Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 03:29:04 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAG] X11 POS/POW+Masternodes MAGNET / magnetwork.io  (Read 32183 times)
seddik

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 10:28:29 AM

We have been setting up the masternodes (and actually still are) for the network to be stable from the start. This is the standard procedure for setting up networks.
The same goes for the hashrate - this is needed for the network to be safe from outside attacks.

Most of the coins that were mined during testing the mainnet period will be sold cheaply on the exchange once its established.

can not see any real dump except small amounts from the miners.
you said you would sell those coins for cheap price i think you still hold that 250k.

still waiting for those cheap coins

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
nikita_gricanenko

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 10:29:19 AM

what difference in POW and POS??
idev

Activity: 926

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:45:06 AM

hello guys,
can anyone that have mined this coin on mimingrentalrigs or nicehash give approximatly how much BTC would a masternode costs?
thanks in advance.

On MiningRigRentals.. its hard to say because it depends on the rewards. We are POS/POW coin then roughly half of the blocks are POS that makes it very difficult to calculate the end result when You acquire MN through mining.

Right now purchasing MN from coinexchange.io gets You the MN for around 0.2 - 0.5 BTC and is way less time costly procedure considering there is decent amount of people already mining.
blockonomy

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:10:33 PM

I'm hoping someone can help me out with building the wallet in windows, I was following the instructions on github, but when I got to line 10 I do not have a "dev" folder at C:/, nor do I have 49-32-qt5.bat.  I'm new to this, I'm hoping someone can point out what I'm missing.  I have followed the instructions to install qt, python, already figured out I had to install MinGW, that's set up, I'm at step 10 but I've run searches of C:/ for the 49-32-qt5.bat and variations of that name, but I come up with nothing.  I would appreciate any help I can get.
Indeed the instructions are outdated (from previous forks but build system was changed and it does not work out of the box). The easiest way is to do a cross-compile with mxe on linux (this is how the binary was build).
blockonomy

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:20:50 PM

Proof of Work is like bitcoin where miners try to compute a block header hash below a specific target - not so "equitable" since it essentially requires hash power.
Proof of Stake is more accessible in that you can contribute to mining the chain without the need for hash power and are only required to "lock" some coins (staking). Your staking coins are then eligible to receive the coinbase reward (reward amount is based on coin age).
danieljefrry

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:24:12 PM

Guys why the reward for each block reduced to 100, in most pool? Supposedly 200 isn't it?

jr_007

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:28:24 PM

Guys why the reward for each block reduced to 100, in most pool? Supposedly 200 isn't it?

50% to the masternode ?
blockonomy

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:28:50 PM

50% to the masternode ?
correct.
jr_007

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:32:23 PM

How much do you get with 10GHz Hash ? Planning to mine .
cryptojai

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:33:14 PM

Good that this is already in an exchange .
idev

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:35:19 PM

We have been setting up the masternodes (and actually still are) for the network to be stable from the start. This is the standard procedure for setting up networks.
The same goes for the hashrate - this is needed for the network to be safe from outside attacks.

Most of the coins that were mined during testing the mainnet period will be sold cheaply on the exchange once its established.

can not see any real dump except small amounts from the miners.
you said you would sell those coins for cheap price i think you still hold that 250k.

still waiting for those cheap coins

We released some of the coins already to the market.
We will never do a so-called dump - it is very unconsiderate of the price + users. In approx. months time we release slowly, but steadily portion of our coins to stimulate the market.

Ofcourse the 250k we hold on to - it is reserved in masternodes that are making the network secure and every user that connects to the network with their wallet also uses those masternodes to sync up their own wallet.
Just in case if You are unfamiliar with MNs - to set up a masternode, one needs to reserve 10 000 MAGs and those coins will be locked the whole time masternode is running.

You probably were referring to the coins that were mined during the mainnet testing period. We finally had a chance to look into it.
Since we are POS/POW network, half of the blocks come out as POS blocks and are based on the staking weight. This makes half of the blocks to give out small rewards so the actual amount we mined was WAY smaller than FUD spreaders at the start of this thread calculated. The number suggested was around 1.8 mil from the 9000 blocks mined before ANN.
The actual number was around 900K coins (250K masternode premine included.) so the mined coins are 0.625% of the whole network total coins planned (144millions).
This cant be translated into a HUGE PREMINE warnings by any means.
Most of it will be used as follows:
- to keep up the masternodes for the network security in the future
- to pay different fees (going on new exchanges, server fees, running miners for fast blocktime etc)
- some portion will be given out to the public, but this will happen when we have more time to focus on it in the near future
- invested into future developments

If someone wants to check up on this - download a wallet, sync it. Open up the Console (Help>DebugWindow>Console Tab) and write getinfo.
This brings a small overview of the network. There is a line "moneysupply" : 1311970.69689592. This reflects all the circulating coins at the moment. In the time of writing this reply our supply is 1.3 million.
Roughly 100-150 K coins are created daily. We have been public for 3 days so around 850-900 coins before going public should be the right premine amount.

So You see there is no point to cling to those accusations, but instead find what is important.
We have been delivering support to the users needing help.
We are here to stay and develop the network, main focus on the wallet and user experince.
We had tons of MN cheap sell propositions, but never sold 1 to keep it all fair.
We are here to communicate our efforts to users for more transparency.

FUD on here usually does not have much ground and sometimes it can make great opportunities look awful. This is the turning point where the users can make a difference for themselves. Most of the time learning about the asset and reading through all the ANN thread carefully is usually a good start. There is not much info about crypto online so next big step to make is get involved in a assets chat. This is the best way to find people who are interested in the same things that You are. If You choose to invest in an asset that makes Your gut calm and feel right - the reasearch comes more naturally as well because You are engaged in something that feels good. Being in the flow always FEELS GOOD.

I truly hope this helps to make the right choices in the future!

blockonomy

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:37:26 PM

How much do you get with 10GHz Hash ? Planning to mine .
Hard to tell exactly because the network difficulty has been spiking a lot in the past few days and blocks may take longer to find with adjustment time. However 10Ghz is still a decent hash rate based on total hash rate on official pool (http://magnetpool.io:8080/stats)
idev

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:43:45 PM

POW means proof-of-work
POS means proof-of-stake

Hybrid coins like Us use both ways to mine blocks.

POW uses calculations to find a block / POS uses staking

You can read up on all those terms by using google and Your perseverance to learn on the subject.
If You plan to stay in crypto.. we suggest to start learning by googling cryptocurrencies/bitcoin basics.
There is tons of materials to satisfy Your needs.
9ine

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:13:59 PM

is there an official block explorer yet ?
blockonomy

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:19:46 PM

is there an official block explorer yet ?
Not yet, working on it.
helloinox

Activity: 31

ANLKGTFfoX3Z1Dvh6toL5maPJitZuGnDX8

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:34:34 PM

One is proof of word and the other is proof of stake. That's pretty much of it.

ALTCOMMUNITY COIN
 SONOHUB  FORUM  eSPORTS 
Renyuukito

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:23:25 AM

I'm hoping someone can help me out with building the wallet in windows, I was following the instructions on github, but when I got to line 10 I do not have a "dev" folder at C:/, nor do I have 49-32-qt5.bat.  I'm new to this, I'm hoping someone can point out what I'm missing.  I have followed the instructions to install qt, python, already figured out I had to install MinGW, that's set up, I'm at step 10 but I've run searches of C:/ for the 49-32-qt5.bat and variations of that name, but I come up with nothing.  I would appreciate any help I can get.
If you're just looking for the wallet binary, you can download it from their official website
http://magnetwork.io/Wallets/magnet-qt-WIN.rar

windows is absolutely dead set that the file is a virus lol.  it would be nice to gain the information and learn something new anyway.  i do appreciate the link though.
hashcrypto

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:02:28 AM

https://mag.hashcrypto.club
New pool launched
Join us!
1% Fees
MPOS
Automatic Payouts
NeroZyF

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:39:35 AM

MagnetCoin Mining Pool

waroenkcryptopool.com

No register needed.. based on Yiimp pool..
Payout : Every Hour
Fee  : 0.5%

Code:
-o stratum+tcp://waroenkcryptopool.com:3533 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=MAG
4 hours no payment
look what happened to the pool

minerzsmallBIG

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:55:18 AM

MagnetCoin Mining Pool

waroenkcryptopool.com

No register needed.. based on Yiimp pool..
Payout : Every Hour
Fee  : 0.5%

Code:
-o stratum+tcp://waroenkcryptopool.com:3533 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=MAG
4 hours no payment
look what happened to the pool

My d3 only submit 3Gh..any solution?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.