shares (and still going).  So that's a great improvement.

Now as for the bigger issue with the pool not seeing my shares, unfortunately that has not changed at all.  Even with 337+ shares submitted, I'm still not showing on the BBP worker list.  I am no longer able to check the XMR tab to see how many XMR shares I've submitted since that tab doesn't seem to be working.  It's just showing blank.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be working, everything checked out.  Here's what I've tried so far:

Running the miner as administrator.
Launching the miner from an elevated command prompt.
Unblocking the .exe and the winring.sys files.
Adding the mining folder to the exception list of Windows Defender.
Added the individual files in the folder to the exception list of Windows Defender.
Completely disabling Windows Defender.
Added exceptions in Windows Firewall for the mining .exe file.
Completely turned off Windows Firewall.
Tested two versions of the mining .exe - 5.6.2 and 5.6.3.
Successfully telnet to rx.biblepay.org at both ports 3001 and 3020.
Ran the miner at both ports 3001 and 3020.
Generated a new receiving address in the BBP wallet.
Tested mining on a different computer.
Tested mining using a different internet connection.
Tested static IP with Google DNS.
Tested disabling IPv6.
Tested using the --keepalive switch.

That's pretty much everything.  Not sure what to try next.

Well, on win7 compatibility mode, the only thing I can say about that is it probably forces your jit compiler to generate slightly different machine code.  As I want to point out, the "crash" or silent exit you experience, we do know where that happens and why.  Its happening inside the generated machine language, in a stack trace generated by RX's virtual machine (another words, its not in biblepay code).  And we know that a segfault cannot be contained safely.  Thats why I recommended the goto loop as that is the only safe way to handle that.  Just so people dont get the impression that you found a solution to a 'biblepay crash', he found a solution to the jit machine's machine language crash for his particular os and processor.

As far as not being able to submit bbp solutions, the only other suggestion I have is to run wireshark on your machine and monitor for the submit share packing (mining.submit).  Once you see this going out in wireshark, capture the traffic and see if your machine blocks the submission, or, if it goes out and does not receive a response.

The other suggestion is trying a different router and plugging directly into the WAN.  It could be software setting in the router resetting the packet outbound.
The other suggestion would be uninstalling any software on the machine other than mining software.  You might have a proxy of some sort, or a firewall block you are not aware of.  Or you can install a virtual machine and try mining in that pristine environment just to prove you can mine.
Your house is the only one not mining, so it must be a networking issue in your house.

Can you give us a screenshot of the XMR tab not populating?  Thats also not happening on any of my machines, and not reported anywhere.
Is it that you just have to paste the address in and click lookup?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 12:41:29 AM

Can you give us a screenshot of the XMR tab not populating?  Thats also not happening on any of my machines, and not reported anywhere.

Sure, no problem.  Here is a screenshot.  It happens on all web browsers but was working fine just a couple days ago.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjuxSfKebyTRgcFIBZKV6Y2xf8Q6UA
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2020, 12:41:55 AM

Android Mobile version   version 1.5.0.7 available in Google Play store

- Support RandomX blocks
- Update CMC price API

And btw all, this is a mandatory upgrade for the mobile devices, because the randomx block size has changed (it has two additional fields), so after 184675, the mobile will not sync unless you upgrade.

MIP, is the iPhone version also released?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
andrei19732469

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 02:11:15 AM

BLFDYzJNqko7GiJUFQpFs4dGT7qZ8C5MsK

Thank you very much everything worked out. But I would correct it in the instructions. Since many people use it

https://a.radikal.ru/a30/2003/0e/3c05a47dbe11.jpg
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2020, 02:56:11 AM

BLFDYzJNqko7GiJUFQpFs4dGT7qZ8C5MsK

Thank you very much everything worked out. But I would correct it in the instructions. Since many people use it

https://a.radikal.ru/a30/2003/0e/3c05a47dbe11.jpg

Sent.

I changed the WCG_ to WorldCommunityGridUserName (and WorldCommunityGridVerificationCode) in the code for the next release.

I believe that is Togos Wiki, Togo if you want you can put to not use underscore in parentheses in the wiki?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:47:36 AM

Sure, no problem.  Here is a screenshot.  It happens on all web browsers but was working fine just a couple days ago.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjuxSfKebyTRgcFIBZKV6Y2xf8Q6UA

I see that, ok.  Well thats sort of a smoking gun right there as I havent seen that behavior.
Please try opening a google chrome incognito window and pulling it up, and see if you can switch to the XMR inquiry tab.

One know issue with nomp is if you leave a browser window open, the page subscribes to the single thread (which I dont like) and it takes 60 seconds to update if you hit f5.
But a new incognito window refreshes all the tabs usually pretty fast (but not very fast).

On a side note, I plan on having the second pool ready by Monday evening, so if all else fails you can test it.

It sure does seem like your computer starts a session, then hangs up before it can solve a bbp share.

Id still recommend running a cat5 cable directly from a machine and try to mine from it through the router (eliminate wifi).

That imho, is the best shot right now to circumvent other tests first.

I think the computer gods just hate me.  So here's where we stand...

First, the incognito tab in Chrome worked fine for a while, then it too stopped loading.  I was forced to go straight to https://minexmr.com/#worker_stats to be able to view my XMR shares.

Second, I tried hooking up a PC to my router via Ethernet cable, but ran into the same issue.  I also remotely took over my mom's computer (2 hours away) and tested there with a freshly downloaded copy of the miner but same results as everything else.  XMR shares are being generated steadily but no BBP shares at all.

During testing however, I noticed something went terribly wrong with the pool's stats:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjuxSfKebyTRgcFOYRshFGkuWBNLvQ

It's been about 20 minutes since I noticed it and it's still looking like that.

Now I know that with everything going on it seems like there is something on my end that's blocking it, but even on computers 120 miles away it does the same thing.  At that point, the only thing in common is my BBP address...even though I've already tested with a freshly generated one.

Something I just thought of...would there be any configuration in my BBP wallet that could be affecting this?  Would received addresses generated in old versions have issues?  Since I have not tested a new received address since I upgraded to the most recent build of the wallet, would that be worth a shot?  Could this be something that the pool is rejecting when trying to credit shares?
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 07:29:14 AM

Can you give us a screenshot of the XMR tab not populating?  Thats also not happening on any of my machines, and not reported anywhere.

Sure, no problem.  Here is a screenshot.  It happens on all web browsers but was working fine just a couple days ago.

The XMR tab looks exactly the same for me and has never looked anything different. I thought it wasn't implemented yet.  Grin
Tested this on different browsers (FF, Chrome, Vivaldi) in "normal" and "private" mode.

Other than that I have no problems with the pool whatsoever, so this cannot be the reason for your mining issues. Wink

Thanks for the tip with minexmr.com, I see my stats there just fine.
Pages: « 1 ... 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 [835] 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: